The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:34:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 171179 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: May 14, 2020, 03:34:58 PM »

So, did the maladministration present any evidence at all? The way we have, for example, evidence of Russian assistance to the Trump campaign or evidence of the coward Donald Trump attempting to extort favors from a foreign government.  Or are the Chinese guilty the same way Clinton and Obama are? That is, are they guilty of not being white male fake-Christian Republicans who worship Trump and Mammon?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1751 on: May 17, 2020, 10:51:13 AM »

Hawley is a social conservative and economic moderate.

I would put Hawley to the left of most of the Dems elected in 2018.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1752 on: May 17, 2020, 12:24:28 PM »

The entire thread is a gold mine of garbage, but this one stood out:

- what we think of as “black” culture is basically Southern US Anglo culture.  
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1753 on: May 17, 2020, 06:06:06 PM »

Wisconsin. I think Trump could win it by 5+%. Same as Michigan.

Trump is not winning MI by 5 points, under any circumstances.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1754 on: May 23, 2020, 07:59:01 PM »

New NFL quarterback Joey Burrow, who is the 2019 Heisman Trophy winner, 2019 National Football Champion, No. 1 draft in 2020 NFL draft has a pretty progressive outlook on life.

In a league that blackballed Colin Kaepernick, will Burrow's stance help him or hurt him?

https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1253474064439574528

click thread for context about why this makes no sense
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1755 on: May 24, 2020, 09:21:10 AM »

The Republicans in Canada would be to the left of the Liberal Party as they support social security which is far more liberal than the CPP
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1756 on: May 24, 2020, 11:41:49 AM »

The Republicans in Canada would be to the left of the Liberal Party as they support social security which is far more liberal than the CPP

I was obviously being sarcastic lmao
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1757 on: May 25, 2020, 12:02:35 AM »

I want to hang women who have abortions
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1758 on: May 25, 2020, 08:27:29 AM »

People should keep their kinks to themselves on this site.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1759 on: May 25, 2020, 08:44:54 AM »

It’s time to rename the thread, ‘me thinks.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1760 on: May 25, 2020, 09:08:56 AM »

Oof.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1761 on: May 25, 2020, 09:31:19 AM »

Yeah, that puts him on ignore for me.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1762 on: May 25, 2020, 09:45:35 AM »

His parents should be notified their monitoring app is broken.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1763 on: May 25, 2020, 12:58:50 PM »

Don't forget that the man "believe[s] that transgenderism is pedophilia". I don't know what circles he's hanging around, but all the trans people I know have no interest in banging kids to my knowledge.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1764 on: May 25, 2020, 10:25:24 PM »

Wasn’t he supposed to be heading DNI?

He was the greatest Acting DNI in the history of the Republic, and a Massive FF in that role.

click thread for context
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1765 on: May 25, 2020, 10:49:08 PM »

Don't forget that the man "believe[s] that transgenderism is pedophilia". I don't know what circles he's hanging around, but all the trans people I know have no interest in banging kids to my knowledge.

Yeah I should’ve included the full original quote. I just read the first sentence and used that since I didn’t want to read anymore of his ramblings.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1766 on: May 25, 2020, 10:51:32 PM »

Yeah I should’ve included the full original quote. I just read the first sentence and used that since I didn’t want to read anymore of his ramblings.

I'd support renaming this thread after Haley/Ryan
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1767 on: May 26, 2020, 12:31:50 AM »

KKE with pessimism in my heart. Realistically, I’d probably utilize tactical voting to make sure it’s the best parliament it has a possibility of being, but most of that is for the KKE.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1768 on: May 26, 2020, 01:03:54 AM »

KKE with pessimism in my heart. Realistically, I’d probably utilize tactical voting to make sure it’s the best parliament it has a possibility of being, but most of that is for the KKE.
That’s absurd and ignorant how exactly?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1769 on: May 26, 2020, 01:10:01 AM »

Supporting literal Stalinists is always absurd. The KKE are also so authoritarian they opposed Tsipras' gay rights legislation.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1770 on: May 26, 2020, 02:19:47 PM »

Supporting literal Stalinists is always absurd. The KKE are also so authoritarian they opposed Tsipras' gay rights legislation.
I’m aware of the rigidity of the KKE. Really, when deciding to either vote for the people who broke the country in the first place (PASOK new) or a party who initiated the worst austerity measures in Southern Europe, sent the police to remove Anarchist communes, and didn’t bring on legal weed or any social change by their coalition with the arch-conservative EL party, and are bragging about their border control bona fides during the worst mass migration of humans in the planet—that leaves one party that’s the least worse in parliament to support full term. Don’t get me wrong, I like Varoufakis, but his party is unstable to last in the current conditions and only worth a tactical vote.

I could vote for some trots who aren’t an alphabet soup cult or a minor party of the left, but the current conditions do not allow it. The poverty and austerity measures must be slowed, and that’s why I chose the KKE.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1771 on: May 28, 2020, 02:15:53 AM »

Police: *murders dozens of Black people with impunity*
America: this is fine Smiley nothing to see here Smiley
Black people: *mildly damage a police car*
America: OH WOW THIS IS SERIOUS FOLKS
Except plenty of conservatives have called for the officers to be investigated and arrested. Your argument is a complete misrepresentation of the other side.
And it’s also looting and not social distancing (which as you all know, is a big no-no for me)
It’s not a peaceful protest if you intentionally destroy property/possessions.

Protests aren't required to be peaceful.

They are if you want your protest to be taken seriously.

Taken seriously by who? Smashing a car window with a skateboard is less violent than waving Confederate flags and carrying around assault weapons if you ask me.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1772 on: May 29, 2020, 11:05:26 AM »

Hopefully these riots make more voters in MN realise the importance of having politicians who recognise the importance of maintaining law and order, Trump should be able to capitalise on these riots and the more riots happen the better it will be for him electorally, he likely does understand how to use these riots to help him politically I would say, it would be a good way for him to turn away the focus from the virus.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1773 on: May 29, 2020, 11:37:25 AM »

Hopefully these riots make more voters in MN realise the importance of having politicians who recognise the importance of maintaining law and order, Trump should be able to capitalise on these riots and the more riots happen the better it will be for him electorally, he likely does understand how to use these riots to help him politically I would say, it would be a good way for him to turn away the focus from the virus.
It's terrible to politicize this as a Republican vs. Democrat issue, but this post isn't objectively wrong. Independents and swing voters are watching these riots. It wasn't Trump supporters who stormed into that Target and looted it, that's for sure.

And please don't respond to this post with some "teh Nazis stormed the capital building." People are allowed to carry guns. You can bring a gun into the state capital of Florida and all you need is a concealed carry license. I've seen plenty of civilians with guns there. I went there almost daily for like nine freaking months.

White guys carrying guns isn't some form of a beer hall putsch.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1774 on: May 29, 2020, 01:28:29 PM »

It's terrible to politicize this as a Republican vs. Democrat issue, but this post isn't objectively wrong. Independents and swing voters are watching these riots. It wasn't Trump supporters who stormed into that Target and looted it, that's for sure.

And please don't respond to this post with some "teh Nazis stormed the capital building." People are allowed to carry guns. You can bring a gun into the state capital of Florida and all you need is a concealed carry license. I've seen plenty of civilians with guns there. I went there almost daily for like nine freaking months.

White guys carrying guns isn't some form of a beer hall putsch.

The terrible part of this post is the fact that it’s politicizing the riots and suggesting that turning attention away from COVID-19 is a good thing.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies