AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 06:43:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33
Author Topic: AZ-SEN 2022 Megathread: Mastering the Art of the Thiel  (Read 45839 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: April 18, 2022, 09:54:11 PM »

Masters endorsement coming soon.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #301 on: April 18, 2022, 10:44:13 PM »

Masters endorsement coming soon.

Yeah. I know people are saying "Masters is polling badly", but so was Vance. Both Vance and Masters have had internal polls showing them tied for 1st and Trump has clearly indicated he likes both of them. Masters also has C4G and Thiel on his side (and has been by far the best fundraiser out of the GOP field there) and has not spent much so far so when it comes closer to the election it would be hard to see him lose.
Trump will endorse Masters soon.
Neo-Malthusian Misanthrope
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2022, 10:29:12 AM »

Saw this today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/23/mark-brnovich-election-senate/

If it's is anything to go by, I suppose Brno is trying to square the circle and will likely come up short. Also who the hell is Jim Lamon? He's polling well.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2022, 11:25:02 AM »

Saw this today: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/23/mark-brnovich-election-senate/

If it's is anything to go by, I suppose Brno is trying to square the circle and will likely come up short. Also who the hell is Jim Lamon? He's polling well.
Jim Lamon is CEO of a large solar panel company in Arizona. I believe he was one of those “alternate electors” for Arizona in 2020, and seems to have a more solid base than Masters. I generally think Masters or Brnovich would be the better candidate in this race, but y’ never know.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2022, 11:41:31 AM »

Jim Lamon is CEO of a large solar panel company in Arizona. I believe he was one of those “alternate electors” for Arizona in 2020, and seems to have a more solid base than Masters. I generally think Masters or Brnovich would be the better candidate in this race, but y’ never know.
I don't think Lamon has much of a solid base. The reason he's been gaining in polls is because he's spending tens of millions flooding Arizona airwaves with his ads. Like Gibbons in Ohio, that sort of support is not "hard" support.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2022, 12:02:33 PM »

Trump would be a fool to endorse Masters, he's probably the weakest candidate to run against Kelly.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2022, 05:41:27 PM »

Trump would be a fool to endorse Masters, he's probably the weakest candidate to run against Kelly.

That would go to Lamon.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2022, 05:58:33 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

Lamon honestly should've waited for 2024. Look at the race now, yeah its pretty clear that Brnovich was gonna collapse the longer the primary went on. Instead of fighting an expensive primary battle, letting Masters take this one and moving to run either for Senate or for a House seat if Biggs or Gosar ran. That would've been a far less expensive primary battle, Ducey would be disgraced and Brnovich would be a loser who dropped the ball. Sadly though, he foolishly put all his eggs in one basket and will wind up with nothing to show for it.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2022, 07:17:06 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

Eh, I kinda think Lamon is as “generic R” as possible. He has less baggage than Masters, IMO, and hasn’t done everything to please no one like Brno.
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2022, 07:34:38 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

Eh, I kinda think Lamon is as “generic R” as possible. He has less baggage than Masters, IMO, and hasn’t done everything to please no one like Brno.
I think Masters is a smarter campaigner and has a higher chance of winning than Lamon. Lamon seems like he could falter if Kelly runs a good campaign.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2022, 11:19:09 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

Masters has no baggage.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #311 on: April 25, 2022, 08:32:41 AM »

Hawley endorses Masters:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/25/hawley-endorses-masters-arizona-senate-00027415
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #312 on: April 25, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »

Who cares about Josh Hawle, the reason why Kelly stands a chance is Lake, Ducey beat Garcia by a Landslide in 2018 and Rs still lost and Lake is UNDERPOLLING Katie Hobbs in the Gov race that's why the AZ GOzp isn't that good without Ducey y
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #313 on: April 25, 2022, 10:05:32 AM »

No surprises there. Masters and Vance would be Hawley's biggest allies in the Senate if elected.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #314 on: April 25, 2022, 10:15:54 AM »

That would go to Lamon.

Masters has no baggage.

Masters is a Thiel-backed conspiracy theorist.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #315 on: April 25, 2022, 01:37:33 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

Masters has no baggage.

Aren't most Republicans Thiel-backed conspiracy theorists?
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #316 on: April 25, 2022, 02:12:10 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

I think Masters is a smarter campaigner and has a higher chance of winning than Lamon. Lamon seems like he could falter if Kelly runs a good campaign.
I agree. Even though Blake Masters is an insurrectionist, he is running a very strong campaign and is positioning himself as a more moderate Republican more aligned with Theodore Roosevelt, Dwight Eisenhower, Richard Nixon, and Gerald Ford when compared to Mark Brnovich, who is a throwback to the old Reagan-era Republican establishment.
Respect and Compassion
United States

« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2022, 03:17:46 PM »

That would go to Lamon.

Masters has no baggage.

The issue is that a large enough chunk of the nonpartisan electorate in Arizona might just see him as a "good enough check on Biden" rather than a Thiel-backed conspiracy theorist. A lot of voters are willing to vote for a Big Lie supporter as long as such candidates assuage their concerns enough on the issues they care about. Unfortunately, many Democrats will have to witness the truth of this come November.

Blake Masters seems like someone who can slick talk nonpartisan voters on multiple issues other than the 2020 election. There is no indication he's going to spend the general election cycle entirely focusing on it. Sadly at this point I may rate the Masters vs Kelly race as 'Lean Masters.' I am also expecting Masters to win the primary, so I won't even bother speculating on Brnovich's chances or Lamon's chances.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #318 on: May 03, 2022, 09:33:46 PM »

With another Thiel-backed populist who was in third prior to a Trump endorsement winning his race, I think it's a given Trump will endorse Masters now.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #319 on: May 03, 2022, 11:23:26 PM »

With another Thiel-backed populist who was in third prior to a Trump endorsement winning his race, I think it's a given Trump will endorse Masters now.
I think Trump probably waits to see how Pennsylvania, Georgia, and North Carolina play out before endorsing here, but yeah today was a big win for his endorsement game.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #320 on: May 03, 2022, 11:29:36 PM »

I think Trump probably waits to see how Pennsylvania, Georgia, and North Carolina play out before endorsing here, but yeah today was a big win for his endorsement game.
Walker and Budd are locks. Perdue is almost certainly not even making the runoff. Pennsylvania is a tossup.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2022, 03:14:00 AM »

Walker and Budd are locks. Perdue is almost certainly not even making the runoff. Pennsylvania is a tossup.

Yeah, the only race that he should focus on now is Pennsylvania. Do a rally or two for & with Oz leading up to the Primary. McCrory committed political suicide with his ad against Budd and Walker is a juggernaut in the primary. If Oz wins, then he endorses Masters in the weeks leading up to August 2nd, likely Mid-Late July.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2022, 04:07:20 AM »

Yeah, the only race that he should focus on now is Pennsylvania. Do a rally or two for & with Oz leading up to the Primary. McCrory committed political suicide with his ad against Budd and Walker is a juggernaut in the primary. If Oz wins, then he endorses Masters in the weeks leading up to August 2nd, likely Mid-Late July.
According to an article I read (and usually Trumpworld sources are pretty reliable), Trump was waiting to see how Ohio went down before committing to going all-in on campaigning for his Senate picks. Now that he won, Trump feels more confident in placing his reputation on the line to campaign more for them.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2022, 04:19:25 AM »

According to an article I read (and usually Trumpworld sources are pretty reliable), Trump was waiting to see how Ohio went down before committing to going all-in on campaigning for his Senate picks. Now that he won, Trump feels more confident in placing his reputation on the line to campaign more for them.

I still do think he waits to see if Oz wins before moving in on Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arizona. Oz is his biggest test
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2022, 04:38:29 AM »

I still do think he waits to see if Oz wins before moving in on Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arizona. Oz is his biggest test
I hope he endorses in Oklahoma soon, but I hope he doesn't just endorse frontrunner Mullin just because he voted to overturn, he's a RINO on most issues and someone like Gray, Dahm or even Shannon would be better (basically any other candidate apart from Holland).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies