Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 11:27:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 134475 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: October 04, 2019, 12:07:21 AM »

1) Warren is killing it with policy laately

2) Literally laughed out loud.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1451 on: October 04, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »

They could have made up any story they wanted and this was the one they picked? The fact that the story is obviously contrived aside, these lunatics still don't understand consent. They still think #MeToo was just some anti-sex movement and that all you need to do to discredit a Democrat is to say that they had sex. This will serve the sole effect of improving Warren numbers among subs and guys with mommy issues.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1452 on: October 04, 2019, 12:28:02 PM »

American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1453 on: October 04, 2019, 05:08:12 PM »

Should Elizabeth Warren move to the center to win votes from, independents, moderates, Rust-Belt voters, Midwesterners ?

But, like with past nominees, it will be easier for these candidates to present themselves as more moderate in a general election through shifts in tone and their vice-presidential picks rather than moving right on policy. If Harris or Warren is the Democratic nominee, I would expect either Sen. Sherrod Brown of Ohio or Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio (or both) will be on their short lists for vice-president. (Brown and Ryan are white men from the Midwest who aren’t known as super liberal.) Following this model, a natural running mate choice for Sanders would be Gov. Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan. (I doubt the Democratic ticket will be two men. So Whitmer fits the bill as a woman who is fairly moderate and from the Midwest.)

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/would-warren-or-sanders-move-to-the-center-against-trump/
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #1454 on: October 04, 2019, 05:32:36 PM »

Brown will never be selected for the VP job.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1455 on: October 04, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »

No. She'll win by standing by her plans and ideology, not trying to pander.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1456 on: October 04, 2019, 11:19:08 PM »

The fact that she's a kinky dominatrix makes her my number 1 choice!
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1457 on: October 04, 2019, 11:29:38 PM »

The fact that she's a kinky dominatrix makes her my number 1 choice!

Dommes not Dons!
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1458 on: October 07, 2019, 03:33:01 PM »

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1459 on: October 07, 2019, 03:40:19 PM »

You don't have any other source besides Free Beacon do you
Cinemark

« Reply #1460 on: October 07, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »

Doesnt that just reaffirm her story though?

Her contract was renewed in April, she was 4 months pregnant at the time. 4 months is when most women start showing, although Warren is very skinny so its possible she wasnt showing all that much.

Her official "resignation" was in June, she'd be about 6 months pregnant. 6 months pregnant is definetly showing. Beyond that, the record would not show she was terminated because of "pregnancy". Its very possible, even likely, she was forced to resign or else face the possibility of having a termination on her record. Something that can absolutely ruin a new educators career.

And then Warren gave birth in September.

The right(and left) should not use this to attack her when its very clear the timeline matches up with her story.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1461 on: October 07, 2019, 05:13:47 PM »

The original source I've heard this from is some idiot Harris supporter whose columns push an agenda against Warren and Bernie. And now, the right has co-opted it, just as he co-opted Pocahontasposting.

Let it be known that centrists hate leftists more than fascists.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1462 on: October 07, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »

They could have made up any story they wanted and this was the one they picked? The fact that the story is obviously contrived aside, these lunatics still don't understand consent. They still think #MeToo was just some anti-sex movement and that all you need to do to discredit a Democrat is to say that they had sex. This will serve the sole effect of improving Warren numbers among subs and guys with mommy issues.

I still can't believe that there are people who heard the Access Hollywood tape and thought that Democrats were mad about Trump using "dirty language" and not the fact that he was admitting to sexually assaulting people on multiple occasions.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1463 on: October 08, 2019, 12:26:19 AM »

Right-wingers BTFO

Centrists BTFO

Cultists BTFO

Onward and upward we go.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1464 on: October 08, 2019, 12:38:59 AM »

2020 could be the 1st Fraud vs Fraud election. Everyone knows Warren is a stone cold liar & fraud. She lied about her Native American heritage for years. She lied about how she got fired.

She earlier lied about how her parents fled away to get married. She is pretending to be this non-corrupt person when she has agreed to pake SuperPAC money for the General Election.

2020 could be an election of the most corrupt & pathological liar President vs a Dem Nominee who is also a liar.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1465 on: October 08, 2019, 01:33:32 AM »

2020 could be the 1st Fraud vs Fraud election. Everyone knows Warren is a stone cold liar & fraud. She lied about her Native American heritage for years. She lied about how she got fired.

She earlier lied about how her parents fled away to get married. She is pretending to be this non-corrupt person when she has agreed to pake SuperPAC money for the General Election.

2020 could be an election of the most corrupt & pathological liar President vs a Dem Nominee who is also a liar.
You must be BIG MAD that Warren is essentially tied for 1st in RCP average and Sanders is all the way in 3rd by double digits.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1466 on: October 08, 2019, 01:50:09 AM »

Bernie Sanders is supported by a multi-million-dollar Super PAC run by a Jill Stein supporter.  His campaign illegally coordinates with them for staffing and events.  This was listed on his 600 pages of FEC violations in 2016, by far the highest number of FEC violations in history.  The "campaign finance reform candidate", as he'd now like to be known, already has hundreds of pages of FEC violations this year, on pace to set a new record.

You wanna talk about fraud, let's start there.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1467 on: October 08, 2019, 01:58:27 AM »

Bernie Sanders is supported by a multi-million-dollar Super PAC run by a Jill Stein supporter.  His campaign illegally coordinates with them for staffing and events.  This was listed on his 600 pages of FEC violations in 2016, by far the highest number of FEC violations in history.  The "campaign finance reform candidate", as he'd now like to be known, already has hundreds of pages of FEC violations this year, on pace to set a new record.

I can break both of these down at a later moment but...

I’m going to go out of a limb and say both of the quoted posts are dead wrong.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1468 on: October 08, 2019, 02:19:44 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 02:24:46 AM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

Bernie Sanders is supported by a multi-million-dollar Super PAC run by a Jill Stein supporter.  His campaign illegally coordinates with them for staffing and events.  This was listed on his 600 pages of FEC violations in 2016, by far the highest number of FEC violations in history.  The "campaign finance reform candidate", as he'd now like to be known, already has hundreds of pages of FEC violations this year, on pace to set a new record.

And I'm the one you say resorts to whataboutery.

Come on. There are better ways to call out bad posts.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1469 on: October 08, 2019, 02:32:04 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 11:54:38 AM by Speaker YE »

Bernie Sanders is supported by a multi-million-dollar Super PAC run by a Jill Stein supporter.  His campaign illegally coordinates with them for staffing and events.  This was listed on his 600 pages of FEC violations in 2016, by far the highest number of FEC violations in history.  The "campaign finance reform candidate", as he'd now like to be known, already has hundreds of pages of FEC violations this year, on pace to set a new record.

Well, I'll source mine.

Bernie Sanders is supported by a multi-million-dollar Super PAC

The Bernie Sanders Super PAC I'm talking about is "National Nurses United", which is neither national nor representative of united nurses.  It is registered as a Super PAC.

Here is a NYTimes article describing the relationship:  https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/us/politics/bernie-sanders-is-democrats-top-beneficiary-of-outside-spending-like-it-or-not.html

Here is a Politico article called "Pro-Sanders Super PAC brought in $2.3 million":  https://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/bernie-sanders-super-pac-218478
it's by Ken Vogel, Bernie bros' new favorite journalist for aggressively pursuing the Hunter Biden story.

Here's a WaPo article about it:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/02/11/sanderss-claim-that-he-does-not-have-a-super-pac/
this includes a gem quote from the NNU spokesman about how, despite being registered as a Super PAC since 2010, they "don't view themselves as a Super PAC."  I guess that's what really matters, right?

run by a Jill Stein supporter

It's run by RoseAnn DeMoro.  RoseAnn DeMoro advocated for Nina Turner to join the Green ticket and be Jill Stein's VP.  She then spent the entire general election relentlessly attacking Clinton.  She also teamed up with Jill Stein in an effort to persuade Bernie to replace Jill on the Green ticket.

His campaign illegally coordinates with them for staffing and events

Even today, Bernie and RoseAnn do events together.  NNU staffed Sanders events and coordinated with him on messaging and canvassing strategy.  Here is a picture of Bernie Sanders and the woman running his Super PAC embracing with an "NNU Purple heart Bernie" poster behind them.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1424/1*3rvL35WhRhui9P3bi822bw.png

This was listed on his 600 pages of FEC violations in 2016, by far the highest number of FEC violations in history

639 pages to be exact:  https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/5/11/1525428/-FEC-releases-damning-639-pages-of-violations-by-Bernie-Sanders-campaign

The "campaign finance reform candidate", as he'd now like to be known, already has hundreds of pages of FEC violations this year, on pace to set a new record

Here's a 75-page FEC complaint about the Sanders campaign that's just covering 4/1-7/30 2019.  75 pages of FEC complaints in just one quarter, a year before the primary!  https://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/098/201908280300047098/201908280300047098.pdf

Maybe not "hundreds" as I mis-remembered.  But it's far, far, far more than any other candidate.  Which means Bernie is purity-testing on campaign finance reform while violating campaign finance laws more flagrantly than any candidate in history.  That makes him a fraud.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1470 on: October 08, 2019, 02:40:10 AM »

I mean, I have very little interest in defending Elizabeth Warren, lol.  I've been watching the Sanders crowd dishonestly attack my candidates for four years.  Now that it's Warren's turn in the barrel y'all can enjoy this lovely experience on your own.

I just think it's hilarious for Shadows to attack Warren for being a fraud on campaign finance reform when his candidate is far and away the #1 fraud on campaign finance reform.  And that includes Trump.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1471 on: October 08, 2019, 02:48:58 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 11:56:12 AM by Speaker YE »

Well, I'll source mine.

Bernie Sanders is supported by a multi-million-dollar Super PAC

The Bernie Sanders Super PAC I'm talking about is "National Nurses United", which is neither national nor representative of united nurses.  It is registered as a Super PAC.

Here is a NYTimes article describing the relationship:  https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/29/us/politics/bernie-sanders-is-democrats-top-beneficiary-of-outside-spending-like-it-or-not.html

Here is a Politico article called "Pro-Sanders Super PAC brought in $2.3 million":  https://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/bernie-sanders-super-pac-218478
it's by Ken Vogel, Bernie bros' new favorite journalist for aggressively pursuing the Hunter Biden story.

Here's a WaPo article about it:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/02/11/sanderss-claim-that-he-does-not-have-a-super-pac/
this includes a gem quote from the NNU spokesman about how, despite being registered as a Super PAC since 2010, they "don't view themselves as a Super PAC."  I guess that's what really matters, right?

run by a Jill Stein supporter

It's run by RoseAnn DeMoro.  RoseAnn DeMoro advocated for Nina Turner to join the Green ticket and be Jill Stein's VP.  She then spent the entire general election relentlessly attacking Clinton.  She also teamed up with Jill Stein in an effort to persuade Bernie to replace Jill on the Green ticket.

His campaign illegally coordinates with them for staffing and events

Even today, Bernie and RoseAnn do events together.  NNU staffed Sanders events and coordinated with him on messaging and canvassing strategy.  Here is a picture of Bernie Sanders and the woman running his Super PAC embracing with an "NNU Purple heart Bernie" poster behind them.

https://miro.medium.com/max/1424/1*3rvL35WhRhui9P3bi822bw.png

This was listed on his 600 pages of FEC violations in 2016, by far the highest number of FEC violations in history

639 pages to be exact:  https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/5/11/1525428/-FEC-releases-damning-639-pages-of-violations-by-Bernie-Sanders-campaign

The "campaign finance reform candidate", as he'd now like to be known, already has hundreds of pages of FEC violations this year, on pace to set a new record

Here's a 75-page FEC complaint about the Sanders campaign that's just covering 4/1-7/30 2019.  75 pages of FEC complaints in just one quarter, a year before the primary!  https://docquery.fec.gov/pdf/098/201908280300047098/201908280300047098.pdf

Maybe not "hundreds" as I mis-remembered.  But it's far, far, far more than any other candidate.  Which means Bernie is purity-testing on campaign finance reform while violating campaign finance laws more flagrantly than any candidate in history.  That makes him a fraud.

Its money comes only from union dues, and it doesn't seem to be active this year. Those FEC complaints were just people who had given more than $2700 and didn't have their money promptly refunded. Hillary avoided that problem by using the DNC and 33 state parties to launder money to circumvent the $2700 limit, in addition to taking another $2700 for the general election.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1472 on: October 08, 2019, 02:51:12 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 03:12:52 AM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

I mean, I have very little interest in defending Elizabeth Warren, lol.  I've been watching the Sanders crowd dishonestly attack my candidates for four years.  Now that it's Warren's turn in the barrel y'all can enjoy this lovely experience on your own.

I just think it's hilarious for Shadows to attack Warren for being a fraud on campaign finance reform when his candidate is far and away the #1 fraud on campaign finance reform.  And that includes Trump.

jaldskgma,ovzicxmaops[dkf,oqpejamigo'reqhjlmfwe
oinfgo[a]per
jan

That's so absurd I'm not even going to give this the dignity of a response.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1473 on: October 08, 2019, 02:52:46 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2019, 02:56:43 AM by Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting »

You know that one scene from Dumb and Dumber 2? The one scene from a really bad movie that everyone remembers?

I feel like that's Atlas's collective reaction when they log on in the morning and see what just transpired.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1474 on: October 08, 2019, 07:34:24 AM »

It's amazing how fast this new "scandal" fell apart.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies