Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:35:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26512 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: February 27, 2018, 04:17:41 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #9
A Seat for Everyone at the Table, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #10
In Their Own Words, Airing Nationwide
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #501 on: February 27, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2018, 10:00:00 PM by terp40hitch »

Michele Bachmann's Second Campaign Advertisment Buy: "Safety"
Bought in Minnestota, Colorado, Maine, Washington, Ohio and Wyoming

Narrator-"It is one of the most dangerous times in America, with facing threats from Terrorist Groups, North Korea, China, Russia and the list goes on."

Narrator-"Our military has kept us safe from attacks like what happened just eleven years ago on 9/11."

Narrator-"But now Ron Paul wants to reduce the military budget which will not only hurt the defense of the United States but also cut millions of soldiers salaries."

Narrator-"This is a dangerous plan in these times as so many countries are threating our great nation."

Narrator-"We need a real leader in the White House ready to face any threat toward America, that leader is Michele Bachmann"

Bachmann-"I plan on spending more on our military so our brave men and women overseas can get a decent salary and so we can keep the Americans within this great nation safe and protect."

Narrator-"Vote for Michele Bachmann for president to keep you and your children safe."

I'm Michele Bachmann and I approve this message
adamevans
United States

« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2018, 07:44:04 PM by Evans »

"Real Hope"
Ernie Fletcher's 10th Television Ad
Aired in Nevada, Maine, Arizona, Michigan, and Minnesota

"Three years ago, America was promised hope."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-scene shifts through various inner city poverty lines-

"Unfortunately, that promise was unfulfilled."

"Today, we suffer from a stagnant economy with unemployment above 9%"

"With a healthcare system that penalizes people who cannot afford it"

"An administration that focuses on political games rather than economic recovery"

"And more people in poverty than ever before"

-scene turns to complete black-

"Eight years ago, the people of Kentucky were promised hope."

-scene shifts through Governor Fletcher with Kentuckians-

"And that promised was fulfilled."

"Hundreds of thousands of poor Kentuckians no longer had to pay state taxes"

"And Kentucky saw it's first comprehensive energy policy ever, creating 3,000 coal jobs after decades of decline while supporting renewable energy"

"Kentucky saw it's first education spending increase after years of flat education spending"

"As well as it's first budget surplus in many, many years"

"And more Kentuckians employed than ever before."

-scene shifts to a Fletcher Presidential Campaign Rally-

Fletcher: "Let's deliver real change and real hope! And let's do it now!"

-cheering-

"Ernie Fletcher for President"

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
adamevans
United States

« Reply #503 on: February 28, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »

"Electable"
Ernie Fletcher's 11th Television Ad
Aired in Nevada, Washington, Arizona, Michigan, Missouri, and Colorado

"The establishment called Reagan unelectable. They said he would leave the Republican Party to certain defeat."

"Of course, we all know how that turned out."

Reporter: "After rising in polls, Ernie Fletcher is being accused of being unelectable, particularly by establishment figures."

"Doesn't that sound familiar?"

"If Fletcher is the front runner for the nomination with a record of delivering tax relief, improving education, creating budget surpluses, and Kentucky's first comprehensive energy policy as Governor, then I surely hope he's as 'unelectable' as Reagan"

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2018, 10:13:56 AM »

Santorum Ad #1: "False Land of Milk and Honey" Attack ad on Adam Carolla to air in Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Alabama

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2018, 11:18:21 AM »

Carolla responds to Rick Santorum in Tacoma Washington

So Mr Santorum decided to make a ad attacking me and slandering me as someone who can’t do the job done!!
*Crowd boos*
Well Rick the great President Reagan and Eisenhower weren’t career politicians and they still ended up winning big in their own  elections!   And Rick I am just as Amercian as you are. I vote I have the same rights as you, I pay taxes and bills  I have a wife and kids just like you! This isn’t a joke this time I am not trying to be funny this time!!!

So what makes you think I cant go out and do what I have been doing almost the past year whille you can?

I’m not the same guy you saw on The Man Show or the same guy who voiced Spanky Ham on Drawn Together! So obviously you don’t separate from acting and being a actual person!

I don’t know about you but I am running to President not running to slander fellow opponents.

*Crowd cheers*

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #506 on: February 28, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »

Schedule for Joe Biden

February 1, 2012

Meet Voters in Ladue, Missouri

Speech in Jennings, Missouri
Republicans are so eager to take on Hillary Clinton, that they've already started rehashing old conspiracy theories. I heard Rush Limbaugh was diving back into the whole Vince Foster imbroglio yesterday...Now I believe that Hillary is innocent of murder in this scenario, but the way Limbaugh was presenting it, he made it seem like Hillary was standing in the room and pulled the trigger, which is something she'd never do, at least not the Hillary Clinton I know. However, there was a coverup afterwards, and I have no doubt that one or both Clinton's were responsible for that.

Meet Voters in Pine Lawn, Missouri

Meet Voters in Woodson Terrace, Missouri

Speech in Ferguson, Missouri
You know, there's something fishy about Senator Clinton deciding to primary the first black President, after losing to him in 2008... it may just be sour grapes, but I sense something more sinister in her repeated challenge to President Obama, and ultimately driving him from the race.

Meet Voters in Calverton Park, Missouri

February 2, 2012

Meet Voters in Buckner, Missouri

Speech in Grandview, Missouri
So, Mr. Man-on-Dog entered the race this past week. Of course, I could only be talking about Senator Rick Santorum. By the way, did you see him at the Republican debate yesterday, calling for a ban on Muslim immigrants entering the country? That's an idea only a demented mind could dream up, Senator, and it makes think that you are planning to take us on a Crusade to conquer the Muslim world should you be elected. For your sake, I hope you don't succeed in securing the Republican nomination.

Meet Voters in Lone Jack, Missouri

Meet Voters in Sugar Creek, Missouri

Speech in Raytown, Missouri
The fact is General Clark, is only in this race to harm the Democratic nominee, whoever that may be. Clearly he didn't get over not being nominated in 2004...

February 3, 2012

Meet Voters in Buhl, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

Meet Voters in Minnetrista, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

Meet Voters in Deephaven, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

February 4, 2012

Meet Voters in Medina, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

Meet Voters in Woodland, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

Debate (Huh) Detroit, Michigan

Meet Voters in Gibralter, Michigan (With Carl Levin)

February 5, 2012

Attend Cabinet meeting, Washington D.C

February 6, 2012

Meet Voters in North Oaks, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

Meet Voters in Gem Lake, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

Meet Voters in Little Canada, Minnesota (With Al Franken)

February 7, 2012

GOTV in Minnesota and Missouri

Election night rally at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #507 on: February 28, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2018, 02:39:20 PM by terp40hitch »

Bachmann Campaign's Minnestota, Colordao and Missouri GOTV Strategy

With Nevada and Maine certain wins for Ron Paul, Bachmann campaign toned down expectations and put all effort in Minnesota, Missouri, and Colorado.

Bachmann's Minnestota Campaign GOTV Strategy

To the Bachmann campaign, Bachmann needs a win in Minnesota to build momentum leading up to Super Tuesday. With the endorsement of popular former Governor Tim Pawlenty and the momentum, she got from her announcements she believes she can win in Minnesota. The plan to win is to win over Tea-Party supporters from Fletcher with her conservative agenda and pull away supporters from Paul with her ad "Saftey" which targeted Paul's liberal military view. Bachmann's goal is to bring out support from Saint Cloud and the Twin Cities which are both inside of her congressional district. This will be the first win for Bachmann and it will help prove that Bachmann has the tea party support.

Bachmann's Missouri Campaign GOTV Strategy

Missouri is Solid for Fletcher but the fight for Bachmann is for second place. Second is necessary though it gives no delegates it does give momentum which Bachmann will need if Bachmann wants to get second in Michigan. To be able to earn second place, the Bachmann volunteers will target the most conservative cities in Missouri like Dexter and Branson focusing on issues of cutting taxes. If Bachmann over performs which would be over 15% she would use the momentum to start to campaign in Michigan and Super Tuesday states.

Bachmann's Colorado Campaign GOTV Strategy

Colorado like Missouri is Solid for Fletcher but Bachmann is putting effort into Colorado to start gaining delegates. Bachmann in Colorado will focus on cutting government back and try to bring out voters in Aspen, Colorado and other rural areas. The ultimate goal for the Bachmann Colorado campaign is to at least earn a delegate.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #508 on: February 28, 2018, 10:05:45 PM »

What Carolla did

Carolla got his wife to campaign for him later in Nevada and Washington whille start to expand his campaign into Colorado and Minnesota in which he promised as President in his first week he would legalize marijuana everywhere.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #509 on: March 01, 2018, 10:00:43 AM »
« Edited: March 01, 2018, 03:54:12 PM by Evans »

8th Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers & Responses

Well, I think the greatest threats we face abroad are the ones that hit right at home. Right now, we have soaring gas prices. 2011 saw the biggest price for a gallon in decades. One gallon costed more than $3.50 on average last year. That is ludicrous. We rely far too much on overseas oil. It means overseas oil companies can raise prices on us when people go out for vacations in the Spring & Summer. Any reasonable analysis of oil reserves in the U.S can show that we can perform energy independence, and perhaps become the world's biggest producer of energy.

It's not like we haven't tackled this problem before in Kentucky when I was Governor. By the end of my term, we had around $1.00 lower in gas prices compared to the national average. Our campaign is the only one who shows real experience to deal with our rising gas prices. Now, we must utilize our nation's resources if we strive to be prosperous in the world. From renewable to coal to oil, we have one shot at bringing our gas prices back down after they have rising.

We will achieve at least $2.50 p/ gallon, and we will never bow down to another Arabian king. Of course, there are many other priorities for my policy abroad. Killing Osama Bin Laden is a priority. Adjustments to NAFTA and the TPP is another priority. But when Americans wake up to paying $3.50 a gallon every day to work, something must be done about that.

I don't see it as the fault of the Republican Party. I don't think tax cuts caused the recession. When the housing bubble popped, that's what caused the recession. After President Barack's policies have not fixed this recession, I think it's time for a new approach to fixing our economy. We have only continued to see record breaking poverty, record breaking gas prices, and record breaking debt.

We will prevent another crash when we stop providing government support with real estate. As we saw in 2008, the housing bubble popped and millions of jobs were lost among other things. This recession doesn't have to be a weakness because Republican ideals are not the reason the market crashed.

Well, when I pass my tax modernization plan, everyone will get more money back in the end, especially businesses. The tax system we have right now has proved itself to stifle key economic recovery that people like you need. On top of that, right now, we have the biggest corporate tax in the industrialized world, significantly above the world average. It drives jobs, profits, and tax revenues overseas. That's why I'll cut the corporate tax rate to 20% to keep those profits here for your business. 

I've been able to cut taxes as Representative and Governor. I never voted against a tax cut and I never voted for a tax increase. Our campaign is the only one with governing experience in cutting middle class taxes. I think it's time we end the games of he said and she said and actually get down to cutting taxes for businesses like your own.

terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #510 on: March 01, 2018, 03:18:04 PM »
« Edited: March 01, 2018, 03:39:32 PM by terp40hitch »

Bachmann's Reponse to Ron Paul's attacks of "Saftey"

Ron Paul is a good friend but his view of the military are not the views of the Republican Party or the Tea-Party. Paul believes the only thing that will save our debt is cutting our defense and cutting our brave men and women fighting for our freedom's salaries. The truth is we don't need to sacrifice our defense to balance our debt.

As president, I am going to cut taxes, cut government and cut spending but I won't do it by sacrificing our freedom. I am going to cut programs such as social security, healthcare and more government programs that have wasted massive amounts of our hard working Americans money.

Ron Paul may call himself a Tea-Party Republican but that is far from the truth, he doesn't stand for the Republican party values. We need a true tea-party conservative who will cut taxes, shrink government and keep our nation safe in the white house next November. Vote for me and I am going keep the children of our nation safe and I am going let the parents keep more of their hard-earned money.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #511 on: March 01, 2018, 05:02:37 PM »

Carolla Q&A in Minneapolis Minnesota
Question 1:I see that you are different than other Republicans in this race. Tell me what are they and why that isn’t a problem.
Carolla:Well I have said I will go hard on Wall Street. Whille I do believe in free enterprise and the free market I do believe that there should be a revised version of Glass Steagall. Now im not saying it will be like the old one but I do think Wall Street shouldn’t  And the big banks and businesses shouldnt get special privileges or tax breaks whille the lower income people suffer and whille the upper income people  gain the system. 
And people need to know is that these corporations get greedy and get powerful because of the government. There is goverment involvement within these big corporations.

Question 2:How will you deal with Planned Parenthood?

I said it before and say it again the goverment and the tax payer should not pay for abortions if they don’t want to. I believe that it’s their personal choice on what they want to have and that they shouldn’t force someone else to pay it.

We will save a bunch of money if we cut funding to planned parenthood in not just Washington but your tax dollars.

Question 3:I have seen people on this side saying that they will balence the budget however they seem to go overboard on Milltary spending how will you deal with that?

Well I will not cut Milltary Spending as President however I won’t do overboard on it you know.  We shouldn’t  invest 100$ trillion dollars on something we are only going to use if we get into like this major conflict with someone like China or Russia which I think will start World War III. Whille I am for a strong and safe military I am also for a strong and safe budget for this country.

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #512 on: March 02, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »

Debate Winner:

GOP:

With only Brown and Paul not attending (Senator Brown's campaign having a slow start), Fletcher, Carolla and new challengers Santorum and Bachmann contested the debate before a string of important caucuses, and it was by most accounts a relatively balanced one in terms of performances. At the start of the debate it seemed as if Senator Santorum was about to have a good night, until unconvincing responses on the economy (particularly one that made him look aloof and uncaring) sank his performance to fourth place. Adam Carolla suffered from a similar case, having started weak and hurting himself by offering some support for Occupy Wall Street, and then recovering to place himself third.

This left Fletcher and Bachmann in a narrow fight for the first place, and while Governor Fletcher has shown particular skill in expanding his base, an attempt to pivot a foreign policy question to domestic territory was seen as a mistake, particularly as most GOP voters do not know yet what Fletcher's foreign policy vision is. As a result, and despite some questionable statements made, it was Representative Michelle Bachmann who was seen to have the most effective performance in terms of appealing to hrer base, aiding her efforts to surge as a grassroots, Tea Party candidate.

DEM:

For the first time in some weeks, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden took the stage to debate before two important primaries, and the debate was widely judged to be one of the best ones so far (although many have judged most Democratic debates thus far as disappointing). Both Clinton and Biden addressed a variety of subjects and policy areas crucial to their own voting bases and to appeal to more voters, and in that task both showed some skill in bringing new voters on board. The two fundamental issues that made the difference is that many voters were unconvinced by Biden's claims that he was a better candidate by virtue of being "less hated", and that Senator Clinton appeared to possess a better grasp of detail and policy which made her look more Presidential. As a result, and despite a stronger showing by the Vice-President, it was Senator Hillary Clinton who was judged the victor.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #513 on: March 02, 2018, 06:08:22 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2018, 08:05:17 PM by Lumine »

Primary Results:

"Following a debate victory and a continued supremacy in the airwaves, which Vice-President Biden has been unable to counter, we can predict a strong victory for Hillary Clinton in Missouri. Minnesota appears to have gone for Biden due to his own local campaign efforts, but with a weaker margin of victory than expected:"

Democratic Minnesota Caucus:

Joe Biden: 52.31% (47)
Hillary Clinton: 47.69% (44)

Democratic Missouri Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 56.55% (44)
Joe Biden: 43.45% (33)
[/color]

Democratic Primary:

Delegates:

Hillary Clinton: 339
Joe Biden: 280

Superdelegates:
(Not included in the delegate count above)

Hillary Clinton: 51
Joe Biden: 35
[color]

"The Republicans, in the meantime, feature two victories for Ernie Fletcher and Ron Paul each, as both win the caucuses and primaries they were predicted to a week ago. However, Rick Santorum has performed strongly in Missouri, and Michele Bachmann not only secured a strong, very helpful win in her homestate of Minnesota, but saw significant gains across the board and particularly in Colorado and Missouri:

Republican Missouri Primary:

Ernie Fletcher: 38.73%
Michele Bachmann: 22.06%
Rick Santorum: 18.51%
Ron Paul: 8.53%
Adam Carolla: 7.20%
Scott Brown: 4.97%

Republican Colorado Caucus:

Ernie Fletcher: 35.53% (21)
Michele Bachmann: 21.70% (7)
Ron Paul: 14.33% (4)
Adam Carolla: 13.77% (4)