Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:28:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 82
Author Topic: Indictment-O-Rama Megathread: Mueller indicts 13 Russians  (Read 172309 times)
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: December 13, 2017, 10:54:12 PM »

Conservatives and Never-Trumpers that once defended the Mueller investigation are now deriding it and saying that there should be an investigation into it. Big trouble for Democrats and Mueller as more of these damaging text messages come out.

My prediction: Trump will capitalize on these leaks to show how biased the FBI is and his approval ratings will rise rapidly.
My prediction: the exact opposite of whatever you say in any given situation is likely to happen.

Tax Reform signing, big infrastructure bill coming, Mueller failing to find collusion.

What can I say. I think things are looking great for Donald Trump and the GOP as they enter 2018.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #951 on: December 13, 2017, 11:13:50 PM »

Conservatives and Never-Trumpers that once defended the Mueller investigation are now deriding it and saying that there should be an investigation into it. Big trouble for Democrats and Mueller as more of these damaging text messages come out.

My prediction: Trump will capitalize on these leaks to show how biased the FBI is and his approval ratings will rise rapidly.

Most of this is true, except for perhaps the approval ratings. I'm really not sure what happens with them.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #952 on: December 13, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »

Most of this is true, except for perhaps the approval ratings. I'm really not sure what happens with them.

I don't really take Trump's approval ratings seriously. Two polls out today have him at 41%, but I feel there is a difference between Trump at 41% compared to George W. Bush at 41%.

Trump never polls well, even old favorability polls long before he got into politics.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #953 on: December 14, 2017, 02:15:35 AM »

How so?  The fact that Mueller immediately removed Strzok makes it clear that he's conducting the investigation in a fair, neutral, partisanship-free manner.

My question is, how come the "deep state" as some 48% of the country believes, is so hell bent on taking down Donald Trump?

I mean, is it some sort of conspiratorial type thing? What I mean by that is, you have people like Jay Carney, who works in Obama's White House, but he's married to Claire Shipman, who is currently the national correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America.

Is it that? Are these people all overly college educated and super politically correct and all marrying and screwing each other and hanging out at the same clubs and stuff? Is it an elite thing? Or do they see their political established globalist agenda in jeopardy? I don't quite understand.

I mean, I detested Obama's politics, and I never voted for him even though most of my family did. But when he won, he won. Now, trying to block something legislatively, that's one thing. But to try and undo the will of the voters, is quite another. Like that idiot Roy Moore not conceding a legitimate election last night.

I don't understand where the vitriol is coming from.

If he won with the aid of a foreign country and is beholden to that country, then the election that got him into the Presidency  (and who knows what else?) might look voidable.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2017, 06:31:44 AM »

How so?  The fact that Mueller immediately removed Strzok makes it clear that he's conducting the investigation in a fair, neutral, partisanship-free manner.

My question is, how come the "deep state" as some 48% of the country believes, is so hell bent on taking down Donald Trump?

I mean, is it some sort of conspiratorial type thing? What I mean by that is, you have people like Jay Carney, who works in Obama's White House, but he's married to Claire Shipman, who is currently the national correspondent for ABC's Good Morning America.

Is it that? Are these people all overly college educated and super politically correct and all marrying and screwing each other and hanging out at the same clubs and stuff? Is it an elite thing? Or do they see their political established globalist agenda in jeopardy? I don't quite understand.

I mean, I detested Obama's politics, and I never voted for him even though most of my family did. But when he won, he won. Now, trying to block something legislatively, that's one thing. But to try and undo the will of the voters, is quite another. Like that idiot Roy Moore not conceding a legitimate election last night.

If he won with the aid of a foreign country and is beholden to that country, then the election that got him into the Presidency  (and who knows what else?) might look voidable.

You want it to be voidable because you dislike him personally. I disliked Obama personally but I never stooped to the impeachment level, EVER. I called out Republicans who would ever even consider it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2017, 06:56:46 AM »

You want it to be voidable because you dislike him personally. I disliked Obama personally but I never stooped to the impeachment level, EVER. I called out Republicans who would ever even consider it.

I must have missed the part where Obama collaborated with a hostile foreign power in order to get elected.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #956 on: December 14, 2017, 09:07:25 AM »

Can we get back on topic?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #957 on: December 14, 2017, 01:12:02 PM »
« Edited: December 14, 2017, 03:41:43 PM by pbrower2a »

How so?  The fact that Mueller immediately removed Strzok makes it clear that he's conducting the investigation in a fair, neutral, partisanship-free manner.

If he won with the aid of a foreign country and is beholden to that country, then the election that got him into the Presidency  (and who knows what else?) might look voidable.

"Voidable" probably means a military coup, something that has never happened in America. I question whether anyone wants that. We could end up with a Pinochet as a leader... and lots of dead bodies of political opponents stashed in spent coal mines put to macabre use. A coup is the only way that I can think of that voids the 2016 election should it be shown to be fraudulent.

I recognize the legitimacy of disliking Barack Obama for his personality and policies -- but nothing that he did came close to a "high crime or misdemeanor" suitable for impeachment and removal. Bill Clinton's sexcapades would... now. For all the smears of Obama, nobody ever claimed that he had any connection to any foreign power with questionable designs on the American political system.

Note well that impeachment is not for unpopularity or incompetence. If we get a disappointing President, then that is our tough luck.  Maybe we had to sort out what worked and what didn't work with Hoover's failed stewardship of the American economy in the 1929-1932 meltdown; maybe we had to stick with Carter during the stagflation and the hostage situation. Carter was not willing to give Americans the harsh medicine of greatly-reduced personal expectations that would compel college grads with liberal arts to take minimum-wage jobs as store clerks and pretend to love those jobs and the low pay. Reagan was willing to do so.

I'm not going to contrast Trump to Obama, as they are very different in ideology.  I am going to contrast Trump to Reagan. Donald Trump is even more reactionary than Reagan. Reagan was willing to take what he wanted in stages, getting what he could while he could with Democrats and Republicans doing some give and take while hoping that Americans could begin to recognize that the Reagan way was right. It worked politically, as shown in the 49-state landslide for Reagan in 1984.

The Trump agenda has been to create a narrative about political successes that he has never had, beginning with the giant crowds applauding him after one of the biggest landslides in American history. (Reagan in 1980 and Obama in 2008, both following failed Presidencies, got similar shares of the popular vote in both years). Donald Trump strikes me as a humorless man unlike Reagan (or Obama), so what he said was more likely a lie than a jest. Worse -- a pointless lie. If you are to lead, then you had better keep your integrity intact. Ronald Reagan quit talking about Carter once he won the election; Donald Trump can't quit denouncing "Crooked Hillary". He has used the Presidency to denounce and punish those who failed to recognize how wonderful he is, as shown in a tax 'reform' that enriches elites at the expense of the educated middle class.  Reagan was always an American patriot; Trump is a toady of Putin. I'll take Reagan's dealings with Gorbachev any day over Trump's shameful submission to Putin at the expense of America's long-time (and more reliable) allies. Every President from FDR to Obama has had the ethos "Do something stupid to us and die" without provoking a potential enemy to strike. Trump has been provoking the erratic King-in-all-but-name of North Korea with language little more advanced than the "Double-dog-dare you" language that you may remember from the school playground.

Like Reagan, Trump may be showing signs of mental deterioration. Reagan at least had good advisors who could cover for him; Trump insists upon yes-men who lack the ability or willingness to keep him from doing something rash.

All in all  I see Obama as one who wanted to be a liberal version of Reagan but ended up with an Eisenhower-like Presidency. Donald Trump  is even less like Ronald Reagan.

After Donald Trump,

"Mister we could use a man like B'rack Obama again"... OK... a woman with similar astuteness and probity.      
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #958 on: December 14, 2017, 03:04:29 PM »

So I guess in those bombshell Strzok/Page texts they also failed against Bernie, Chelsea Clinton, Paul Ryan, etc.

Sounds like they think everybody’s dumb, which, I mean, just take a look at DC
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #959 on: December 14, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »

So I guess in those bombshell Strzok/Page texts they also failed against Bernie, Chelsea Clinton, Paul Ryan, etc.

Those texts were sent a year before Mueller's appointment
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #960 on: December 14, 2017, 08:02:04 PM »

Those texts were sent a year before Mueller's appointment

Correct.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #961 on: December 14, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #962 on: December 14, 2017, 10:21:55 PM »

Kushner must be freaking out.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #963 on: December 14, 2017, 10:28:41 PM »

Democrats have really outdone the Republicans cries of BENGHAZI with their cries of RUSSIA. The sad thing was there was actually collusion between the Trump campaign, including Kushner, and a foreign power, but it was Israel, so none of the people in power care.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/07/flynn-indictment-exposes-collusion-with-israel-not-russia_partner/
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #964 on: December 14, 2017, 10:32:55 PM »

Obvious jfern hack job is obvious
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #965 on: December 14, 2017, 11:38:46 PM »

Democrats have really outdone the Republicans cries of BENGHAZI with their cries of RUSSIA. The sad thing was there was actually collusion between the Trump campaign, including Kushner, and a foreign power, but it was Israel, so none of the people in power care.

https://www.salon.com/2017/12/07/flynn-indictment-exposes-collusion-with-israel-not-russia_partner/

Can you at least wait until the investigation is over to hack endlessly about how terrible teh neolibrulz are?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #966 on: December 14, 2017, 11:56:10 PM »

Word of advice: stop s**tting a hole through so many pairs of your pants. Have you already forgotten about how Trump's "great national situation" lost the GOP a Senate seat two days ago?

Well, either that or you're a Trumpidian troll in disguise. You could very well be ahugeloser's sock.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #967 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »

Honest question: is jfern a russian bot/russian-paid troll?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #968 on: December 15, 2017, 12:26:26 AM »

Lots of chatter on many Twitter accounts that big indictments are set to drop soon:

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #969 on: December 15, 2017, 01:00:15 AM »

Considering Rick teased the pee tape I'd believe it
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #970 on: December 15, 2017, 01:04:46 AM »

Word of advice: stop s**tting a hole through so many pairs of your pants. Have you already forgotten about how Trump's "great national situation" lost the GOP a Senate seat two days ago?

Well, either that or you're a Trumpidian troll in disguise. You could very well be ahugeloser's sock.

Wait, was ahugecat banned?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #971 on: December 15, 2017, 01:10:53 AM »

Wait, was ahugecat banned?

Sometime in October, yeah.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #972 on: December 15, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »

Idk how much of this stuff is true:

Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #973 on: December 15, 2017, 01:31:46 AM »

This would still leave Mueller free to investigate as he pleases, though, yes?
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #974 on: December 15, 2017, 01:35:51 AM »

This would still leave Mueller free to investigate as he pleases, though, yes?

I'm guessing so. The House investigation is a clown show
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies