The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:55:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)  (Read 30607 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2016, 03:40:40 PM »

How about all powers, in interest of peace, agree on simultaneous ceasefire in the Balkans and in the Iberian Peninsula and hold a peace conference?
So you're saying you would be willing to cease fire completely???

Would you? Because neither Ottoman nor German Empires will accept diplomatic double standardsw.
I'm asking you the question first!

We are willing, if it goes both ways.
I truly didnt know that the Ottoman Empire is taking decisions based on what France does, I'm flattered!
My answer is yes, I will accept a ceasefire after communism is destroyed and plans to quit Spain intact.

Well. with this kind of approach we might said "we will accept a ceasefire after Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia are destroyed", but we'll stick to our original proposal.

Still, we would like to dispatch an envoy to Paris to see whether we can agree on something.

(OOC: we're a bunch of bloody hypocrites, aren't we Cheesy)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »

How about all powers, in interest of peace, agree on simultaneous ceasefire in the Balkans and in the Iberian Peninsula and hold a peace conference?

Would you? Because neither Ottoman nor German Empires will accept diplomatic double standardsw.

I truly didnt know that the Ottoman Empire is taking decisions based on what France does, I'm flattered!
My answer is yes, I will accept a ceasefire after communism is destroyed and plans to quit Spain intact.

Well with this kind of approach we might said "we will accept a ceasefire after Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia are destroyed", but we'll stick to our original proposal.
The difference with you is that France doesnt plan to annex Spain. This is a war against communism not against Spain.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »

Seven hours left!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2016, 03:44:50 PM »

Well with this kind of approach we might said "we will accept a ceasefire after Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia are destroyed", but we'll stick to our original proposal.
The difference with you is that France doesnt plan to annex Spain. This is a war against communism not against Spain.

The Ottoman Empire doesn't plan to annex Bulgaria, but to prevent any future terrorist attacks inspired by Sofia.

Still, sending your troops to kill Spanish people is not necessarily war "not against Spain".
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2016, 04:10:18 PM »

The Holy and Righteous Government of Italy and the Vatican would like to reiterate its firm belief that there can be no peace in the world unless the great evil of Communism has been removed from globe. We cannot accept any sort of talks that would involve a deviation from this divine path. We will not enter peace talks with Communists, atheists, and blasphemers.

Italian bayonets thirst for secularist blood and the white,elephantine hills of Galicia will continue to run red with the blood of radicals until the sons of Spanish soil have forsaken Communism and returned to the light of God's path.

DEUS VULT.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2016, 04:13:42 PM »

Oh well, we tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Unfortunately, stubborn Giaours in Rome were of dissending opinion.

In this case, we must declare that no peace can be made with Bulgaria until the threat is neutralized. We will not accept double standards in relations between the powers. But we confirm our, jointly with Germany, offer of immediate cessation of hostilities with Greece and Serbia.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2016, 04:24:02 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2016, 04:26:10 PM by Southern Gothic »

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY THE HOLY FATHER, POPE PIUS XI
(Translated from the original Latin)

"Brothers and sisters of Christendom, I will say now what many before me have said many times. I will say now the words that will forever seal the fate of Catholicism and faith in Christ. I will say now the words that will mark a turning point in history, now and forever. Gone are the days when the Church sat a top the hills of Rome, far and distant from the matters of the physical world. A new day is dawning in Christendom. A new day, which will see an active and proactive Church.

We have allowed ourselves to decay. To be swayed by the degeneracy and the decadence of sin and secularism. In the West, atheists and Communists spilling Christian blood in the name of blaspheme and sin! To the East, the Mongoloid Saracens eye the Balkans with a greedy eye and cackle at Christian misfortune. Christ will be our shield against our enemies, but brothers and sisters, I will be your sword. I swear to you now, that the Church will now longer sit still in the Vatican. I swear to you that I will lash out against justice and against sin. I swear it, and the Holy God, our father will bind me to this oath to you.

I would like to take a moment to lambaste the pseudo-Catholics in Germany, who claim devotion to the Lord, but act against his wishes. Any Catholic living within a secular or degenerate nation has a right and responsibility to rise up against their wicked rulers in the name of Jesus Christ. In Spain, the native Catholics must do all they can to ensure that the name of Christ and the sanctity of the Church is respected and proudly advanced.

May the heathens of the world tremble in effete fear as they witness the power of a fully armed and operational Catholic army. Once more, the name of Christ will be respected and hallowed. Once more, a great flood will wipe sin from the world. And once more, the Church will guide Christendom. And, we shall have peace. Amen.

DEUS VULT."

The Italian Army has gone on the full offensive in accordance with the French military in Spain. In addition, the Italian navy will step up patrols of our territorial waters.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #232 on: July 08, 2016, 04:28:15 PM »

Let the world remember that Bulgarians are ethnically Turkic people, who were unnaturally slavicized and Christianized. For too long were their used by certain powers as a weapon against their cousins, but we shall not stand for it anymore.

Let the world remember the Ottoman Empire reached a hand with an offer for peace in Europe, not just the Balkans, but our hand was bitten by so-called men wearing skirts. No, we're not refeering to brave Scots, if there's any doubt.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #233 on: July 08, 2016, 04:29:46 PM »

(OOC)

Men wearing skirts you say? Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #234 on: July 08, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »

There are no janissaries anymore. RIP FF.

(OOC)
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #235 on: July 08, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »

There are no janissaries anymore. RIP FF.

(OOC)

(OOC)

You try any of that Devshirme crap, I'll smack you so hard your turban will spin.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2016, 09:28:46 PM »

Amusing as it is, gentlemen, talk about skirts goes in the other thread, xD

An hour and a half and I close the turn, and get to calculating.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2016, 10:52:41 PM »

Amusing as it is, gentlemen, talk about skirts goes in the other thread, xD

An hour and a half and I close the turn, and get to calculating.

Almost done! Just need a couple more minutes to finish up some 'regioning'
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #238 on: July 08, 2016, 11:30:57 PM »

The Empire of China

The Economy

• Continue the trade route around British territory towards the Ottoman people.
  • Focus on rapid industrialization especially in mining
  • Continue a migration of rural workers to coal mining and urban factory jobs.
  • Continue Public Works programs and assist ailing rural communities building adequate drinking wells, schools, and supporting local markets.
  • Continue trade missions to Tokyo and other East Asian Nations
  • Inquire on status of East Asian Trade Alliance
  • Continue standardized fixed income for all citizens at starvation level
  • Continuing public works like railroads and communication lines will be made a major priority in the Public Works programs.
  • Attempt to establish a market economy for China and her products.

Domestic

• End propaganda campaign for Japan
  • Use Secret Police and military forces in Bejing to instate a military coup on the Emperor of China and apprehend him. They will also restore order in the streets and the legislature and end the 'No Confidence' nonsense'
  • Continue the Secret Police program and use it to crack down on anti-government sentiment and create law and order.
  • Continue the Chinese Film Industry and use it to create anti-Communist ideals.
  • Establish a intelligence network inside China from city to city to alert about Communist influences inside each city.
Foreign Policy

• Continue blockade of Hong Kong leaving it isolated from the rest of our nation and the world.
  • Demand reparations from the British for the recent Opium outbreak
  • Seek a complete trade alliance and military from the Pashas in the Ottoman Empire
  • Send Chinese Diplomats to the Balkans to help stabilize the situation giving due credence to the position of the Ottomans

The Chinese Civil War

• Meet with wounded troops and make anti-British and anti-Communist speeches to the local townsfolk along the way
  • Continue bombing missions in the Hunan and Sangxi Regions
  • Send naval destroyers to invade and destroy any ports claimed by the Communists
  • Start a heavy invasion campaign for the Shaanxi, Chongquing, Guizhou, and Anhui regions to once and for all limit Communist forces to the Southeast part of our country.
  • Send multiple reserve divisions to the countrysides, and attempt to have them stabilize towns and villages contemplating Communism
  • Send 9 inf. divisions to defend Nanjing and the surrounding area
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2016, 11:45:06 PM »

Russian Civil War: June 1928

Overall:

As the snows melted and the troops of the Provisional Government massed across the Northern border, only a miracle could have spared Lev Kamenev's revolutionaries from the vengeance of their foes in St. Petersburg. That miracle was not to come. Taking full advantage of the railroad and supported by cavalry and heavy artillery, the poorly armed enemy divisions were encircled of crushed through attrition, the Government taking swift action to ensure public support for the Tsar could be rallied in form of volunteers or even deserting units from Kamenev's Red Army. By the time June went by and with the climate better than ever for an offensive, General Wrangel began bombardment previous to the siege as the blockade made itself felt in full force. Separated from its best troops, Kamenev's government went down in a counter-coup by his own Red Army officers, forcing the collapse of his regime and the surrender of Archangelsk to the Russian Army. Although several units remain fighting in what promises to be costly guerrilla operations, the revolutionary cause in Russia has suffered and utterly crushing blow, and Kerensky and the Tsar are hailed in the streets in Moscow and St. Petersburg.

War Info:

Provisional Government of Russia:

-Russian Army: 51 divisions (34 inf, 10 cav, 7 mil)
-Russian Navy: 1 BB, 3 CR, 4 DD
-Russian Airforce: 6 Fighter Wings, 2 Bombing Wings, 2 Transport Wings.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2016, 12:18:01 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2016, 02:19:35 AM by Vice President Lumine »

Chinese Civil War: June 1928

Overall:

The quagmire of the Chinese Civil War would only deepen as the middle of 1928 approached.

April could be considered one of the most eventful months of current Chinese history, as the capital of Beijing became a war zone for a few days as no less than three different coups and countercoups took place. With the vote of no-confidence pending on Premier Chiang Kai Shek, it fell to the Imperial Legislature to make the first move, convincing General Duan Qirui to place his troops to protect the legislature as the vote to depose Chiang was passed, forcing Qirui to try and capture Kuomintang officers and their loyalist cadres within the capital. The Chiang Government had planned a coup of their own as well, with Deputy Prime Minister Wang Jingwei and troops loyal to Chiang from outside the capital forcing a march on Beijing bitterly resisted by the legislature and Qirui's troops. As parliament was being bombed, the third coup took place. The Emperor, who had been planning a move of his own, stepped in with the help of Prince Chun and his own loyal forces, forcing defections from Wang Jingwei's ranks and joining forces with Parliament to cast the pro-Chiang forces out of the capital.

As May and June stepped forward and the new pro-imperial forces took control of Manchuria and the Northern provinces under a new administration, most of the formerly imperial territory remained loyal to Chiang, in no small measure due to the hold of the Kuomintang and the increaingly powerful secret police apparatus the Premier had set. Bled almost dry on their March to the Sea, the Communist movement fared badly on the spring and the beginning of the summer, suffering further defeats against the Japanese Expeditionary Force (and losing their hard fought access to the sea, cutting off a supply route) even as they continued to inch towards Nanjing. Some of their minor Soviets were destroyed too, with others insisting on a resistance to the very end. As the first days of July 1928 came by, China had become a three-way war zone, now split between Li Dazhao's communist soviets, the Kuomintang held areas under Field Marshal Chiang, and the Imperial backed territory.

Who would emerge as the winner?

War Info:

Kuomintang:

-Chinese Army: 44 divisions (32 inf, 8 cav, 4 militia)
-Chinese Navy: 2 BB, 3 CR, 8 DD, 4 SUB
-Chinese Airforce: 4 Fighter Wings, 3 Bombing Wings, 4 Transport Wings.
-Volunteer Force: 6 divisions (5 inf, 1 mar)

Communist China:

-Communist Army: 24 divisions (11 inf, 2 cav, 11 militia)
-Communist Navy: No navy.
-Communist Airforce: 3 Fighter Wings, 1 Bombing Wings.

Imperial China:

-Imperial Army: 11 divisions (7 inf, 1 cav, 3 militia)
-Imperial Navy: 1 CR, 1 DD.
-Imperial Airforce: 1 Fighter Wings, 1 Bombing Wings.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2016, 01:07:59 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2016, 02:24:57 AM by Vice President Lumine »

Second Balkan War: June 1928

Overall:

Due to the massive expansion of the war across the Balkans, the Athens Pact of Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia had to face enemies in all fronts with key opponents in the Ottoman Empire and Romania, and less powerful foes in Albania and Bosnia. Both sides decided to take the initiative in different fronts, with mixed results in the greater sense. What prevailed across April 1928 was a series of large air battles across the Balkans, with the German Airforce leading countless missions from across Romania along with allied units in the attempt to crush the significantly weaker Athens Pact airforces. Alas, the Athens Pact fought on their own land (lessening pilot casualties), and aided by significant amounts of foreign equipment they forced the Germans into an unexpected war of attrition. By early May the airforces of the Athens Pact were badly bled and had conceded the skies to the enemy, at the prize of dozens of the most skilled German pilots and veterans.

The Athens Pact focused its offensive efforts into knocking Albania and Bosnia out of the war, with the initial moves of the Serbian Army into Bosnia resulting in a series of inconclusive skirmishes and tactical victories that yielded little gain. On the other hand, Albania proved ill-prepared for war, suffering key defeats at the outset against King Alexander's general staff. With panic having set in Tirana as the Albanian Army melts away, it is believe the country faces imminent collapse. The drawback to this, of course, was the need to play defensive in Bulgaria and Northern Greece, with both luck and disaster. Whereas a naval campaign by the Ottomans to secure the Aegean turned into a bloody statemate of island fighting (badly damaging their marine units), the push of the mobilized Ottoman Army proved very successful in repelling the Greeks and the Bulgarians by pushing further into Europe and onwards to Sofia. Due to the large amount of skirmishes and trench war rather than large scale battles casualties proved light on both sides, but Sofia is prepared for an eventual siege.

As June ends, German troops are beginning to reach the frontier in Romania, just as colonial troops and Polish units (despite their unwillingness to take part in the war) arrive as well. While the international community has criticized the Athens Pact for its invasion of Albania, the Romanian Government has been denounced as taking part in war crimes by ordering the intensive bombing of the capital of Sofia for more than a week. Not only thousands have died, but members of the Bulgarian Parliament and even parts of the Royal Family have perished as well, including Tsar Ferdinand's youngest daughter: Princess Nadezhda. With the Tsar deciding to stay in Sofia regardless of the consequences Bulgarians are galvanized to resist, and the crisis continues to deteriorate.

War Info:

Ottoman/German/Romanian Alliance

Ottoman Empire:

-Ottoman Army: 72 divisions (54 inf, 17 cav, 1 mar)
-Ottoman Navy: 4 BB, 8 CR, 17 DD, 10 SUB
-Ottoman Airforce: 10 Fighter Wings, 4 Bombing Wings, 5 Transport Wings.

Kingdom of Romania:

-Romanian Army: 24 divisions (21 inf, 3 cav)
-Romanian Navy: 1 CR, 4 DD
-Romanian Airforce: 2 Fighter Wings, 1 Bombing Wings.

German Empire:

-German Army: 54 divisions (42 inf, 9 cav, 3 colonial)
-German Navy: 27 BB, 42 CR, 150 DD, 60 SUB
-German Airforce: 33 Fighter Wings, 16 Bombing Wings, 41 Transport Wings.

Albania:

-Albanian Army: 6 divisions (2 inf, 4 mil)
-Albanian Navy: No navy.
-Albanian Airforce: No airforce.

Bosnia:

-Bosnian Army: 11 divisions (6 inf, 1 cav, 4 mil)
-Bosnian Navy: No navy.
-Bosnian Airforce: No airforce.

Crimea:

-Crimean Army: 6 divisions (3 inf, 3 cav)
-Crimean Navy: 4 DD
-Crimean Airforce: 1 Fighter Wing.

Athens Pact

Tsardom of Bulgaria:

-Bulgarian Army: 28 divisions (19 inf, 5 cav, 4 mil)
-Bulgarian Navy: 2 DD
-Bulgarian Airforce: 1 Fighter Wings, 1 Bombing Wing.

Kingdom of Greece:

-Greek Army: 32 divisions (26 inf, 6 cav)
-Greek Navy: 1 BB, 3 CR, 10 DD, 6 SUB
-Greek Airforce: 2 Fighter Wings, 2 Bombing Wings.

Kingdom of Serbia:

-Serbian Army: 21 divisions (17 inf, 4 cav)
-Serbian Navy: No navy.
-Serbian Airforce: 1 Fighter Wings, 1 Bombing Wings.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2016, 01:40:00 AM »

Spanish Civil War: June 1928

Overall:

Despite foreign support in terms of currency and particularly weaponry, the People's Republic of Spain faced the hardest months of the war yet as the French Republic mobilized its forces and Pope Alexander IX redoubled its calls to crush the Spanish Revolution, pitting the Spanish Revolutionaries in a war that had them outnumbered and outgunned by far, having to fight two of the largest powers in Europe. While ambitious plans had called for a large part of the army to be shipped into the Sahara for an offensive, new events quickly changed the strategic picture. On one hand, the entrance of Portugal to the war in full support of King Alfonso XIII's claims, giving the Alfonsists a fighting change in Southern Spain. On the other, the remnants of the Spanish navy ambushed the Catholic naval forces near Gibraltar (appropiately, on Trafalgar), managing to sink a French battleship and inflict some significant damage at the cost of most of their own fleet. Lacking the means to invade the Sahara and losing units in the naval blockade, the Madrid Government had to see the Portugese seize the Canary Islands and the Alfonsists ambush and destroy the remnants of their Sahara forces.

In the mainland, the Spanish Army sustained a tough campaign as it tried to handle an overly long front against Alfonsist, Carlist, Portuguese, Italian, Catholic Volunteer and French divisions, leading to the overall collapse of the front in a costly set of pitched attrition battles that caused much harm to the international coalition while ripping Besteiro's army to shreds. Having freed Seville with help of the Portuguese, King Alfonso flew to mainland Spain as the Alfonsist/Portguese troops expanded through the South, just as the Carlist front saw the encirclement of Catalonia and the virtual hold of the North for King Jaime III. Alas, not all was bright for the Monarchist forces in their struggle ahead. Large as their positions seemed now, they were filled with countless guerrilla units installed by the General Secretary, making their logistical situation poor and leaving their flanks open. To make matters more complicated, Alfonso XIII was murdered by a sniper while attending mass, with Alfonsist General Jose Sanjurjo denouncing the Spanish Revolutionary Party and Besteiro as the responsibles. In response, the Alfonsist nobles, generals and politicians convened in Seville to proclaim a new King.

With Madrid ready for a large and bloody defence and the Carlist and Alfonsist forces having possibly overextended, the Spanish Civil War enters its decisive phase.

War Info:

People's Republic of Spain:
-Spanish Army: 41 divisions (24 inf, 6 cav, 11 mil)
-Spanish Navy: 1 CR, 3 DD, 1 SUB
-Spanish Airforce: 4 Fighter Wings, 1 Bombing Wings, 1 Transport Wings.

French Republic:
-French Army: 117 divisions (92 inf, 20 cav, 5 mil)
-French Navy: 10 BB, 22 CR, 71 DD, 40 SUB
-French Airforce: 32 Fighter Wings, 12 Bombing Wings, 42 Transport Wings.

Kingdom of Italy:
-Italian Army: 72 divisions (53 inf, 12 cav, 7 mil)
-Italian Navy: 12 BB, 14 CR, 31 DD, 14 SUB
-Italian Airforce: 14 Fighter Wings, 4 Bombing Wings, 5 Transport Wings.

Kingdom of Portugal:
-Portuguese Army: 13 divisions (10 inf, 3 cav)
-Portuguese Navy: 2 CR, 6 DD, 3 SUB
-Portuguese Air Force: 3 Fighter Wing, 2 Bombing Wing.

Carlist Spain:
-Carlist Army: 29 divisions (9 inf, 19 mil)
-Carlist Navy: None.
-Carlist Airforce: 2 Fighter Wing, 2 Bombing Wing.

Alfonsist Spain:
-Alfonsist Army: 10 divisions (3 inf, 7 mil)
-Alfonsist Navy: None.
-Alfonsist Air Force: None.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2016, 02:15:09 AM »

End of Early 1928:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In the News:

MacArthur deposed in coup, Roosevelt takes over!

With General MacArthur's administration growing unpopular due to their bad handling of the fragile American economy, the ongoing standoff with Cuba and the mounting revolt across the South against martial law and the rule of the National Security Council, the reign of the General was cut short. An alliance between the civilian factions of the NSC and most of the military leadership led to a coup in Washington DC and the imprisonment and deposition of MacArthur to the Presidency. Days afterwards, coup leaders Herbert Hoover, John G. Pershing, George van Horn Moseley and Franklin Delano Roosevelt appeared at a rally in New York City, confirming that a new administration was to take office under Roosevelt himself as the new President selected by the NSC.

1928 Summer Olympics in danger:

While the Winter Olympics of this year in Switzerland proved a moderate success, growing concerns about the Summer Olympics of Amsterdam continue to prove a headache to the Dutch government, as several nations are unwilling to participate due to war or internal conflicts. The Athens Pact has threatened not to attend if the Ottoman Empire and Romania are included, and the Olympic Committee has refused attempts by the Alfonsist and Carlist Governments in Spain to participate.

Lev Kamenev caught in Scotland!

Having initially escaped the chaos of the final days of the People's Republic of Archangelsk, former General Secretary Lev Kamenev has been caught by the British authorities as the merchant ship he was travelling in (the vessel "Sybil") arrived in Scotland to restock before continuing its supposed trip to Spain. Kamenev managed to burn his paperwork before being arrested by MI5 agents, but he is currently on a secret location as the Government has to decide its fate. Unconfirmed reports state that Kamenev may have written Prime Minister Churchill and King Edward asking for asylum in the Empire.

New Imperial Government in Beijing!

Following the April coups and countercoups in the Chinese capital and as forces loyal to the Legislature and Emperor Guangxu capture Manchuria, a new government has been formally established for the Beijing regime. As a compromise and while the legislature considers an increase on the powers of the Emperor and Prince Chun (now Minister without Portfolio), the Imperial Legislature has appointed Emperor loyalist Xu Shichang as the new Prime Minister, with General Duan Qurui as the Commander in Chief of the Chinese Imperial Forces (or the few units that have not declared for the Kuomintang). It is believe the Schichang Government is currently trying to seize Chinese embassies across the world, and it has been a worldwide appeal to be recognized as the lawful government against Chiang and Dazhao.

Kolchak and Yudenich in war!

The Russian Civil War has opened yet another front as Admiral Alexander Kolchak and his Siberian regime have declared war on the Kazakh/Warlord regime of General Nikolai Yudenich, recognized as the third most powerful force in Russia after Kolchak himself and the Kerensky Government. It is believed "Siberian" units have scored initial success in their drive west, with speculation on a series of non-aggression pacts the Admiral might have signed with other warlords becoming widespread.

Alfonso XIV crowned in Seville:

After the assassination of King Alfonso XIII by (supposedly) a revolutionary infiltrator, General Sanjurjo, the Portuguese representatives and the Alfonsist elite have gathered in Seville to form a new government. General Sanjurjo has assumed full control of the new Alfonsist Regime, crowning Alfonso's first born, the Prince of Asturias, as King Alfonso XIV. The new and young King, barely 18 years old, promised to lead the pro-monarchy and pro-catholic forces to victory and gave his first radio broadcast today, seconding Pope Alexander's calls for a war against the Spanish Revolution.

Wars, Economy and Popularity:

Ongoing Wars:

Russian Civil War:
(Various Russian states)
Archangelsk falls to Kerensky, Kolchak and Yudenich in war.

Chinese Civil War:
(Chinese Empire v. Kuomintang v. Chinese Communist Party)
Three way war, still confusing.

Spanish Civil War:
(People's Republic of Spain v. Carlist and Alfonsist Rebels, France, Italy and Portugal)
Revolutionary Government facing collapse.

Second Balkan War:
(Athens Pact v. Ottoman/German/Romanian alliance)
Stalemate across the Balkans, Bulgaria prepared to resist to the end.

Popularity Ratings:

Prime Minister Alexander Kerensky: Very High
President Francois de la Rocque: High
Chancellor Wilhelm Marx: Medium
Prince Saionji Kinmochi: Medium
Prime Minister Winston Churchill: Medium
Minister of War Enver Pasha: Medium
Tsar Nicholas I of Romania: Low
Emperor Victor Emmanuel III: Low
President Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Medium
General Secretary Julian Besteiro: Low
Prime Minister Chiang Kai Shek: Very Low

Economic Ratings:

German Empire: Strong
United Kingdom: Strong
Japanese Empire: Strong
Republic of France: Moderate
Kingdom of Italy: Moderate
Ottoman Empire:  Moderate
Kingdom of Romania: Moderate
United States of America: Weak
People's Republic of Spain: Weak
Provisional Government of Russia: Weak
Chinese Empire: Very Weak
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2016, 02:18:56 AM »

Current Armies:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #245 on: July 17, 2016, 08:39:52 PM »

Turn Four: Late 1928

Franklin Roosevelt, American's vigorous new President

USA:

Welcome, Mr. President. The marines have just ended taking MacArthur's stuff out of the White House, leaving it open for your family. The United States is at a crossroads after the failure of the MacArthur administration, so thread carefully. After all, there's nothing to fear but fear itself. Your cabinet brings the following urgent matters to your attention:

1.- The National Security Council has asked you what is to be done with deposed General MacArthur, with different sides advocating from pardon and retirement, to exile, prison, and even death.

2.- It is 1928 now, and there's only seven months left until the official term of President McAdoo is over in January 1929. General MacArthur never got around to taking a choice on a future election, and the NSC is divided between the military wing, that recommends to suspend elections until the situation is more stable, and the civilian wing, that wishes to hold an election in November (but offers no concrete proposal for voting).

3.- In military and foreign policy terms, both the militia crisis and the Havana standoff is reaching a critical point. General Pershing does what he can under martial law, but the South proves more and more reckless on its resistance. In Cuba, the US Navy continues to blockade and starve the country, following MacArthur's plans to turn it into a US State. How will you deal with the South and with the Cuban Government?

Notes: This FDR was a Democrat until recently, being more or less supportive of Hearst but a political rebel against McAdoo. He lead the civilian faction of the NSC with Herbert Hoover from 1926 to 1928 (as the token rebel Democrat and a Congressman). Also, he is not affected with polio on this timeline, so keep that in mind.

Spain:

1.- As your General Staff gathers in the Central Ministry of Madrid, the situation is dire. The enemy has broken through the South and the North, but it has done so at a high cost. Your Generals are much divided on whether to focus on the defence of Madrid, launch a counteroffensive with the remaining reserves, or lead a long guerrilla war. The choice is yours, General Secretary.

2.- On the bright side, many volunteers have arrived in the past weeks, either from rural areas which feel strongly against France and Portugal or from revolutionary groups from the rest of the world. Pertaining the last, it has been recommended to use these men as brigades by nationality, or deploy them to follow the guerrilla strategy.

3.- After hard work the two battleships you commissioned two years ago were finished in Valencia. It is up to you to name them, and give them a target if needed by.

Romania:

1.- The international community has strongly spoken against Romania's ruthless bombing of Sofia, with the Bulgarian Tsar and his people swearing revenge for the Royal Princess. How will you address the concerns of neutral countries over the ongoing war?

2.- Investigation in Sebastopol seems to have reached a dead end due to a lack of cooperation, mistakes by those in charge and the demise or departure of some witness. Will further action be taken on this front.

3.- You have recieved a missive from the underground Romanian groups in Transylvania, asking you to make a move against the Magyar Republic before they strike themselves. Although mobilized, the Hungarians have not made any hostile moves in the frontier, but the General Staff is divided on the issue.

Japan:

1.- Preparatives for the 1928 General Election are ready, Prince Saionji. Seiyūkai is well funded and well organized for the upcoming November struggle, and the Emperor has granted permission to dissolve the Houses. How will you fight the Election?

2.- Great news from the IJN High Command, Prince. After years of constant work, a groundbreaking achievement has been reached by the navy, having created the first Aircraft Carrier of the world after converting a cruiser hull into a light carrier vessel (still a prototype). It is up to you to choose a name, of course, but the big question is, will Japan continue to invest on this new type of vessel?

3.- The IJN expects to have its new destroyers in the coming months, with your naval plan expected to be completed anywhere from Early to Late 1930.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2016, 08:59:01 PM »

Italy:

1.- Your Majesty, urgent reports from the Colonial Government in Libya and Tunis. Foreign operatives working with the Libyan Senussi have sparked a large revolt across the area, leading to the deaths of hundreds of Italians and the colonial forces to focus on defence of the cities. The revolt seems to be growing each day, what will you do?

2.- King Alfonso XIV and King Jaime III have each sent diplomatic missives to Rome in the aftermath of Alfonso XIII's death, each asing for their recognition as rightful King of Spain. What will the Holy Kingdom do?

3.- The College of Cardinals remains deadlocked on the decision on whether to allow foreign Cardinals to vote on Italian matters, and it is beginning to look like a constitutional crisis. Will you step in?

France:

1.- France has begun working under a war economy, so far on a successful path despite the huge military expenses now needed. With France sending weapons to different countries the economy has kept itself stable, but the Ministry of Finance warns not to keep the war economy going in for more than two to three years.

2.- Thanks to your resolute order the French Secret Police has begun large scale investigations in Algeria, although only a few arrests of suspected Ottoman agents have been achieved so far. The supposed agents deny any involvement with Istanbul, and the Algerian Colonial Government asks for instructions.

3.- Propaganda floods the streets of France, undercutting the leftist movements and beginning to create a frenzy in support of the war and against the Spanish left (Windjammer, the Spaniards are NOT communists, they purged them long ago). Will you use this chance to strike for Madrid?

Kuomintang China:

1.- Despite the attempted coup of the Emperor and his new regime, most of China and virtually the entire Kuomintang Party and the former Imperial Chinese Army stands with you, Field Marshal Chiang. Despite the loss of standing this means, you now have a chance to rebuild your regime, no longer constrained by the office of Imperial Prime Minister. What title will you assume, and what form of government will your China have?

2.- Many of your more recent economic measures are showing results, although these are largely slowed down by the ongoing war. The film industry and industralization measures are counted as the most successful.

3.- Now that Beijing is gone, you need to select a new seat of Government. Many recommend Nanjing, despite the city being vulnerable to the Communist Army and the Imperial forces due to its importance and power. Where will you go?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2016, 09:20:40 PM »

United Kingdom:

Evening, Prime Minister. A very eventful session of cabinet is to follow, many matters requiring your attention:

1.- The Colonial Secretary brings a desperate plea from the Governor of Hong Kong. The Chinese blockade is making life in the colony almost impossible to sustain, the Governor believing that Hong Kong can only last until December before being forced to a surrender. Cabinet is divided, some asking you to break the blockade with a task force, others to negotiate, and others to outright declare war on the Chinese. The Colonial Secretary expects to hear from the new Indian Viceroy soon as well.

2.- SIS reports successfully on the commercial arrangements you ordered, having been granted a greenlight by the concerned power. Expect results very soon. They also report of Lev Kamenev's arrest by MI5 in Scotland following the fall of Archangelsk. What will your Government do with Mr. Kamenev, who has requested asylum?

3.- Portugal and King Alfonso XIV have sent an open call for the British Government to recognize Alfonso as rightful King, along with a plea for British aid. They ask for naval support from Gibraltar against the Besteiro government.

4.- Beaverbrook has jumped on board of the welfare reforms and his press makes more and more positive points about the reforms, placing pressure on the Parliamentary majority. Still, it is not sure the Government will win the vote late this year if there are many MP's that rebel. Should the Government seek the aid of the Liberals or Labour on the issue?

5.- Meetings on the Irish issue yield both good and bad results. A part of the nationalists is willing to take you on your offer of an independent Parliament, but the radical wing refuses any compromise. The main resistance comes from the Unionist side, which is bent on forming part of Britain rather than a Home Rule Ireland. Ultimately, it seems the Government will have to choose a side if it is to go with the current proposal.

Ottoman Empire:

1.- Ahmed Tevfik Pasha takes the plane to Beijing, but is forced to stop in Shanghai as he does not quite know which Government he is ambassador to now. New Grand Vizier Carasso has taken office with quite some vigor, although he is heavily distrusted by the increasingly wary clergy due to his masonic ties. Carasso has overseen the formation of the Minister-Residents and the local assemblies with some success, but it remains to be seen how the system will work.

2.- Local parties have begun to be created for the upcoming Assembly Elections, with the religious groups been the most coordinated force to contest seats in those chambers (not unlike Abdul Hamid's Parliament in 1878). The Interior Ministry asks just how much freedom will be given to these elections, and whether the Government ought to... promote candidates with enough sense of patriotism.

3.- Investment in the growing railway system of the Empire and the arms industries moves on with some success, although matching Europe would certainly take time. For the time being, German models are being followed to some degree of success, although they leave much to be desired in naval terms.

4.- The situation evolves very slowly in Palestine, but it seems the main public outburst have ceased... for the time being.

Russia:

1.- The People's Republic of Archangelsk is no more. With control over Northern Russia now secure, the Provisional Government now presides over a much larger area, and can enjoy extra benefits in trade. But the main question remains, how will this area be ruled, the guerrillas stopped and the revolutionary streak finished?

2.- Admiral Kolchak has made his move, attacking powerful warlord Yudenich and forcing a war between the two largest forces other than the St. Petersburg Government in this civil war. What will you do?

3.- Vladimir Purishkevich and the remnants of his hated nationalistic regime are finally rebuilding themselves (the purple state to your direct South). Purishkevich has not taken hostile action, but it seems he is in discussion with other warlords, and, potentially, other world powers.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #248 on: July 17, 2016, 09:34:55 PM »

Ministry of Foreign Affair, Constantinopole

The Ottoman Empire is gravely disappointed with Greece persisting to continue with hostilities we did not seek in the first place. There's a just demand from the Ottoman people to avenge this unwarranted insult, BUT the Sublime Porte wishes to make one more attempt at securing peace, with such moderate conditions.

1. Eastern Trace to become a demilitarized zone, but no territorial changes.
2. Greece pledges not to enter into any alliances with foreign powers.
3. Cession of some islands close to the Turkish coast (a measure of protection for us)
4. Some payment to Albania to cover invasion damage, but no territorial losses for Greece
5. No reduction of Greek armed forces nor payments to the Ottoman Empire
6. Some neutral power/powers to guarantee the agreement.

This is our last effort. If Athens reject this, let the history record we had no choice but to strike a counterblow.

Due to geographic factors, the Ottoman Empire believes our German and Romanian friends are better positioned to attempt a peaceful resolution with Serbia. We will not, however, accept any agreement that would damage our Bosnian allies.

His Sacred and Imperial Majesty is pleased with the news of President Roosevelt’s accession to power in the United States. Given history of close friendship and partnership between our two powers, His Majesty’s government is looking forward to rebuild ties that were damaged by previous isolationist administrations and offers any help to our American friends.

The Ottoman Empire recognized and will continue to recognize Field Marshal Chiang Kai Shek’s government as the only legitimate government of China (your destination, Tefik). We salute his valiant efforts to restore peace to his great country. We are hoping for a quick and peaceful resolution of the Hongkong crisis and are willing to mediate if requested.

The Ottoman Empire is cautious about supposed „war crimes” in Bulgaria. This is not the first time Bulgarians engaged in shameful propaganda. The Bulgarian Tsar put his own people and his own family at risk, using them as live shields in war zone. May Allah have mercy on his soul.

The Ottoman Empire congratulated Prime Minister Kerensky on his successfull dealing with the radicals.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #249 on: July 18, 2016, 01:49:11 PM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 01:52:35 PM by Kalwejt »

His Sacred and Imperial Majesty is shocked with the Bulgarian Tsar persistence of walking down the path of madness. No sane man would have sacrificed thousands of his own people to the bombs, just to keep this conflict going. No sane man would have sacrificed his own daughter, while he himself enjoys confort and safety. No sane man would plunge the entire region in bloody conflict just to evade responsibility for ordering a cowardly terrorist attack on his neighbour.

We have no other choice but to conclude that the Tsar is of no sound mind and therefore cannot be considered a competent party in any negotiations. This sad man's place is in the insane asylum. We hope responsible people in the Bulgarian government will be able to represent their country in any resolution of this conflict.

With a deep distress, His Imperial Majesty the Kaiser must concur with the obvious fact his dear cousin had gone insane. Sad!

(OOC: Old timers, remember when we were declaring Nicholas II incompetent? Grin)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies