AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:30:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31
Poll
Question: Could Martha McSally become the establishment candidate?
Yes

No

Maybe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: AZ-SEN Class 1: Kelli or not-Kelli?  (Read 66054 times)
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: October 24, 2017, 04:13:19 PM »

That's not the same thing, though. Donald Trump the man and Trumpism the ideology are separate entities, and I would argue we've yet to see Trumpism without Trump actually tested in an electoral context.

Roy Moore isn't Trumpist. Trump was never tied to the evangelical movement, and indeed won by making large gains among non-religious whites. Moore's been his own thing for a long, long time.

What I mean by "Trumpist" is someone who is anti-Establishment and pro-Trump.

Trump made a huge mistake endorsing Strange over a Trumpian candidate. People WANT Trumpism.

I think it's best not to underestimate Trump or Trumpers, because they end up proving a lot of people wrong. For example do Corker or Flake drop out if Clinton won in 2016?
ahugecat

« Reply #526 on: October 24, 2017, 04:15:43 PM »

As much as I hate to agree, you're absolutely right on this. Dems seem to be unable or unwilling to learn that their wishful thinking is not always going to manifest into reality. Dems were crushed by 2014, crushed by 2016, crushed by the loss of Ossoff and Quist, and will be crushed again by the loss of Jones if they don't stop kidding themselves.

With that said, you're being just as bad. Trump is not an invincible titan. He lost the popular vote by a significant margin and only won the three decisive states by <1%. He is definitely beatable in 2020.

Trump ran a god awful campaign though.

He didn't spend any money because a) he's a tightwad and b) he wasn't sure he was going to win. Now that he knows he can win then perhaps he will put more money/effort into not only 2020 but 2018 as well.

He only spent $5 per vote in 2016, so if he doubles that then there knows no bounds.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #527 on: October 24, 2017, 04:16:39 PM »

Shut up, ahugecat.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #528 on: October 24, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »

Guys, do you actually think debating with a user named "60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED" is going to yield any success or insight? I mean, and believe it or not but I say this with no malice intended, but ahugecat is exceedingly arrogant and stubborn in his opinions. There is literally nothing to be gained by arguing with him except if you wish to see more than one version of his argument.

and ahugecat please keep in mind that these are open discussion threads for everyone and not just one or two users to monopolize conversation and/or derail the thread entirely.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #529 on: October 24, 2017, 04:20:23 PM »

Guys, do you actually think debating with a user named "60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED" is going to yield any success or insight? I mean, and believe it or not but I say this with no malice intended, but ahugecat is exceedingly arrogant and stubborn in his opinions. There is literally nothing to be gained by arguing with him except if you wish to see more than one version of his argument.

and ahugecat please keep in mind that these are open discussion threads for everyone and not just one or two users to monopolize conversation and/or derail the thread entirely.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry everyone
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #530 on: October 24, 2017, 04:21:08 PM »

What can I say, pissing him off is super-funny.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #531 on: October 24, 2017, 04:22:07 PM »

Guys, do you actually think debating with a user named "60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED" is going to yield any success or insight? [...] There is literally nothing to be gained by arguing with him except if you wish to see more than one version of his argument.

these are open discussion threads for everyone and not just one or two users to monopolize conversation

Lean D tbh, depends on how much the SLF decides to support Ward
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2017, 04:22:38 PM »

ahugecat is filling the role EnglishPete and Seriously? have left behind. He is a righteous Christian warrior fighting against the tyranny of the left.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #533 on: October 24, 2017, 04:26:07 PM »

ahugecat is filling the role EnglishPete and Seriously? have left behind. He is a righteous Christian warrior fighting against the tyranny of the left.

lol, I forgot about Seriously? Whatever happened to him?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2017, 04:29:37 PM »

It's more enjoyable for everyone when it's people like you doing it tho

Well the thing about Santander is he usually just drops a sly comment or two and that's it. Judging by the speed of some his responses, I think ahugecat actually refreshes the page over and over again to pounce on the next post/response.

If he wants to vigorously debate one or more users, he should create his own thread for that. Hijacking someone else's thread or a community megathread is unacceptable, and that applies to any user who feels the need to flood a thread or otherwise agitate everyone participating in it.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2017, 04:33:25 PM »

I think (but I'm not certain) he got permabanned.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2017, 04:35:23 PM »

I think (but I'm not certain) he got permabanned.

No, he just got frustrated and went off to FreeRepublic.
ahugecat

« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2017, 04:36:21 PM »

Don't you think Trump supporters deserve to be a little arrogant after having to deal with the other side's arrogance from June 16th-November 9th? This thread is like a November 7th general election thread. People criticize the Trump supporter and s/he ends up being right. In all fairness I am keeping the conversation about the 2018 Arizona Senate race - I am VERY excited and happy Flake is done. A huge victory (no Trump I am not tired of winning) for Trump.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2017, 05:05:58 PM »

^^^For real tho, do it for us, Santander.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #539 on: October 24, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »

No it gets my d*** hard to hear people from Kentucky not be republican hacks
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #540 on: October 24, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »

You hear that Santander? He's coming for your booty unless you go into hack mode.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #541 on: October 24, 2017, 05:24:36 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2017, 05:35:10 PM by Old Liner »

You hear that Santander? He's coming for your booty unless you go into hack mode.
Santander should just rename himself DINO San if he goes all out hack.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #542 on: October 24, 2017, 06:03:37 PM »

Ben Quayle or Jan Brewer is probably the best Tea Partier that could run. Martha McSally, Jim Waring, Scott Smith, and Robert Graham would be good moderate candidates.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #543 on: October 24, 2017, 06:05:11 PM »

Martha McSally is not a moderate. Her whole outburst about getting Trumpcare passed killed that false notion. Jan Brewer is too old to run and Ben Quayle is not well liked.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #544 on: October 24, 2017, 06:09:11 PM »

Martha McSally is not a moderate. Her whole outburst about getting Trumpcare passed killed that false notion. Jan Brewer is too old to run and Ben Quayle is not well liked.

So basically you're saying the GOP's chances at keeping this seat are gone?
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #545 on: October 24, 2017, 06:09:40 PM »

lol
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #546 on: October 24, 2017, 06:13:16 PM »

Not completely gone, but they haven't gotten any better.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #547 on: October 24, 2017, 06:15:43 PM »

To put aside the Sinema wank, who do yall think will emerge to challenge Ward?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #548 on: October 24, 2017, 06:31:07 PM »

To put aside the Sinema wank, who do yall think will emerge to challenge Ward?

I don't think anyone strong. I can see anyone worth naming waiting for McCain's seat.
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #549 on: October 24, 2017, 06:38:02 PM »

WOW WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT

I check this forum 3 times a day to see if it has any new post as I love discussing local politics. The ONE DAY I was flying home from Florida when news broke, landed, phone died, when I recharged it and read my can notification I screamed because I needed more information asap.

I hope I don't kill the thread for the night as I usually do

but my input is I GUARANTEE Mcsally makes an announcement within the next 48 hours. She's the only one with the fundraising numbers.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies