Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 05:26:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 133326 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1425 on: October 02, 2019, 09:07:33 PM »

Wohl<-

lol
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1426 on: October 02, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

All I have to say to this stunning revelation:

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1427 on: October 02, 2019, 09:13:59 PM »

Jack Burkman:

Jack Burkman is an American lobbyist and conspiracy theorist. Burkman drew significant media attention in 2014 for organizing a protest against the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL after the team signed Michael Sam, an openly gay football player, to its practice squad. He is also known for his involvement with far-right conspiracy theorist Jacob Wohl in two plots to make false accusations of sexual assault to frame public figures: one against U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller that was reported in October 2018, and one against Democratic presidential candidate for 2020 Pete Buttigieg in April 2019.

Burkman is the president of the lobbying firm Burkman Associates, LLC and the head of the conservative organization American Decency. He is the host of the Behind the Curtain podcast.

Jacob Wohl:

Jacob Wohl (born December 12, 1997 in Greater Los Angeles) is an American far-right conspiracy theorist, fraudster, and internet troll.  He was formerly an online blogger and a columnist for The Gateway Pundit website.

Wohl drew attention in 2018 after news outlets reported his and Jack Burkman's failed plot to discredit Robert Mueller, the U.S. Special Counsel investigating Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, by attempting to frame him for sexual misconduct.  In April 2019, Wohl and Burkman again received media attention, this time for attempting to frame Pete Buttigieg, mayor of South Bend, Indiana and declared 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, for sexual assault.

Wohl has created and promulgated other false or unfounded claims and conspiracy theories, mainly against Democratic Party politicians such as Hillary Clinton, Kamala Harris, and Ilhan Omar.  On February 26, 2019, Twitter permanently banned Wohl for violating its rules regarding creating and operating fake accounts.  To aid his schemes, Wohl created multiple fake private intelligence agencies, and has fabricated death threats and protests against himself.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1428 on: October 02, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »

Lol at anyone who takes Wohl seriously.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1429 on: October 02, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »

Wohl is a performance artist and this is his masterpiece.
Epaminondas

« Reply #1430 on: October 02, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2019, 03:48:07 AM by Epaminondas »

Warren is blessed by being a good fit for Iowa and New Hampshire.
How things could be different if majority black states called the shots in Dem primaries.

I think there is such a generational shift happening that it doesn't matter what corporate Democrats want, they have 4-10 years left tops. There isn't going to be less AOC's. The young generation that travels all around the world and can see things with their own eyes isn't going to be afraid of socialized medicine because some news chanel or insurance lobbyman has scary talking points.

We will keep seeing the shift for the better I believe.

If the next generation has money to "travel all around the world", I don't want to hear a peep about student loan forgiveness under any circumstances. I am thankful that American government is set up to stonewall all of this.

The last thing people should be doing is selfish and dirty world travel over starting families and prudently saving.

Your position is hardly surprisingly, given that travelling around the word is precisely what has enabled younger Americans to realise how profoundly destructive and unfair the debt-for-diploma US system is.

Mmhm. Not the Internet?

It's incredible that you guys can't see the contradiction. Those saddled with destructive debt are not the ones travelling the world - unless they have a very good job and get that benefit for free.

(Apparently not, given the number of MAGA crackpots on the web. I suppose we can blame echo chambers for this.)

Otherwise you're just following the Breitbart playbook: all-out attack to avoid defending your own contradictions.

Your 1st post: "If some US students can afford to travel, nobody should be allowed to criticise the university price racket, you moron"
Your 2nd post: "Just because some students can afford to travel doesn't mean all do, you idiot"

Sad.
McNukes™ #NYCMMWasAHero
Nuke
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 8.09

« Reply #1431 on: October 02, 2019, 10:23:03 PM »

And now the latest bad news for Elizabetto: She made up a fraudulent sex assault charge about a dead college professor who she eulogized--and her story is also physically impossible, as the rapid and aggressive movements were impossible for a man who could barely even walk due to Polio.

https://twitter.com/gillsterein/status/1178874804545306624
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1432 on: October 02, 2019, 11:00:13 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2019, 11:05:20 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

I think there is such a generational shift happening that it doesn't matter what corporate Democrats want, they have 4-10 years left tops. There isn't going to be less AOC's. The young generation that travels all around the world and can see things with their own eyes isn't going to be afraid of socialized medicine because some news chanel or insurance lobbyman has scary talking points.

We will keep seeing the shift for the better I believe.

If the next generation has money to "travel all around the world", I don't want to hear a peep about student loan forgiveness under any circumstances. I am thankful that American government is set up to stonewall all of this.

The last thing people should be doing is selfish and dirty world travel over starting families and prudently saving.

Your position is hardly surprisingly, given that travelling around the word is precisely what has enabled younger Americans to realise how profoundly destructive and unfair the debt-for-diploma US system is.

Mmhm. Not the Internet?

It's incredible that you guys can't see the contradiction. Those saddled with destructive debt are not the ones travelling the world - unless they have a very good job and get that benefit for free.

Apparently not, given the number of MAGA crackpots on the web. We can blame echo chambers for this.

As for the rest, you're just following the Breitbart playbook: all-out attack so as not to defend your own contradictions.

Your first post: "If some US students can afford to travel, nobody should be allowed to criticise the university price racket, you moron"
Your second post: "Just because some can students afford to travel doesn't mean all do, you idiot"

Sad.

The first post is not me saying that no one should criticize it. I say IF that were the case (which it obviously is not), I do not want to hear that anymore. The whole point of every single post I've made is that people traveling the world to open their minds is not causing a leftward shift. The current state of education is very poor and a moderately risky investment that needs curtailing, and people can see their own means deteriorating before their eyes without wasting money on foreign travel. It's not the people who can afford European vacations that are coming to that conclusion that they want more handouts.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1433 on: October 02, 2019, 11:14:21 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2019, 11:18:58 PM by Grand Mufti of Northern Virginia »

Elizabeth Warren Wants To Tax Corporate Lobbying

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) has a plan to crack down on lobbying in Washington: She wants to institute a progressive tax on “excessive” lobbying expenditures.

The proposal from the 2020 Democratic presidential candidate was first listed among her proposals to rein in Washington lobbying in September, but she is now providing extensive details.

izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #1434 on: October 03, 2019, 12:44:27 AM »

Hmm... let me look this bit specifically...

Didn't society tell them to get STEM degrees?  Millennials who paid $200,000 to major in useless niche liberal arts programs have only themselves to blame.  Is this supposed to be about the glorification of elite degrees in culture and media?

He... hehehe... hahahahahahahahahahahahah...

Okay, so then. As someone who has both a STEM degree and that is presently out of work, I find a fair bit of what you said in your post kind of hilarious in how 'kids these days!' it is. But let me share with you a bit of information that may surprise you. Okay, two things if you count that a number of good STEM programs have tended for some time now to make sure their students are well taken care of if they go to graduate school. Take the loans for undergrad, start paying it off with your stipend during grad school. That sort of thing.

The other thing is: not everybody's a good fit for STEM. And I'd rather have someone designing the building I'm working in, the road I'm driving on, the car I'm driving in, the medicines I'm taking, and the chemicals I encounter out in the world who had a minimal want of their own to study the material so they had a personal motivation to study it and learn it well. I'd rather not have people handling all these things and more who only got their degree to get The Job, but who only go through the motions while their passions are elsewhere. To claim that they are to blame for going for what they believe in, what they find they can best do, is absurdly cruel and unhelpful for society in the long run. And what more... the more we try to force people who have no interest in STEM to do STEM, the more colleges and universities will find themselves trying to dumb down their programs so they can maintain their success rate or what ever. One of my good friends is presently a professor and fled a job at another college that was going that route. Reduction of educational standards because we are making STEM 'the right way' will in the long run hurt the standards for such jobs in society.

And what more... we as a society should be restructuring things so that yes, people can follow their passions and get super good at the things they want to actually be super good at, and then not punished for getting super good at the things they want to be super good at. We are reaching a point where we have the means to do this, and thus should be prepared to push ourselves in that direction. And not just shake our cane and shout at the people who were promised the world if they worked hard, and then didn't get despite their effort.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1435 on: October 03, 2019, 09:08:06 AM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1436 on: October 03, 2019, 09:16:13 AM »

I am incredibly enthused by Warren's new labor plan for a couple of reasons:  1.)  I see labor reform as second only to voting/democratic reform in importance, and 2.) many (most?) of the changes she's proposing can be accomplished via regulatory changes and won't get bogged down by Congressional inaction.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #1437 on: October 03, 2019, 12:57:26 PM »

Warren was chased by Trump supporters at the Airport and gets called "Pocahontas"

https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-trump-fans-chase-elizabeth-warren-through-airport-screaming-pocahontas-slur/
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #1438 on: October 03, 2019, 01:07:08 PM »

At least she handled the situation well, according to the article.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1439 on: October 03, 2019, 01:15:51 PM »

Last few days show Trump supporters are starting to get just as nervous as tech overlords, Wall Street crooks, and banking CEOs.

Awesome.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1440 on: October 03, 2019, 01:26:12 PM »

I sent it on a a d, and I'll say it again here. If I could pick who the next president is out of the folks running, I would pick Warren

If I could pick one major candidate who am I most afraid of blowing a race against trump, I would pick Warren.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #1441 on: October 03, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »

So is that Burkman press conference actually happening?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1442 on: October 03, 2019, 02:31:24 PM »

Yeah she's a dominatrix who whipped a Marine 22 times before having intercourse.
JG

« Reply #1443 on: October 03, 2019, 02:40:33 PM »

Yeah she's a dominatrix who whipped a Marine 22 times before having intercourse.

So happy Dominatrix are finally getting much needed representation in politics. Every little dominatrix who sees Warren win the presidency will be able to tell themselves ''If she can be president, so can I.''.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1444 on: October 03, 2019, 03:05:10 PM »

So happy Dominatrix are finally getting much needed representation in politics. Every little dominatrix who sees Warren win the presidency will be able to tell themselves ''If she can be president, so can I.''.
As if Klobb wasn't running already!
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1445 on: October 03, 2019, 03:19:35 PM »

Morning in Atlas
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1446 on: October 03, 2019, 03:29:16 PM »

tuba noises
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1447 on: October 03, 2019, 03:34:23 PM »

Holy *sh**t.* Incredible.
Izzyeviel
United Kingdom

« Reply #1448 on: October 03, 2019, 04:23:58 PM »

If i were American, this would switch my vote from Biden to Warren.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #1449 on: October 03, 2019, 10:24:29 PM »

I have bronchitis and had to break up my viewing bc I was laughing so hard it was making me cough. The Veep writers wish they could come up with this stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies