Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:40:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 134462 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1550 on: October 10, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »

Why some of the blame goes to Bill Nelson losing a gimme race, Gillum should've won a Trump +1 state in a D +9 year.

Every state is unique to itself. Large parts of Florida are basically "the south". Older Cuban voters have never been particularly favorable to black candidates. Gillum was always facing a strong headwind. The polls and national atmosphere didn't mean anything down here.

Why did Obama did relatively well in FL in 2012, especially compared to other Dems in recent years then?

He ignores that Obama won Florida in 2012 against Romney, when he was expected to lose it, because he improved among Hispanic voters compared to 2008. He did better among Cubans and among Puerto Ricans. Had Obama gotten his 2008 numbers among that group, he probably would have lost the state.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1551 on: October 10, 2019, 04:49:04 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2019, 04:58:54 PM by GP270watch »

Why did Obama did relatively well in FL in 2012, especially compared to other Dems in recent years then?

Obama was a once in a generation candidate and most of his support from Cuban voters was from younger Cuban-American voters.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1552 on: October 10, 2019, 04:52:05 PM »

Obama was a once in a generation candidate.

McCain would have won Florida if the economy wasn't in free fall on election day.
JG

« Reply #1553 on: October 10, 2019, 04:58:39 PM »

Gore was far stronger on environmental and foreign policy issues than Clinton, which made him a solid choice.
LOL at you thinking voters really considered the politics of the VP choices before casting their vote. Nobody cares if he is moderate, liberal, or otherwise. People vote off of emotion, identity, and their tribe. Gillum is an intelligent black man, with a beautiful young family, and powerful speaking skills. That's all that will matter at the end of the day. It's obvious Warren wants to lean in on ginning up excitement among AAs. She is plenty populist herself for the "WWC"

I agree. However, my only doubts regarding Gillum is the ethics investigation that could very well turn into another ''but her emails'' if he was tapped as VP.
JG

« Reply #1554 on: October 10, 2019, 04:59:36 PM »

I would be a lot more willing to back and be comfortable with a Warren/Abrams ticket.

I agree. I think she brings all the advantages Gillum brings, without the burden of an ethics investigation.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1555 on: October 10, 2019, 05:00:47 PM »

Gore was far stronger on environmental and foreign policy issues than Clinton, which made him a solid choice.
LOL at you thinking voters really considered the politics of the VP choices before casting their vote. Nobody cares if he is moderate, liberal, or otherwise. People vote off of emotion, identity, and their tribe. Gillum is an intelligent black man, with a beautiful young family, and powerful speaking skills. That's all that will matter at the end of the day. It's obvious Warren wants to lean in on ginning up excitement among AAs. She is plenty populist herself for the "WWC"

I agree. However, my only doubts regarding Gillum is the ethics investigation that could very well turn into another ''but her emails'' if he was tapped as VP.

Gillum would be a disaster for Democrats if he were chosen as Warren's vice-presidential running mate. He couldn't win in Florida, in a Democratic "wave" year, to say nothing of the ethics allegations against him. Warren would be better served by choosing someone like Castro.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1556 on: October 10, 2019, 05:14:07 PM »

No losers pls
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #1557 on: October 10, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »

This is very true.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1558 on: October 10, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »

Why is the Democratic Party so obsessed with these two losers?

Abrams lost.  Gillum lost.  They both lost winnable elections in a wave year.  They're welcome to try again next cycle.  But I wouldn't even say their political skills are above average, much less the prodigy-level talent they would need to make a jump from local politics to the White House even remotely justifiable.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1559 on: October 10, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »

Abrams lost.  Gillum lost.  They both lost winnable elections in a wave year.  They're welcome to try again next cycle.  But I wouldn't even say their political skills are above average, much less the prodigy-level talent they would need to make a jump from local politics to the White House even remotely justifiable.

Abrams' performance was actually extremely impressive though. Gillum's...was not.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1560 on: October 10, 2019, 08:03:10 PM »

Abrams had her election stolen from her. Gillum did not.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1561 on: October 10, 2019, 08:14:19 PM »

I’ve said at least five times on here that a hypothetical Governor Gillum would be the best VP choice Warren could make. But alas, he decided to phone in the last month of the race on the basis of favorable September polls
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1562 on: October 10, 2019, 08:47:19 PM »

Abrams' performance was actually extremely impressive though. Gillum's...was not.

Yeah, there’s no doubt in my mind that’s Gillum would have won if he had ran the kind of race Abrams did
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1563 on: October 10, 2019, 09:03:52 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2019, 09:28:50 PM by GP270watch »

People in here are so delusional talking about Obama won Florida and gimme races to slag off Abrams and Gillium. Exactly how many black governors have been elected in this country?

The answer is only two.

Douglas Wilder - Virginia
Deval Patrick - Massachusetts

Black candidates winning statewide office especially in the south has always been an uphill climb. To put it into perspective how ridiculous this fact is, two Indian Americans have been elected governor in southern states. Just think about that.

TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1564 on: October 10, 2019, 09:30:33 PM »

People in here are so delusional talking about Obama won Florida and gimme races to slag off Abrams and Gillium. Exactly how many black governors have been elected in this country?

The answer is only two.

Douglas Wilder - Virginia
Deval Patrick - Massachusetts

Black candidates winning statewide office especially in the south has always been an uphill climb. To put it into perspective how ridiculous this fact is, two Indian Americans have been elected governor in southern states. Just think about that.

Hardly anyone here is slagging off Abrams. Her performance was indeed impressive. It's Gillum who had no excuse for losing in Florida with the environment that 2018 was in.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1565 on: October 10, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »

Context matters please read my post again and really think about it.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1566 on: October 10, 2019, 10:14:12 PM »

The Warren campaign is rumored to have been reaching out to Andrew Gillum, recently, per reports.

Thoughts on the possibile ticket?

I don't think it could last against Trump. I can't see them winning the Rust Belt, possibly even losing Florida too.

Gillum lost. We need to get over him.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1567 on: October 10, 2019, 10:18:57 PM »

The Warren campaign is rumored to have been reaching out to Andrew Gillum, recently, per reports.

I don't think it could last against Trump. I can't see them winning the Rust Belt, possibly even losing Florida too.

Yes, we ought to get over him, Mr. KANDER2020
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1568 on: October 10, 2019, 10:32:26 PM »

Yes, we ought to get over him, Mr. KANDER2020

I mean, besides not being able to change that, I don't try to prolong a completely dead in the water political career that has no chance of winning the Rust Belt back.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1569 on: October 10, 2019, 10:52:02 PM »

Warren had a moment at the town hall tonight.

Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1570 on: October 10, 2019, 10:56:26 PM »

It’s moments like these (which she has a lot of) that constantly make me question how people make the argument that Warren isn’t charismatic or likeable. Hillary never had moments like these last cycle. Warren’s probably one of the genuinely funniest candidates in the race.
Cinemark

« Reply #1571 on: October 10, 2019, 11:13:30 PM »

Right after that clip, Warren was asked if she ever was against Same-sex marriage while she was a republican and she gave a very heartfelt answer including singing a bible study song. Warren oozes a kind of geniune'ness that i dont think i've ever seen in a politican before. If nothing else, her sick read probably won over some people tonight.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1572 on: October 10, 2019, 11:20:43 PM »

Who also lost a winnable race. This your old Beto fanboyism coming back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJ5wPoLTvY&feature=youtu.be Please do watch this from about 11:34 and broaden your mind beyond fantasy tickets.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1573 on: October 11, 2019, 12:22:37 AM »

I love her. I ****ing love her.
Thank you for being a friend...
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1574 on: October 11, 2019, 12:44:59 AM »

I love her. I ****ing love her.

That was good (:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies