BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:13:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?  (Read 20734 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: May 30, 2020, 10:40:38 PM »

I'm seeing more anger towards Trump and his lack of leadership. It's hard to do a "law and order" campaign when you are the "law and order."

If you guys think people will elect anyone who gives a voice to those destroying the cities, you're crazy.

They shouldn't have their voices heard. I was raised that spoiled children having tantrums don't get their way.

"Spoiled children having tantrums" is a really ed up and racist way to refer to black people asking cops to stop murdering them

You do realize that rioters have seriously injured numerous people already?  many of the victims not being cops at all.  I have yet to see a single Democratic politician denounce these acts of violence. 

Bill de Blasio of all people is doing so as we speak.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #226 on: May 30, 2020, 10:46:58 PM »

We have one dumpster fire thread like this already.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #227 on: May 30, 2020, 10:52:57 PM »

I certainly think that these riots will have an impact on the election, though it's too early to say who will benefit (though I'm personally doubtful that Trump will) or to what extent. Coronavirus is undoubtedly going to have a larger effect, but I see coronavirus and these riots as being linked together. The riots probably would have happened regardless of coronavirus, but the turmoil of the past two months has certainly exacerbated them.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #228 on: May 30, 2020, 10:53:48 PM »

I'm seeing more anger towards Trump and his lack of leadership. It's hard to do a "law and order" campaign when you are the "law and order."
Poetic.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #229 on: May 30, 2020, 10:54:40 PM »

I am interested in whether Washington County will now vote for Trump. I feel that county would be a prime target for Trump's campaign now if they go the "law and order" route.

Trump is in charge right now! How's the "law and order" going? Most people are crying out for someone to bring people together, that's not Trump.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #230 on: May 30, 2020, 10:57:23 PM »

If you guys think people will elect anyone who gives a voice to those destroying the cities, you're crazy.

They shouldn't have their voices heard. I was raised that spoiled children having tantrums don't get their way.

"Spoiled children having tantrums" is a really ed up and racist way to refer to black people asking cops to stop murdering them

You do realize that rioters have seriously injured numerous people already?  many of the victims not being cops at all.  I have yet to see a single Democratic politician denounce these acts of violence.  

This is stunning, and I am saying that someone who plans to vote for Joe Biden.  This board is becoming so far outside of the mainstream its insane.

You apparently filter your information through an incredibly narrow window, because I've seen tons of condemnation from Democrats regarding the violence.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #231 on: May 30, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »

You do realize that rioters have seriously injured numerous people already?  many of the victims not being cops at all.  I have yet to see a single Democratic politician denounce these acts of violence.  

This is stunning, and I am saying that someone who plans to vote for Joe Biden.  This board is becoming so far outside of the mainstream its insane.

You apparently filter your information through an incredibly narrow window, because I've seen tons of condemnation from Democrats regarding the violence.

The Mayor of Atlanta is an excellent example of this. Hers is the response that mayors throughout the country should be emulating.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #232 on: May 30, 2020, 11:09:40 PM »

The Mayor of Atlanta is an excellent example of this. Hers is the response that mayors throughout the country should be emulating.

I've been impressed by de Blasio and Lightfoot so far tonight too, and I say this as someone who normally dislikes both.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2020, 11:21:18 PM »

I intended to post a warning earlier and forgot so doing it now so I'll take some responsibility for the dumpster fire this evening.

I just had to delete like a dozen posts that didn't add any sort of dialouge and was redundant one liners in hopes of restoring sanity.
Didn't the left literally contradict everything they have said in the past 2 months about conservative protests of the shutdown by now showing no concern for covid-19 during these protests ? The level of their hypocrisy is staggering and the silence of democratic "leaders" of not condemning the rioters is deafening.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2020, 11:25:05 PM »

You do realize that rioters have seriously injured numerous people already?  many of the victims not being cops at all.  I have yet to see a single Democratic politician denounce these acts of violence. 

This is stunning, and I am saying that someone who plans to vote for Joe Biden.  This board is becoming so far outside of the mainstream its insane.
I agree. I am also stunned. The Democratic party has been taken over by the far left. It is stunning.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2020, 11:30:08 PM »

I intended to post a warning earlier and forgot so doing it now so I'll take some responsibility for the dumpster fire this evening.

I just had to delete like a dozen posts that didn't add any sort of dialouge and was redundant one liners in hopes of restoring sanity.
Didn't the left literally contradict everything they have said in the past 2 months about conservative protests of the shutdown by now showing no concern for covid-19 during these protests ? The level of their hypocrisy is staggering and the silence of democratic "leaders" of not condemning the rioters is deafening.
I’m not pleased that the riots are in contradiction to the necessary stay at home orders so in direct answer to your question yes. At this point the riots are far more than African Americans being upset over Floyd’s death though.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2020, 11:32:02 PM »

I’m not pleased that the riots are in contradiction to the necessary stay at home orders so in direct answer to your question yes. At this point the riots are far more than African Americans being upset over Floyd’s death though.

Yeah, you can blame the crazy overreaction by evil cops, white supremacists, anarchists and just general opportunists for the riots.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2020, 11:51:45 PM »

The level of their hypocrisy is staggering and the silence of democratic "leaders" of not condemning the rioters is deafening.

This is stunning, and I am saying that someone who plans to vote for Joe Biden.  This board is becoming so far outside of the mainstream its insane.

Except Dem leaders are condemning this though. But Fox isn't going to show it because it doesn't play into their narrative and CNN is too busy wetting themselves with glee that they have sensationalist stories such as this, coronavirus, and Trump all playing out at once to care.

You haven't been paying much attention if you ever thought this board was anything resembling mainstream--its populated mainly by political junkies and partisan hacks, as it should be.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #238 on: May 31, 2020, 12:19:47 AM »

I will say that as bad as trumps reaction to this has been.
It is nothing compared to some of the crazy and over the top stuff he was tweeting out in 2015

Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #239 on: May 31, 2020, 12:23:19 AM »

Exactly, people don't like seeing our cities and stores on fire and will vote for strength. Trump can expect a bump.
Trump does not represent strength for a majority of voters. Instead of trying to bring the country together he's further dividing it. He's using incendiary language like "when the looting starts the shooting starts". Dogwhistling at its finest.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #240 on: May 31, 2020, 12:24:05 AM »

I agree. I am also stunned. The Democratic party has been taken over by the far left. It is stunning.

It's insane. Sadly, some of the best posts (including some legitimate or even levity-based humor posts by myself) are being systematically deleted by moderators.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #241 on: May 31, 2020, 01:03:07 AM »

Nah, I think that even white people are starting to get fed up with the cops getting off scot-free every time they kill a person, which is a privilege that most people, including those who are law-abiding gun owners defending themselves and their families, do not have.  I can personally attest to the fact that police brutality affects white people as well.  People are sick of being bullied and murdered by jackboots and would rather police themselves.

White privilege does not exist. In reality outside of your urban bubble, whites reject the term.

What are you talking about, it does exist. Whites have certain advantages that minorities don't have.

No we don't lol. Name one.

You're not American, so I wouldn't expect you to understand racism in America.

Here's some of the ways that whites had advantages

1. POC are routinely killed by police over nothing, while violent whites are somehow arrested without issue.

2. Public schools with majority/significant POC numbers receive less funding because it's tied to property taxes, which is itself tied to the racism of redlining.

3. Racial wage gap

I could go on and on, but it's clear you're not actually here for a conversation.

Well said (especially #2)!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #242 on: May 31, 2020, 01:35:24 AM »

It's insane. Sadly, some of the best posts (including some legitimate or even levity-based humor posts by myself) are being systematically deleted by moderators.

If you have to say about yourself that you make "some of the best posts", it's not true.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #243 on: May 31, 2020, 09:27:13 AM »

It seems like this is now a legitimate concern among politicos:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/31/george-floyd-death-minnesota-political-landscape-290082
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #244 on: May 31, 2020, 09:29:27 AM »

I do think that if this does cause some kind of a backlash in the suburbs in the upper midwest (even a tiny one could be enough) then Biden might want to go all in on a Southern strategy: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and Arizona.  Basically look forward not back like Trump did with the upper midwest last time (while basically ignoring Virginia and Colorado). 
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2020, 09:40:43 AM »

First off, I can only speak about what I see and read from what comes up in my little bubble. Which is, most of the people are upset about what happened. But are livid about how the rioters are burning and destroying things.

Will this hurt Trump, in some areas. Will it help Trump, in some areas. I think this will just add to the great divide we see in our Nation. Honestly, I'm to the point where I view both Trump and Biden as part of the problem. Both parties need to clean house.

Also, while I'm on my high horse. Not all white people are racist. Not all black people are thugs. Not all Latinos are illegals. Not all Republicans are bigots. We need to stop listening to the media and our leaders that are using and pushing the divide between us.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2020, 09:53:33 AM »

I really don't buy the idea that riots escalating on Trump's watch are going to drive suburban moderates back into Republican's arms. If Trump was acting like a leader and attempting to unite the country, sure. But right now this is just another crisis Trump has failed to address.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2020, 10:05:39 AM »

First off, I can only speak about what I see and read from what comes up in my little bubble. Which is, most of the people are upset about what happened. But are livid about how the rioters are burning and destroying things.

Will this hurt Trump, in some areas. Will it help Trump, in some areas. I think this will just add to the great divide we see in our Nation. Honestly, I'm to the point where I view both Trump and Biden as part of the problem. Both parties need to clean house.

Also, while I'm on my high horse. Not all white people are racist. Not all black people are thugs. Not all Latinos are illegals. Not all Republicans are bigots. We need to stop listening to the media and our leaders that are using and pushing the divide between us.

How on earth is Biden a problem? He's not even in office right now. Trump actually inserted himself into the situation by saying that looters should be shot. Is Biden also responsible for the response to the pandemic because of "BOTH SIDES!"?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2020, 10:09:01 AM »

Also, this is more likely to drive up black voter turnout than anything else which is bad for Trump.
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »

How on earth is Biden a problem? He's not even in office right now. Trump actually inserted himself into the situation by saying that looters should be shot. Is Biden also responsible for the response to the pandemic because of "BOTH SIDES!"?

If you can't see how Biden is part of the problem then you will never see it.

Both parties use anger to drive up votes for them so they can win elections to push their gains and policies that make them richer and more powerful.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies