AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:03:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 45573 times)
Zenobiyl
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2022, 12:50:05 PM »

Except the GOP doesn’t want to improve early voting. They want it ended so the meme doesn’t work
From his perspective that is an improvement
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #426 on: July 13, 2022, 09:37:49 AM »

Mark Kelly raises $13.6M in Q2

https://twitter.com/anthonyadragna/status/1547211453991735296?s=21&t=Mfj_0XBpc-ss4xSKWtRLng
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #427 on: July 16, 2022, 07:46:15 AM »

and his opponents - yikes

Blake Masters - $827K
Jim Lamon - $1.2M ($1M of his own)
Mark Bronvich - $527K

https://twitter.com/JoshKraushaar/status/1548249380943118336
goin bezerk
Rookie
United States
« Reply #428 on: July 21, 2022, 11:59:13 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #429 on: July 22, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »

This is the guy who people think is prime to beat Kelly?

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #430 on: July 22, 2022, 07:50:22 PM »

To be fair, isn't that the standard GOP position now? Quite frankly, some Republican politicians like John Bennett have called for murdering Fauci.

Of course, that doesn't make it okay. It's appalling that a man who's done nothing but try to keep people safe during a pandemic is facing so many death threats. I'm just saying that this isn't an extreme position relative to other Republicans.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #431 on: July 22, 2022, 10:03:14 PM »

I really don’t know how he’s gonna run away from this stuff in the 2-3 months post primary
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #432 on: July 22, 2022, 10:35:08 PM »

Not like I’m saying any one statement will doom Masters, but it seems like he doesn’t even care about seeming electable in the GE.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #433 on: July 22, 2022, 10:39:54 PM »

Masters and Lake are losing anyways, I am watching MSNBC now, they won't win
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #434 on: July 22, 2022, 11:38:25 PM »

Not like I’m saying any one statement will doom Masters, but it seems like he doesn’t even care about seeming electable in the GE.

This is one of the huge differences between the 2018 and 2022 midterms and it's yet to see how it'll play out. In 2018 Democrats tried to run relatively moderate or at least mainstream Dems in most key races whereas Rs are running mostly loyalists.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #435 on: July 24, 2022, 11:22:28 AM »

Yes. He's still a better candidate than Oz and Walker
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #436 on: July 26, 2022, 07:56:28 PM »

Brnovich ran such a bad campaign it's hilarious. He might somehow still get second but I just don't see how he can win at this point. I will be voting for Blake Masters, he is a really smart guy and has potential to be a great senator. His messaging against Mark Kelly is already miles better than McSally's was, although tbf McSally was kind of doomed regardless.
Cyrusman
« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »

Brnovich ran such a bad campaign it's hilarious. He might somehow still get second but I just don't see how he can win at this point. I will be voting for Blake Masters, he is a really smart guy and has potential to be a great senator. His messaging against Mark Kelly is already miles better than McSally's was, although tbf McSally was kind of doomed regardless.

What makes Masters stronger than McSally and don’t you think Masters will turn off moderate Republicans in Maricopa county?
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2022, 08:03:29 PM »

What makes Masters stronger than McSally and don’t you think Masters will turn off moderate Republicans in Maricopa county?

Because McSally became a meme. If the first thing people know about you is 'lost two elections in two years' you don't have much room to redefine yourself.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2022, 08:29:03 PM »

Because McSally became a meme. If the first thing people know about you is 'lost two elections in two years' you don't have much room to redefine yourself.

That doesn't explain her losses though. When she ran in 2018 she hadn't lost at all and when she lost in 2020 she only lost once.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2022, 08:34:29 PM »

That doesn't explain her losses though. When she ran in 2018 she hadn't lost at all and when she lost in 2020 she only lost once.

Oddly, she lost both races by almost the exact same margin in percentage terms.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2022, 09:34:27 PM »

Martha McSally's campaign was a complete desperation play. She was mailing out Mark Kelly space station CCP motion cards, I wanted her to win but it was pure desperation and anyone could tell. Mark Kelly had no voting record too, so it was really hard to attack him. What made matters worse, is that she literally lost the 2018 Senate race and was appointed to the office just weeks later. There is no real incumbent advantage if you were appointed to the position.

Now that Kelly has an actual record, (and it isn't a moderate one), it is much easier to attack him especially with inflation out of control and a border crisis happening. Masters also brings his own ideas to the table (being able to raise a family with a single income). As for the suburbs, he hasn't really said anything that extreme. Most people do not like Fauci, illegal immigrants, crime. His comments might be a bit rough, but these are the same suburbs that elected Trump in 2016 and barely voted Biden in 2020, it's not like he is running in NOVA.

Her 2018 campaign wasn't that bad, I think she would have won if it was a better year for the GOP. Sinema had an iffy record in the past and McSally's ads focused on her military career. In 2020 though it just fell apart for her.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2022, 08:26:26 AM »

Martha McSally's campaign was a complete desperation play. She was mailing out Mark Kelly space station CCP motion cards, I wanted her to win but it was pure desperation and anyone could tell. Mark Kelly had no voting record too, so it was really hard to attack him. What made matters worse, is that she literally lost the 2018 Senate race and was appointed to the office just weeks later. There is no real incumbent advantage if you were appointed to the position.

Now that Kelly has an actual record, (and it isn't a moderate one), it is much easier to attack him especially with inflation out of control and a border crisis happening. Masters also brings his own ideas to the table (being able to raise a family with a single income). As for the suburbs, he hasn't really said anything that extreme. Most people do not like Fauci, illegal immigrants, crime. His comments might be a bit rough, but these are the same suburbs that elected Trump in 2016 and barely voted Biden in 2020, it's not like he is running in NOVA.

Her 2018 campaign wasn't that bad, I think she would have won if it was a better year for the GOP. Sinema had an iffy record in the past and McSally's ads focused on her military career. In 2020 though it just fell apart for her.

But the AZ suburbs are still trending blue, aren't they? And Masters is easily more extreme than McSally ever was.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2022, 08:54:56 AM »

If he loses its going to be because of privatizing SS.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #444 on: July 29, 2022, 12:23:33 PM »

It is looking more and more that this is a race similar to Ohio and Pennsylvania where it is a divided field, and the winner will probably get in the 30-40% range.
MargieCat
United States

« Reply #445 on: July 29, 2022, 01:49:04 PM »

I just got back from Scottsdale 2 days ago.

From the telelvison ads and street signs, it seems like Brnovich is not even in the race. Lots of commercials and signs for Lamon, Masters, and McGuire.

Brnovich did not attend the most recent debate either. It's like his campaign just went dormant.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: July 29, 2022, 01:56:18 PM »

Brown wasn't at 50 percent in 2012 he was polling like Ryan and he wound up winning 52/46
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: July 29, 2022, 01:59:52 PM »

Survey USA 10/29/12 Brown 46/41 v Josh Mandel and now it's Ryan 46/41 v Vance, I don't think Ryan is gonna win by 6 but 51/49

Users must remember there are 300 K Provision ballots especially in OH in 2004 Kerry cut a 300 K Bush W lead to 150K with Edwards if it was GEPHARDT he would of closed it

GEPHARDT, Clark, Strickland and Ryan are pragmatism
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #448 on: July 29, 2022, 02:53:11 PM »

Masters continues with the 2020 election denying.

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #449 on: July 29, 2022, 07:00:39 PM »

The NYT smearjob continues against Blake.

Apparently calling out Democrats for encouraging illegal immigration is now a white supremacist stance.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies