BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:38:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?  (Read 20725 times)
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2020, 08:26:35 PM »

It’s not going to hurt Dems in the suburbs.
We'll see. Theres rioters in dozens of cities.  This is not good. I guarantee you 90% of the country at least is against this. They're criminals not protesters. Trump is going to have to bring in the army.

If you think 90% of the country is against this, you're out of your mind and in a bubble.

It'll be 40-40 like everything else, with 20 percent undecided
dude ars you serious? People are not for riots
roxas11
United States

« Reply #201 on: May 30, 2020, 08:28:29 PM »

I think idea that riots benefit trump as some on here are claiming is ridiculous

This is a Sitting president and having this kind of chaos around does not help him at all.
It simply feeds into Biden message about moving away from the crazy trump years. I always thought Biden return to normalcy campaign was a bit silly but if this chaos keeps up I can actually see that message resonating with a lot of voters because I do think that many of them are going tired of trump going a twitter and making this Inflammatory statements that only makes things worse.  

Also I do not for 1 second believe that suburban white voters are going be so upset by the riots that they will refuse to vote for this guy who looks like this lol

I hate to even bring race into this but the fact is Biden is a white man and I don't think average person sees any connection between him and young rioters burning down buildings on the news. maybe if it was Bernie the GOP could have tried to made that connection but when I think about Joe Biden words like Radical, Protest, Revolution or BLM is the last thing that comes to mind          

Its going to be a lot harder for trump to use racial anger against him compared to him using it against black man like Obama or even a white woman like Hillary

SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #202 on: May 30, 2020, 08:33:50 PM »

I think idea that riots benefit trump as some on here are claiming is ridiculous

This is a Sitting president and having this kind of chaos around does not help him at all.
It simply feeds into Biden message about moving away from the crazy trump years. I always thought Biden return to normalcy campaign was a bit silly but if this chaos keeps up I can actually see that message resonating with a lot of voters because I do think that many of them are going tired of trump going a twitter and making this Inflammatory statements that only makes things worse.  

Also I do not for 1 second believe that suburban white voters are going be so upset by the riots that they will refuse to vote for this guy who looks like this lol

I hate to even bring race into this but the fact is Biden is a white man and I don't think average person sees any connection between him and young rioters burning down buildings on the news. maybe if it was Bernie the GOP could have tried to made that connection but when I think about Joe Biden words like Radical, Protest, Revolution or BLM is the last thing that comes to mind          

Its going to be a lot harder for trump to use racial anger against him compared to him using it against black man like Obama or even a white woman like Hillary

Majority of Atlas " Everything that happens covid 19, impeachment,  riots. It doesn't matter it helps Biden!"  Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? They're literally burining cars and you think whites are going to vote for the democrats because of this? Insane
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #203 on: May 30, 2020, 08:36:40 PM »

The idea that disorder and chaos isn't going to drag down the incumbent is silly. It's pretty weird to think that you can blame all the country's problems on the opposition.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #204 on: May 30, 2020, 08:38:45 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 08:41:50 PM by SN2903 »

The idea that disorder and chaos isn't going to drag down the incumbent is silly. It's pretty weird to think that you can blame all the country's problems on the opposition.
It's silly to think that Midwestern suburban voters will turn to Democrats while antifa protesters cause curfews in their cities and the national guard is brought in. Democrats are seen as the party that is more extreme. That's fact. Contrary to democratic talking points people don't blame everything on Trump.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #205 on: May 30, 2020, 08:41:40 PM »

It's silly to think that Midwestern suburban voters will turn to Democrats while antifa protesters cause curfews in their cities and the national guard is brought in. Democrats are seen as the party that is more extreme. That's fact 

You are assuming that everyone thinks like you and that's not accurate. The suburbs are gone for Republicans and they aren't coming back any time soon.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #206 on: May 30, 2020, 08:46:45 PM »

We'll see. Theres rioters in dozens of cities.  This is not good. I guarantee you 90% of the country at least is against this. They're criminals not protesters. Trump is going to have to bring in the army.

If you think 90% of the country is against this, you're out of your mind and in a bubble.

You're out of your bubble if you think roughly half of the people in this country are ok with rioting and vandalism.  The local proprietors who owned those businesses that burned up sure aren't and they probably don't even live in the suburbs.  This is not a good look, and people can argue this is Trump's fault all they want because he's the POTUS but the reality is that he's condemning these riots whereas few if any elected Democrats are.  

The cop committed a crime and was arrested and should have been.  But looking the other way while people are rioting on the streets is not going to benefit Democrats.  Particularly when they've been arguing that we need shutdowns and saying the Liberate protestors were irresponsible for organizing in groups.  
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2020, 08:49:49 PM »

You're out of your bubble if you think roughly half of the people in this country are ok with rioting and vandalism.  The local proprietors who owned those businesses that burned up sure aren't and they probably don't even live in the suburbs.  This is not a good look, and people can argue this is Trump's fault all they want because he's the POTUS but the reality is that he's condemning these riots whereas few if any elected Democrats are.  

The cop committed a crime and was arrested and should have been.  But looking the other way while people are rioting on the streets is not going to benefit Democrats.  Particularly when they've been arguing that we need shutdowns and saying the Liberate protestors were irresponsible for organizing in groups.  
Exactly democratic leaders are doing a horrible job at condemning the chaos and protests. This could hand the election to Trump if things don't calm down soon. Democrats are not focused on the riots enough and still too focused on Floyd, while awful what is happening is much worse.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2020, 08:52:16 PM »

Lol. This probably won’t even be an issue in November, the riots at least.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #209 on: May 30, 2020, 08:53:38 PM »

Lol. This probably won’t even be an issue in November, the riots at least.

And if they are still an issue by November, it indisputably will hurt Trump since it means his "law and order" approach has failed to keep the country from falling apart.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #210 on: May 30, 2020, 09:10:09 PM »

Atlas blue making the argument that these riots will help Trump should really stop telling on themselves like that
indietraveler

« Reply #211 on: May 30, 2020, 09:10:18 PM »

FWIW the most vocal people in my social circle have been moderate "suburban" types (mostly women) who are speaking out FOR George Floyd and have yet to comment on the rioting.

The second most vocal have been some of my non-evangelical Christian friends who are all pretty conservative. Again, mostly women, no complaints about the rioting and all outrage towards the murder. People who consistently vote republican, and reluctantly voted for Trump but have now become repulsed by a lot of his sh**t. It doesn't seem like many are enthused about Biden, but they won't be voting for Trump again.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #212 on: May 30, 2020, 09:16:45 PM »

This could have the simultaneous effect of suburban voters going more for Trump out of concerns about public safety and many blacks staying home for being upset at the whole system. The virus narrative has been hurting trump somewhat..but stuff like this will help him. It changes the subject and the bottom line is Americans don't want chaos. In terms of the media adding fuel they seem to focused more on condemning the officer than the rioters and also keep calling them protests when they are riots mostly.

Trump is not doing anything for public safety though. All tweet no action.

Yeah, he promised to bring back "law and order" if elected, and now that he's elected the same things are happening anyway. Sure, it's more complicated than that in reality, but he is the one who promotes how he can somehow do these things and lead people to perceiving him as able to do so. It might not be lost on some Americans that he is in charge yet nothing has really changed.

Side note: You having a blue avatar now, for whatever reason, is really jarring.
What does Trump have to do with a bad cop? Stop talking nonsense. This hurts Democrats period. Anything involving anarchy people are going to swing conservative and yes I am talking about suburban whites.

Then why didn't the LA Riots help Bush in 1992?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #213 on: May 30, 2020, 09:22:45 PM »

The failure of the dem Governor in Minnesota to stop this will def hurt Biden in Minnesota and potentially in other states it will hurt Biden
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #214 on: May 30, 2020, 09:25:22 PM »

Remember folks: Literally everything helps Trump and everything hurts Biden.

Yes, I am arguing in good faith.
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2020, 09:28:27 PM »

lesson of the tread: ignore the troll who thinks everything helps trump
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2020, 09:34:21 PM »

Are we sharing our favorite picture of Biden now? Here's mine

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2020, 09:47:35 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 09:51:53 PM by The scissors of false economy »

So far in the first five months of this year we've seen two huge news stories (impeachment acquittal and COVID) that would have been great boons for a "normal" conservative President. Trump has pissed away all the political advantage he initially gained from both, and there's no reason to believe he won't do the same again if he ends up initially gaining political advantage from this.

The incumbent right-wing President inciting further violence on social media is just about the best way possible for the right to waste whatever advantage it might normally gain from civil unrest. The second-best way is for his supporters to publicly gloat about how much the unrest helps him politically.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2020, 09:50:07 PM »

I'm seeing more anger towards Trump and his lack of leadership. It's hard to do a "law and order" campaign when you are the "law and order."
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #219 on: May 30, 2020, 10:00:55 PM »

I'm seeing more anger towards Trump and his lack of leadership. It's hard to do a "law and order" campaign when you are the "law and order."

If you guys think people will elect anyone who gives a voice to those destroying the cities, you're crazy.

They shouldn't have their voices heard. I was raised that spoiled children having tantrums don't get their way.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #220 on: May 30, 2020, 10:04:58 PM »

If you guys think people will elect anyone who gives a voice to those destroying the cities, you're crazy.

They shouldn't have their voices heard. I was raised that spoiled children having tantrums don't get their way.

"Spoiled children having tantrums" is a really ed up and racist way to refer to black people asking cops to stop murdering them
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #221 on: May 30, 2020, 10:10:10 PM »

Exactly, people don't like seeing our cities and stores on fire and will vote for strength. Trump can expect a bump.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #222 on: May 30, 2020, 10:21:44 PM »

I intended to post a warning earlier and forgot so doing it now so I'll take some responsibility for the dumpster fire this evening.

I just had to delete like a dozen posts that didn't add any sort of dialouge and was redundant one liners in hopes of restoring sanity.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #223 on: May 30, 2020, 10:26:12 PM »

I am interested in whether Washington County will now vote for Trump. I feel that county would be a prime target for Trump's campaign now if they go the "law and order" route.
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »

"Spoiled children having tantrums" is a really ed up and racist way to refer to black people asking cops to stop murdering them

You do realize that rioters have seriously injured numerous people already?  many of the victims not being cops at all.  I have yet to see a single Democratic politician denounce these acts of violence. 

This is stunning, and I am saying that someone who plans to vote for Joe Biden.  This board is becoming so far outside of the mainstream its insane.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies