The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 12:25:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 172817 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: October 26, 2020, 12:40:30 PM »

The risk and reward points to the reward of opening up the economy and facing the reality that some of our oldest won't make it. It is less damaging and less painful to do what Trump wants then to close to economy down for the next 2 years.

It is insane to close the economy down any longer. People die. It is sad but it is life.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #451 on: October 27, 2020, 12:51:04 AM »

This quarantine period without the innovations created by these billionaires may have fully collapsed American society, and ol' Breadline Bernie's response is to institute an unconstitutional punitive tax/bill of attainder. America dodged a bullet in that primary twice.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #452 on: October 27, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »

They haven’t polled the Miami-Dade districts where Biden is doing 15 points worse than HRC.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #453 on: October 27, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »

Many Democrats are agitating against this amendment, because it will block them from implementing a Dem gerrymander. I can understand the sentiment.

"Turnabout is fair play, and it's not like the GOP is going to stop gerrymandering Texas and other states they can control. This sort of unilateral disarmament would be foolish."

But they're not making that sensible political argument, they're making the absurd case that voting for the amendment would just make gerrymandering worse. They're saying the Republicans on the commission would just sabotage the map drawing, and allow the state supreme court to draw the map. Because so many of the justices were appointed by the Republican legislature, they would just draw another Republican gerrymander.

Personally, this argument does not hold water for me. Even in these partisan times we live in, the appointed justices are going to behave like legal professionals, not politicians in robes. Especially since so many of them were non-controversial appointees who got near-unanimous support from the legislature.

You can't predict these things scientifically, but I think most voters will see the sensible-sounding language and vote yes. I certainly hope so, so we can be done with these awful district lines.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #454 on: October 28, 2020, 05:39:07 AM »

200 weeks between 2016 and 2020: No riots in Philly.
Last week before election: Riots in Philly.
If you don't think this is a CIA psyop by now, nothing will convince you. ShadowOfTheWave: you're being manipulated.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #455 on: October 30, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »

This quarantine period without the innovations created by these billionaires may have fully collapsed American society, and ol' Breadline Bernie's response is to institute an unconstitutional punitive tax/bill of attainder. America dodged a bullet in that primary twice.

Comparing a wealth tax to a Bill of Attainder. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #456 on: October 30, 2020, 12:37:16 PM »

The U.S. bombed a pair of weddings in 2008.  One was a mistake and killed 47 civilians.  The other killed 37 civilians but also killed 26 insurgents.

And yet people today, 12 years later, still act like that's the sum of all U.S. foreign policy.  It's been over a decade since we bombed a wedding.  And bombing a wedding full of innocent civilians is a thing that only happened once.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #457 on: November 02, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »

Can we bring back the guillotine just for the Lieberman’s (and Tarver)?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #458 on: November 03, 2020, 11:40:17 AM »

Pretty sure Christopher Hitchens took the worst possible position on every single issue. See his take on women in comedy for a great video.

It was true and you know it lol.

Women don't have to put on a show generally, they are the show, as it were.

I would give the context of what Hitchens said, but I think the last sentence alone demonstrates a monstrous degree of sexism.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #459 on: November 03, 2020, 02:31:13 PM »

This brings me back. There were a lot of people on the left who wouldn't mind seeing old Joe's head in a wicker basket, a tradition going all the way back to like 2005ish.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #460 on: November 03, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »

OMFG 10 months out and you guys are still pushing COVID.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #461 on: November 03, 2020, 07:55:23 PM »

They haven’t polled the Miami-Dade districts where Biden is doing 15 points worse than HRC.
LOL, you prob deserve  the naming here Tongue

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #462 on: November 04, 2020, 12:14:28 AM »

I'm going to assume if Biden wins, it's just going to be more gridlock since the GOP is going to keep the Senate most likely?

So the climate is fcked, is what you're saying.

Well, we're all f***ed! Which is just what happens when you grant stupid people the right to vote. How can you expect them to decipher the true nature of empirical reality?! Not possible. You need to start viewing them as animals, and act accordingly.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #463 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:55 AM »

I'm going to assume if Biden wins, it's just going to be more gridlock since the GOP is going to keep the Senate most likely?

So the climate is fcked, is what you're saying.

Well, we're all f***ed! Which is just what happens when you grant stupid people the right to vote. How can you expect them to decipher the true nature of empirical reality?! Not possible. You need to start viewing them as animals, and act accordingly.

what are any of us, really, but animals who fail to understand the true nature of empirical reality?
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #464 on: November 05, 2020, 11:41:48 AM »

Regardless of how this turns out I am so done with this country after last night. For an open white supremacist to almost win re-election because Blacks and Latinos voted for him should show you that we really are the land of the stupid and the home of the uneducated.

One of the most out and out racist sentiments I have ever seen posted on the forum.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »

Read my lips:

size=20pt The Republicans are not going to win IA-2. Anyone who says otherwise is either a dumbass, someone who doesn't live in Iowa, or someone who wants to sell you an agenda./size

Oof, I guess we should've known this was incorrect when you uttered the iconic "Read my lips" my good friend! Wink

It doesn’t weight for education, for god’s sake.

Why on earth are people giving this poll ANY consideration then, considering the big talking point is that was what caused 2016's error.

This should've been obvious at the time since weighting for education was about finding hidden non-college people.

Oh hey now.  Just seeing this.

I guess all the other polls of Iowa are wrong, as well as the hundreds of other polls released just in the last month painting the exact opposite picture of this poll's demographic shifts.

Reminder that Selzer cancelled their own final pre-Iowa poll this year, and then the results were leaked and had Buttigieg in third place.

This poll is... just so bad. So Selzer found a steady race for the entire summer and early fall, and then it surges from a tied race in that time period (multiple times), to Biden suddenly .... crashing and losing 6/7% of his vote share?

Not to mention this is their final poll, and we're still seeing margins of 48/41, with 11% undecided/other, and 12% in the senate race. That's unacceptable. Also, we're talking like Hillary 2016 national margins if Trump is up by 7 here.

Also LOL at Biden going from a +12 lead with Indies last time to…. Trump with a +14 lead now? I mean people really can't be taking this seriously? Selzer is embarrassing themselves here.

I look forward to mocking Selzer in a few days

Do you now? So I guess that gives us full license to mock your complete stupidity and arrogance?

Acknowledging small sample sizes, my experience with phonebanking/canvassing tells me that "don't wanna tell you my vote" probably tilts towards older voters. I also suspect Trump has more support in that group than Biden.

Oddly, the only age group Biden is winning in this poll is 65+.

Selzer Time of Death of Reputation 7:30 PM EST 10/31/20

noob Time of Death of Reputation approx. 11:00 PM 11/3/20

And The Economist, when I cancel my subscription, will not be an enviable position either.

I won't even both cross-posting the stupid discussion on the age crosstabs, which showed ignorance at the time it was posted.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2020, 01:15:39 PM »

That selzer thread is a gold mine.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2020, 05:02:11 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 06:46:37 PM by whitesox130 »

Americans are inherently stupid and on top of that uneducated.
This whole practice of calling people who don’t support your preferred political candidates or policies some negative quality (generally either stupid, bigoted, or both) can go away anytime now.

And in case you think this is just limited to liberals:

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2020, 07:04:07 PM »

Americans are inherently stupid and on top of that uneducated.
This whole practice of calling people who don’t support your preferred political candidates or policies some negative quality (generally either stupid, bigoted, or both) can go away anytime now.

And in case you think this is just limited to liberals:

Nazis were left-wing.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2020, 07:18:49 PM »

If you’re a Democrat and are faux-raging about Trump (rightly) alleging a stolen election, then please shut up about George W. Bush 2000, and Trump 2016. Thanks.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2020, 08:06:28 PM »

I think Trump will concede. If I was him, and what he would do if he didn't want to concede, would be to hold rallies claiming himself as the legitimate leader, calling any Republican who disagreed "traitors" and calling on his supporters to rally against anyone supporting validity of mail-in votes.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2020, 09:44:13 PM »

Should Biden be elected President (a loathsome outcome that, of course, is quite possible), I would hope that they would provide the most stringent resistance to everything Biden does ever.

The Republican Senate should refuse to commit to appoint a single Biden nominee or act on a single Biden initiative.  It should impose uber-gridlock on our government until Biden does the following:

1.  Make a statement explicitly condemning Black Lives Matter and Antifa by name.  Such a statement would unequivocally point out that it is THOSE organizations SPECIFICALLY that have been responsible for the criminal violence, and that he recognizes (and is grieved by) the fact that the people in the streets that were rioting overwhelmingly voted for HIM.  Such a statement would need to state that it is NEVER permissible to riot, to damage buildings, to harass people on the street and in their homes, to pull down public monuments (no matter how offensive one may find them), to block traffic, etc.  Such a statement should emphasize that it does not make it OK that people were doing this to "fight racism" or "bring about change".  And Biden needs to include in his statement both an apology for not making such a firm statement earlier and a refuting of Kamala Harris's statements to the effect that the demonstrations need to continue.  (And, yes, he must repudiate his own VP here; he can get around this by pointing out that she made this particular idiotic statement before he foolishly concluded that she was the best person to succeed him should he kick the bucket or be consigned to a rest home for the senile.)  Joe can still read a teleprompter; he can do this.

2.  Call for a Special Prosecutor to investigate the interference into President Trump's 2016 campaign and transition, focusing on Comey, Brennan, etc.  The interference and spying on Trump's 2016 campaign is indefensible and Biden (who, of course, has nothing to hide) ought to be totally comfortable in appointing such a Special Prosecutor.  (After all, President Biden will certainly want to get to the real truth of that matter, won't he?)

3.  Announce that as long as he is President, seminars and trainings based on Critical Race Theory, the works of Robin DeAngelo, etc. will not be permitted to be used in any Federal employment or in the military or Federal Law Enforcement.

4.  Announce a pardon of Michael Flynn, together with a statement that his indictment was a travesty and should never have happened.

5.  Apologize to Trump Supporters for Hillary calling them "Deplorables" and himself calling them "Chumps".  Specifically recognize that they are overwhelmingly hardworking and decent people, with whom he may disagree, but whom do not deserve the treatment they have received in the media, by much of Hollywood, and by others in the Democratic Party.

This much should be the minimum for Joe Biden to be able to do business with the GOP Senate.  Most of this involves little more than swallowing his pride.  Then again, if Joe Biden had any pride, he would have admitted to himself he wasn't up to the job of being President and wouldn't have run.
omar04

« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2020, 09:57:07 PM »

Most of you guys mocked me for months and said it wouldn't be a close race. Not until is it close Trump has a chance of winning and I would argue a good chance of winning. Az and Nv are def a good possibility and GA is looking good. If it ends up coming down to PA it could be in the courts where Trump has a great chance.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #473 on: November 06, 2020, 02:00:44 AM »
« Edited: November 11, 2020, 06:52:39 AM by Virginiá »

Yeah... I’m starting to wonder if there was some kind of organized manipulation of this poll by Trump supporters somehow.

Here's more gems from that Iowa thread.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #474 on: November 07, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »

Disgusting, reprobate human being. War monger, neoliberal Randian, anti-white racist, ect.

Famous Ayn Rand acolyte Joe Biden LMAO
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies