Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:51:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 171586 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« on: December 01, 2017, 01:37:46 PM »

@johnjharwood:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here are the senior members of Trump's transition team.
Any bets who was the one who gave the order to Flynn?

Vice President-elect Mike Pence.
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Michael Flynn
Newt Gingrich
Rudy Giuliani
Jeff Sessions
K. T. McFarland
Gov. Mary Fallin
Sen. Tim Scott
Rep. Marsha Blackburn
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers
Rep. Tom Reed
Rep. Cynthia Lummis.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, of course.

LMAO that would be AMAZING! Get them all in one sweep!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 12:35:18 AM »

There was nothing earth shattering today. Flynn was found guilty for the same thing he got fired over...Lying.
Just stop.... the deal clearly outlines that he was given that charge as compensation for cooperating with their investigation. He is going to implicate and testify against individuals above him which only leaves Trump, Trump Jr, Pence, and Kushner.

Yeah. We have a plea deal, and given the lightness of Flynn's charges, he probably has some significant dirt.

Maybe not on Trump directly, but definitely on someone higher up. We'll see.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 01:19:52 PM »

Trump this morning:

So according to this...

1. Flynn lied (including to the FBI) about something that Trump says was lawful.

2. Trump knew what Flynn was doing, and only fired him for lying about it.

Somewhere in the White House, Trump's lawyers are sending out for more Maalox.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coupled with Trump's efforts to halt the Russia investigation, couldn't this be used as evidence for charges of obstruction of justice?

The thing is, obstruction charges probably martyr him. His supporters will think there was nothing there so they got him on a technicality.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2017, 03:28:29 PM »

Trump this morning:

So according to this...

1. Flynn lied (including to the FBI) about something that Trump says was lawful.

2. Trump knew what Flynn was doing, and only fired him for lying about it.

Somewhere in the White House, Trump's lawyers are sending out for more Maalox.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but coupled with Trump's efforts to halt the Russia investigation, couldn't this be used as evidence for charges of obstruction of justice?

The thing is, obstruction charges probably martyr him. His supporters will think there was nothing there so they got him on a technicality.

His core supporters will likely rationalize away anything that Trump might be charged with.  Perhaps more significant, there's precedent for impeaching Presidents for obstruction of justice (Nixon and Clinton).

The problem is a charge of obstuction might martyr him beyond his core, but to more moderate Republicans as well.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »

Holy cow...NYT has transition team emails that show that they not only knew Flynn was in communication with the Russians, but has this doozy of a quote:

Wait would Ronald Reagan think of this? Saint Ronny would be screaming for the Orange Clown's head on a pike if he were alive.

Sadly Republicans today don't even like Reagan. The Republican party is now mostly made up of people who used to be Democrats because they thought they were oppressed by big business, and Trump made them come to the Republican party because recently they've felt oppressed by women, minorities, AND big business. It's sad really.

This is true. I know "Republicans" who say stuff like 'Reagan was a horrible president because he gave amnesty to illegals' or think Paul Ryan's not a conservative because he's not hard enough on immigration.

If Barry Goldwater were alive today, he'd ing be a Democrat.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:46:30 PM »

Can someone summarize this thing for me, and why anyone is paying attention to it:

All I've heard is that there was somebody fired from the investigation a while back because of texts that were critical of Trump, and whose expertise was counter-espionage.

Also, I'm seeing reports that the same guy changed the wording in Comey's Clinton testimony from "grossly negligent" to "extremely careless" or something.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 07:16:23 PM »

CNN is announcing new charges in the Russia probe coming up soon.

Choo Choo!

All Aboard the Mueller express!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 07:27:01 PM »

Ted Lieu: Don Jr. asking Veselnitskaya about dirt on Clinton foundation IS collusion.

I don't know why I didn't see any nuclear elmo memes when I posted that.

Note: Jr claimed he talked to her about "adoption." What are the possibilities he actually lied to the FBI too?

"Attemped" collusion. This is a signifacant difference, as some people have claimed that "attempted collusion" is not a strong enough charge.

And we knew about this for ages.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 09:37:50 PM »

Holy sh**t, I came home to my parents home for an extended weekend and they have Fox News on 24/7 and I'm just watching Hannity right now and I completely understand why the most insane retard always wins the Republican Primary. Fox News is a straight up rage machine cranked up to 10.

Just force them to watch Trevor Noah today, Bill Maher tomorrow, and John Oliver on Friday. Oh, and give them access to some reasonable news source.

Solving the "Fox News Only" problem one small step at a time.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »

I notice it hasn't been mentioned here that the FBI released 375 text messages to the House Judiciary Committee Tuesday showing discussions between Peter Strzok and his mistress, an FBI laywer Lisa Page.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/13/fbi-officials-discussed-insurance-policy-against-trump-presidency/

Two FBI officials who worked on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation exchanged text messages last year in which they appear to have discussed ways to prevent Donald Trump from being elected president.

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way [Trump] gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” FBI counterintelligence official Peter Strzok wrote in a cryptic text message to Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer and his mistress.

“It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40,” Strzok wrote in the text, dated Aug. 15, 2016.

Andy is likely Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

“Maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because you’re meant to protect the country from that menace,” Page wrote.

“I can protect our country at many levels, not sure if that helps,” Strzok replied.

It seems quite amazing to me the threat Trump poses to the establishment. Reminds me of the scene in "JFK" where Kevin Costner tells Donald Sutherland:

I must admit, it doesn't look good for the impartiality of the investigation, but we'll see how it goes from here.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »

I notice it hasn't been mentioned here that the FBI released 375 text messages to the House Judiciary Committee Tuesday showing discussions between Peter Strzok and his mistress, an FBI laywer Lisa Page.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/13/fbi-officials-discussed-insurance-policy-against-trump-presidency/

Two FBI officials who worked on Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation exchanged text messages last year in which they appear to have discussed ways to prevent Donald Trump from being elected president.

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way [Trump] gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” FBI counterintelligence official Peter Strzok wrote in a cryptic text message to Lisa Page, an FBI lawyer and his mistress.

“It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you’re 40,” Strzok wrote in the text, dated Aug. 15, 2016.

Andy is likely Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe.

“Maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because you’re meant to protect the country from that menace,” Page wrote.

“I can protect our country at many levels, not sure if that helps,” Strzok replied.

It seems quite amazing to me the threat Trump poses to the establishment. Reminds me of the scene in "JFK" where Kevin Costner tells Donald Sutherland:

I must admit, it doesn't look good for the impartiality of the investigation, but we'll see how it goes from here.

How so?  The fact that Mueller immediately removed Strzok makes it clear that he's conducting the investigation in a fair, neutral, partisanship-free manner.

Mueller himself may be okay, however, this investigation predates him. And this makes it sound like the initial investigation may have been pretty politically motivated.

Not saying it was, but it doesn't look great.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »

First off Muelker kicked the guy off when he heard about the texts so as to not appear bias and second we know for a fact that the FBI in NY investigating Hillary had agents who hated her because shocker you can have opinions but still be professional. So stop trying this pathetic attempt to smear Mueller and the FBI's work because your afraid they are going to take down Trump.

I'm not, I completely support the Mueller probe. Just pointing out this is not the best optics for it.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 10:03:52 PM »

Also, is changing our avatars to "D-AL" a thing we're doing now?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »

Conservatives and Never-Trumpers that once defended the Mueller investigation are now deriding it and saying that there should be an investigation into it. Big trouble for Democrats and Mueller as more of these damaging text messages come out.

My prediction: Trump will capitalize on these leaks to show how biased the FBI is and his approval ratings will rise rapidly.

Most of this is true, except for perhaps the approval ratings. I'm really not sure what happens with them.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 01:04:46 AM »

Conservatives and Never-Trumpers that once defended the Mueller investigation are now deriding it and saying that there should be an investigation into it. Big trouble for Democrats and Mueller as more of these damaging text messages come out.

My prediction: Trump will capitalize on these leaks to show how biased the FBI is and his approval ratings will rise rapidly.

Word of advice: stop s**tting a hole through so many pairs of your pants. Have you already forgotten about how Trump's "great national situation" lost the GOP a Senate seat two days ago?

Well, either that or you're a Trumpidian troll in disguise. You could very well be ahugeloser's sock.

Wait, was ahugecat banned?
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 01:51:56 AM »

So the rumor is Kushner is about to get indicted soon.... possibly tommorow (which is technically today). Don't know how credible it is but the chatter is all over the place from people not known for bullshïtting. Again, idk how true it all is but we'll see I guess

Oh baby, come on! Indict Jared and then Trump pardon him and see his approval rating come tumblin' down into the twenties as Cruz, Fischer, and Blackburn go down defending the ship!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »

Trump's aides tried to educate him on the Amendments to the Constitution but luckily they gave up after the Fourth

Also trump invoking the 5th would be blatantly hypocritical.

Even by his standards.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 08:40:04 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 10:01:17 PM »

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 07:39:34 PM »

This definitely deserves one.

Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 04:38:20 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2018, 04:40:38 PM by GO EAGLES! »

That sound you hear is a conspiracy theory crashing.

HA!

TAKE THAT YOU FÙCKERS!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:40:18 PM »

Got em.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 11:32:28 PM »

AND NUNES EDITED THE MEMO!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »

An impeachment of Donald Trump would require at the least all Democrats and Democratically-aligned Independents... and one of three wings of the GOP -- either the Big Business wing, the libertarian wing, or the theocratic wing. Neither wing gets along well with Democrats.

The 'libertarian wing' is just Reps. Jones, Amash, and Massie. That's it.

Paul and Lee are just virtue-signalers.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »

Happy Infrastructure Week everyone!
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies