Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:37:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 ... 284
Author Topic: Virginia Mega Thread: The Youngkin Administration  (Read 347771 times)
Spectator
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3775 on: November 02, 2021, 02:37:42 PM »

Everyone is freaking out over high turnout relative to 2017 and 2020 when neither of those were competitive races and this clearly is.

false. This is a close race. Not a competitive race. The difference is that in a competitive race, the winner is in doubt. The winner is not in doubt in this race.

go on...

This race is Safe D and always was. Don't let McAuliffe's embarrassingly small win fool anyone into thinking it was ever winnable for Youngkin.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #3776 on: November 02, 2021, 02:38:14 PM »

Everyone is freaking out over high turnout relative to 2017 and 2020 when neither of those were competitive races and this clearly is.

false. This is a close race. Not a competitive race. The difference is that in a competitive race, the winner is in doubt. The winner is not in doubt in this race.

Except it is.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3777 on: November 02, 2021, 02:38:35 PM »

go on...

This race is Safe D and always was. Don't let McAuliffe's embarrassingly small win fool anyone into thinking it was ever winnable for Youngkin.

Thank you.  Been saying this for days.  I figured you were going there but wanted to see you complete the thought.  
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3778 on: November 02, 2021, 02:38:45 PM »

The coal mines don’t close until later in the day. Except those Buchanan numbers to surge as the coal miners take off their hard hats and replace them with MAGA hats.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3779 on: November 02, 2021, 02:38:58 PM »

Except it is.

It's really not though...
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3780 on: November 02, 2021, 02:39:53 PM »

Apparently Richmond is currently at 85% of its 2017 turnout.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3781 on: November 02, 2021, 02:40:10 PM »

Each Tuesday after the first Monday in November I come to hate the fact the US six to nine hours behind Europe and not vise versa, so you can never watch election results live without staying up all night. If at least election day was a Saturday. I just stay up in presidential elections.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3782 on: November 02, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »

The coal mines don’t close until later in the day. Except those Buchanan numbers to surge as the coal miners take off their hard hats and replace them with MAGA hats.
The memes don't get any better than this, folks.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3783 on: November 02, 2021, 02:41:57 PM »

Best post in this 150 page thread
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3784 on: November 02, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »

One thing that is becoming clear at this point is that Youngkin is not getting the precipitous Democratic turnout collapse that he likely needs.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #3785 on: November 02, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »

One thing that is becoming clear at this point is that Youngkin is not getting the precipitous Democratic turnout collapse that he likely needs.

My doomer premonition is Youngkin doing unexpectedly well in NoVa like Miami-Dade.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3786 on: November 02, 2021, 02:43:27 PM »

Best post in this 150 page thread
I unrecommended it so that I could recommend it twice.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #3787 on: November 02, 2021, 02:44:22 PM »

My doomer premonition is Youngkin doing unexpectedly well in NoVa like Miami-Dade.

Certainly a possibility - and something that likely now needs to happen for a Youngkin victory.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3788 on: November 02, 2021, 02:45:44 PM »

Certainly a possibility - and something that likely now needs to happen for a Youngkin victory.

Chuck Todd said he thinks Youngkin needs to win 15% of Biden voters to have a shot.  I just don't see that happening.  I could see mayyyybe 7 or 8%.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3789 on: November 02, 2021, 02:46:33 PM »

I think biggest surprise to me of the year is that Biden really is not having the negative impact on Dem turnout that media said he would

Unlike Obama Biden simply does not even seem to be a factor when it comes to Dem's turnring out to vote

At first when it happened in California I just thought it was a fluke because, of course the Dems were going to come out and vote against someone like Larry elders, but the fact the they are once again coming out to vote in Virginia now makes is clear to me that Joe Biden is not killing Dem enthusiasm for voting at all. If this continues than the 2022 midterms may end up playing out a lot differently than what I originally thought.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3790 on: November 02, 2021, 02:46:57 PM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #3791 on: November 02, 2021, 02:48:00 PM »

It is obnoxious how much disproportionate attention Virginia gets, much like Iowa and the caucuses, despite really not even being interesting politically.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #3792 on: November 02, 2021, 02:48:49 PM »

I think biggest surprise to me of the year is that Biden really is not having the negative impact on Dem turnout that media said he would

Unlike Obama Biden simply does not even seem to be a factor when it comes to Dem's turnring out to vote

At first when it happened in California I just thought it was a fluke because, of course the Dems were going to come out and vote against someone like Larry elders, but the fact the they are once again coming out to vote in Virginia now makes is clear to me that Joe Biden is not killing Dem enthusiasm for voting at all. If this continues than the 2022 midterms may end up playing out a lot differently than what I originally thought.

sign of the times realignment
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3793 on: November 02, 2021, 02:49:13 PM »

If my math is correct, Fairfax just hit 380,000 votes, which means it has surpassed its total 2017 vote.

If this starts inching close to 500,000... I won't say it.
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #3794 on: November 02, 2021, 02:50:43 PM »

This is my premonition too but it's also exactly how many, many of us felt before 2017. Ed Gillespie had won Loudoun in 2014 and seemed perfect to regain ground in NoVA. And then the returns came in, and I'll never forget this Nate Cohn tweet.

Sometimes our premonitions are right. Sometimes a vocal class of center-right Northern Virginia politicos and lobbyists drive a narrative (MS-13, CRT?) that doesn't actually materialize. We'll see in a couple hours.
Buzz

« Reply #3795 on: November 02, 2021, 02:51:06 PM »

Biden just told audience in Scotland that he thinks T-Mac will win.
what exactly do you expect him to say lmao
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #3796 on: November 02, 2021, 02:51:35 PM »

Its thread like this, in which poster after poster falls all over themselves to validate Griff's Patented Election Day Hysteria Generator which assure me that nothing ever changes and all is well.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3797 on: November 02, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »

It is obnoxious how much disproportionate attention Virginia gets, much like Iowa and the caucuses, despite really not even being interesting politically.

Proximity to the DC media + off year elections + competitive races do wonders for coverage.

If NJ was still a swing states like in the 80s/90s it would receive a ton of attention too
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3798 on: November 02, 2021, 02:51:53 PM »

Biden just told audience in Scotland that he thinks T-Mac will win.
what exactly do you expect him to say lmao

To not raise expectations when he's not directly asked???  
Spectator
United States

« Reply #3799 on: November 02, 2021, 02:53:21 PM »

Proximity to the DC media + off year elections + competitive races do wonders for coverage.

If NJ was still a swing states like in the 80s/90s it would receive a ton of attention too

It's not.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 ... 284  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies