The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:27:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)  (Read 30645 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2016, 04:44:34 AM »

But if the Ottoman Empire and Germany truly wanted peace,
May I ask why they're not proposing a ceasefire with Bulgaria as well?

Bulgaria provoked the crisis and the Ottoman Empire had every right to defend their straits against such terrorist actions. It is in interest of the entire Europe that these facilities will remain open.

We might have asked about the French involvement in Spain, but we think there's no constructive point in bringing both Spain and Bulgaria, when we are discussing Hungary,
If I read correctly, both Italy, the United Kingdom and Hungary are expressing concerns about the recent actions of Germany and the Ottoman Empire in the Balkans, and that includes Bulgaria.

Bulgaria never attacked the Ottoman Empire, France is willing to mediate if necessary in order to end the conflicts, the conflicts in all the Balkans.

And Spain haven't directly attacked France either. Bulgaria might not have "directly" attacked the Ottoman Empire, but their failed secret operations within the straits are more than enough for any power to react.
If I recall correctly, you did try to mediate between Italy and Spain. Why not letting mediation between Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire? Smiley

We cannot accept mediation on Bulgaria at this moment, although we welcome an initiative regarding ceasing hostilities with Greece. As of Spain, it's clear that no futher attempts at offering a mediation will influence the situation there, so we have no futher comment on the Iberian Peninsula.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2016, 12:51:41 PM by Kalwejt »

The Ottoman Petroleum Authority lifts restriction on sales to the Magray Republic.

This will not, in any way, affect our plans to increase trade with Japan and China.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »

''The Russian Government stands opposed to the aggressive military actions of Germany in the Balkans, and hopes that the crisis can be settled by peace, and not war. We echo the calls of our friends in Italy, France and the United Kingdom in denouncing the actions of Germany, and preparing to use any action necessary to stop them.''
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2016, 10:47:41 PM »

The Ottoman Empire is surprised with the mischaracterisation of German action during the course of this crisis. Germany did not declare war on Bulgaria and declared was on Greece and Serbia only after said countries declared war on Germany allies. They simply honored their commitments, as any country would do.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #204 on: July 07, 2016, 10:51:05 PM »

We, the government of Romania, remind the international community the dangers of intervening. Two alliances are at war, and now the world appears to think our alliance is angering the Magyar Republic. We ask the international community to clarify their position here, and question what Germany has done to invite such condemnations.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2016, 04:11:11 AM »

German Foreign Ministry:

We commend the British Empire for their concern that the situations in the Balkans should not escalate. We see no disagreement here, on the very contrary. We are, however, a bit troubled with misperception that Germany is an "aggressive" side here. We have notified our allies in Constantinopole and Bucharest that we will not be joining an action against Bulgaria, but, when Greece and Serbia declared war on our allies, we have no choice but to honor our commitments. Would France do nothing if another country declared war on Italy? Would the United Kingdom sit idle by when Australia or South Africa are attacked? Obviously not.

Greece and Serbia can end this conflict at any time. Germany has no issues with the Magray Republic and we protest against accusations that we seek conflict with Bucharest. If there is ever war between the Magyar Republic and us, we won't be the side who broke the peace. How that misconception appeared in the first place is a mystery to us.

As of the provocative statement by the Russian Provisional Government, we wish them all the luck in dealing with their own internal problems without unnecessary distractions.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2016, 05:07:22 AM »

France would like to reiterate that it would back any initiative his friends from Russia, the UK or Italy would have in mind regarding the Balkan crisis.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:16 AM »

France would like to reiterate that it would back any initiative his friends from Russia, the UK or Italy would have in mind regarding the Balkan crisis.

With all due respect, France, Italy or the Russian Provisional Government have displayed unwarranted hostility toward Germany and the Ottoman Empire, so we can't see them as constructive force in calming down tensions in the Balkans.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2016, 10:10:44 AM »

KING EDWARD'S FIRST CABINET IN FULL

Winston Churchill - First Lord of the Treasury (Prime Minister)
The Earl of Birkenhead - Lord Chancellor
The Marquess Curzon of Kedleston - Lord President of the Council, Leader of the House of Lords
The Duke of Marlborough - Lord Privy Seal
Sir Kingsley Wood - Chancellor of the Exchequer
Hilton Young - Home Secretary
Leo Amery - Foreign Secretary
Sir Philip Sassoon - Colonial Secretary
Duff Cooper - Secretary of State for War
Edward Wood - Secretary of State for India
The Marquess of Londonderry - Secretary for Air
The Marquess of Linlithgow - Secretary of State for Scotland
Bolton Eyres-Monsell - First Lord of the Admiralty
The Baron Beaverbrook - President of the Board of Trade
The Viscount Lymington - Minister of Agriculture
Francis Urquhart - President of the Board of Education
Viscountess Astor - Minister of Labour
Baron Lloyd - First Commissioner of Works
Walter Guinness - Minister of Health
Sir Douglas Hogg - Attorney General
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2016, 10:25:57 AM »

With all due respect, France, Italy or the Russian Provisional Government have displayed unwarranted hostility toward Germany and the Ottoman Empire, so we can't see them as constructive force in calming down tensions in the Balkans.

London notes with interest that the Ottoman Diplomatic Service does not appear to rule out the prospect of British arbitration. We have a long and varied history with the Sublime Porte and feel that despite recent enmities, we can provide a model of realistic, hard-headed co-operation on this matter, should other parties desire. Signed for the Cabinet, Leo Amery
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »

London notes with interest that the Ottoman Diplomatic Service does not appear to rule out the prospect of British arbitration. We have a long and varied history with the Sublime Porte and feel that despite recent enmities, we can provide a model of realistic, hard-headed co-operation on this matter, should other parties desire. Signed for the Cabinet, Leo Amery
As I said,
I'm willing to back any initiatives made by countries which are friendly to France, and that includes obviously the United Kingdom.
If the United Kingdom manages to successfully to make a ceasefire happen everywhere in the Balkans, France is obviously willing to back this initiative!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2016, 11:41:58 AM »

British interest in solving the present crisis is most commendable. The Ottoman Empire is firmly resolved never to rule out diplomatic solution whenever it's possible.

The British-Ottoman relations went off the wrong start at the beginning of this century, with two wars fought between us. These were sad times and we are likewise resolved not to let these sad times return in our relations.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »

The British-Ottoman relations went off the wrong start at the beginning of this century, with two wars fought between us. These were sad times and we are likewise resolved not to let these sad times return in our relations.
OOC: You mean when Spamage  (playing the UK) destroyed your country by mounting a coalition of basically everyone against you? And that in the end you took your revenge by convincing the USA, Germany to go war against them? Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #213 on: July 08, 2016, 12:00:52 PM »

OOC: You mean when Spamage  (playing the UK) destroyed your country by mounting a coalition of basically everyone against you? And that in the end you took your revenge by convincing the USA, Germany to go war against them? Tongue

It's ancient history now Tongue

Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #214 on: July 08, 2016, 02:01:37 PM »

It's ancient history now Tongue

OOC: In my defense I was plotting that before he joined as the Ottomans Wink Besides, that world war ended up being a blast.

Also, I'm going to be traveling for the next week starting today. Some days I will have access to WiFi, others I will not. Shouldn't be too much of an issue though.

---
The People's Republic of Spain commends Britain's efforts to make peace in the Balkans. We hope the British government, and all other powers, will also consider working to establish peace in the Iberian Peninsula, where innocent Spaniards are being gunned down by naked French and Italian imperialism. All we desire it to live free in our reorganized and egalitarian society.

Our government would also like to highlight the hypocrisy of the French government, infected with infernal royalism, which says it wants to resolve a crisis while at the same time provoking one on the very same continent.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #215 on: July 08, 2016, 02:15:18 PM »

The Ottoman Empire believes it would be inconsistent for France and Italy to demand a ceasefire in the Balkans, while they embarked on intervention in Spain. We are, obviously, not fit this time to offer any mediating services, but we strongly suggest that a neutral part takes an initiative.

OOC: In my defense I was plotting that before he joined as the Ottomans Wink Besides, that world war ended up being a blast.

OOC: Yes I know, Snowstalker was later trying to set me against you during the war with Russia by sending your PMs on the Ottomans before I joined, lol.

In my defense, I was actually least inclined within the alliance to go to a full-blown war. I wanted to focus a bit on Persia. Heck, I even had a deal with Dr. Cynic not to declare war on France.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #216 on: July 08, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I would like to remind you that Italy and Spain did accept the German mediation. I would be glad you could accept the English mediation as well, something you haven't accepted yet!

And by the way, is the communist accusing France of being corrupted by royalists and asking mediation from the United Kingdom? Hahahahahaha
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2016, 02:51:36 PM »

I would like to remind you that Italy and Spain did accept the German mediation. I would be glad you could accept the English mediation as well, something you haven't accepted yet!

And we would like to remind you you show no willingness to work a solution out, as evident by German statement which side sabotaged the talks.

The Ottoman Empire invited the United Kingdom to put forward their proposals. Unlike France and Italy, that set their minds on intervene in Spain from day one, we don't rule anything out that can constructively and satisfactory end the crisis.

(OOC: war on words in fun, right guys?)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »

And we would like to remind you you show no willingness to work a solution out, as evident by German statement which side sabotaged the talks.

The Ottoman Empire invited the United Kingdom to put forward their proposals. Unlike France and Italy, that set their minds on intervene in Spain from day one, we don't rule anything out that can constructively and satisfactory end the crisis.

(OOC: war on words in fun, right guys?)

Is the Ottoman Empire saying that if the United Kingdom proposes a complete ceasefire in the Balkans, they will accept it? If that's the case, I'm glad to hear it!

(OOC: oh yes I like it a lot!)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2016, 03:00:31 PM »

How about all powers, in interest of peace, agree on simultaneous ceasefire in the Balkans and in the Iberian Peninsula and hold a peace conference?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2016, 03:04:16 PM »

How about all powers, in interest of peace, agree on simultaneous ceasefire in the Balkans and in the Iberian Peninsula and hold a peace conference?
So you're saying you would be willing to cease fire completely???
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »

Would you? Because neither Ottoman nor German Empires will accept diplomatic double standardsw.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »

Would you? Because neither Ottoman nor German Empires will accept diplomatic double standardsw.
I'm asking you the question first!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #223 on: July 08, 2016, 03:07:01 PM »

We are willing, if it goes both ways.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #224 on: July 08, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »

We are willing, if it goes both ways.
I truly didnt know that the Ottoman Empire is taking decisions based on what France does, I'm flattered!
My answer is yes, I will accept a ceasefire after communism is destroyed and plans to quit Spain intact.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies