The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:53:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74
Author Topic: The BlueSwan Basement of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VIII  (Read 168343 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1800 on: June 05, 2020, 03:50:27 AM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1801 on: June 05, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »

CA, MD, NC.

VA probably not. Not impossible though.

CA trending R? Has SN heard of Orange or San Diego Counties. Also places like LA/SF surely won't trend R.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1802 on: June 05, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »
« Edited: June 05, 2020, 10:12:47 PM by Marxist-Cornpopist Thought »

I would 100% cosign MacArthurs post. Nothing absurd about it whatsoever.
The suggestion that the only solution to police brutality is to vote to re-elect the same Democratic mayors who have proven themselves at best feckless and at worst actively complicit in the brutal treatment of protesters is... questionable.

Or the same Democratic DAs who let these corrupt pigs off the hook. Or the "Democrats" who endorse the Republican DA candidates for being "tough on crime".

Or the people who unironically lift one of those Democratic mayors up as the future of the party. With all this happening, I'd probably be on your side of the #BernieOrBust debate if he won.

His post is focusing I believe mostly on the necessity of removing Trump from the White House and neutering Republican power at the federal level. Don't forget the how the Minneapolis Police Union cheap spoke at a trump rally a couple years ago extolling how he got the holder / Lynch regime at the Attorney General's office off their backs and unhandcuffed the cops. You can draw a direct line to that level of laser Fair Pro police brutality supervision at the federal level to Trump being president.

Frankly, find me a single Republican in the country who replacing a Democratic mayor with would improve the situation of police brutality in any community in this country. The fact that there are bona fide better choices how to make in primary elections to get rid of ineffectual suck-ups like de Blasio - - God, what a disappointment - - doesn't make his post wrong in the slightest.

Can we please not ignore how conservatives and Republicans with all too rare exception have stood by the " well, what happened to George Floyd was bad, but LAW AND ORDER AGAINST ANTIFA" tack cracking down on protesters?

No, his point that voting green or some other third party Canada, I'm not voting at all to get Trump out of office because your butt sore over some crime Bill he voted for in the f****** 90s makes you pretty goddamn useless in doing anything worth a damn about the issue police brutality Beyond useless virtue signaling.

For the federal level, I would agree. I actually trust Biden to handle police brutality. If he wins, he'll pick an AG who will hold bad cops accountable. I'm not concerned with his stances from when I was a baby. I'm concerned with what he'll do for me now. There's a difference between "he wrote a bad bill 25 years ago" and "we didn't care about police brutality until we started running for president".

At the local level, I can't unsee what I've seen. Police unions have the power, sure, but if there's massive rot, maybe it's best if we fire them too. In fact, one of the "random examples" MacArthur accused me of cherry-picking disproves his point - some of the Democratic local officials in Sacramento endorsed the Republican who let Stephon Clark's murderers off the hook anyway! There needs to be a massive shift at the local level away from tough-on-crime politics and into holding accountabilities.

The de Blasios and Garcettis of the world should be shunned, not embraced! We don't need a cuck and a terrorist as our mayors, we need strong progressives with a backbone to stand up and fight to hold police accountable. My friend said it best. If 90% of surgeons and pilots were incompetent, they'd be fired.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1803 on: June 06, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »

CA, MD, NC.

VA probably not. Not impossible though.

CA trending R? Has SN heard of Orange or San Diego Counties. Also places like LA/SF surely won't trend R.

California returning to its historical purpleness isn't that far fetched. It won't happen this year, but within my lifetime it was a lean R state instead of its current solid D. It becoming only lean D by 2040 could well happen depending on what happens to the Republicans once they start recovering from the Trumpvirus that's afflicted them the past few years.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1804 on: June 07, 2020, 02:15:24 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2020, 04:35:52 PM by ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD »

People: Maybe we shouldn't embrace the #KHive when one of its most vocal voices wishes COVID on Warren.

Confused normies: This controversy is dumb and doesn't matter.

Landslide Lyndon and some other guy: WHAT ABOUT THE BERNIE BROS?!?!?!?!? AT LEAST WE AREN'T AS TOXIC AS THEM!

It's really pathetic when I'm coming up with better defenses of Kamala than her own supporters are. I tend to sympathize with the normies, but these threads really show the hypocrisy of the anti-Bernie cabal.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1805 on: June 07, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »

Once the Democrats split off from the USA to form their own republic, then it is unlikely any existing military or police forces will go over the border to this new country.

Problem solved.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1806 on: June 08, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »

A dumb incremental step, banning violent video games is a better idea, but we will only end gun violence by banning assault weapons, rifles, shotguns, handguns and instituting mandatory buybacks for guns. I think our generation can end gun violence, but we need bold ideas and we cannot be frightened by antiquated concepts such as the Second Amendment. The single biggest step that can be taken to end gun violence is the passing of an amendment that would nullify the Second Amendment.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1807 on: June 09, 2020, 03:43:28 AM »

His post is focusing I believe mostly on the necessity of removing Trump from the White House and neutering Republican power at the federal level. Don't forget the how the Minneapolis Police Union cheap spoke at a trump rally a couple years ago extolling how he got the holder / Lynch regime at the Attorney General's office off their backs and unhandcuffed the cops. You can draw a direct line to that level of laser Fair Pro police brutality supervision at the federal level to Trump being president.

Frankly, find me a single Republican in the country who replacing a Democratic mayor with would improve the situation of police brutality in any community in this country. The fact that there are bona fide better choices how to make in primary elections to get rid of ineffectual suck-ups like de Blasio - - God, what a disappointment - - doesn't make his post wrong in the slightest.
Don't put words in his mouth — he said that you should vote "straight Democrat all the way down your ballot." He explicitly said he did not mean just voting for Biden or for federal Democrats.

See my second paragraph.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1808 on: June 10, 2020, 01:03:39 AM »

It's pretty amazing that so many here can not seem to grasp the difference between this show and shows like Law and Order: SVU, NCIS and Blue Bloods and why those shows are not at risk.

My opinion is that there is no difference. If it has cops, it shouldn't be shown on TV in this climate period, and I hope network executives realize that.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1809 on: June 10, 2020, 01:07:35 PM »

It's never been a better time to be an African American. The music, the movies, pop culture, a two-term popular vote elected black President, the (until the virus) lowest unemployment for African Americans in history. More acceptance of black issues, black culture, interracial dating and marriages higher than ever.

I don't believe racism is an issue. I think everyone is doing great.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1810 on: June 10, 2020, 04:57:45 PM »

Let me know if this makes sense.

Latest update: Alaska

This is a 2020 prediction, for context, and it's so bad that it deserves to be here
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1811 on: June 10, 2020, 06:41:41 PM »

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1812 on: June 11, 2020, 12:36:37 PM »

Good. Law and Order SVU, Blue Bloods and NCIS need to go next.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1813 on: June 13, 2020, 09:09:55 PM »

Hillary Clinton won Washington by 521k votes. 502k of that margin came from King County. If CHAZ bans voting and takes over the entire city limits of King County, there is a real possibility Washington could be a swing state this fall. You heard it from bronz first.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1814 on: June 13, 2020, 09:11:11 PM »

Hillary Clinton won Washington by 521k votes. 502k of that margin came from King County. If CHAZ bans voting and takes over the entire city limits of King County, there is a real possibility Washington could be a swing state this fall. You heard it from bronz first.

Was the bronz font style not enough to realize I was feeding a troll? Should I have dropped four random links below my text with links to nothing? I'll adjust my post.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1815 on: June 13, 2020, 09:58:20 PM »

Sanders is a much stronger candidate than Biden. He does not have the dementia perception and his policies are basically the solution to everything happening

Imagine seriously believing the "Biden has dementia" talking point parroted by GOP strategists.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1816 on: June 14, 2020, 02:26:54 AM »

Was the bronz font style not enough to realize I was feeding a troll? Should I have dropped four random links below my text with links to nothing? I'll adjust my post.

To be honest it's getting harder to tell sarcasm on the forum given how utterly absurd some of the serious posts are.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1817 on: June 20, 2020, 10:54:54 AM »

Jim, in all of these threads, you’ve never expressed any sadness or regret about the person dying. Not any sense of grief or feeling that the loss of life should be mourned.

Do you have any sadness or regret about the loss of a life?
Were you sad when Charles Manson died? What were your regrets?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1818 on: June 22, 2020, 04:47:41 AM »

Colonialism isn’t inherently wrong, it’s how you treat the colonies and the Natives that matters.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1819 on: June 22, 2020, 08:04:44 AM »

I do not care that Covid-19 is spreading rapidly.

We. Must. Keep. The. Economy. Open.  At. Any. Cost.

The last lockdown resulted in no coherent plan to reopen the economy.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1820 on: June 22, 2020, 09:36:16 AM »

I do not care that Covid-19 is spreading rapidly.

We. Must. Keep. The. Economy. Open.  At. Any. Cost.

The last lockdown resulted in no coherent plan to reopen the economy.

Yea I did not exactly articulate myself well here.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1821 on: June 23, 2020, 03:50:14 PM »

HP, supported big government spending and tariffs. South Carolina stood true and proud against him -- would that North Carolina had too.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1822 on: June 25, 2020, 05:39:18 AM »

We may need a new title for this thread.

This campaign is already more competent than either Trump’s now or Hillary’s in 2016.
That's why Biden is sitting in his basement all day.

Hahaha
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1823 on: June 25, 2020, 10:48:11 PM »
« Edited: June 26, 2020, 12:59:55 AM by TJ in Oregon »

Time for a thread rename!
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1824 on: June 25, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »

Sadly the post has to be deleted from this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies