Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:39:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26643 times)
adamevans
United States

« on: January 06, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »
« edited: January 06, 2018, 08:41:13 PM by Evans »

Ernie Fletcher for President
"Let's win the Future!"

Announcement Speech
Cincinnati, OH
October 1st, 2011

It's a great privilege and honor to be able to speak in front of this massive crowd. Thank you all for this opportunity. Decades ago, I served in the U.S Air Force. Years ago, I served as a U.S Representative from a district not-so-far from here. Years ago, I served as Governor for a state right off the Ohio River from here. And now, I stand here tonight as a doctor, veteran, father, and a husband. I'll say it again, thank you for that opportunity.

At Alton Healthcare and as a Doctor, we've kept one phrase important, and that is "Live Long, Live Well, Live On." And for the past several years, I've loved that slogan because it's true. A healthcare system based on that is what the people of Cincinnati, and aswell the entire United States, deserve.

And over across the Ohio River, we reversed a billion dollar deficit while increasing infrastructure spending, education fundraising, and expanded Medicaid. Although, we did not raise state taxes. And I can never thank them enough for the opportunity to do that. We won a future in Kentucky we didn't even know we had. I'm proud of the opportunities everyone gave to me.

I'm proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. And a candidacy built to win the future.

Now is not the time to continue the same path for the U.S. With your support and others throughout our country, we can truly change the path. We may have some of the biggest economic problems since the Great Depression. We MUST change this.

This campaign is not about Ernie Fletcher, it's not about Mitt Romney, it's not about Ron Paul, it's not about Obama or anyone else. This campaign is about you and what you deserve, and it's about time we acknowledge that. It's about the deficit, the economy, education, the military- industrial complex, your tax dollars, and so much, so much more.

Now is not the time for a politician, it is a time for public service. It's about damn time we end this game of political gotcha. I can only do that with your support. I would like this to be a new day. I would hope now we can focus on doing the people's business.

And I must say again, thank you all for this opportunity, God bless you and good night.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:37:49 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 03:30:47 AM by Evans »

Campaign Schedule, October 2011

Schedule:
October 1-5: Kentucky
October 6-12: Indiana
October 13-20: Iowa
October 20-25: Georgia
October 26-31: South Carolina

Kentucky (October 1-6)
Rally in Mt. Sterling & Louisville
Meet & Greet around Northern and Eastern Kentucky (typical campaigning things)
Fundraiser in Lexington

Key Issues: Governor Record (education spending increase, tuition tax credits, while lowering taxes) and support of Coal.

Indiana (October 7-13)
Rally in Indianapolis
Meet & Greet around all of Southern and Central Indiana
Publicly endorsed by U.S Representative and Governor Candidate Mike Pence at Rally
Town Hall in Evansville

Key Issues: Abortion (supporting pro- life), Education Spending (supporting an increase)

Iowa (October 14-20)
Rally in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids
Meet & Greet across all of Iowa
Town Hall in Sioux City
Fundraiser in Waterloo

Key Issues: Huge SUPPORT for Farm Subsidies and also supporting a Balanced Budget (with Governor record)

Georgia (October 20-25)
Rally in Atlanta and Savannah
Meet & Greet across all of Georgia
Publicly endorsed by FMR Gov. Sonny Perdue at a Rally

Key Issues: Immigration (stronger borders) and Obamacare Repeal

South Carolina (October 26-31)
Rally in Myrtle Beach and Charleston
Meet & Greet across all of South Carolina
Fundraiser in Columbia

Key Issues: Recent Hurricanes & Economic Recovery

Campaign Committee Operations
  • Setting up a social media grassroots movement
  • Creating a website (erniefletcher2012.com)
  • Door-by-door campaigning, mostly in early caucus & primary states

(this is just my first time trying campaigning, I may change it later)
adamevans
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »
« Edited: January 09, 2018, 07:55:23 AM by Evans »

2nd Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers and Responses

General Questions

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The war is such a big part of America's modern policy. It's been at least 1 or 2 years since that policy should've taken effect according to Obama's promise. That didn't happen. It is only now he can deliver this promise, and the fact he can only deliver on it during an election season is glaring political opportunism.

If we intend to move out of Iraq responsibly, we need to ensure our time there doesn't go to waste. We need to leave Iraq with no possible reason to come back and spend another couple trillion dollars in taxpayer money.

So let's not give us another reason to start another war and spend trillions, rather just use the ideas of common Sense.

Well, if America doesn't know already, I've been pro- life all of my life. Consistently, and I've never turned my back on that position. I'll proudly defend my pro- life positions. What I'd like to do is keep abortion funding out of our budget because it really, really doesn't belong there.

As President, I will never, ever support abortion or use taxpayer money to fund it. As a doctor myself, it doesn't sit right with me or most of Americans. However, like many Americans, I have a middle ground. That is rape, incest, and a threat to the mother's life. And I'll make sure to uphold a pro- life policy because I'm one of the few Republicans that have been consistent on it.

Bottom line is that I do not support Roe v. Wade, and again, I'm one of the few Republicans that never have here. And on that note, consistency is something I find very little in politicians.

Candidate Specific Questions

Thank you for the question, Moderator. I explain my bid like this: These past events were made specifically to play a game of political gotcha and dirty politics. A game the majority of Americans disapprove of and for good reason. I believe the work I did as governor greatly overshadows this scandal, and overall, I'm more proud of that.

I'm more proud that we reversed a billion dollar deficit, raised infrastructure & education spending, offered tuition tax credits, and much more, all while we lowered taxes. The idea that a scandal I was never convicted on overshadows this is a political scam.

I share the disappointment and dissatisfaction of the American people of the political rhetoric of our nation's leaders and our current administration. The fact is the political machine of our nation's leaders is a failed system that has served no Americans except itself. As President, I will not play this game of political gotcha and it's about time we end it in Washington.

Rebuttals and Responses

Governor Romney, let me say that you are one of the candidates up here that have not stayed consistent on the Abortion issue. On a televised debate less than a decade ago, you stated that you would "preserve and protect a woman's right to choose and am devoted and dedicated to honoring my word in that regard."

How can you really say you're pro- life?

Closing Statement

Overall, this election cannot be about old ideas. This election MUST be about new and consistent ideas, and I'm determined to present and argue on behalf of those ideas. Ideas that deliver.
Let's win the future.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
« Edited: January 08, 2018, 09:10:05 AM by Evans »

"A Governor with a Good Record"
A 2012 Presidential Election Ad

"On October 1st, I began my campaign for President as a former Governor, Doctor, and CEO. So, just where does my record go?"

"Here in Kentucky, we reduced state taxes on almost everyone, especially the more unfortunate and poor"

"Even after the tech boom, we grew thousands of tech jobs."

"Our student's education flourished with a 25% expansion to their spending"

"But our teachers weren't left out"

"And all that with a balanced budget, reversing the billion dollar deficit in Kentucky. So, who am I? I'm a lot of things, but most importantly, a governor with a good record."

adamevans
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:08:33 AM »

Response to Governor Romney

Response to Gov. Fletcher

Governor, you just told the American people you're running for President because you're sick of "gotcha" politics, yet that is what you have just played.

Governor, you're right, back in 1994 my stance on abortion was more liberal than it was today, but it is unfair to take a single statement from 20 years ago and paint my views as if they are black and white. The truth is, governor, with issues as personal as abortion, people often must take a personal journey to develop their views.

Let me give you and the American people the full story, Governor.

Many, many years ago, I had a dear family relative that I was very close to who passed away from an illegal abortion. After that tragic and needless incident, my family became committed to upholding current laws to prevent anyone from feeling the same pain that we did. That is what shaped my view on abortion until I became Governor of Massachusetts.

My position changed during the stem-cell research debate. The provost of Harvard and the head of stem-cell research came into my office and at one point said that stem-cell research was not a moral issue because they killed the embryo at 14 days. And it hit me hard at that very moment that the Roe v. Wade philosophy had cheapened the value of human life. And I said to my chief of staff, who was with me in the meeting, as we came outside, “I am no longer content with the description of my position. I want to call myself pro-life.”

It's easy in politics to paint issues as black and white, Governor -- to play "gotcha politics," as you put it. That's easy to do. It's hard to tell personal stories, stories of growth, change, and emotion.

So sure, 20 years ago my views on abortion were different than they are today. That doesn't make me any less willing to defend the right to life, it just makes my position more nuanced. To prevent the illegal abortions that took the life of my family member, I believe that abortions in the case of rape, incest, or threat to the mother's health should still be legal. To prevent the needless loss of unborn human life, I support wholeheartedly pro-life policies.

So please, Governor, I agree with you. Let's stop playing "gotcha politics" and tell the full story. It may not be easy for me to say, or for people to hear, but it's the right thing to do.

Governor, I don't like political games as much as the next person, but these are the issues that matter. They are not political games. They're serious to the people at home. People at home all across the nation that have their own experiences with abortion and why they're pro- life. They want someone who has consistently stood up for that. I've always stood up for life beginning at conception, and Governor Romney, you haven't. You told us one thing in Massachusetts, another thing in New Hampshire, it's a legitimate concern when I ask you what you'll say in D.C. I know a game of political "got ya" when I see it, and Governor Romney, you, evidently, don't.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:08:08 AM »

Ernie Fletcher for President
Campaign Highlights

Fletcher holds first Rally in Mt. Sterling, KY
FOX News

Fletcher holds Fundraiser in Lexington, KY
Fox News

Picture not Available

Fletcher holds Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
Fox News

Fletcher endorsed by Governor Candidate Mike Pence at Indianapolis Rally
Fox News

Fletcher holds first Iowa rally in Cedar Rapids
CNN

Fletcher holds Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
Fox News

Picture not Available

Fletcher endorsed by FMR Governor Sonny Perdue at Atlanta rally
CNN

Fletcher and Perdue hold Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
Fox News

Picture not Available

adamevans
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »

Interview with Ernie Fletcher
ABC News

adamevans
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »

"The Difference"
A 2012 Presidential Ad

"Some people ask me what makes me different from other Republican candidates.
Here's the difference."

"Here in Kentucky, we reversed the billion dollar budget crisis while reducing state taxes. We still had enough to raise education and infrastructure spending. "

"I will never ever move away from the issues, the ethics, and the vision. It's time for a leader who doesn't play a game of dirty politics. But to get that happening, I need your vote "

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message

adamevans
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:19:21 AM »

Campaign Schedule, November 2011

Schedule:
November 1-14: South Carolina
November 15-17: Georgia
November 18-24: Iowa
November 25-27: Maine
November 28: New Hampshire
November 29-30: South Carolina (again)

South Carolina (November 1-14)
Rally in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Florence
Rally w/ Sonny Perdue in Columbia
Fundraiser w/ Sonny Perdue in Myrtle Beach
Town Hall in Hilton Head Island and Clemson
Meet & Greet across all of South Carolina

Key Issues: Abortion, economic recovery, income tax cuts

Georgia (November 15-17)
Rally in Augusta
Publicly Endorsed by Gov. Nathan Deal at Atlanta Rally
Fundraiser in Macon and Marietta w/ Sonny Perdue and Nathan Deal

Key Issues: Immigration reform, education reform, record of consistency

Iowa (November 18-24)
Rally in Sioux City and Ames
Town Hall in Davenport and Dubuque
Fundraiser in West Des Moines
Meet & Greet across all of Iowa

Key Issues: Farm Subsidies, balancing the budget, education reform

Maine (November 25-27)
Fundraiser in Portland
Rally in Augusta
Publicly Endorsed by Gov. Paul LePage at Rally in Augusta

Key Issues: Education Reform, Retirement Benefits, economic recovery

New Hampshire (November 28)
Fundraiser in Manchester w/ Gov. LePage

Key Issues: Economic Recovery

South Carolina (November 29-30)
Fundraiser in Rock Hill w/ Gov. Nathan Deal
Town Hall in Anderson
Meet & Greet across South Carolina

Key Issues: Education Reform, record of consistency

Campaign Staff Operations
  • Social Media Grassroots expansion
  • Calling landlines
  • Knocking door to door, mostly in early states
  • Spreading the campaign message everywhere

adamevans
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 11:58:23 PM »
« Edited: January 13, 2018, 12:48:05 AM by Evans »

Interview w/ Ernie Fletcher
CNN Exclusive
November 14th, 2011

adamevans
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 06:27:29 PM »

3rd Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers & Responses

General Questions

First things first, We can't let Iran have nuclear weapons, and nobody up on this stage would support letting them have it.

We can't dove ourselves into another multi- trillion dollar war in taxpayer money. We can't do that with the national debt already above $10,000,000,000,000. We keep making rash decisions in Iraq and Libya. Now, we're trying to do it in Iran? I'm not going to do that again. We can't do that again.

Our foreign policy must be sustainable. The Obama Administration has made it impossible to do that with reckless spending, and the people here to support that can't bring change to our foreign policy. Any fiscal conservative would support our foreign policy spending being more sustainable.

We must ensure Iran does not create nukes or else we'll have to spend trillions. I support putting America at the top as much as the next Republican, but let's have a sensible, fiscally conservative foreign policy for once—A policy of American Exceptionalism.

Let's look at it from a conservative stance: Right-to-work gives workers the choice to join a union, rather than forced unionization—inherently a conservative idea. Let's look at it from a common sense stance: states with right-to-work have more disposable income per capita, greater gdp growth, and greater employment. I think the facts speak for themselves. A right-to-work policy is something this country needs to head towards economic recovery. It's not anti- union, it's just pro- freedom and pro- economic recovery, and like the other policies I support, I won't and never have turned my back on it.

I'm glad you asked. What separates me from some of my opponents is that I served this country in the Air Force. In the Air Force, I served to stop the influence of communism in the Cold War, and I was honored to be awarded the Outstanding Unit Award among others. It was one of my major chapters of my life. I learned foreign policy first hand and how it affects the brave of our nation, and I'm proud to have served there.

As I laid out in the first question of the debate, I believe in a policy of American Exceptionalism. Let's put our nation first abroad through diplomacy, and not wasting taxpayer money abroad like Obama has been doing for the past 4 years. The great heroes of our nation deserve to not be used as tools for constant wars. The great taxpayers of this nation deserve to have their money not spent on war after war. I support putting America first abroad, but let's have a sustainable foreign policy that does not outspend it's income.

Responses & Rebuttals

Mr. Christie, I understand your concern. Nuclear Weapons are a menace to humanity, a great evil, however this rhetoric was used in Iraq. We found no Weapons of Mass Destruction there. We spent trillions of dollars. We lost nearly 5,000 Brave Americans, and Mr. Christie, you have never served to understand what that cost means. Now, you want us to do that again.

Your plan is the last thing America needs. When will you find it that diplomacy is stronger than bombs & bribes? As the National Debt continues to rise, your view is to keep spending and spending. It's time for a new approach—a conservative approach. It's not time for another Obama approach, Mr. Christie.

Closing Statement

As this election nears, each candidate wants to make this election more and more about themselves. It's not. This election will always be about you, the voters— the American People. Let's make this country more about you, the individual. Let's take back the future.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 07:01:35 PM »

November, 2011

Ernie Fletcher's Statement on Mr. Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama's Withdrawal
adamevans
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 07:29:30 PM »

Gov. Nathan Deal endorses Ernie Fletcher
FOX News

Gov. LePage endorses Presidential Hopeful Ernie Fletcher
FOX News

adamevans
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 07:23:38 PM »

Campaign Schedule
December 1 - 25, 2011

Schedule:
November 1-12: South Carolina
November 13-21: Iowa
November 22-23: Colorado
November 24-25: No Campaigning

South Carolina (December 1-12)
  • Rallies in Charleston, Columbia, Anderson, Myrtle Beach, Spartanburg
  • Town Halls in Greenville, Mount Pleasant, Florence, Rock Hill, Beaufort
  • "A Future to Win" Town Hall Tour in Clemson and North Charleston
  • Joined by Gov. Nathan Deal in Columbia and Charleston
  • Barnstorm in Rural South Carolina Towns
  • Fundraiser (w/ Gov. Nathan Deal & FMR Gov. Sonny Perdue) in Charleston and Columbia

Key Issues: Balancing the Budget, The Individual Mandate (how it hurts the middle class), Border Security

Iowa (December 13-21)
  • Rallies in Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Cedar Falls
  • Town Halls in Dubuque, Davenport, and Waterloo
  • Joined by Gov. LePage in Urbandale
  • Endorsed by FMR Gov. Mike Huckabee at Rally in Iowa City
  • Endorsed by FMR Gov. Bill Owens at Rally in Cedar Falls
  • Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids w/ FMR Gov. Mike Huckabee
  • Barnstorm in Rural Iowa

Key Issues: Abortion (pro-life), Balancing the Budget, Border Security

Colorado (December 22-23)
  • Rally in Denver w/ FMR Gov. Bill Owens
  • Meet & Greet in Denver
  • Town Halls in Fort Collins and Aurora w/ FMR Gov. Bill Owens
  • Fundraiser in Littleton

Key Issues: Education Spending Increase, Balancing the Budget, and Governor Record (education budget increased, budget balanced, taxes cut)

December 24-25
Ernie Fletcher spent Christmas and Christmas Eve with his wife Glenna Fletcher and his family in his home state of Kentucky

• Social Media Reach-Out to Young Adults
  • Calling landlines
  • Knocking door to door, mostly in early states
  • Spreading the campaign message everywhere

Fletcher Gets Shocking Attendance in Anderson
FOX News

(I don't intend for this to affect polling, just a campaign highlight)

FMR Gov. Bill Owens endorses Fletcher
ABC News

Mike Huckabee endorses Fletcher
FOX News

Pence: Fletcher is 'a unifier for conservatives'
ABC News

Fletcher begins "A Future to Win" Tour in SC
FOX News

adamevans
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 12:38:36 AM »
« Edited: January 18, 2018, 05:37:10 PM by Evans »

"He Served"
Ernie Fletcher's 3rd Television Ad
Aired in South Carolina, Iowa, Colorado, and Maine.

Veteran #1: "We arrived in Vietnam in December, December 10th"
Veteran #2: "We were fighting in what was called Viet Cong. Some just called it North Vietnam."
Veteran #3: "I was there for more than a year, and by then, we had at least 75 wounded"

Veteran #1: "They broke through our lines. It was hell. We had about 52 wounded and 21 killed after the first year, maybe more. I was one of the 12 to come back home."

Veteran #2: "We had over 100 wounded at least and 62 dead. Vietnam was hell. Stuff like that, you just don't forget."

Veteran #3: "48 years ago, I had my helicopter shot down. I know several of the people I knew had died in combat. I can't believe I made it alive. Life after the war was tough. We didn't get thanked for our service. Never."

Veteran #2: "Corporal Ernie thanked me for my service. It was a... rewarding feeling. Especially coming from another veteran."

Veteran #1: "Takes a Veteran to understand a Veteran,"

Veteran #1: "And he is a Veteran."

Veteran #3: "He has a Veteran's best interest in mind. He knows when he makes foreign policy decisions that it affects lives. Ernie Fletcher is a Veteran's best friend. After all, he did serve."

Veteran #1: "And he said.. 'Thank you for your service.' tearing up"

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 04:49:41 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2018, 05:37:47 PM by Evans »

"A Leader"
Ernie Fletcher's 4th Television Ad
Aired in all early Primary & Caucus States

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher from the 2nd Presidential Debate

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »

4th Republican Presidential Debate
Ernie Fletcher

Debate Answers & Responses

General Questions

First things first, what Governor Rod did is absolutely inexcusable. When he tried to get money from appointing a vacant seat, that's corruption. When he abused his power in attempting to get money from a Children's Hospital, that's corruption. When he attempted to bribe the Chicago Tribune, that's corruption— and the fact that the public has noticed it, pointed it out, and has him convicted is proof that our democracy WORKS! (audience applause)

I think everyone up here is strongly against corruption, or at least, they say they do, and I'm not here to argue if they don't. Here's what we're going to do: Let's make sure departing members of Congress can't lobby for 3 years, and to make sure it's enforceable, we're going to make lobbyists register. In such a dark time, we can't shy away to corruption for our unelected officials, and I'm not going to let them

That's a very big question, and it's not just a yes or no answer. You can call Bush a good president for his tax cuts followed by hundreds of thousands of jobs, and that's true. You can call Bush a bad president because he spent trillions overseas and didn't act very fiscally conservative on his foreign policy, and with the reliance on the housing bubble for growth which led to the collapse. The truth is there is a grain of truth to each argument.

As a party, we should move past spending trillions overseas and acting fiscally liberal which carried into the Obama Administration. If we're going to call ourselves fiscally conservative, let's have budgets that are actually fiscally conservative. I supported Bush in his campaign because I believe he had change to give, and he did when he passed tax cuts for millions of middle class Americans.

However, it is never good to keep sticking to the same President's policy, and the Republicans shouldn't start to do that. Let's do the policies that are better for Americans NOW instead of the policies from 2004 (applause). Let's keep tax cuts and domestic fiscal conservatism. Let's become more fiscally conservative abroad. We need to focus on the future, and not the past! (applause)

This is really not a black- and- white answer. The Kentucky Supreme Court decided not to throw out my election because of that. This is something that effected nobody, nowhere, no how, and it's important to realize that. I've spent my entire life improving people's lives: From my service in the Air Force, to my career as a Doctor, to my seat as a U.S Representative, and my time as Governor. This was nothing more than a little bit of extra paperwork. I can promise everyone watching that I will never put extra paperwork over my job as a public servant.

Closing Statement

Now that 2011 about to close, we can say it's been a pretty bumpy ride for Americans the past year. Our only choice is to set our eyes on the future. It's time for politicians to stop divisive, useless rhetoric, and begin to focus more on the ethics, the policy, the vision. It's time for politicians to act more like public servants because that's what they are. I can promise you tonight that I won't stop focusing on that policy. It's time for us to get some actual recovery with an actual leader, and it's time for us to Win the Future.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 09:38:03 PM »

Huckabee to Iowa: "Show Fletcher the support that you showed me in 2008"
FOX News

adamevans
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 03:40:41 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 02:47:14 PM by Evans »

Campaign Schedule
Dec. 26 - Jan. 3

Schedule:
December 26: South Carolina
December 27 - January 3: Iowa

December 26: Ernie flies to South Carolina the morning after Christmas. He begins the day with a rally in Columbia in Remington College. He is endorsed by Senator Jim DeMint after Bobby Jindal's dropout, saying he's genuine & has the competence to win. After that rally, Ernie does a brief exclusive interview with ABC News, then goes door to door campaigning after. He ends the day with a Meet & Greet in Southeast Richland Library in Columbia.

December 27: Ernie takes a flight to Sioux City, Iowa. He begins the day taking door to door campaigning with Glenna Fletcher & campaign staff. Later, he does a rally in Briar Cliff University where he is joined by Gov. Mike Huckabee. He meets with voters in La Juanita in Sioux City, and after, he drives to Dubuque, Iowa overnight.

December 28: Ernie begins the day meeting voters in Watershed Cafe in Dubuque. After, Ernie does a Press Conference with Gov. Mike Huckabee. Ernie spends some time with his campaign staff and volunteer in Iowa after, motivating them to get out and campaign. He ends the day doing a rally in Clarke University in Dubuque with Mike Huckabee.

December 29: Ernie drives to Muscatine beginning the day with a phone interview with FOX News. After, he campaigns door to door himself with campaign staff, and then does a Meet & Greet in Musser Public Library. Afterwards, he does a rally in Muscatine Community College. He finished the day meeting with voters at Farmer's Cafe.

December 30: He begins the day driving to Iowa City. He meets voters at The High Ground Cafe. After, he does a Town Hall in Mercer Park in Iowa City then does a rally in The University of Iowa. He flies out to Burbank, California to appear on "The Jay Leno Show"

December 31: Ernie flies back out to Iowa where he drives across Rural Towns & tours them. He drives to Dubuque to campaign door to door, and does a Meet & Greet in Carnegie-Stout Public Library. At his campaign HQ in Dubuque, he begins the New Year with a rally at his Iowa Campaign HQ.

January 1: Ernie begins the New Year with a Press Conference and a Brief Interview on Phone with FOX News. He drives out to attend churches across Iowa, and meets with the preachers there after. After, he campaigns door to door in Ottumwa, and finishes the day doing a rally in Indian Hills Community College where he's joined by Mike Huckabee.

January 2: Ernie begins the day driving to Urbandale and does a rally in Kaplan University where he is endorsed by Former Speaker Newt Gingrich. Later, he meets with voters at The Urban Grill, and does a Radio Interview after that. Ernie drives to Cedar Rapids where he does a Meet & Greet at Cedar Rapids Public Library. Ernie ends the night by attending a Basketball Game at the U.S Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids.

January 3: On Caucus Day, Ernie begins a massive "Get Out the Vote!" campaign where he campaigns door to door while campaign staff and volunteers campaign in most other towns after they caucus too. Campaign Surrogates campaign in several other Iowan cities aswell. Ernie meets voters in Rise N' Dine, Zeppelin's, Lucita's Diner, and other Diners across Cedar Rapids. Before Caucus results, he holds an election night rally in his Iowa Campaign HQ in Dubuque where he delivers a speech after the results.

South Carolina (December 26)
Key Issues: Religious Freedom, Border Security, Balanced Budget, Abortion (pro-life)

Iowa (December 27 - January 3)
Key Issues: Religious Freedom, Farm Subsidies, Balanced Budget

• Reach Out to Evangelicals, emphasizing his career as a Preacher
  • Reaching out to former Jindal supporters, emphasizing Fletcher's record of bringing change
  • Knocking door to door in early caucus & primary states
  • Regularly bring Mike Huckabee to Iowa rallies
  • Promoting rallies to get them televised
  • Spreading the campaign message of unity and strong change with a plan

Senator Jim DeMint endorses Fletcher: "We need someone who can shock pundits"

Huckabee joins Fletcher Rally, reaches out to Evangelicals

Newt Gingrich endorses Ernie: "He can turn our economy around"

Fletcher reaches out to Iowa Evangelicals

Ernie Fletcher in a Church in Iowa

adamevans
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 11:50:17 PM »

Ernie Fletcher's Christmas Address
(I know I'm a turn late to this, just pretend it's on time)

Public Address
adamevans
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2018, 12:50:42 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2018, 10:23:36 PM by Evans »

Mike Huckabee: Fletcher is the "obvious choice for Evangelicals"

adamevans
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 03:34:04 PM »
« Edited: January 28, 2018, 08:36:29 PM by Evans »

"The Candidate You Can Trust"
Ernie Fletcher's 5th Television Ad
Aired in South Carolina, Iowa and Maine

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher

(pardon the extremely pixelated image)

"What I believed back in the 90s"

"is that our country leader's spend too much time working to divide rather than to serve"

"And that we must focus on getting the job done rather than this useless rhetoric, and in Congress, I spent every day to get the job done."

"Today, I couldn't be more outspoken that this country needs some real leadership that sticks to their values. I'm tired of the talking, let's win the future."

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message
adamevans
United States

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 10:53:24 AM by Evans »

"Iowa"
Ernie Fletcher's 6th Television Ad
Aired in Iowa (obviously)

Ernie Fletcher: "What choice do Iowans have in this election? The first one in the nation. One that will set the path for this election for the next 11 months. "

"My name is Samuel, and I'm a Farmer in Iowa. I'll be caucusing for Ernie Fletcher on January 3rd because I need someone who I know will stand up for people like me"

"My name is Wallace. Earlier today, I donated $30.00 to the Ernie campaign, and I will caucus for him on January 3rd because I have faith he can leave my grandchildren with a very good future."

"My name is Margaret, I'm a volunteer for the Ernie campaign in Iowa. I'm a Senior at Davenport Central High School, and I'm going to caucus for Ernie on the 3rd of January. He's very genuine, and I think that he can genuinely lead and bring change."

"I'll be caucusing for Ernie Fletcher on January 3rd. My name is Johnathan. I'm a preacher at Johnston Evangelical Church, and he, being a preacher, is someone I know will stand up for my values"

"My name is Rick, and I served in Vietnam. I make a living on a small business in Iowa, and I'm going to caucus for Ernie Fletcher on the 3rd because I know he'll put my interests above what Washington wants"

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 06:52:56 PM »

"Selfless"
Ernie Fletcher's 7th Television Ad

Aired in All Early Primary & Caucus States

Narrated by Former Lt. Gen. Terry Gabreski

"I served for our country on the frontlines, in the air force. I'm very proud of my service, being one of the first women to become a Lieutenant General."

"In the Air Force, we didn't work for medals. We got the job done."

"They did it because they cared more about duty than glory. They didn't hesitate. They acted selflessly."

"One of those soldiers is Ernie Fletcher, he was stationed in Alaska serving as a F-4E Aircraft Commander."

"He was awarded the Outstanding Unit Award because Ernie acted selflessly. Putting his country's interests above his own."

"If there was anyone I would want to lead the country, it would be Ernie because he's got the guts to lead this nation. He represents selflessness."

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
adamevans
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 08:46:45 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2018, 10:05:02 PM by Evans »

Fletcher shows up on the Jay Leno Show

Ernie Fletcher ends the Year

Fletcher's campaign uploads "How to Caucus" video

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies