The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:25:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Sword of Damocles (Gameplay Thread) (Early 1930)  (Read 30498 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: May 24, 2016, 10:09:01 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This treaty has been signed between Frnce and Italy.

x President Laroque

France is glad to have a strong new ally.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 04:39:55 PM »

France and Italy refuse to join the peace talks until the Spain government stop persecuting the catholics
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 05:00:27 PM »

#Italy
Pierre Laval is appointed  as French ambassador in Italy. Consolidating the alliance with Italy is a top priority.

#Economy
France doesn't plan to aggressively raise our military spendings. The top biggest priority of the French Republic is to improve the economy and make the lives of french better.
    - With our new alliance with Italy, trades will be more and more important, making both italian and french economy better and better.
    - Workers' lives must be improved. The Ministy of Hygiene and Health is hereby created. Considering his important work for improving workers, Abbe Lemire is hereby appointed Minister of Hygiene and Health. The focus of this minister is to improve the workers' conditions.
     - Other announcements will be made later.

#Catholicism
- The French law (1905) separating the church and the the state is hereby abolished. With a communist country close to our borders, catholics around the world must remain united against this threat. Now in France, the concordat signed between Napoleon and France in the 1900's  is now the law again of this country.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 05:05:44 PM »

France and Italy have repeatedly shown themselves unwilling to negotiate in good faith. Spain was willing to discuss concrete steps to take action and better Europe, but are outraged by this insult. We thus refuse to attend any conference due to the repeated insults hurled at our nation: be it fleets near our border, joint military exercises, or a refusal to wait until the summit in Germany to make such insulting demands. It is clear they too will be the ones to first declare war. I hope the threat of such wretched powers from the outside reminds my fellow citizens of the importance of Spanish Unity in the face of agression.

We would like it to be noted for posterity that we were willing to negotiate in good faith but cannot anymore due to French attempts to hold any potential deal hostage. The People's Republic is not the agressor, the Franco-Italian Alliance is.

Good day,
Julian Besteiro, General Secretary
Willing to negociate that?

France and Italy will never allow catholics to be persecuted no matter where they can be. This will never be negociated by us, considering it must be a given.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:39:01 PM »

France will not participate to the negociations. The safety of catholics isn't negociable.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 07:11:30 PM »

Turn 2:
- Pierre Laval is promoted Foreign Minister. Having good relations with the Pope is a top priority for France.

- Our goal is to make French lives better. That's why I'm proud to announce that the first retirement system will be created in France (OCC:basically the french law in 1910, a bismarckian system http://www.boursedutravail-paris.fr/node/283 )
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 02:13:07 PM »

Declaration
France and Hungary are pleased to declare to the rest of Europe that we are now allied!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 03:20:15 PM »

Communique from the Ottoman Petroleum Authority:

Due to reorientation of our markets by increasing trade with Asia, the OPA will no longer sell oil to the Kingdom of Hungary, judging our commercial relationship unsatisfactory. The OPA will also reduce our oil sells to France by 40% due to more pressing demand elsewhere.

This decision has nothing to do whatsoever with recent political developments
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To: Empire of China

We have noted your interest of establishing closer trade relations.
Let me be clear about something:
- You stop the aggression of Bulgary
-You stop putting me an embargo.

If you don't do that,
THIS IS WAR
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 04:40:18 PM »

I have never been opposed to diplomatic talks. I'm waiting for the PMs for anyone who would be interested to diplomatically talk with me.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2016, 11:28:48 AM »

(OOC: I confirm)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2016, 05:00:37 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2016, 05:06:24 PM by Chief Justice windjammer »

(Speech at the French Assembly if that still exists, it shall be read on all TV/radio/newspaper whatever)
My dear compatriots,

Europe is at war. In Spain, the current communist government is so terrible that their own people, currently suffering by their persecution, just decided to rebel against them. I’m glad that so many courageous frenchmen decided to join the fight against the communist regime. Communism is a disease, a disease that the illegitimate communist government in Spain is trying to diffuse in Europe. They tried to overthrow the Portuguese government, , and they failed. They’re trying as well in France, but French are too intelligent to fall for this failed ideology. But it is a given they will go after us again in the future, nothing will stop them in their quest of diffusing their failed ideology.

In the Balkans, the Ottoman Empire just shamelessly declared war against Bulgaria. The Ottoman Empire is currently the major ally of the German Empire, and it absolutely causes no problem to them to let who has absolutely no problem with letting the Ottoman Empire invade countries where many christians live. They want to completely dominate Europe but they’re scared of us. The Ottoman Empire just tried to destroy the French economy with their oil embargo. And when I threatened to declare war against them, they backed down. They probably believed that France was still led by these incompetents that made us lose the last war against Germany, by  those "all talk, no action" politicians, but I just proved them they’re wrong !

Considering the  bellicose nature of our enemies, it is imperative to destroy our enemies before they try to destroy us. That’s why the Spanish communist government must be overthrown at all cost. France (OOC : and Italy as well) hereby declares war against the Spanish communist government. Liberating Spain from the communists will not be easy, but is a necessity to prevent them from trying to destroy our great country.

God bless you and bless France

(OOC: Is War accepted? Can I sent the war moves tomorrow? (don't have tonight)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 03:25:07 PM »

Territorial waters of the Ottoman Empire and the Kingdom of Hejaz are closed for any ships from or to Italy.

/-/ Ahmed Djemal Pasha
Minister of the Navy and Commander of Constantinople.
OOC: What the hell is Kingdom of Hejaz???
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 04:04:45 AM »

The German Empire does not anticipate any hostilities against the Magray Republic.

While we share the British concerns about escalation, we must correct an obvious error. The German Empire joined the hostilities after Greece and Serbia broke the peace by declaring war on our Ottoman and Romanian allies. Diplomatic commitments must be honored, since we would expect our friends to act the same way, if the war was declared on us.

The German Empire, in accordance with the Ottoman Empire, wants to show good will and proposed the immediate ceasefire between our alliance and Greece and Serbia, so our relations can return to states quo antebellum without futher complication.

As of the Italian statement, given their own share in provoking the Iberian crisis, we shall have no futher comment.

(Somewhat leaked to the media: German Foreign Ministry manages to convince the Ottomans to lift remaining oil restrictions on the Magray Republic. Statement is expected shortly)
But if the Ottoman Empire and Germany truly wanted peace,
May I ask why they're not proposing a ceasefire with Bulgaria as well?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 04:25:59 AM »

Bulgaria provoked the crisis and the Ottoman Empire had every right to defend their straits against such terrorist actions. It is in interest of the entire Europe that these facilities will remain open.

We might have asked about the French involvement in Spain, but we think there's no constructive point in bringing both Spain and Bulgaria, when we are discussing Hungary,
If I read correctly, both Italy, the United Kingdom and Hungary are expressing concerns about the recent actions of Germany and the Ottoman Empire in the Balkans, and that includes Bulgaria.

Bulgaria never attacked the Ottoman Empire, France is willing to mediate if necessary in order to end the conflicts, the conflicts in all the Balkans.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 04:40:24 AM »

Bulgaria provoked the crisis and the Ottoman Empire had every right to defend their straits against such terrorist actions. It is in interest of the entire Europe that these facilities will remain open.

We might have asked about the French involvement in Spain, but we think there's no constructive point in bringing both Spain and Bulgaria, when we are discussing Hungary,
If I read correctly, both Italy, the United Kingdom and Hungary are expressing concerns about the recent actions of Germany and the Ottoman Empire in the Balkans, and that includes Bulgaria.

Bulgaria never attacked the Ottoman Empire, France is willing to mediate if necessary in order to end the conflicts, the conflicts in all the Balkans.

And Spain haven't directly attacked France either. Bulgaria might not have "directly" attacked the Ottoman Empire, but their failed secret operations within the straits are more than enough for any power to react.
If I recall correctly, you did try to mediate between Italy and Spain. Why not letting mediation between Bulgaria and the Ottoman Empire? Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2016, 05:07:22 AM »

France would like to reiterate that it would back any initiative his friends from Russia, the UK or Italy would have in mind regarding the Balkan crisis.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »

France would like to reiterate that it would back any initiative his friends from Russia, the UK or Italy would have in mind regarding the Balkan crisis.

With all due respect, France, Italy or the Russian Provisional Government have displayed unwarranted hostility toward Germany and the Ottoman Empire, so we can't see them as constructive force in calming down tensions in the Balkans.

London notes with interest that the Ottoman Diplomatic Service does not appear to rule out the prospect of British arbitration. We have a long and varied history with the Sublime Porte and feel that despite recent enmities, we can provide a model of realistic, hard-headed co-operation on this matter, should other parties desire. Signed for the Cabinet, Leo Amery
As I said,
I'm willing to back any initiatives made by countries which are friendly to France, and that includes obviously the United Kingdom.
If the United Kingdom manages to successfully to make a ceasefire happen everywhere in the Balkans, France is obviously willing to back this initiative!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2016, 11:45:06 AM »

The British-Ottoman relations went off the wrong start at the beginning of this century, with two wars fought between us. These were sad times and we are likewise resolved not to let these sad times return in our relations.
OOC: You mean when Spamage  (playing the UK) destroyed your country by mounting a coalition of basically everyone against you? And that in the end you took your revenge by convincing the USA, Germany to go war against them? Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »

I would like to remind you that Italy and Spain did accept the German mediation. I would be glad you could accept the English mediation as well, something you haven't accepted yet!

And by the way, is the communist accusing France of being corrupted by royalists and asking mediation from the United Kingdom? Hahahahahaha
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 02:59:30 PM »

I would like to remind you that Italy and Spain did accept the German mediation. I would be glad you could accept the English mediation as well, something you haven't accepted yet!

And we would like to remind you you show no willingness to work a solution out, as evident by German statement which side sabotaged the talks.

The Ottoman Empire invited the United Kingdom to put forward their proposals. Unlike France and Italy, that set their minds on intervene in Spain from day one, we don't rule anything out that can constructively and satisfactory end the crisis.

(OOC: war on words in fun, right guys?)

Is the Ottoman Empire saying that if the United Kingdom proposes a complete ceasefire in the Balkans, they will accept it? If that's the case, I'm glad to hear it!

(OOC: oh yes I like it a lot!)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2016, 03:04:16 PM »

How about all powers, in interest of peace, agree on simultaneous ceasefire in the Balkans and in the Iberian Peninsula and hold a peace conference?
So you're saying you would be willing to cease fire completely???
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2016, 03:06:20 PM »

How about all powers, in interest of peace, agree on simultaneous ceasefire in the Balkans and in the Iberian Peninsula and hold a peace conference?

Would you? Because neither Ottoman nor German Empires will accept diplomatic double standardsw.
I'm asking you the question first!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »

Would you? Because neither Ottoman nor German Empires will accept diplomatic double standardsw.

We are willing, if it goes both ways.
I truly didnt know that the Ottoman Empire is taking decisions based on what France does, I'm flattered!
My answer is yes, I will accept a ceasefire after communism is destroyed and plans to quit Spain intact.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2016, 03:42:22 PM »

We are willing, if it goes both ways.
I truly didnt know that the Ottoman Empire is taking decisions based on what France does, I'm flattered!
My answer is yes, I will accept a ceasefire after communism is destroyed and plans to quit Spain intact.

Well with this kind of approach we might said "we will accept a ceasefire after Bulgaria, Greece and Serbia are destroyed", but we'll stick to our original proposal.
The difference with you is that France doesnt plan to annex Spain. This is a war against communism not against Spain.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 01:42:55 PM »

Statement regarding Spain
France and Italy are committed to make sure the Alfonsists and the Carlists find a compromise that will satisfy both factions. We will not let Spain fall in another civil war and we plan to help the negotiations between the two sides.
We express as well our condoleances to former King Alfonso's family.

xPresident Laroque
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies