BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:20:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BLM riots delivering Minnesota to Trump?  (Read 20247 times)
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« on: May 27, 2020, 05:30:05 PM »

Nah, I think that even white people are starting to get fed up with the cops getting off scot-free every time they kill a person, which is a privilege that most people, even those who are law-abiding gun owners defending themselves and their families, do not have.  I can personally attest to the fact that police brutality affects white people as well.  People are sick of being bullied and murdered by jackboots and would rather police themselves.

The overall reaction to George Floyd just feels...different.  Save for some "let's wait until all the facts emerge" viewpoints, the actions of the officers here have been pretty roundly condemned.  

The Ferguson case was a he said/she said hoopla where the coroner’s report actually ended up backing the officer’s testimony, but by that point, Michael Brown had already been turned into a martyr for long simmering resentments over police misconduct.

I wonder how the politics of the BLM movement would have played out differently if the trigger was a far more damning event like this one. Granted, the Eric Garner incident was only like a month before, but Michael Brown ended up becoming the real poster child for the movement in its early days (the whole “hands up, don’t shoot!” chant, which almost certainly didn’t actually happen).
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 06:06:38 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 06:13:55 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

No, civil unrest almost always hurts the incumbent administration.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:53:38 PM »

Lol. This probably won’t even be an issue in November, the riots at least.

And if they are still an issue by November, it indisputably will hurt Trump since it means his "law and order" approach has failed to keep the country from falling apart.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 10:57:23 PM »

I'm seeing more anger towards Trump and his lack of leadership. It's hard to do a "law and order" campaign when you are the "law and order."

If you guys think people will elect anyone who gives a voice to those destroying the cities, you're crazy.

They shouldn't have their voices heard. I was raised that spoiled children having tantrums don't get their way.

"Spoiled children having tantrums" is a really ed up and racist way to refer to black people asking cops to stop murdering them

You do realize that rioters have seriously injured numerous people already?  many of the victims not being cops at all.  I have yet to see a single Democratic politician denounce these acts of violence.  

This is stunning, and I am saying that someone who plans to vote for Joe Biden.  This board is becoming so far outside of the mainstream its insane.

You apparently filter your information through an incredibly narrow window, because I've seen tons of condemnation from Democrats regarding the violence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies