Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:25:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37
Author Topic: Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!  (Read 82344 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: August 11, 2018, 08:01:06 PM »

Kelly needs to encourage Orman to drop out and be a running mate on a unity ticket of sorts.

Seriously, if I was Orman I'd jump at the opportunity. This is by far the best chance he has for statewide office.
He's a moderate independent rich guy. He is absolutely full of himself.

I am reminded of the constant humility shown by ACO and Bernie Sanders.
Those two are not that full of themselves. Helping other candidates and campaigning doesnt make you full of themselves. Running an indie campaign in a state where your aligned party would win, such as Indie Con Trillo in RI, or Orman in KS, is being full of yourself.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #576 on: August 11, 2018, 10:13:34 PM »

Kelly needs to encourage Orman to drop out and be a running mate on a unity ticket of sorts.

Seriously, if I was Orman I'd jump at the opportunity. This is by far the best chance he has for statewide office.

Those two are not that full of themselves. Helping other candidates and campaigning doesnt make you full of themselves. Running an indie campaign in a state where your aligned party would win, such as Indie Con Trillo in RI, or Orman in KS, is being full of yourself.

IMHO - they are. Imagine himself as Kingmakers, and trying to play this role, is (especially in case of AOC, who is nobody yet) exactly that.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #577 on: August 11, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2018, 10:29:13 PM by Zaybay »

IMHO - they are. Imagine himself as Kingmakers, and trying to play this role, is (especially in case of AOC, who is nobody yet) exactly that.
Kingmaker? Of what? Who have they played kingmaker for? All Ive seen them do is campaign and endorse candidates, which is what Harris, Biden, Booker, and Gillibrand have done.

Name one race that they played kingmaker for.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #578 on: August 12, 2018, 01:20:50 AM »

Kingmaker? Of what? Who have they played kingmaker for? All Ive seen them do is campaign and endorse candidates, which is what Harris, Biden, Booker, and Gillibrand have done.

They behave identically with Harris, Biden and so on. I understand that in Sanders case, But repeat - AOC is a nobody (future congresswoman from 1 of 435 districts), and behaves identically. As if HER personal support matters something...
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #579 on: August 12, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »

They behave identically with Harris, Biden and so on. I understand that in Sanders case, But repeat - AOC is a nobody (future congresswoman from 1 of 435 districts), and behaves identically. As if HER personal support matters something...
I would like to remind you that Seth Moulton, Tim Ryan, and Joe Kennedy have done the same thing. If people want her endorsement, then she is allowed to endorse, nothing wrong with that.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #580 on: August 12, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »

I would like to remind you that Seth Moulton, Tim Ryan, and Joe Kennedy have done the same thing. If people want her endorsement, then she is allowed to endorse, nothing wrong with that.

Engaging with Smoltchanov is never worth it, man. It's just not.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #581 on: August 12, 2018, 10:46:57 AM »

Quit hijacking my state’s thread. We don’t get attention that often so I’d like for this to stay focused on what’s actually happening in Kansas.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #582 on: August 12, 2018, 11:11:37 AM »

Do you suffer from AOC Derangement Syndrome?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #583 on: August 12, 2018, 11:28:59 AM »

Quit hijacking my state’s thread. We don’t get attention that often so I’d like for this to stay focused on what’s actually happening in Kansas.

^ yeah, I'm actually quite interested in the recount lol.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #584 on: August 12, 2018, 11:33:51 AM »

You could report their posts for derailing the thread.  The mods on this board are pretty good about handling that when it happens.  (I have smoltchanov on ignore so I'm not seeing a lot of it.  This is a good idea too.)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #585 on: August 12, 2018, 11:45:30 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2018, 08:40:43 AM by Virginiá »

Of course she is allowed. But, as i said, she is not Joseph Biden, Bernie Sanders or even Seth Mouton now...

Do you suffer from AOC Derangement Syndrome?

No, i simply strongly dislike her. But i agree with what's said above - let's return to Kansas, and it's politics...
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #586 on: August 12, 2018, 11:53:14 AM »

This is chaos that will help flip the state to the Dems in November.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2018, 07:39:06 PM »

This isn’t pure speculation at this point, but I saw a former KS GOP official say that a majority of provisional ballots are people who thought there were registered GOP but were listed unaffiliated when they showed up. These votes are usually counted and then registered as GOP. I would imagine these voters would lean towards Colyer pretty heavily since they’re more likely to be moderate, and thus this is why a lot in the Colyer camp are confident they’ll take the lead back on Monday.

Watch Kobach argue they shouldn’t be counted.

I guarantee that he will.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #588 on: August 13, 2018, 08:10:04 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #589 on: August 13, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »

Court challenge in 3...2...1...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #590 on: August 13, 2018, 08:24:54 AM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #591 on: August 13, 2018, 08:28:06 AM »

Guys, anyone expected something different from Kobach appointee?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #592 on: August 13, 2018, 09:19:48 AM »

^ yeah, I'm actually quite interested in the recount lol.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #593 on: August 13, 2018, 09:22:34 AM »

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #594 on: August 13, 2018, 09:28:53 AM »

Yeah, Colyer's legal counsel has already issued a statement saying they disagree with this. Obviously politics are at play - everyone knows that Colyer would benefit if the votes ARE counted, Kobach if they are NOT.

Just to give everyone an idea on how close this race is, if JoCo's provisional ballots break as the county has votes, the margin would narrow to 39 votes statewide.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #595 on: August 13, 2018, 09:39:25 AM »

[

Just to give everyone an idea on how close this race is, if JoCo's provisional ballots break as the county has votes, the margin would narrow to 39 votes statewide.

Well, if Sedgewick's did the same, then Kobach's lead would grow and Sedgewick actually has more provisionals, despite being a smaller county.

RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #596 on: August 13, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »

DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #597 on: August 13, 2018, 10:07:59 AM »

Just for reference JoCo started with 1821 provisionals so they'll be counting 64.5% of the provisionals

Sedgwick is starting with 1900 provisionals
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #598 on: August 13, 2018, 10:12:16 AM »

^ IIUC - reasons why provisionals must be "more liberal", then ED voting apply to Sedgwick to? No?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #599 on: August 13, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »

^ IIUC - reasons why provisionals must be "more liberal", then ED voting apply to Sedgwick to? No?

They may be more Dem than election day, but how they break within the Rs is an open question. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies