Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 09:36:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37
Author Topic: Kansas Megathread: Kobach and Kelly and Orman, Oh My!  (Read 82530 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »

Looks like Colyer is busing in illegals to gin up the vote margin but in the end he is finished. My prayers have been answered....Kobach was be the nominee

I preserve your statemens. What will you say, when Kobach will become a Governor?)))). IIRC - almost every liberal thought in 2014, that Brownback will be finished, and he wasn't.

I will say: ''Democracy has done its part and the intelligent voters of Kansas have made their choice...and their choice is Kobach''
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #551 on: August 10, 2018, 11:16:33 PM »

Looks like Colyer is busing in illegals to gin up the vote margin but in the end he is finished. My prayers have been answered....Kobach was be the nominee

I preserve your statemens. What will you say, when Kobach will become a Governor?)))). IIRC - almost every liberal thought in 2014, that Brownback will be finished, and he wasn't.

I will say: ''Democracy has done its part and the intelligent voters of Kansas have made their choice...and their choice is Kobach''

With "intelligent" used as a snark.. How predictable. I frequently canth a thought, that i can write most of the posts of solid liberals and solid conservatives for them - so predictable they are...
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #552 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:18 PM »

With "intelligent" used as a snark.. How predictable. I frequently canth a thought, that i can write most of the posts of solid liberals and solid conservatives for them - so predictable they are...

No snark at all. Kobach put his entire political career in the open and the residents of his state chose him. That is something we must respect of the KS Republican electorate.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #553 on: August 10, 2018, 11:20:19 PM »

No snark at all. Kobach put his entire political career in the open and the residents of his state chose him. That is something we must respect of the KS Republican electorate.

We will see after election. I will preserve this statement too))))
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #554 on: August 10, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »

no need to preserve...Kobach will lose and go back to restocking canned soup in K-Mart like he was before the moron GOP chose him to be SoS
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #555 on: August 10, 2018, 11:23:55 PM »

no need to preserve...Kobach will lose and go back to restocking canned soup in K-Mart like he was before the moron GOP chose him to be SoS

Again - we will see. I don't make predictions almost 90 days before election. Maximum - 30
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #556 on: August 10, 2018, 11:28:28 PM »

So Kobach won by 110 votes?
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #557 on: August 10, 2018, 11:30:32 PM »

Leads for now. Final results - probably next week.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #558 on: August 10, 2018, 11:31:14 PM »

Again - we will see. I don't make predictions almost 90 days before election. Maximum - 30

Many elitist republicans think they know more than their own voting base...thats why KS GOP voters chose Kobach. Colyer was haranguing them about ''book learning'' and the Earth being more than 6,000 years old but Kobach reminded them of where they come from. He reminded them that the GOP is the party of Trump and not the party of big brain smart guys who make outrageous claims like 2+2 equals 4.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #559 on: August 11, 2018, 03:33:02 AM »

Be careful what you wish for. Hillary also wanted to run against Trump and we know how this turned out. I'm rooting for Colyer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #560 on: August 11, 2018, 04:28:51 AM »

I suppose Colyer could win remaining ballots by 3% (though he doesn't seem to have gained much so far), and a recount could change a result this close, but I'd definitely rather be Kobach in this case (don't take this sentence out of context, lol)

We shall see. I am somewhat surprised by how substantially more conservative this year Republican primary vote is compared with only 2 years ago... Brownback's "iron fist rule" seems almost forgotten...

You're really surprised? Americans forget everything that happens within a week.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #561 on: August 11, 2018, 04:37:40 AM »

I suppose Colyer could win remaining ballots by 3% (though he doesn't seem to have gained much so far), and a recount could change a result this close, but I'd definitely rather be Kobach in this case (don't take this sentence out of context, lol)

We shall see. I am somewhat surprised by how substantially more conservative this year Republican primary vote is compared with only 2 years ago... Brownback's "iron fist rule" seems almost forgotten...

You're really surprised? Americans forget everything that happens within a week.

Not really. But i am very different type of person: remember almost everything for many many years. And hardly forgiving - two my best cases of friendship ended about 10 years ago, and i have no desire even to know the fate of former friends. If i am offended - that's for long... And i still remember details of exams i passed in Moscow state university 35-40 years ago)))) So, it's always difficult to me to understand - how people can have so short memory
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #562 on: August 11, 2018, 04:39:01 AM »

Be careful what you wish for. Hillary also wanted to run against Trump and we know how this turned out. I'm rooting for Colyer.

+100. November 6th in Kansas will, propably, be anything, but boring)))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #563 on: August 11, 2018, 08:32:58 AM »
« Edited: August 11, 2018, 09:25:13 AM by smoltchanov »

At risk of ad nauseum, let me repeat this for the 500th time: voters deserve who they vote for

That doesn't mean, that i can't feel sorrow about these voters, and wish, that they would still avoid terrible fate....
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #564 on: August 11, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »

Kelly needs to encourage Orman to drop out and be a running mate on a unity ticket of sorts.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #565 on: August 11, 2018, 11:18:51 AM »

Kelly needs to encourage Orman to drop out and be a running mate on a unity ticket of sorts.

It won't be easy. Orman may think that it's Kelly, who must drop out....
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #566 on: August 11, 2018, 11:30:49 AM »

Seriously, if I was Orman I'd jump at the opportunity. This is by far the best chance he has for statewide office.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #567 on: August 11, 2018, 12:26:18 PM »

Orman is far too full of himself for that.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #568 on: August 11, 2018, 12:59:57 PM »

Seriously, if I was Orman I'd jump at the opportunity. This is by far the best chance he has for statewide office.
He's a moderate independent rich guy. He is absolutely full of himself.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #569 on: August 11, 2018, 03:01:24 PM »

Just promise him, like, Trade Rep or something the next time a Democrat is President. He’d take that, right?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #570 on: August 11, 2018, 05:14:22 PM »

This isn’t pure speculation at this point, but I saw a former KS GOP official say that a majority of provisional ballots are people who thought there were registered GOP but were listed unaffiliated when they showed up. These votes are usually counted and then registered as GOP. I would imagine these voters would lean towards Colyer pretty heavily since they’re more likely to be moderate, and thus this is why a lot in the Colyer camp are confident they’ll take the lead back on Monday.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2018, 05:19:54 PM »

This isn’t pure speculation at this point, but I saw a former KS GOP official say that a majority of provisional ballots are people who thought there were registered GOP but were listed unaffiliated when they showed up. These votes are usually counted and then registered as GOP. I would imagine these voters would lean towards Colyer pretty heavily since they’re more likely to be moderate, and thus this is why a lot in the Colyer camp are confident they’ll take the lead back on Monday.

Watch Kobach argue they shouldn’t be counted.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #572 on: August 11, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »

Watch Kobach argue they shouldn’t be counted.
I’m already seeing that from his supporters.

Kansas law requires unaffiliated to declare with a party on primary day in order to vote. Then the voter would have to switch back to unaffiliated. Apparently poll workers will just give people a provisional ballot instead of having them fill out a change of party form. In the past those votes will still count, so I’m expecting they’ll count again this year, but if it changes the outcome, expect Kobach to sue.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #573 on: August 11, 2018, 05:36:02 PM »

He's a moderate independent rich guy. He is absolutely full of himself.

I am reminded of the constant humility shown by ACO and Bernie Sanders.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #574 on: August 11, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »

This race will not be decided by the undemocratic Electoral College.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies