Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:28:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 27193 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: February 22, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »
« edited: February 22, 2018, 05:27:10 PM by Lumine »

Primary Results:

"Upon a fascinating campaign, which included brutal attacks on the airwaves against Vice-President Joe Biden, we can see the Vice-President obtaining his much needed victory in South Carolina after virtually gambling his campaign on it. On the other side of the coin, Clinton's attacks appear to have been highly damaging in Florida, with the Senator trouncing the Vice-President and taking a firm lead in the delegate count:

Democratic South Carolina Primary:

Joe Biden: 55.21% (30)
Hillary Clinton: 44.19% (25)

Democratic Florida Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 58.87% (163)
Joe Biden: 41.13% (113)

Democratic Primary:

Delegates:

Hillary Clinton: 251
Joe Biden: 200

Superdelegates:
(Not included in the delegate count above)

Hillary Clinton: 37
Joe Biden: 20
[color]

"And on the reduced Republican field, it appears Ron Paul has scored quite the upset following a debate victory and an inspired campaign in Florida despite being considered a poor fit for the state. While Governor Ernie Fletcher achieves the predicted victory in this vital state and walks away with 50 delegates, he's kept below 40% as Congressman Paul reaches 33%, followed by Carolla's 27%. Doubtlessly a result that cements Governor Fletcher as the frontrunner for the nomination, but casts Ron Paul as a credible and strong rival, and heralds the arrival of new Republican candidates to the race.

Republican Florida Primary:

Ernie Fletcher: 39.29% (50)
Ron Paul: 33.55% (0)
Adam Carolla: 27.16% (0)

Republican Primary:

Delegates:

Ernie Fletcher: 81
Ron Paul: 8
Adam Carolla: 2
Uncommitted: 24
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #476 on: February 22, 2018, 05:23:43 PM »

2012 Announcement Speech from Former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #477 on: February 23, 2018, 01:59:58 PM »

SCOTT BROWN FOR PRESIDENT

Boston, MA:

It's good to be here with you all tonight!

As we all know, we've seen some seismic shifts in the primaries. It's a tragedy that Governor Christie and Congressman Jones have had their own health problems to deal with, and I wish them the absolute best in their recovery. This can't all be prevented, though. It's life. We deal with the unpredictable all the time, and when the goings get tough, we've gotta be there to fight it out. That's why I'm giving them my total support.

Why am I here on this stage tonight, ladies and gentlemen? After hearing from so many of my constituents, and from Americans all across the country, I've felt as if I have to serve my country in this new and unexpected role: running for President of the United States. I'm running for President to change the lives of millions of Americans for the better. I'm running to give families a decent living and for kids to have the opportunity to succeed. When I say that, I think about my own upbringing. I had a rough childhood. When I was 16, I didn't know what I was going to do. I didn't think I was going to amount to anything. Enough people gave me a chance in this great country, though, and now I stand before you as the man who succeeded Ted Kennedy in the Senate.

The American Dream is real! We can all aspire towards this. It's clear that the dream has gotten harder to achieve in the past few years, though. We've seen a horrible recession, a lagging recovery, and a failure of leadership at the very top. The vision that Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden share is not the way to go. The question is, who will take the fight to them? I'm a survivor. I'm a lieutenant colonel and a member of the National Guard for over 30 years. I know what it means to be confronted with a challenge, but also to overcome them. As President, I'll take that same philosophy to the White House.

Over the coming weeks, you'll see this campaign begin to take shape. I'll be out stumping across the country just as I did in Massachusetts: talking to voters, shaking hands, getting to know people. I've never forgotten where I've come from in life. Now it's my turn to give Americans the same opportunity that I was granted.

I'm Scott Brown, I drive a pickup truck, and I'm running to be your next President. Thank you all!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #478 on: February 25, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »

Turn Nine: The Plot Thickens:
February 1st to February 7th, 2012

In the News!

Christie, Jones withdrawal stuns GOP
Voters up for grabs as Ernie Fletcher becomes frontrunner

Biden wins SC, lives to fight another day
Vice-President carries on, but takes substantial damage from ad attacks

Three new challengers for the GOP
Establishment in panic, Bachmann, Santorum and Brown join primary

1.- Turn: This turn covers a single week, but a crucial one in politics. In OTL this featured the aftermath of Gingrich's meltdown in Florida and the shock rise of Santorum, and this may be a chance for you to score upsets in the middle of a confusing political situation. The battles to fight are the Republican and Maine caucuses in February 4, and on February 7 we will have the Minnesota caucus (both parties), Colorado Caucus (Republican), Missouri Primary (Democratic) and the Missouri "Beauty Contest" (Republican, a primary with no actual delegates, but with considerable momentum and prestige associated).

GE Polling

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 44%
Generic Democrat: 44%
Wesley Clark: 7%
Undecided: 5%

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Ernie Fletcher: 31%
Ron Paul: 20%
Adam Carolla: 16%
Scott Brown: 13%
Michelle Bachmann: 8%
Rick Santorum: 6%
Undecided: 6%

Republicans: Confusion in the GOP

Fully expecting a showdown between Fletcher and Christie to determine who the frontrunner for the nomination would be, the GOP had no way to predict the events that would ensure in the first couple of days after the South Carolina Primary. The withdrawal of Walter Jones stunned plenty in the party despite fears of his campain no longer being viable, and his endorsement of Ron Paul opened some speculation as to whether there could be another credible challenger in the making. The heart attack suffered by Chris Christie and his exit from the primary with several days to go until Florida, however, meant that all hell broke loose.

All of a sudden, large parts of the GOP voting base had been left without a candidate, and the establishment panicked. Having bet heavily on Christie after Romney left the stage (and relying on the Governor's strong GE polling), they were soon left with an unappealing field which featured two Libertarian-aligned candidates not to their taste (Carolla and Paul) and Fletcher, who despite having more credibility as a former Governor is seen as unelectable on account of his past indictment. These misgivings also reached many Tea Party supporters, who weren't fully sold on Paul's views as an obvious alternative.

As Paul, Carolla and Fletcher fought to secure Florida and win a decisive sprinboard, frantic discussions took place in the backstage in the attempt to fight a so called "white knight" to contest the nomination and save the GOP from what many considered potential defeat. With Carolla soon left behind in Florida against the superior organization of his contenders, Fletcher continued to make progress to build his national image due to his continous attack on "political games" (which, constantly unanswered, have allowed him to start crafting his own reputation in the minds of the voters), but was undercut by what many have begun to consider repetitive adversiting. It was therefore a surprise that Congressman Paul stepped up decisively with strong debate performances, advertising and campaiging despite the unpopularity of his views among many in the party.

Paul rode a wave of momentum that placed him strong in Florida and gave him the claim to be the strongest challenger to now frontrunner Fletcher. And the morning after the primary, the three new Republican candidates (all very unexpected names) made their sudden appearance: Senator Scott Brown, former Senator Rick Santorum and Rep. Michelle Bachmann, all known for Tea Party or social conservative ties rather than Establishment or fully moderate credentials. What would happen next?

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 56%
Joe Biden: 41%
Undecided: 3%

Democrats: An inevitable nominee?

In a primary that continues to be fascinating despite lacking as much drama as the GOP race, Vice-President Biden and Senator Clinton fought what seemed to be a stalemate in the latest contests, with Biden taking South Carolina and Clinton capturing Florida. Still, it has been noted by many that the latest days can be considered a significant success by Hilary Clinton, who not only make decisive delegate gains in Florida, but has also expanded her national lead over Biden as a series of anti-Biden ads start to make impact and heavy damage. Clinton, some argue, is more hurt by the circumstances of the primary (having challenged and dethroned a President beloved by a wing of the party and by minority voters) than by current events, having led solid efforts and a message that somewhat dulls the distrust she inspires among some in the party.

By contrast, many observers continue to be disappointed with Vice-President Biden, who while successful in pivoting to the left and claiming a progressive mantle, has failed to expand his base of supporters and has been repeatedly surpassed by Clinton in organization and messaging. The latest example came last week, as the lack of advertising compared to Clinton's harsh attacks had very negative effects for the Biden campaign and their standing in the polls, which beings to slip away. There are those who believe Biden has what it takes to turn the race around and stun Clinton, but there is a question of whether the Vice-President will be able to make the ambitious, large-scale effort that it would take to change the course of the primary.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #479 on: February 25, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »

GOP Average Polling:

NEVADA:

Ron Paul: 36%
Adam Carolla: 21%
Ernie Fletcher: 21%
Scott Brown: 9%
Michelle Bachmann: 5%
Rick Santorum: 4%
Undecided: 4%

MAINE:

Ron Paul: 32%
Scott Brown: 23%
Adam Carolla: 18%
Ernie Fletcher: 16%
Michelle Bachmann: 3%
Rick Santorum: 2%

MINNESOTA:

Ernie Fletcher: 27%
Michelle Bachmann: 24%
Ron Paul: 23%
Adam Carolla: 13%
Scott Brown: 8%
Rick Santorum: 3%
Undecided: 3%

COLORADO:

Ernie Fletcher: 31%
Ron Paul: 20%
Scott Brown: 17%
Adam Carolla: 12%
Michelle Bachmann: 10%
Rick Santorum: 5%

MISSOURI:

Ernie Fletcher: 39%
Michelle Bachmann: 14%
Rick Santorum: 13%
Ron Paul: 11%
Scott Brown: 10%
Adam Carolla: 9%

ARIZONA:

Ernie Fletcher: 32%
Scott Brown: 19%
Ron Paul: 17%
Adam Carolla: 13%
Michelle Bachmann: 7%
Undecided: 7%

MICHIGAN:

Ernie Fletcher: 40%
Scott Brown: 19%
Michelle Bachmann: 12%
Ron Paul: 11%
Adam Carolla: 8%
Rick Santorum: 4%
Undecided: 8%

WASHINGTON:

Adam Carolla: 25%
Ernie Fletcher: 23%
Ron Paul: 21%
Scott Brown: 11%
Michelle Bachmann: 7%
Undecided: 8%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #480 on: February 25, 2018, 08:02:58 PM »

DEM Average Polling:

MINNESOTA:

Joe Biden: 52%
Hillary Clinton: 44%

MISSOURI:

Hillary Clinton: 53%
Joe Biden: 42%

MAINE:

Hillary Clinton: 54%
Joe Biden: 40%

ARIZONA:

Hillary Clinton: 57%
Joe Biden: 38%

MICHIGAN:

Hillary Clinton: 48%
Joe Biden: 48%
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #481 on: February 25, 2018, 09:10:54 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2018, 08:21:46 PM by terp40hitch »

Michele Bachmann's Campaign Schedule For Feburary 1st to 7th

Minnestota:Feburary 1st to 3rd

Feburary 1st

Saint Paul, MN: Launch of National Campaign Headquarters

Minneapolis, MN: Rally with Bachmann

Coon Rapids, MN: Meet and Greet with Voters

Feburay 2nd

Saint Cloud, MN: Meet and Greet with Voters

Moorhead, MN: Townhall with Bachmann

Bemidji, MN: Townhall with Bachmann

Duluth, MN: Meet and Greet with Voters

Twin Cities, MN: Rally with Bachmann

Feburary 3rd

Coon Rapids, MN: Rally with Bachmann

Saint Paul, MN: Rally with Bachmann

Bloomington, MN: Townhall with Bachmann

Minneapolis, MN: Endorsement Rally with Bachmann and Former Governor Tim Pawlenty

Saint Cloud, MN: Rally with Bachmann and Former Governor Tim Pawlenty

Colorado: Feburary 4th

Feburary 4th

Boulder, CO: Meet and Greet with Voters

Denver, CO: Rally with Bachmann

Aspen, CO: Rally with Bachmann

Missouri: Feburary 5th to 6th

Feburary 5th

Jefferson City, MO: Endorsement Rally with Bachmann and Representative Kristi Noem

Columbia, MO: Townhall with Bachmann

Hanibal, MO: Meet and Greet with Voters

Saint Charles, MO: Rally with Bachmann

Feburary 6th

Saint Louis,MO: Rally with Bachmann

Clayton, MO: Townhall with Bachmann

Saint Charles, MO: Rally with Bachmann and Representative Kristi Noem

Minnestota: Feburary 7th

Feburay 7th

Saint Paul, MN: Meet and Greet with Voters at Caucus Site

Minneapolis, MN: Meet and Greet with Voters at Caucus Site

Twin Cities, MN: Meet and Greet with Voters at Caucus Site

Saint Cloud, MN: Election Night Rally with Bachmann

Campaign Staff Operations

• Recruit Percent Captian
  • Reach out to Conservative Women
  • Reach out to weak anti-establishment voters from Carolla
  • Reach out to weak Tea-Party voters from Fletcher and Santorum
  • Focus on lowering taxes, helping business, 2nd amendment rights and shrinking government
  • Call and Text Voters to bring them out
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #482 on: February 25, 2018, 09:12:31 PM »

Santorum Campaign from February 1st-February 7th

February 1st-February 3rd: Campaign in Missouri, strategy is to get as Much Support as possible by using his social conservativism policies, such as Taxes and Abortion.

Highlights:

Rally in St. Louis on February 2nd:

Feb 4th-Feb 7th: Campaign in Alabama and Mississippi on social conservativism
adamevans
United States

« Reply #483 on: February 26, 2018, 03:13:44 PM »

Ernie Fletcher's Surrogates
Campaign Surrogates

Paul LePage: Gov. LePage hit the campaign trail in Maine days before the Maine Caucus by giving a couple pep talks to Fletcher Campaign Staff in Augusta, ME. He joined campaign staff in outreaching to local former Romney supporters and holding several events to bring former Romney supporters to caucus for Fletcher. He also showed up on several local radio stations strongly encouraging Maine Republicans to caucus for Fletcher on Feb. 4th in hopes of gaining a thousand or more caucus goers over the four days. He led most the GOTV Efforts in Maine.

Mike Pence: Rep. Mike Pence flew out to Minnesota to deliver several pep talks to Fletcher Campaign Staff and help momentum and motivation in the state. Pence joined local campaign efforts in reaching out to local fishermen and businessmen. He called Fletcher's plan "the best and most effective plan for business" and also said "Fletcher's tax cutting policies will greatly help the fishing industry." On Caucus Day, Pence helped get out the vote joining GOTV efforts with campaign staff.

Mike Huckabee: Huckabee did not join much on the campaign trail, but he made various national media interviews where he promoted Governor Fletcher's campaign in an attempt to boost his national recognition.

Newt Gingrich: Gingrich flew out to Carson City, NV to meet with campaign staff. He held several events with campaign staff reaching out to local Romney supporters, latinos, and religious leaders where he promoted Fletcher's campaign as "the only one who will get real legislation passed that benefits us." Gingrich also took several national media interviews to promote Fletcher's campaign. Gingrich led and coordinated most GOTV Efforts in Carson City and surrounding areas.

Bill Owens: Gov. Bill Owens, who had surprisingly taken interest in the 2012 election, began February giving pep talks to motivate Fletcher campaign staff in Colorado. Bill met with campaign leaders in Denver, CO to talk about GOTV Plans. After that, Owens held a series of round-table discussions in Colorado with his supporting promoting his campaign and policy platform.

Sonny Perdue: Perdue flew out to Colorado and held several fundraisers. Perdue led the fundraising efforts in Colorado.

Haley Barbour: After endorsing Fletcher, Gov. Barbour appeared on national tv interviews saying Fletcher, "was always my 2nd choice for President" and promoted his campaign to former Christie supporters. He also promotes tax policy and foreign policy on national interviews. He calls it "Smart, but also stable" and says "Right now, Fletcher has the best policy to fix our broken foreign policy." Haley flies out to Urban Maine to hold several round-table discussions with former Christie supporters and talks about how "If you supported Christie before, Fletcher is the best option in the race right now."

Marco Rubio: After the Florida primary, Rubio continued to show his support for Fletcher. He flew out to Las Vegas, NV. Marco met with campaign staff and gave a couple pep talks before meeting with campaign leaders to talk about a GOTV Plan. Rubio later held several events called "Hispanics for Ernie" where Marco outreached to local Hispanics with campaign leaders to caucus for Ernie on Nov. 4th. Marco led GOTV Efforts on the 4th. After the Nevada Caucus, Rubio appeared on CNN, FOX News, and other news anchors to promote Fletcher's campaign (while making time for congressional duties)

Matt Blunt: Blunt continued campaigning with Fletcher campaign staff including several "Missourians for Ernie" events as well as several pep talks and meet & greets. Different from other weeks, Matt Blunt appeared on local Missouri news stations to promote Fletcher's policy on crime and taxes.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #484 on: February 26, 2018, 03:37:33 PM »

What Carolla did part 1
Carolla went out to Nevada and try to show the people how fillmiar He is too the state of Nevada and also tried to reach out to former Jones supporters and tried to show himself as the most libertarian candidate in the race.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #485 on: February 26, 2018, 03:38:43 PM »

FOXNEWS BREAKING NEWS: Bachmann backed by Pawlenty and Noem

Megyn Kelly-"Welcome back to the Kelly File and right now we have breaking news from the Bachmann campaign. Bachmann has been endorsed by both former Governor of Minnesota Tim Pawlenty and Representative from South Dakota Kristi Noem.

The office of Pawlenty wrote in his statement-" I have decided to endorse the only true conservative in the race and the only conservative that will actually bring real change to Washington. That is why I ask my fellow Republicans to support Michele Bachmann for president." also the office of Noem wrote-"We need a tea party conservative in the white house next year and that is why I am so excited to endorse Michele Bachmann. We need real change next year and we don't need to nominate another corrupt Washington politician. Bachmann knows how to bring change and bring conservative values to Washington."

Both Noem and Pawlenty will campaign with Bachmann this week leading up to the Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado caucus. Bachmann hopes that with these endorsements she will be able to win Minnesota and win a strong second in Missouri. Whether or not that happens these endorsements are a big deal since it shows she can win support from both the Tea-Party and establishment Republicans"
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #486 on: February 26, 2018, 03:52:04 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2018, 08:02:42 AM by terp40hitch »

Michele Bachmann Surrogate Schedule

Former Governor Tim Pawlenty:
After an endorsement rally in Minnesota, Pawlenty lead the GOTV Plans in Minnesota. He also barnstormed the St. Cloud area while leading events called Minnesotans for Bachmann.

Reperestive Kristi Noem: After endorsing Bachmann in Missouri, she barnstormed North Eastern Missouri. Noem's main goal for the week was to bring conservative women to the polls in both Missouri and Minnesota in support of Bachmann. While Noem was not on the campaign trail she was the face of the campaign on tv broadcast when Bachmann couldn't herself be interviewed.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #487 on: February 26, 2018, 04:18:31 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
February 1 to February 7, 2012

February 1: Senator Clinton holds an early morning press conference in Tallahassee, Florida to thank her supporters and her surrogates "who worked tirelessly" to secure the massive Clinton victory in the Sunshine State. After the press conference, she flies to Washington, D.C.

February 2: Senator Clinton spends the day on Senate-related work, while senior campaign staffers hold strategy talks in Baltimore.

February 3: Senator Clinton spends the day on Senate-related work, while senior campaign staffers hold strategy talks in Baltimore.

February 4: Senator Clinton flies from Washington, D.C. to Minneapolis, Minnesota early in the morning. She holds a town hall meeting at the Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts in Minneapolis in the morning, using it as a platform to convey her economic policy to the "hardworking folks of the Upper Midwest". After the town hall, Senator Clinton drives to St. Paul and holds a rally in Xcel Energy Center. In her speech, Senator Clinton laments Vice President Biden's "continual gaffes and faux pas" and argues that "one of his slip up at the wrong moment could destabilize" the global community. She also presents her economic recovery plan as "better for the real working class" than Vice President Biden's. In the evening, she has dinner with a group of Clinton Campaign volunteers in St. Cloud and then spends an hour making GOTV phone calls with them.

February 5: Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton attend morning services at the Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church. After the services, Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton fly to Michigan. Upon arrival in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Senator Clinton, Former President Clinton, and Senator Debbie Stabenow tour the University of Michigan Medical School and meet with "the doctors of tomorrow". After the tour, the trio travel across town to Michigan Stadium where they hold a rally. Senator Stabenow introduces Former President Clinton, who introduces Senator Clinton. Much like the rally in Minnesota, Senator Clinton uses the Michigan rally to present her economic recovery plan. After the rally in Michigan, Senator Clinton flies back to Minnesota.

February 6: Senator Clinton spends the morning door knocking with Clinton Campaign volunteers in Duluth, Minnesota. After a few hours of door knocking, Senator Clinton drives to Virginia, Minnesota, where she tours a portion of George Washington State Forest. She uses the opportunity to discuss the need for strict environmental controls to preserve "our natural bounty" while also protecting jobs. From Virginia, Minnesota, Senator Clinton flies to Rochester, Minnesota. In Rochester, she tours the IBM facility their. She applauds IBM for "always being on the cutting edge" of technology and industry. Senator Clinton also meets with employees of Think Mutual Bank and stresses the importance of "local, community banks" to the American economy. Over night, Senator Clinton flies to Missouri.

February 7: Senator Clinton begins the day by door knocking with Clinton Campaign volunteers in Kansas City, Missouri. She then travels to the Clinton Campaign's Missouri State Headquarters in Kansas City and makes an hour of GOTV calls with volunteers. Senator Clinton then tours the Sprint office in Kansas City and meets with employees there, praising Sprint's role in "America's technological revolution." She also visits several polling locations in nearby Independence, Missouri. Senator Clinton takes an early evening flight to Bloomington, Minnesota to hold a final GOTV rally at Normandale Community College. After the GOTV rally, she travels around to various caucus sites to rally caucusgoers. She and senior campaign staffers watch results come in from Missouri and Minnesota at the JW Marriot Minneapolis.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #488 on: February 26, 2018, 07:00:41 PM »

New endorsements/surrogate schedules

Joe Biden is pleased to accept the endorsements of Greg Stanton, Phil Gordon, Al Franken and Jerry Brown.

Biden's surrogates will be campaigning as follows:

Beau Biden will be campaigning in Minnesota and Missouri

Jim Clyburn will be campaigning in Georgia, Alabama,Missouri, and Michigan

Shelley Berkeley will be campaigning for her Senate seat, plus for Biden in Arizona.

Carl Levin will be campaigning in Michigan.

John Lewis will be campaigning in Georgia, Missouri, Tennessee and Michigan.

Sherrod Brown will be campaigning in Michigan and Minnesota.

Al Gore will be campaigning in Michigan, Minnesota and Maine.

Alan Grayson will be fundraising in Florida.

Bernie Sanders will be campaigning in Michigan, Minnesota, Maine and Vermont.

Jack Markell will be campaigning in Delaware.

Jerry Brown will be campaigning in Arizona and California.

Greg Stanton and Phil Gordon will be campaigning in Arizona.

Phil Bredesen will be campaigning in Tennessee, Georgia, Missouri, Arkansas, Alabama and Mississippi.

Russ Feingold will be campaigning in Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Maine.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #489 on: February 26, 2018, 07:59:51 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2018, 08:06:42 PM by terp40hitch »

Bachmann's First Campaign Advertisement Buy: "Rights"
Bought In Colorado, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota and Ohio

Narrator-"We need a candidate in the white house that knows what the constitution stands for and what rights are granted to the people of the United States."

Narrator-"That's why we need to nominate Michele Bachmann for president. She knows what needs to be done to protect the constitution. She will also protect people's rights wether freedom of religion or freedom to own a firearm or freedom to be secure in there own house, she will protect them as president."

Michele Bachmann-"I understand the constitution and as president, I am going protect your rights and I will never allow another person to oppress your natural rights granted by God."

Narrator-"Let's elect the true Tea-Party conservative in the race and elect Michele Bachmann to be president next year to protect mine, yours and everybody's natural rights."

I'm Michele Bachmann and I approve this message
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #490 on: February 27, 2018, 09:13:30 AM »

Carolla campaigns in Nevada on the tax code

Now I see people on the Democratic side and even with more well more moderate Republicans that the we should have a Tax rate above 33%!  That’s is bogus and let me tell you why.  A study by a bunch of well known and trusted economists and before you say it yes it’s a bipartisan group of both liberal and conservative economists.  Even they agreed with the fact and the truth that is if the code on anything and on anyone goes about 33% that would be a horrible thing to the economy!  President Obama thought that was a good idea to do that in a time of  recession!  

As President I will make sure every single tax and fee in this country will be either gone or under 33%!!

But then again they prob will already be gone!! *laughs*
adamevans
United States

« Reply #491 on: February 27, 2018, 09:24:41 AM »

Denver, Colorado
8th Republican Presidential Debate

All Republican candidates are invited to attend

adamevans
United States

« Reply #492 on: February 27, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »

February, 2012

Ernie Fletcher's Statement on Rep. Walter Jones & Gov. Chris Christie's Withdrawal

YaBB God
United States

« Reply #493 on: February 27, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »

Santorum Debate Answers

Well, If you ask me, I think we can all agree on one thing: Radical Islamic Terrorism. For too long, President Obama and even President Bush, to an extent, bowed to the demands of there radical terrorists. Think about what happens if we continue to bend the knee to these terrorists. It's tragic, Terror attacks almost every day. I promise 3 things to do about this if I become President:

1. I will hold a temporary ban on all Muslims entering this country. We don't know if someone has intentions for terrorism or where they come from. By holding a temporary ban, we can figure out what the hell is going on and stop terrorism from coming here.

2. I will bring back Big Stick Diplomacy, the policy of Theodore Roosevelt, President from 1901-1909. He was one of only a handful of Presidents I believe made this country strong and powerful. It's time to show these terrorists that we aren't joking around and that if you attack us, we will strike twice as hard at you. No longer can we be a weakling and bow to the demands of Terrorists. Big stick diplomacy is the way!

3. Finally, I will launch an investigation in ways that we can improve our chances to defend against Terrorism. I want us to be 99.999% safe for a terrorist attack. We can never be 100% safe but it's best to be so safe that it'll be damn impossible and near suicide to attack us!

Good Question, I would like to answer this in the most simple way possible. JFK, Bush, Reagan, Wilson, all good presidents and guess what they did. They gave large tax cuts. The bigger the cuts, the more the rich can invest. The more the rich invest, the more jobs our economy gets, the less of a chance we will have another crash. Also, no government involvement, because Government is not the solution to the problem, it is the problem. This was proven when the Great Depression was Prolonged by the Government Interventionism of FDR. Look that up. The economy was on it's way to recovering but FDR ruined it. So here are my big two to prevent another crash: Tax Cuts and No Government intervention.

Thanks for giving the question. Now, I can't completely help you in your business as I believe in Lazziez Faire and if the market does not want you, then the government won't support you. However, if you are proving to well with the market. We'll give you checks of $10,000 to help you expand and grow your business. I'm giving you this as an incentive to continue to do well as from signing that check, I am giving you the trust of your government. Further more, I won't force you to do anything you won't be able to do or don't want to do. There shall be no government mandate and instead everything will be determined by the market. Thank you again.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2018, 01:56:04 PM »

Carolla debate answers.

1.What is the greatest threat America faces in the world and how will you tackle it?
North Korea is our biggest threat to us and our allies.  They play dumb but they know exactly what they are doing. Not only are they threatening us they are a threat to our Asian allies such as South Korea and Japan. And they are on a quest for domination of the Pacific.

And they perhaps could not us attack us like litterly they could sneak attack us. They could start cyber warfare with us. Our computers need to be locked and loaded and prepared for something like this cause something tells me that they are they type of people that would do such a thing.

2.The financial recession in 2008 is seen as a major weakness to the Republican Party. How will you prevent another crash?

Well we need to go after Wall Street. All these other politicians I see in DC say they will be tough on Wall Street however they just end up lying because they are controlled by those same people. We saw this with Obama in 2008. And whille I think Occupy Wall Street has gotten out of control I still stand with the message. We need also to abolish the Federal Reserve. It is prob the reason why we are still in this mess. These bankers and firms love chaos they love looking at normal people who have normal lifes and jobs and love to just look at their sad faces that desperately need help and they just laugh at it. They just laugh and laugh until they pass out!!!

Also we spend too many on so many programs.  The more we spend the more the deficit goes up and more the debt goes up too.  As President I will fight for a balence budget amendment to make sure that Washington doesn’t spend more that they can.

3.This question comes from the audience: I own a small gardening business in Kansas. How will you, as President, help my small business?

Well I am pretty sure you have a nice business and you have a nice life going for you.  As President I plan on cutting the corporate tax rate and make sure that Small Businesses pay less and that you make more and create healthy competition between small businesses.

I want to reform our so called free trade aggrements I will try to at least make sure deals like WTO NAFTA and CAFTA are fairer to Amercian businesses and workers and their families.  I am for free trade however we don’t have free trade!! We still have tariffs and restriction trade with countries. Which hurts Americans when it comes to getting cheaper goods with our biggest friends.  So yes I have a good plan for you and your business.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2018, 03:00:53 PM »

Democratic Debate in Detroit Michigan

Hi im Anderson Cooper and welcome to the CNN Democratic debate live here in Detroit Michigan between Senator Hillary Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden.

Give us your opening statements

Question 1:Since Detroit is the called the Motor City for a reason and is still in other ways a town full of industries. However in 2008 this town crashed and so did the Industries with it.  Now President Obama however in 2009 was able to saved the industry from total collapse with his bailouts. However still not all the problems are gone. As President how do you plan on making Detroit and perhaps the  the thriving town it once was?

Question 2:Some people and candidates have talked about trade reform such as what is the future of NAFTA,CAFTA and WTO which even here some people have considered that these deals have ruined places like Detroit and working class families?  What would you do to make sure to make Amercia the best place to trade with?

3.To both candidates. Both of you have been in the senate for a while. Mr Biden of course was a veteran. If you were elected in December how would you work with a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate?

4.Since Russ Feingold exit progressives are struggling to find a candidate in this election. Senator Clinton and Vice President Biden tell us why you are the best candidate for progressives to support?

5.To Senator Clinton. People have noticed your opinions on topics like gay marriage, NAFTA and Wall Street have changed since your days in the White House. People have called them flip flops. Can you please explain what happened and why you changed them?

6.To Vice President Biden. While Obama is still a popular president in a way he stills to some has been seen as a letdown. If elected will you try to carry on where Obama succeeded and try to finish what he started or would you act like a different person and president?

Closing statements
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:43 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
February 2012 Debate

Clinton: Detroit has always been a haven for industry and innovation. A lot of that comes from the can-do spirit of the great people of this city. When the auto industry went sour in 2008, a lot of people were hurt by it. Now, the President can't have a magic wand and make the jobs come back. That just can't happen. But what we can do, and what I'll do as President, is push for employee re-education programs to help former auto industry employees, and other Americans left behind in the Obama Recovery, transition into the new, post-recession economy. I will also present Congress with an ambitious plan to invest in small businesses and local communities, and help adult learners go to two- or four-year higher education programs. It's from the ground up that we will get Americans back on their feet and back on work.

Clinton: We've discussed this question in the primary before, but I'm always glad to present my vision for this country at every opportunity. I've been working for free and fair trade since I entered public service. America must be the leading member of the global economic community. I think this is an unequivocal position, something any economist worth their degree will tell you that free trade is good for consumers. It brings low-cost products into the market, increases competition for products, and allows each country to find what they excel at and do it well. As President, I would work with our friends in Asia and in Europe to develop new and strong trade agreements that benefit Americans, as consumers and employees. Is every free trade agreement we're currently in perfect? No. And as President I will work to fix some of the flaws in our free trade system to make it more free, more fair, and more honest. This means working towards trade deals that give workers across the globe equal treatment and a livable wage, for humanitarian purposes and also to put American workers on equal footing with their foreign counterparts.

Clinton: I've been in the Senate for the last 12 years. A lot of that time has been under a Republican Majority. Despite that, I've been on the front lines of crafting policy and shaping the national discussion. As President, I will work with a possible Republican Congress in the same way I've worked with Republicans in the Senate - by proposing strong, bipartisan ideas that work for the American people. It's important for people in Washington to remember that that's the reason we're in office: to work for the American people and create a better country to live in. That will always be my approach when working with Congress, regardless of which party has the majority.

Clinton: Again, this is something we've talked about a lot during this campaign. I refuse to pander my campaign to any interest group or specific segment of the electorate. I'm running, and I've run, a campaign based on presenting a clear, bold vision for the United States of America. For a lot of my career, I was labelled as a liberal, which would be progressive by today's standards. I've also been called a moderate or a centrist. I've never been able to be pegged into a specific ideological stance and I think my campaign has proven that. If progressive Democrats want a candidate who can win the primary, who can win in November, and who has the strongest plan for our country's future, they should vote for me. Any Democrat, any Republican, any American who wants a clear vision for American should vote fore me.

Clinton: Anyone with a career in the public eye as long as mine will undoubtedly have evolved in their positions over the course of their time. While some of my specific policies may have changed over the decades, the guiding principles that have always led my career have remained the same. Every day, I get up and ask "What can I do today to make American a better place to live?". That's how I've tried to direct my choices and positions during my time in public service. My goal has always been to move America forward. What policies that takes shape in, I guess, can change as time goes on.

Clinton: This now the fifth or sixth time, I think, that I've been able to speak to the American people directly from a debate stage during this campaign. I want to thank you all for inviting myself and Vice President Biden, and the various other candidates, into your homes and your living rooms. I hope that over the course of these several debates that we've been able to present the clear differences between myself and the Vice President, in personality, temperament, and substantive policy. I hope that you've been able to take the time to think about which candidate will better represent the Democratic Party and the United States of America, and which candidate can win the election in November. I want to thank you all for taking part in our democracy and for taking the steps to be involved and knowledgeable about the issues and candidates in this race. I hope we'll be able to talk again soon.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2018, 04:07:52 PM »

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule
February 1 to February 7, 2012

Senator Jeanne Shaheen rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Bill Nelson rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Mayor Tom Menino rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Governor Andrew Cuomo rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Mark Warner rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Missouri.

Senator Dianne Feinstein rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Governor John Hickenlooper rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Senator Debbie Stabenow rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Senator Tom Harkin rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Minnesota.

Congressman Dave Loebsack rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Minnesota.

Governor Brian Schweitzer rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Minnesota.

Governor Dannel Malloy rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Former Senator Bob Graham leads Clinton Campaign national fundraising efforts.

Former Florida CFO Alex Sink leads GOTV operations in Minnesota.

Former Maine Governor John Baldacci rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Maine Congresswoman Chellie Pingree rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle leads GOTV operations in Missouri.

Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell leads Clinton Campaign fundraising efforts on the East Coast.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »

Biden Debate Answers (minus responses to Senator Clinton)

Let's get to the bare bones. I need the help to win the nomination, and our party needs a nominee who is not hated by every single Republican in the country, who has so-called scandals a mile high, and who can fight for progressive values without being demonized by the opposition. That would be me, not Senator Clinton.

1. Detroit's problem's are twofold. One is of course, the slump in auto sales, which I intend to fix by creating incentives for U.S Auto manufacturers to build here, and to improve their products, and the other is the city's declining population, inability of property owners to pay their tax bills, and the corruption of former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, which led to a multiple count indictment, and Detroit being the laughingstock of Michigan for the past few years. To fix that, we need a strong Housing and Urban Development Department, and most importantly, a competent Mayor and City Council in Detroit. With those things, Detroit can begin to recover from the doldrums it is in.

2. Some of these trade deals have worked in some fashion, like NAFTA, CAFTA and the WTO. However not everyone in all countries covered by these deals have benefited from these trade deals. As President, I will seek to renegotiate these deals to be more even for all parties involved.

3. Hopefully there won't be a Republican majority in either house...especially the Senate, where we have the majority, if I'm not mistaken. However, if there is one, I feel I am better suited to work with one, because I am not hated by almost every Republican like Senator Clinton is.

4. I have endorsements from Senator Feingold, Senator Brown, Governor Brown and Senator Sanders all of whom are progressive heroes, and people are saying I'm having trouble consolidating the progressive vote? I don't get it. Senator Clinton isn't progressive at all, she's a mistress of triangulation.

5. I'm definitely an admirer of President Obama's "hope and change" campaign in 2008, and his stimulus package when trying to save our economy back in 2009. However, I'm my own person, and that means as President, I'll be putting a slightly different spin on the job.

It's been honor to once again be on the debate stage, and I have to thank Senator Clinton for bothering to show up. It was soo lonely last time... Thanks as well to everyone who tuned in, and I hope to win in Minnesota, Missouri, Maine, Michigan, and maybe even Arizona.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2018, 04:14:04 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2018, 07:44:41 PM by terp40hitch »

Michele Bachmann's Debate Answers

Bachmann-"America has many presents and real threats today whether it be economic or foreign but the number one threat I see this great nation facing is the middle east.

In December, President Obama pulled the rest of the troops out of Iraq leaving that nation without a working government and has lead to the rise of new terrorist groups. This destabilized middle east has lead to a soar in gas prices and working Americans across this country can barely afford the gas for their car every morning.

That is why I am going to fight every day against the new threats, that is why I am going to raise how much we spend per year on our military to keep America safe and keep the rights, granted by God for the people of America, safe."

Bachmann-"My heart broke when I saw millions of Americans losing their jobs. Now, We are on a slow recovery path but as president, through cut business tax and deregulation we are going to allow every single one of those people who lost their job in 2008 get it back.

On the issue of preventing another crash, my administration will cut government back so business don't rely on the government. This will allow business to make their own chooses and when they see there sales projection down they can fix it without government interference.

The truth is that business knows better than the government about how to fix their own company. That is why I am going to get government out and allow business to control their own decisions."

Bachmann-"President Obama has been one of the worse presidents ever for small business. During already one of the hardest times for a startup small business, President Obama decided it was a good time to sign new executive orders making more job-killing regulations.

As president, I am going to repeal every single one of the disastrous anti-business regulations put in place by the Obama administration. I will also get rid of one of the stupidest taxes ever, the self-employment tax which has hurt thousands of business across this country.

When I am president there will not be an 80% business failure rate within the first year of business, I promise you that. The Bachmann administration will help small business and we will not kill them through more taxes and more regulation.

We are going to cut taxes, create jobs and deregulate and then finally small business can flourish without the government on their backs."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies