Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:51:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 99
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VII: Insert Something Philosophical Sounding Here  (Read 147528 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »

Old thread has basically hit capacity, so here's another.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »

Great work, lads. Only 16 seasons behind the original Update.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:50:44 PM »

At a bus stop about to go to a lab, then I have to type up a lab report and study for two exams. And I pulled an all nighter doing school work.

This has been the longest semester of my life easily.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 01:50:51 PM »
« Edited: October 11, 2018, 01:56:38 PM by NYC Millennial Minority »

$30.80 well spent

Can't wait to wear this all over NYC and get high-fives from all the other undercover Drumpf fans.

BTW, before anyone asks, no - people who wear these hats don't really get any vitriol at all other than the occasional glare, and people seem to be afraid of glaring at me anyway because of the vibe I give off I guess.

A couple close friends of mine have worn MAGA hats in NYC all the time with no problem. The people aren't as brainwashed and frothing at the mouth as you might think

also, in other news, I got this random text from some guy who claims I made his girlfriend cheat on him and that the next time he sees me on campus will be something I 'regret.' The thing is...I'm not even sure what girl and what campus he's referring to lmfao. This isn't even the first time something like this happened to me and it won't be the last.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »

I am so hopeful we can make you the new Libertas. Be sure to post exceptionally large pictures in every post (dimensionally challenged if possible) and go into even more detail about your trysts in the Greatest City on Earth when you have time to share with us.

I am in New York less and less these days, but I did some girl wearing a MAGA hat on Market Street here earlier this year. I was wide-eyed shocked and did a triple take. She seemed rather normal and no one acted out of the ordinary at all. Though the outer boroughs are hardly comparable to the city center here, I wouldn't even dare do so much in West Virginia.
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 02:34:31 PM »

I am so hopeful we can make you the new Libertas. Be sure to post exceptionally large pictures in every post (dimensionally challenged if possible) and go into even more detail about your trysts in the Greatest City on Earth when you have time to share with us.

I am in New York less and less these days, but I did some girl wearing a MAGA hat on Market Street here earlier this year. I was wide-eyed shocked and did a triple take. She seemed rather normal and no one acted out of the ordinary at all. Though the outer boroughs are hardly comparable to the city center here, I wouldn't even dare do so much in West Virginia.

Did you read one of my first posts, about how a while back I met a guy who also went by 'Libertas' on some other forum, a long time before I even knew of this forum? Next time I meet him I'll ask him if he's the same guy as the one from this forum

oh, and I'll definitely be writing as much as I can about my quest to get laid as much as possible AND to convert as many left wingers as possible in NYC to Trumpism.

I'll also share screenshots of hilarious/crazy texts I get sometimes from girls and others as a result of my quest lmao. Stay tuned.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »

“There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.”
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 10:40:58 AM »

Ever find yourself totally cut off from the world when you didn't expect it or need it? Well it happened to me yesterday.

I have an annual meeting in the Rockies (Vail/Beaver Creek) and this year I decided to take the train instead of flying. I had the time and the train goes through a stretch of canyons of the Colorado river that have no road, so the only way to see them is by train or whitewater kayak (including class 5 rapids). Indeed the Gore Canyon, particularly the Upper Gore were well worth the overnight ride across NE (though that picked up 14 counties in my quest to visit them all).

However, between the Gore and Red canyons the train came to a stop. We were already about an hour behind schedule, but I had 4 1/2 hours cushion in Glenwood Springs before the Enterprise car office closed and left me 70 miles from my lodging. A half hour after the stop the conductor announces that a boulder has fallen on to the tracks and a maintenance vehicle had to come out to lift the boulder and check the tracks. As the half hour wait became three hours I was nervous.

Normally I'd be on my phone and tablet, contacting the car rental office to see how late they could stay, and booking a room in Glenwood Springs as a backup. However we in one of those gorgeous canyons and there was no cell service of any kind and no wifi on the train. All I could do was sit.

Finally just before 5 pm the boulder is cleared and we get rolling, with an estimated arrival of 6:15 into Glenwood Springs - that's 15 minutes after Enterprise closes. I did note that 30 min before we got there we'd pass through the town of Dotsero where for about 3 minutes I'd have service. I cued up a string of email messages to my wife about the situation and who to call. I could do much else given the weak service and short time through Dotsero.

Somehow the plan worked. My wife got the messages, got a hold of the local Enterprise office and gave them the necessary credit card and DL info to complete the contract. At 6:03, about 10 minutes from Glenwood Springs I had service again and found a text from Enterprise about where they'd leave the car with keys and a contract. Great!

Not so fast, the lot I was supposed to find the car had construction, so I wandered up to the street in front of the station looking for my car. It wasn't parked but at 6:20 I see the bright red Corolla with UT plates turn the corner. I wave and all is good, since the Enterprise driver was also trying to figure out what to do when the lot was closed. Enterprise lived up to its advertising on this day.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »

The haterzzz in my life don't realize it but they just push me harder towards success and greater and greater heights. shoving my success in the face of people who said I couldn't make it is the most satisfying thing on Earth.

cheers to my haterz, so much more is coming. just wait and see, bitches!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 02:51:58 PM »

I had a good experience with mixing Enterprise and Amtrak on my honeymoon trip last year.  In my case, it was dropping off the car before they closed and them shuttling us to the station in Flagstaff. The only real problem was that the train was delayed so we had to spend a couple extra hours at the station. Fortunately, I had planned for the possibility of a delay, so while it was a discomfort, we still managed to get to LAX, take a shuttle bus from LAX the train station to LAX the airport, and arrive in time for our flight home except that too was delayed in leaving.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »

Today is my birthday! Cheesy
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »

Sorry to hear that.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 06:10:40 PM »

happy birthday brah make the most of ur day!!!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 07:59:03 PM »

Sad
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 08:19:09 PM »

I discovered a little less than a year ago that every birthday after 21 was simply part of a long, dismal, undistinguished march toward the grave. Indeed, I hadn't really felt I accomplished anything since March 2017.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 08:30:16 PM »

I discovered a little less than a year ago that every birthday after 21 was simply part of a long, dismal, undistinguished march toward the grave. Indeed, I hadn't really felt I accomplished anything since March 2017.

That's exactly I feel! Life is all downhill from here! The birthdays just mark how long our suffering lasts.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 08:45:30 PM »
« Edited: October 12, 2018, 08:48:42 PM by HillGoose »

That's exactly I feel! Life is all downhill from here! The birthdays just mark how long our suffering lasts.

what a bad attitude lmao.

yeah life is going to suck if you think like that.

you can't control what happens to you, but you can control how you react to it. your reaction is what will make the difference between being a successful person being a loser.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »

what a loser attitude lmao

You know what they say about ignorance, buddy
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 08:50:18 PM »

what a loser attitude lmao

You know what they say about ignorance, buddy

no I don't because those who try to bring me down are already below me. their opinion doesn't matter.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 09:37:33 AM »

Up and away to Honolulu.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 09:42:15 AM »

I doubt those shoes are even American made smh.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 09:46:16 AM »
« Edited: October 13, 2018, 09:49:18 AM by Santander »

I doubt those shoes are even American made smh.

Handmade (and hand-distressed! the shoes come "dirty") in Italy.

My dress shoes are all American-made. So are the trousers I'm wearing
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »

I couldn't disagree more. At 21 I had only graduated college. I had so many achievements yet to come in terms of family, academics, politics, travel, ... .  By getting involved with martial arts at 30 i felt more fit at 40 than I did at 21. I find each birthday is a chance to recognize all the new and interesting things accomplished and plan for what's next.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »

I couldn't disagree more. At 21 I had only graduated college. I had so many achievements yet to come in terms of family, academics, politics, travel, ... .  By getting involved with martial arts at 30 i felt more fit at 40 than I did at 21. I find each birthday is a chance to recognize all the new and interesting things accomplished and plan for what's next.

👏👏👏💯💯💯
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 11:07:47 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2018, 11:16:22 PM by Santander »

Watching the sun set over Waikiki from my hotel room. Rented a convertible, driving around the island tomorrow, and then catching up with some old classmates on Monday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 99  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies