The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:13:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 170767 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1650 on: February 28, 2020, 09:02:44 PM »

Oct. 19, 1987 - Market crashed by 22.6%. One year later, Reagan wins 49 states, because the market recovered quickly.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1651 on: February 28, 2020, 09:12:19 PM »

While I believe the accusers and hope Weinstein gets the maximum, I still find it concerning that nowadays you can get a conviction on such a serious charge without any physical/DNA evidence. The case was simply one person's word against the other's and I don't see how that proves the case beyond a reasonable doubt.
CC: The Cave of Common Sense.

We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #1652 on: March 03, 2020, 03:06:08 AM »

At this point I'm resigned to the fact that Sanders won't be the nominee.

Congratulations, Bidenbros.  I guess I better start ordering my Howie Hawkins signs.

"Four more years! Four more years!"

America's best days are behind us and at some point in my generation we'll be where Greece is today.  The coasts will be eroded thanks to climate change and no president, Republican or Democrat, is going to change that.

People will make fun of me for saying this but the next president isn't going to matter in the context of eternity, and order will only be restored when Christ returns to set things right.  I pray that I live to see that day.  That is what I place my faith in.  Not politicians.

You and Mike Pompeo should team up and try to bring about the end times.  It may be the only way to stop the centrists from passing universal health care.

I post this here and I'm an atheist. Can we stop pretending GMA is a good poster and human being now?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1653 on: March 05, 2020, 12:55:37 PM »

THE ABSOLUTE F[INKS]ING WORST

HP. The worst Democratic Senator. I prefer Joe Manchin to her.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1654 on: March 05, 2020, 05:22:02 PM »

I see all the Biden & anti-Bernie folks have dominated this thread over the last 48 hours.

Of course, I'm not surprised. Just damn, what a siege

The more interesting bit to me is that Bernie fans aren't defending against these posts. This leads me to believe they have accepted that no viable path forward exists for their candidate. Wink

Or perhaps they've come to the realisation Democrats don't really care about their left wing and would gladly shove them out to make way for Kasich and Romney Republicans?

You've posted the allegation that Democrats "don't care about progressives/the left" in a whole bunch of threads in the last ten minutes.  Maybe go lie down for a bit?

You're not actually disproving anything I say, so . . .

What you're saying is not worth the time to respond to it, especially since you wouldn't listen anyway.

My point is only that you don't need to copy+paste it into every single thread

You not even trying to disprove what I'm saying proves my point.

I think this thread will keep its name for a long time.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1655 on: March 07, 2020, 04:57:06 PM »

Fear of getting infected at the polling places will lead to lower turnout, and lower turnout helps Republicans. What do you guys think?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1656 on: March 09, 2020, 01:50:10 PM »

Context (#3 is especially bad)

Five-fold reasons, and ftr, Bernie was not my first choice.

1. The only way to repudiate the entire establishment bloc of Dems and the old status quo tactics of yesteryear is to ensure they lose. Voting 3rd Party or staying out risks the factors working in Biden's favor. And don't try whining about how "counter-intuitive" or "disagreeable" this line of thinking is, because mods do it all the time when they throw out words like "unpalatable" or something about the taxes. 2016 should've been an introspective lesson, but apparently not.

2. Supposing factor 1 was merit-less, I only trust Bernie or Warren to use the Exec. Pen to the fullest effect and work the trifecta to the bone for two years before the inevitable. Given that I prioritize ousting McConnell over defeating Trump anyway, I would rather at this point just let the six-year itch take its course rather than have another Obama syphon away everything for a "Grand Bargain". Not like 2020 isn't an uphill-to-near- impossible battle to flip the Senate anyway.

3. Trump is a good cudgel that fires up everyone, and despite the long odds, he is the key to flipping back everything downballot and undoing long term damage just because of his attitude. As a plus, he keeps the GOP honest for what they really are. If he doesn't get re-elected, all that fire and anger evaporates and the GOP get to escape responsibility, all the while preparing someone more odious as a successor. The polarization won't end with Trump, it'll get worse. Keep the devil you know until you can get an angel as a replacement, and Biden just isn't that angel.

However, the biggest reason is this:

4. Biden hasn't had a winning record while trying at it nor the instinct to hit the perfect time. He either skipped years he might've had a chance (1992, 2004, 2016), or bombed spectacularly for stupid reasons (1988, 2008). Exactly why should 2020 be any different?

On a lesser note:

5. There are some issues that the party is moving too far-left on, and they aren't on the issues I particularly agree with. And no, I'm not particularly happy with where Bernie and The Squad have gone either on this, but they at least pay attention to the kitchen table stuff, and I will note that Bernie himself has mostly shied away from those aspects in favor of the economics.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1657 on: March 09, 2020, 04:18:09 PM »

We have to keep things really bad, otherwise it's hard to make them better.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1658 on: March 09, 2020, 07:54:48 PM »

TBH we ought to have summary executions for people who refuse to quarantine. Nothing like a few summary executions to knock some sense into people. It would probably only take a few well publicized ones, also, so the cost in lives would end up being quite low.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1659 on: March 09, 2020, 11:45:26 PM »

Jesus Christ
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1660 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:31 AM »

They will get in line or deal with four more years of Trump.  It would be much better for Joe to work on winning over olds in the general, who vote at much higher rates and are therefore more prized.

Then why not run on anti-youth platform? Let colleges charge what they want, completely transfer education over to private schools? I can go on.

Lolol, “anti youth platform”. K!

Maybe he should run on a platform to dig a hole through the earth so we can travel to China quicker.

I'm deadly serious. Why not specifically look to screw young voters over since they don't matter?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1661 on: March 13, 2020, 09:45:55 AM »

Why shouldn't Tulsi be in the debate?

She's on the ballot in the remaining states.  Why shouldn't the Democratic voters get to hear what she says?

Is that inconvenient for the Democratic Establishment?  Probably, but so what?  The Democratic Establishment's problems come from rigging the process and getting caught.  You'd think they'd avoid all appearances of this in 2020, but I guess not.

She's no longer viable. At this point in the cycle, being viable is a reasonable goalpost for a debate.

She could conceivably win enough delegates to force a brokered convention.  There are a significant number of Democrats who don't wish for either Biden or Sanders.  Why shouldn't they have another choice that's already on the ballot?  Perhaps a significant number of Democrats WANT a brokered convention which will produce a candidate other than someone who'll be eighty in their first term and who is either mildly senile or a blatant anti-capitalist.  Are they just out of luck?

Gabbard's presence may well be inconvenient for the Democratic Establishment, which will have enough trouble with the Bernie Bros at the convention to maintain unity.  That's fine, but if that's the case, the blather about "democracy" needs to stop.  Tulsi Gabbard is a Representative who's on the ballot in the upcoming primaries.  Why shouldn't she be able to make her case to the Democratic Party electorate in the debate?  Why is that not the "democratic" thing to do?

To spout the idea on March 7th that Tulsi could conceivably win enough delegates to force a brokered convention, has to rank near the top of dumb things said by Atlas posters, even if you included all the trolls.

And then 1/2hr later he threw in this kicker, in response to the question, "Will Bernie be viable in Florida"

So he simultaneously promoted the idea that Tulsi could force a brokered convention while at the same time proclaiming that Bernie won't be viable in Florida.

I hereby proclaim the founding of the "Fuzzy School of Math for Kids Who Can't Add too Good"

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1662 on: March 13, 2020, 01:20:46 PM »

Why shouldn't Tulsi be in the debate?

She's on the ballot in the remaining states.  Why shouldn't the Democratic voters get to hear what she says?

Is that inconvenient for the Democratic Establishment?  Probably, but so what?  The Democratic Establishment's problems come from rigging the process and getting caught.  You'd think they'd avoid all appearances of this in 2020, but I guess not.

She's no longer viable. At this point in the cycle, being viable is a reasonable goalpost for a debate.

She could conceivably win enough delegates to force a brokered convention.  There are a significant number of Democrats who don't wish for either Biden or Sanders.  Why shouldn't they have another choice that's already on the ballot?  Perhaps a significant number of Democrats WANT a brokered convention which will produce a candidate other than someone who'll be eighty in their first term and who is either mildly senile or a blatant anti-capitalist.  Are they just out of luck?

Gabbard's presence may well be inconvenient for the Democratic Establishment, which will have enough trouble with the Bernie Bros at the convention to maintain unity.  That's fine, but if that's the case, the blather about "democracy" needs to stop.  Tulsi Gabbard is a Representative who's on the ballot in the upcoming primaries.  Why shouldn't she be able to make her case to the Democratic Party electorate in the debate?  Why is that not the "democratic" thing to do?

To spout the idea on March 7th that Tulsi could conceivably win enough delegates to force a brokered convention, has to rank near the top of dumb things said by Atlas posters, even if you included all the trolls.

And then 1/2hr later he threw in this kicker, in response to the question, "Will Bernie be viable in Florida"

So he simultaneously promoted the idea that Tulsi could force a brokered convention while at the same time proclaiming that Bernie won't be viable in Florida.

I hereby proclaim the founding of the "Fuzzy School of Math for Kids Who Can't Add too Good"

Surely you've heard of fuzzy logic. Smiley
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1663 on: March 16, 2020, 02:37:15 AM »

What are the chances that both Republicans get heavily damaged in the primary and the winner of the runoff hopefully loses to Doug Jones?

Reasonably good, all things considered.

No way. Jones only won by around 1.5% in a low turnout special election against possibly the single worst major party Senate nominee in the past decade. Presidential turnout in a state where Trump remains very popular, with a nominee who doesn't have multiple credible accusations of pedophilia, will doom him. Plus the runoff will be March 31, rather than August or September, so Tuberville or Sessions will have time to recover for the general.

Doug Jones is a sensible moderate Democrat. I get that this is Alabama, but I'm not convinced that his chances are nil.

Trump owed Sessions his endorsement,  Tuberville is a jerk.

That is a falsehood, do not promulgate disinformation.

He's liberal for Alabama.

And he's a moderating force in the Senate Democratic caucus.

He's really not that much practically better than Bernie Sanders.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1664 on: March 17, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2020, 11:20:50 PM by Virginiá »

Hillary would be President. There’s no way she would have lost to someone like Cruz, Jeb or Rubio. Maybe Kasich but he wouldn’t win the primary anyway.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1665 on: March 27, 2020, 09:43:29 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2020, 11:20:55 PM by Virginiá »

Yeah I know this is pretty low hanging fruit but...

She is biracial and so is Barack, she will get Latinos to come out like Obama did
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1666 on: March 27, 2020, 10:11:30 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2020, 11:20:59 PM by Virginiá »

Alright next person who posts OC in here automatically gets thread renamed after them.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1667 on: March 30, 2020, 10:59:30 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2020, 11:21:04 PM by Virginiá »

And it is appalling to see that SOME democrats are actually wishing for the economy to crash just to stymie Trump's reelection. Disgusting.

I don’t care what it takes, Trump has got to go. I want another 2008 recession. My job is recession-proof, it’s not going to affect me. I also want another subprime mortgage crisis to bring down home prices because I want to buy a place as soon as the lease is up. I’m a proud functionalist.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1668 on: March 31, 2020, 07:55:29 AM »

The conservatives and libertarians on this board will chalk this up to "duh, the free market, the constitution" and say that this company is well with in their rights.
did you not read the thread before posting this?....'cause it kind of looks stupid to people that did

You didn't actually say you disagreed, you made a comment about bad PR. But whatever.

For context...
that's too cartoonishly evil to be real....right....RIGHT?  uggg, well at least the PR hit they'll take from this will be huge.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1669 on: March 31, 2020, 08:31:03 AM »

Church is a more essential service than a grocery store. He should fight this to the death

This is too moderate of a statement. Church is more essential than hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. No human being has ever survived without going to Church
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1670 on: March 31, 2020, 01:05:35 PM »

And it is appalling to see that SOME democrats are actually wishing for the economy to crash just to stymie Trump's reelection. Disgusting.

I don’t care what it takes, Trump has got to go. I want another 2008 recession. My job is recession-proof, it’s not going to affect me. I also want another subprime mortgage crisis to bring down home prices because I want to buy a place as soon as the lease is up. I’m a proud functionalist.
Scott just won this thread by posting that one. That post is a real doozy!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1671 on: March 31, 2020, 01:27:28 PM »

Scott just won this thread by posting that one. That post is a real doozy!

Wolverine22 is an odd duck, isn't he? He consistently has some of the most horrifying takes of any red avatar on this site, then he walks them back and profusely apologizes, then weeks or even days later he comes out with something even worse.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1672 on: April 02, 2020, 03:06:22 AM »

Church is a more essential service than a grocery store. He should fight this to the death
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1673 on: April 07, 2020, 03:51:02 PM »

God no, he posts incoherent nonsense, an actually good candidate for mod would be Wulfric or Solid4096. This weird fetish for olawakandi is annoying, I don't know if it's some type of meme or inside joke, but it needs to stop. Olawakandi is at an average user, and honestly he's in the bottom 50% of forum users.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1674 on: April 07, 2020, 06:46:28 PM »

The WI GOP is ruthless as the WI Democratic Party.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies