Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 03:04:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 27427 times)
Jaguar4life
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: February 17, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »
« edited: February 18, 2018, 10:15:55 PM by Jaguar4life »

Carolla debate answers part 1

1.What will your tax plan be like?
Carolla:Well I play to pretty much totally rewrite the tax code.  I am proposing a big slash in the income tax, A big slash in the corporate tax and make it around 20% so that we can complete and have a big edge in global markets, I have plan to get rid of all hidden taxes and fees. I plan a total repeal of the Death tax,the Estate tax,The Capital gains tax. The Medicare and social security tax. I also plan on a 15% flat tax rate on the income group. I propose 3 brackets, 10% 20% 30%. I also plan on a 85% tax cut on the gas tax.
Also I plan on abolish the IRS. I find it unconstitutional and the whole thing and it’s history just makes me sick. Also I will repeat this against from last debate. Chris Christie has admitted to tax hikes and it’s not just once.

I have people saying that my plan is the most conservative out of all the Republican candidates. Yes even Ron Paul’s no offense to him.

2.Who will you endorse if you don’t get the nomination?

Carolla:Well I have no idea yet since I have no plan to drop out anytime soon. But I definitely will prob be Ron Paul. I wouldn’t endorse Hillary Clinton,Joe Biden or Chris Christie that’s all I can say.  Biden and Clinton will be lucky to be mediocre and well with Christie I see him being a meh average president.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #451 on: February 17, 2018, 08:45:11 PM »

New Endorsements for Joe Biden/surrogate schedules

Vice President Biden welcomes the endorsements of Alan Grayson, Bernie Sanders and Jack Markell to his campaign.

Grayson will be campaigning in Florida, Sanders in Vermont and Maine, and Markell will be fundraising.

Al Gore will be stumping in Florida and South Carolina.

Phil Bredesen will be stumping in South Carolina

Shelly Berkeley will be stumping in Arizona, as well as stumping for her own election in Nevada.

Jim Clyburn and John Lewis will be stumping in South Carolina

Russ Feingold will be stumping in Florida and Michigan

Sherrod Brown will be stumping in Michigan, as well as for his own re-election in Ohio.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #452 on: February 18, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »

Chris Christie South Carolina Speech.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #453 on: February 18, 2018, 10:47:49 AM »

Carolla debate answers part 2
1.To All: Do you believe our climate is warming, and if so, do you believe that humans share at least some of the responsibility?

Carolla:Well I think yes the climate is changing and that’s a problem. However here’s the thing that goes over people’s shoulders.  The people leading this whole climate change movement are a bunch of hypocrites who don’t do what they preach.  Al Gore may preach about what he thinks is the problem yet he goes around with his gas fuel car and jet airliners giving these types of speeches and don’t  go around on electric cars or solar power run vehicles.  They are who they preach against.  Which leads me into this they don’t care about what they preach and they use it in order for control and so they can have money.

But as for what I think. The government such as the EPA are ruining our environment and ruining our climate.  If we need to stop this threat of climate change then the Amercian people need to do it not the government.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #454 on: February 18, 2018, 11:00:06 AM »

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule
January 22 to January 31, 2012

Senator Jeanne Shaheen rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Bill Nelson campaigns with Senator Clinton in Florida.

Mayor Tom Menino rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Governor Andrew Cuomo rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.

Senator Mark Warner rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in South Carolina.

Senator Dianne Feinstein campaigns with Senator Clinton in Florida.

Governor John Hickenlooper rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Senator Debbie Stabenow rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Senator Tom Harkin rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Congressman Dave Loebsack rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Governor Brian Schweitzer rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Arizona.

Governor Dannel Malloy leads fundraising efforts on the East Coast.

Former Senator Bob Graham rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Florida.

Former Florida CFO Alex Sink rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Florida.

Former Maine Governor John Baldacci rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Maine.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #455 on: February 18, 2018, 02:24:55 PM »

Carolla debate answers part 3

Carolla:We gonna reform our ties with Pakistan. They might be aillies with us however and we might arm with them however at the same time they are arming groups that have ties to Bin Laden.  Some we know and we don’t bother to do anything about it and others to be fair we don’t know about.

If we want to get Bin Laden with their help we got to I repeat to be alert on who we are targeting, How we are arming and how we are going to get Bin Laden.

I will try my very best to fix and make our ties with Pakistan stronger and more stable.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #456 on: February 18, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »

Carolla campaign update
Carolla campaigned on energy independence, the space program and promote my his tax plan was the best in his rallies in Florida.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #457 on: February 18, 2018, 10:01:40 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 03:28:55 PM by Evans »

Campaign Schedule
Jan. 22 - Jan. 31
Schedule
January 22-31: Florida

January 22: Governor Fletcher held a Victory Campaign Rally the morning after the South Carolina Primary at the USC Aiken Convocation Center in Aiken, SC where he thanked his supporters, volunteers, and campaign staffers. He thanked them for "this tremendous campaign momentum." Ernie Fletcher also congratulated all the other candidates on the ballot for their performance in the primary. Glenna Fletcher joined the rally and said "We're going to go to Florida and we're going to spread our campaign message there. I hope the people of Florida know who to vote for, just like South Carolina" but "We'll be back in South Carolina!" Fletcher flew out to Tampa, Florida. He held a series of Town Halls in Hillsborough County, Manatee County, and Sarasota County in various local Arenas, Universities, and High Schools with as much time in the day as he had left.

January 23: Ernie Fletcher was honored to be endorsed by the Sun- Sentinel in a new issue by their newspaper. It said that "Governor Fletcher focuses solely on the issues and the experience of a candidate" and "Ernie is the only candidate with governing experience to fix a stagnant economy. His plan is the best for Florida families." Governor Fletcher spent most of the day in Orange County, Florida where he held a series of Town Halls. Ernie later held a Meet & Greet in Robert Arthur Williams Library meeting with voters talking about policy, and finished the day meeting with local business leaders.

January 24: Ernie Fletcher began the 24th with an On-the-phone interview with CNN. He answered questions about his win in South Carolina, his debate performance, and how Fletcher plans to win Florida. When asked he said that "We just have a message that resonates. That's how we have all this momentum." Fletcher also bragged a little bit about his debate performance, saying "Virtually every pundit and poll says I won that debate." When asked about his chances in Florida, Fletcher responded, "We're going to get a message out here, and hopefully that message resonates. We've got a great staff team out here."

Governor Fletcher then holds a campaign rally in Orlando, FL at the Amway Center. Fletcher highlights that "We have to do something about this stagnant economy. Platitudes and Clichés won't solve it. Policy will." He also highlights his many accomplishments as Kentucky Governor in dealing with a stagnant economy, including keeping businesses in the state, making coal jobs after years of decline, and balancing the state budget while cutting state taxes. Fletcher ended the day holding two fundraisers in Orlando, 40% of the money going to local food pantries and other charities.

January 25: Ernie Fletcher sat down for local radio interviews in the morning. He talked about several of his policies including his Tax Reform plan, plan to reduce crime, VA Accountability Reform plan, etc. He later held meetings with local political office holders in Orlando and counties surrounding to talk about local policy. Fletcher later drove to his Campaign HQ in Tampa, FL where he met with volunteers and campaign staffers. Fletcher held a campaign meeting to talk about a GOTV Strategy, as well as giving autographs and such to campaign staffers to help motivation.

Later on in the day, Fletcher had a one-on-one interview with FOX News. After asked about his role in the state tax cuts as Kentucky Governor, Fletcher answered and then criticized Christie's handling of State Taxes, said "We've got desperate times right now. If Florida wants a tax relief, you can trust me to pass that." Governor Fletcher ended the day with a Meet & Greet in USF Tampa Campus Library. Ernie flies to Panama City, FL overnight.

January 26: Fletcher spent the 26th holding a series of Town Halls in Bay County, Gulf County, and Franklin County. Ernie talked about his policies to help the panhandle region of Florida, saying "This region of Florida has suffered under the current administration. I'll get the tax relief you deserve, and we'll get our economy moving." He promised to "Regardless of how much political games that are played against me, I'll still get it passed. I've done it before."

Fletcher flew out to Pensacola, FL and held a campaign rally in the Pensacola Bay Center. Again, he told the audience "Tell you what, if you give me the opportunity to deliver tax relief, we'll do it, and we'll do it without Congress playing a political game against it. I'm tired of the bickering too" and "We're going to let people know that campaigns don't always have to be about mudslinging. This doesn't have to be about that. It can be about real policy debates and real experience debates. We can stop this corrosive game of political exploitation."

Governor Fletcher spent the rest of the day meeting with local business leaders in Pensacola to talk about better business policy.

January 27: Ernie held an on-the-phone interview with FOX News where he was asked about several policy questions, including a tax policy question. Fletcher held a "Barnstorm" tour in Escambia County, Santa Rosa County, Okaloosa County, and Walton County. He held a series of Town Halls in universities, arenas, and high schools in those 4 counties. Ernie later sat down for meetings with local business leaders, former Jindal supporters, fisherman, and to discuss policy issues. Fletcher also appeared on local radio stations. Fletcher ended the day with a Meet & Greet in Pensacola State College where he met with parents, teachers, students, and other Pensacola residents. Governor Fletcher flew to Jacksonville, FL overnight.

January 28: Ernie began the 28th with a Fundraiser at Jacksonville University where 30% of the funds raised went to local charities. He, later, took an interview with MSNBC. Fletcher held a campaign rally around noon at the Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena where he was honored to be endorsed by Florida Governor Rick Scott (which he hoped would give him a key boost days before the Primary). Rick Scott emphasized that "I'm not throwing Fletcher my endorsement for anything in benefit. I'm supporting him because as Governor, I am commanded under oath to support a candidate that will be the best for Florida. That candidate is Governor Ernie Fletcher." Fletcher held meetings with former Jindal supporters, former Jones Supporters, Evangelicals, and former Christie supporters. He flies out to Miami, FL overnight.

January 29: Fletcher spent most of the morning doing local newspaper interviews with newspapers like the Tampa Bay Times, Miami- Herald, Sun- Sentinel, Sarasota Herald- Tribune, etc. The interviews pointed out Christie's tax hikes in New Jersey in an effort to bring awareness to it and get voters from concerned Christie Supporters and potentially win Florida. Fletcher went on to do a series of Town Halls in Miami- Dade County. Florida Senator Marco Rubio joined several of them. He finished the day meeting with Former Jones Supporters, Former Jindal Supporters, and Former Christie supporters

January 30: Ernie Fletcher and Glenna Fletcher began the day meeting with voters at local Diners and Cafes. Soon after, both Ernie and Glenna take an on-the-phone interview with ABC News. They asked him why Jones, Jindal, Carolla, and Christie supporters should vote him among other questions. He answered stating, "If we really want to shock the establishment today, I'm your guy on the ballot that can do it." Glenna then flew out to Tampa, FL to deliver a pep talk to campaign staff at the Fletcher HQ.

Governor Fletcher holds a campaign rally at Marlins Park in Miami, FL. Ernie talks about the importance tomorrow that we "Get out and show the real momentum this campaign has. We're going to show an outperformance that hasn't been seen in a long time" and also talked about "When my opponents start debating on the issue, I find something interesting. When I debate more on the issues and not on who said this and who said that, more pundits and more polls say we win those debates. Folks, it's because people are starting to realize the issues we talk about are very important to their lives." Marco Rubio also joined the rally, saying to the crowd "Florida will be very critical for this campaign. I hope the voters tomorrow will realize that he is not the candidate for the media or the big gambling industry or anything like that. He is the candidate for you and only you."

January 31: On Primary Day, the Sun- Sentinel wrote an article encouraging voters to vote for Ernie Fletcher in their newest Newspaper. Governor Fletcher flew back to Tampa, Florida to meet with Campaign Staff at the Headquarters to talk about their GOTV Plan. Afterwards, Governor Fletcher and Glenna Fletcher moved to meeting voters at local diners, cafes, and libraries, encouraging them to vote for Fletcher. Both Fletchers went back to the Campaign HQ to call voters to hopefully get them to vote for Ernie.

After a while of campaigning and getting out the vote, Governor Fletcher holds a Results Rally at his Florida Campaign HQ in Tampa, Florida. After a projection is made, Ernie delivers a Post- Primary Results Speech

Florida ( January 22 - January 31 )
Key Issues: Family Values, Economic Recovery, Religious Freedom, Tax Cut Plan, Crime Reduction Plan

Campaign Staff Operations
  • Capitalize on the momentum from South Carolina
  • Reach out to Anti- establishment candidate supporters (Carolla, Paul, Jones) and make Fletcher seem more anti- establishment after the National Review attacked Fletcher
  • Emailing and Texting potential voters
  • Reaching out to Evangelicals and local church leaders, emphasizing his career as a preacher
  • Creating a message that resonates, talking about how Fletcher will take on "Washington Political Games" and get economic recovery
  • Reach out to Christie Supporters after his withdrawal, claiming that Fletcher is the closest candidate to Christie on many issues (and that his opponents have zealot views on national security)

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #458 on: February 18, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »

What Carolla did part 1.5

Carolla went back on TV and had a interview with Fox News via phone and a interview with WTFV 9 in Orlando.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #459 on: February 18, 2018, 10:52:18 PM »

An announcement from Walter Jones

Friends,

You may have been wondering why you haven't seen me on the campaign trail in the past few days. A recent trip to the doctor has led me to discover that I have stage IV prostate cancer. With this development, I have had to rethink many things about my life. What it has caused me to realize is that I must fight this cancer with every ounce of energy in me. Unfortunately, this means that I can no longer have my first priority be politics. For this reason, I am hereby suspending my campaign for President.

I do not take this decision lightly. We have come so far in this campaign, from 2% to being a viable contender. I also must thank the passion of all of my supporters throughout this process, as well as the friends and family who have kept me strong along the way. I am forever indebted to all of you. Together, we highlighted the corruption of Washington, and we showed a better path for this nation: one of peace, prosperity, and the American way of life. This campaign may be over, but the spirit of the people has been ignited for years to come.

I also don't want my announcement to mean that I will stay quiet. I endorse my good friend Congressman Ron Paul for the Republican nomination. Serving in the House with Ron for many years, I know he is a man of profound integrity. He means what he says, and nobody can corrupt him. He is just the kind of leader we desperately need in the White House, and I encourage all of my supporters to stand with Congressman Paul in the primaries ahead.

The fight to take back this country isn't over. Once I finish my battle with cancer, I will return in full force to stand up to Washington. Thank you all for the support you've given me over the past year.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #460 on: February 19, 2018, 10:01:20 AM »

Carolla campaigns on energy independence in Jacksonville
Now this might not be a well popular thing for the Republicans but that doesn’t really bother me.   
As I go around this state of Florida I see a whole bunch of ways of energy power.   From oil to coal and from that to solar.

I think our economy will boom coal and solar energy start completing with each other.  As President I will fight for clean coal I will cut regulations on coal and solar energy. I will cut taxes on solar and coal business.  I’ve talked with not just you coal miners out here in Jacksonville and I talked with you about your struggles and what this administration has done with coal and how it has tossed you over.

I have talked to solar energy workers out here too. Telling them my plan and them saying to me Hey this is a great plan I am all for it.   

We are losing a energy war to China and a few other countries and we don’t want to be losing any longer!!
*Crowd cheers and chants Carolla*
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #461 on: February 20, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »

What Carolla did part 2
Carolla campaigned in the working class areas of Florida in order of trying to win back the working class votes from the people who voted Obama in 2008.

Carolla also in a rally in Yubor City said he would not drop out of the race and that he might take it to the Convention.
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #462 on: February 20, 2018, 10:16:37 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2018, 10:19:54 PM by Senator Haslam2020 »

Wesley for America: January 22nd-January 31st, 2012 Schedule

Fly to TN
Fundraising in Nashville, TN

Rally in Jackson, TN w/ Fmr. Rep. John Tanner:

”...Hello, Tennessee!!! I’m experienced in politics, and I’m going to say, that’s all you’ll get with Hillary Clinton or Chris Christie: Politics, soundbites, no real solutions for the American people. I’m a fairly reasonable person, I tried to use bipartisanship when I was a congressman, even though I was a democrat. That mentality in Washington is gone. Its either run by extremists or extreme corporatists, there is no room for a reasonable third option. But there is, and it lies in General Clark. I’m endorsing his campaign for the Presidency...”

Rally in Knoxville, TN w/ Fmr. Rep. John Tanner
Rally in Nashville, TN w/ Fmr. Rep. John Tanner
Fly to NY

Rally in New York City, NY:

”...Wow, look how amazing this is!!! Thousands of people, all gathering, all shouting for a real shot at some real hope and change!!!! Obama, you duped us four years ago. Bush was just a catastrophic failure, we shouldn’t have any more leadership from failed leaders, and the parties that create them. The Democrats and Republicans are out of touch with the majority of Americans, and New York, do you think the Democratic and Republican Leadership care about you, about your issues? Only in Election time, but it’s not sincere. I’m sincere. The movement we have created is a movement of love and change, I really think we have a good chance. Let’s change America, my friends!!!...”

Fly to NV
Rally in Reno, NV
Rally in Las Vegas, NV
Fly to AR

Rally in Little Rock, AR w/ Fmr. Sen. Blanche Lincoln
Fly to WV
Rally in Charleston w/ Fmr. Sen. Carte Goodwin

Fly to TX
Finishing the final touches on a national grassroots donation network with Mark Cuban in TX

Rally in Pittsburgh, PA w/ Mr. Mark Cuban:

”...I’ve been all around this country in my life, I was born and raised in this lovely city, I’ve been in Dallas, I’ve had the chance to call many places my home. I’m so prideful that I get to do that in this country, and as an American, I’m afraid. I’m a businessman, most of you all know that. I’m a billionaire, so I’m better off than the rest of you financially, but I’m one of the rare... eh, sincere billionaires. I care about the common man, and I’ve inspected the 2012 field, and the only one who’s really sincere and cares is General Clark. He will clean up the mess in Washington, but he needs your help. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, Arkansas, West Virginia, Oklahoma, let’s all unite, regardless of past affiliations as a red or blue state, and do what’s best for the nation!!! Let’s tackle the deficit, unemployment, the crippled economy, let’s make a change in Washington!!!...”

Fly to TX
Rally in Dallas, TX w/ Mark Cuban
Fly to FL

Rally in Orlando, FL:

“... Orlando, I’m here to talk with you, and many Floridians today. You will hear a lot about, well you have heard a lot about the primary being held today. It’s pitiful how so many political games are put into our system. There begging for your votes, lying, doing anything it takes to win. I don’t blame them, it’s because they’re politicians. Well guess what America, we’ve had far too many politicians in Washington recently, most of whom are incompetent and not fit for the job. I’ve been behind the scenes for years, I’ve sat, I’ve observed, I’ve learned how the legislative system works. We need something, we need change in Washington. It needs to happen now, and I believe it will. Florida, let’s not elect another Bush, and let’s not elect four more years of the same failure. Let’s elect four years of something nice, a change, something that’ll boost America...”
adamevans
United States

« Reply #463 on: February 21, 2018, 01:55:05 PM »

"Volunteer"
Ernie Fletcher's 9th Television Ad
Aired in Florida, Maine, Minnesota, Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, and Missouri

Background Music: https://youtu.be/nv76KvFV748
(the music fades at the dialogue)

-Ad begins going through several scenes of cities and towns-

-Ad moves to several scenes of Fletcher volunteers-

(the ad shifts between scenes of Fletcher with campaign volunteers in between every quote)

"I supported Fletcher on day one. His message really resonates."

"Each week, we get more volunteers out here. It's incredible how many volunteers show up."

"I think a lot of people are focusing on his policies on fixing education or reducing crime or whatever it is. Fletcher focuses more on that than mudslinging. It really does resonate."

"What I've gotta say is that you need to go out and volunteer."

"I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message"
adamevans
United States

« Reply #464 on: February 21, 2018, 02:53:49 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2018, 02:57:22 PM by Evans »

Campaign Surrogates

Rick Scott: After announcing his endorsement for Governor Fletcher, Scott spent time giving pep talks to Campaign Volunteers & Staff in the Northern Florida area near Jacksonville and Tallahassee. He joined GOTV Efforts with campaign staff and made local radio station appearances to show support for Fletcher. He also appeared on FOX News the day before the primary where he said "Fletcher has the best economic vision for this state" and "He is the only candidate that can deliver economic recovery quick."

Mike Pence: Representative Mike Pence took some time off the campaign trail in Indiana (he is a governor candidate) to give pep talks to campaign staff in Orlando. He also reached out to more religious local radio stations to show support for Fletcher. He called Fletcher's plan "very much for religious freedom" and said "He's the best candidate to make that happen." Later, he appeared on CNN to answer why he continued this support and touted Fletcher's record as a "governor who reformed Kentucky for the better"

Mike Huckabee: Huckabee spent most of his time in the panhandle of Florida in outreaching events to local religious leaders and individuals with campaign staff and volunteers. He joined GOTV Efforts in the Panhandle with campaign staff and delivered several pep talks to campaign staff to help momentum and motivation.

Newt Gingrich: Gingrich campaigned out in Orlando and led GOTV efforts with campaign staff & volunteers. He promoted Fletcher's energy, tax, and crime plan on a series of national interviews. Gingrich also held several fundraisers and led the fundraising efforts in Central Florida.

Marco Rubio: Rubio held several roundtable discussions with the Cuban community in Miami- Dade County. He joined several local Radio stations, including Cuban and English stations, to promote Fletcher's campaign where he promoted Fletcher's support for Florida communities. He led GOTV Efforts in Miami- Dade County.

Sonny Perdue: Perdue held several campaign fundraisers in the Panhandle and worked with Huckabee to get out the vote in the Panhandle. He also gave several pep talks to campaign staff in the Panhandle.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #465 on: February 21, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »

"Selfless"
Ernie Fletcher's 7th Television Ad (replayed)

Aired in Missouri, Florida, Minnesota, Maine, Michigan, Nevada, and Arizona

Narrated by Former Lt. Gen. Terry Gabreski

"I served for our country on the frontlines, in the air force. I'm very proud of my service, being one of the first women to become a Lieutenant General."

"In the Air Force, we didn't work for medals. We got the job done."

"They did it because they cared more about duty than glory. They didn't hesitate. They acted selflessly."

"One of those soldiers is Ernie Fletcher, he was stationed in Alaska serving as a F-4E Aircraft Commander."

"He was awarded the Outstanding Unit Award because Ernie acted selflessly. Putting his country's interests above his own."

"If there was anyone I would want to lead the country, it would be Ernie because he's got the guts to lead this nation. He represents selflessness."

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #466 on: February 21, 2018, 07:11:39 PM »

Chris Christie suffers heart attack:
NJ Gov. survives, but is forced to withdraw before critical FL Primary

While some questions had been raised regarding Gov. Chris Christie health, the Governor's fiery disposition and campaigning had put those questions to rest, leading most to conclude Christie had more than enough energy and health to win. However, his body resenting months of campaigning and the Governor exerting and pushing his body to the limit as the campaign in Florida heated up led to a personal tragedy as the Governor collapsed shortly after a particularly energized rally, all signs pointing to a heart attack.

Despite some tense hours it became clear Governor Christie would survive (and the damage was far less than originally expected), but it was judged impossible by himself, his wife and his closest advisers to continue in the race after such a tense health care. And while Christie has vowed to recover quickly and remain Governor of New Jersey, he dropped out of the race with only days to go until the decisive Florida Primary. Pundits have rushed to make their own predictions of the rapidly shrinking GOP field, most concluding Governor Ernie Fletcher is now the clear frontrunner against the insurgent bids of Ron Paul and Adam Carolla.

Still, the departure of the last "establishment" candidate has left many prominent GOP officeholders confused as how to react. While Governor Fletcher is acceptable to most of the party, there many who doubt he can defeat Senator Clinton or Vice-President Biden. Talk has shifted towards the possibility or one or two so called "white knights" to enter the primaries at this late stage (as almost all delegates are still are up for grabs) and make a push to challenge the surviving candidates.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #467 on: February 21, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »

Biden campaign statement on Christie heart attack

We're sorry to see Governor Christie leave the race, and we wish him better health in the days ahead. We look forward to continuing to work with him on New Jersey issues, should we be elected.
terp40hitch
United States

« Reply #468 on: February 21, 2018, 09:43:37 PM »

Represenative Michele Bachmann Presidential Annucment in Saint Paul, MN

Michele Bachmann-"We need a new breed of Reagan conservative in the White House next year and that is why I am ready to announce my campaign for president. If we don't elect a conservative now we are going to lose a whole generation of conservatives that is why I knew I had to do my run now.

Now more than ever we need a conservative to reverse the disastrous effects of the Obama Administration. That is what I am going to, as president I am going lower taxes for hardworking Americans, balance our budget, end the war on coal and inspire a new generation of Reagan Conservative. I am going to do that all without falling into the political rhetoric and division of Washington.

Vote for me and help me break the glass ceiling next November!"
adamevans
United States

« Reply #469 on: February 21, 2018, 09:51:39 PM »

7th Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers & Responses

(laughing) Let me tell you, if I haven't made it clear already, I support the right to freedom of religion to every single American Church, business, and individual (audience applause). I think that that fundamental right has diminished in the past few decades, and I will make sure that we pass legislation for the restoration of religious freedom in every corner of America (audience applause).

I believe that the Ten Commandments should be taught, not as establishment of religion by government, but as education for our country's religions. I believe teachers should have the right to lead voluntary prayer, not as establishment of religion by government, but as freedom to practice religion. I believe that religious institutions should be treated equal as any other institution, not as establishment of religion by government, but to treat them equally as any other institution! (audience applause)

Because truthfully, that is all what religious freedom is about. This idea that people that former preachers support some form of theocracy is divisive, false rhetoric. I believe that freedom of religion and freedom to learn about religion should be treated as a human right (audience applause).

Well, I think it's a little weird how all these Republican candidates preach bringing jobs back, and particularly in this instance coal mining, when I'm the only one who actually has made coal mining jobs (audience applause). You had nearly 9,000 coal jobs lost the decade before my term as Governor. Let me tell you, the coal miners of this country have been ignored. When I governed Kentucky, we stopped this ignorance of the coal mining industry decline. Not only that, we made 3,000 coal mining jobs from my first fiscal year budget to the end of my last one.

From the beginning of President Barack's first fiscal budget, Kentucky coal miners, alone, have lost, and it pains me to say this, more than a thousand coal mining jobs. Under a President Fletcher, that loss will be no more (audience applause). Not only will we save coal mining, we will save manufacturing, agriculture, transportation, and so much more. We will govern in a way that has created successes before and will now. (audience clapping)

And let's dispel that we can't be environmentally responsible with all of this. In Kentucky, we formed the state's first comprehensive energy policy. We supported renewable energy, and we still created coal mining jobs. We have to understand that it doesn't have to be one or the other. (audience clapping)

Y'know, 25 years ago, President Reagan offered his enthusiastic support for the Montreal Protocol, so I think that we can be good stewards of the environment and conservative. We can acknowledge that humans might share responsibility in the climate, but we can also fight climate change. I will support a 25x'25 plan to make renewable energy a big part of our economy. I'll continue the fight on CFCs like Reagan did.

Renewable Energy can create such a great boost for our economy. It can be a step for lower gas prices and energy independence. It can be a step for green jobs in our economy, and I think it's good to acknowledge we can do this without a regulation burden on coal companies. We CAN be good stewards of the environment and keep coal jobs. It is not a black-and-white issue.

Everyone on this stage is obviously going to promise a tax cut, but I've promised that before and I've done it. In Kentucky, I got 125,000 Kentuckians off the state tax rolls entirely, gutted the corporate license tax, and cut the corporate income tax. We passed all that with a Democratic State Senate. In the House, I voted for every single tax cut. I WILL get taxes cut, and you can absolutely trust me on that. (audience claps)

Here's my tax policy in short, Simple tax brackets, every American gets a cut, no removing tax deductions. I'll create 4 simple tax brackets of 9.5%, 13%, 24%, and 35%. I'll get the corporate tax cut to 20% and I will get rid of the death tax. (audience applause)

This is my bid on my Pakistan policy: We need to address the concerns of Pakistan's security by moving forward on stability in Afghanistan with Pakistan. I think we should be encouraging gestures of trust with India through trilateral talks and increased military cooperation and intelligence sharing on common threats.

We need to move to a sustainable policy of peace and prosperity. The people of Pakistan view us as the biggest threat to world peace. We need to push a policy where we're no longer viewed as that. A policy that makes us seen as peacemakers, not world threats.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #470 on: February 21, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »

"He Served"
Ernie Fletcher's 3rd Television Ad (replayed)
Aired in Florida, Maine, Minnesota, Colorado, Nevada, Michigan, and Missouri

Veteran #1: "We arrived in Vietnam in December, December 10th"
Veteran #2: "We were fighting in what was called Viet Cong. Some just called it North Vietnam."
Veteran #3: "I was there for more than a year, and by then, we had at least 75 wounded"

Veteran #1: "They broke through our lines. It was hell. We had about 52 wounded and 21 killed after the first year, maybe more. I was one of the 12 to come back home."

Veteran #2: "We had over 100 wounded at least and 62 dead. Vietnam was hell. Stuff like that, you just don't forget."

Veteran #3: "48 years ago, I had my helicopter shot down. I know several of the people I knew had died in combat. I can't believe I made it alive. Life after the war was tough. We didn't get thanked for our service. Never."

Veteran #2: "Corporal Ernie thanked me for my service. It was a... rewarding feeling. Especially coming from another veteran."

Veteran #1: "Takes a Veteran to understand a Veteran,"

Veteran #1: "And he is a Veteran."

Veteran #3: "He has a Veteran's best interest in mind. He knows when he makes foreign policy decisions that it affects lives. Ernie Fletcher is a Veteran's best friend. After all, he did serve."

Veteran #1: "And he said.. 'Thank you for your service.' tearing up"

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #471 on: February 21, 2018, 10:01:30 PM »

"A Leader"
Ernie Fletcher's 4th Television Ad (replayed)
Aired in Florida, Missouri, Michigan,Minnesota, Arizona, and Nevada

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher from the 2nd Presidential Debate

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #472 on: February 21, 2018, 10:10:01 PM »

Carolla campaign statement response to Chris Christie’s health emergency
While we have had our disagreements. I am very saddened by the news of Mr Chrsitie’s Heart attack.
Me and my family wish the best of luck for him during this time.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #473 on: February 21, 2018, 10:12:42 PM »

Fletcher Campaign's Florida GOTV Strategy

Seeking momentum, The Fletcher Campaign is hoping to win in Florida. After the momentum from South Carolina, the Fletcher campaign is hoping to vastly outnumber it's opponents in Volunteers & Staff. The main plan is to hold on to Fletcher's base and make gains from Former Christie Supporters, Former Jindal Supporters, and Former Romney Supporters. With surrogates hitting the trail in key voter bases, the campaign is hoping to rack up the numbers in Miami, Tampa, Orlando, the Panhandle, and areas near Jacksonville. Seeing this as a pivotal moment for the campaign, Fletcher seeks to win the primary with 40%+, or maybe, 45%+ of the vote. The campaign will be working tirelessly to win the state and be the 2nd win where Fletcher wins every delegate.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #474 on: February 22, 2018, 03:28:21 PM »

Debate Winner:

GOP:

With only three candidates left standing, Carolla, Paul and Fletcher all took the stage as in the span of a few days 50% of the Florida GOP vote (and almost 40% of the national vote) was virtually up for grabs in the twin departure of Jones and Christie. Unlike the past debates, few (if any) direct criticisms or attacks took place, the time spent by the three candidates (who remain unknown to many across the nation even now) describing their various views and philosophies on crucial matters. With Adam Carolla remaining third, the fight between Fletcher and Paul was close but with a clear edge for Congressman Ron Paul, who was successful in appealing to many Tea Party types in the wake of his Jones endorsement. While this is believed to substantially improve his credibility, several of Paul's stances on the issues are not to the taste of many Republicans (even when compared to Fletcher, and so it will remain to be seen how high or how low his ceiling might be.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies