Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:43:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 27360 times)
adamevans
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: February 13, 2018, 04:05:25 PM »

Responses to Governor Christie

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Governor, I might've been in office 4 years ago, but I will never exploit, for political purposes, your 2 small years governing in New Jersey. (audience laughter) Governor, when you cut deductions, those were tax increases. You DID raise taxes on people's paycheck. Someone has to stand up for getting less taxes on people's paychecks.

Governor, before my term, there hadn't been a Republican governor since 1971. It voted for Bill Clinton twice. You had a Democrat- controlled State Senate and a Democrat Attorney General when I was Governor. We didn't just not raise taxes. We passed legislation for state tax relief and raised deductions. We made tough calls too, Governor Christie. We made those tax cuts with a billion dollar deficit, and we still removed that deficit and balanced the budget. We created a billion dollar surplus. Governor, it's time we had a President that has real experience with delivering these types of things. (audience clapping)

Governor, I'm not telling you to support banning gambling. I'm telling you that we have to do something to stop us from this rapid expansion of gambling that will destroy thousands of people's lives. People lose thousands daily gambling, and I won't stop fighting for every single person that has lost thousands gambling. (audience clapping)

If we're using all the revenue on solving gambling, then what purpose does gambling serve? It solves nothing, and it's proof it solves nothing because New Jersey still ranks near the top in gambling addiction. Every year, people spend more money gambling than the revenue that comes with it. That spending is growing every year. It's a matter of leaving people in the dust because you can't stand up to gambling. I'll stand up for every person that has been left behind because the current administration has let gambling expand far more than it needs to. There must be something done about it. (audience applauses)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #426 on: February 13, 2018, 04:52:51 PM »

Chris Christie.
Fighting For You.

Christie at U.S.S Yorktown in South Carolina.''I'll fight for Reagan's vision of a strong, proud America, leading on the World Stage', blasts 'Zealots' in the GOP who are ignoring 'national security needs', and  says 'I'm ready to be Commander-in-Chief.''

Christie on Trade at Town Hall: ''I'm not here to offer easy answers.''

Governor Christie Speech on corruption- '130'.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #427 on: February 13, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »

Campaign Advert 1: 130. (Airs in South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Missouri, Maine, Colorado and Michigan)

Narrator: Are you sick of corrupt and crooked Politicians?

Politicians who use taxpayers like you, as a piggybank to fund their extravagant lifestyles. Politicians who give jobs and favours to their close friends and families. Politicians who think that they can cover up, and lie about their crimes.

In New Jersey one man stood up against this disgusting corruption.... US Attorney Chris Christie.

Chris Christie put 130 corrupt, and crooked politicians and appointed officials behind bars, and he didn't even lose a single case!

Sharpe James, who dodged paying taxes, and gave multiple houses to his girlfriend, was prosecuted and put behind bars by Chris Christie.

Wayne Bryant, who gave multiple no-show jobs to his family, and who traded public funding for kickbacks, he was prosecuted and put behind bars by Chris Christie.

Chris Christie even stood up to corrupt republicans like James W Treffinger, who had committed wire fraud and extortion.

Not only did Chris Christie fight corruption as US Attorney, but as President he's vowed to...

(cuts to Christie at a town hall) ''sort out the ethical mess in Washington. I don't care if I have to annoy republicans, or Democrats- I'm going to clean up the mess that we've been left in. I'll make sure that we end pork-barrel spending projects, I'll make sure we don't return to the practice of earmarks, and just like in New Jersey, I'll make members of Congress are transparent about their outside income.

Corruption is the most corrosive issue for American Politics. I've fought against it in New Jersey, and I'll fight against it as President.''

Chris Christie is the only candidate who has a serious record of fighting corrupt politicians, and he's the only candidate who can sort out the mess left in Washington D.C.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #428 on: February 13, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »

Campaign Ad 2: Establishment. (Airs in same as Ad 1)

(Chris Christie talking straight to the Camera)

In this campaign some folks have attacked me as being a pawn for the establishment. These fake attacks are absolutely ridiculous, and I'll tell you why.

As a US Attorney I stood up to corrupt politicians in the New Jersey establishment, from both parties. I put over 130 of them behind bars. I didn't ask if they were republicans or Democrats. I simply did my job, and prosecuted them.

I was the first Governor of New Jersey to fix, and fund our $120 Billion underfunded pension system. No previous Governor, Democrat or Republican had done that.

The establishment wisdom in New Jersey told me not to fight the powerful Establishment unions, but I did, and I reformed our education system to remove tenure parks for Teachers and ensure all kids in New Jersey get a quality education.

I only decided to run for President when grassroots activists from Iowa flew to New Jersey to ask me to run. Citizens drafted President Eisenhower in 1952 and citizens drafted an actor called Ronnie Reagan to run for Governor in California. Our country is at it's best when citizens decide our political future, not party bosses.

In this campaign I've put the people of America first. I've told the establishment in my party where it's been wrong; whether that's on helping non-violent youthful drug addicts, or on ending Washington D.C's out of control spending.

I was moved by the outpouring of support from voters in both Iowa, and New Hampshire who voted for me to be the Republican nominee. This campaign is about fighting for ordinary hard working Americans. This campaign is about fighting for you. I'd love if you could join me, and take the fight to the establishment.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #429 on: February 13, 2018, 06:10:36 PM »

Rebuttal to Christie
Paul: Christie, why do you think interventionism is an american value, our founding fathers advised non interventionism, were they against the american values? In Washington's farewell address he explicitly advised that our foreign policy should be non interventionist, if a hawkish, interventionist foreign policy is an american value, Washington wasn't defending this value.

American values are liberty, freedom and valor. It's not about interventionism, for the sake of intervening, it's about fighting back when radical Islamic terrorists attack us. It's shocking you still don't understand this.

I seem to recall that the founding fathers were more than ready to protect, and defend themselves against the French in the 1790s, and the British in 1815. But to be honest Rep. Paul I'm much more concerned about defending Americans, and protecting us from another attack from Al-Qaeda, who were in hiding in Afghanistan before we went in. I know when you're on the floor in Congress you can make these long winding speeches, but when you're President you've to be prepared to defend America. I'm prepared to do that.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #430 on: February 13, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »

Campaign Ad 3: 12 Million (Airing in South Carolina)

The Obama-Clinton Economy simply isn't working. Unemployment remains too high, too much money is taken away from working people in tax hikes, and this is then wasted on useless big-government spending. But we can end the Obama-Clinton economic stagnation.

However Governor Chris Christie has a plan to help create 12 million jobs, and to help bring growth, jobs, and investment into South Carolina.

Chris Christie's plan would repeal the job-killing mandates of Obamacare, and would cut taxes to lift the tax burden off businesses, allowing them to create new jobs, rather than handing over more money to the federal government.

His plan would gut the Estate Tax, and get rid of the excessive regulations, red tape and bureaucracy which is stopping job creation.

He'd make America truly Energy independent by building the Keystone pipeline, expanding off-shore Drilling and supporting Fracking, Ethanol and other new American fuel sources.

And finally, Governor Christie would stand up for American jobs by cutting corporation tax to 25%, and would end the scandal of tax loopholes that encourage US companies to shift profits, and jobs offshore.

(Cuts to Christie speaking) America has struggled in the past, we've been in economic turmoil but by the strength of hard work, with the support of our families and with a focus on the great pioneering spirit that built this country, we can lift this Economy up.

My plan to help create 12 million jobs, through tax cuts, regulation repeals and real investment into high-quality jobs will be the first step on the road to recovery. I know that the American people, when they're united behind strong, principled leaders can rise up, as they've always done. So please join me, and let's lift this broken Obama-Clinton Economy back to life.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #431 on: February 13, 2018, 06:36:08 PM »

Ad 4 Stand up for America (South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Missouri, Maine,
 Michigan, Colorado, Arizona)

(Narrator shows a disabled veteran talking to the Camera)

''I was in an armored column in Kandahar in 2009. We'd been sent to flush out a Taliban terror cell that had been targeting a woman's refuge with mortar attacks. But before we could get there an IED went off to the right side of our Humvee....

All I remember of the blast is a flash. When I woke up I was being flown back to the States. I lost all of my left leg, and half of my right. Every day when I get up I'm reminded of the damage, but I'm also reminded of the sacrifice that I, and thousands of other troops made to America.

(Camera cuts to the veteran lifting himself up off the seat)

It takes me a bit longer now to stand up.

But serving in the US Army showed me that we need a President who is prepared to stand up for American troops, for American values and for American Leadership around the world. We're the greatest country in the History of the World. My Grand-dad stood up against the Nazis when he stormed the beeches of Normandy in 1944, and my Dad served in the Air-Force in the Gulf War when we stood up against Saddam Hussein.

I know that American leadership matters. I'm supporting Chris Christie for President because he's the only candidate who's standing up for America. As a US Attorney he dedicated his time in office to combating terrorism, and put arms smugglers, and radical Islamic terrorist behind bars.

As President he's got plans to fully fund our military, to aggressively target Osama Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, and to make sure that the terrorists I was fighting in Afghanistan don't get there hands on Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Governor Christie has also stood up for Veterans in New Jersey by introducing dedicated mental health staff, and a 24 Hotline for Veteran Support. As President he'll let Veterans get healthcare anywhere in America, and he'll put an experienced professional in charge of the VA. I know and trust Governor Christie will stand up for Americans.

I know the cost of serving my country, and I know that Governor Christie has the experience, the skills and the courage to protect America. He's the only guy who's standing up to fight for America. Please join me, in standing up, and supporting Chris Chistie to be our next commander in Chief.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #432 on: February 13, 2018, 08:24:01 PM »

Campaign Highlights
Part Three

Local Interview w/ Ernie Fletcher
Jan. 17th

Marco Rubio: "I'm very concerned with Christie's tax hikes in New Jersey"
Jan. 18th

CNN Exclusive: Fletcher Interview
Jan. 20th

Fletcher at campaign rally: "We're going to show them tomorrow that campaigns don't have to be about political games."
Jan. 20th

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #433 on: February 13, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »

Carolla on social media

Chris Christie has hinted at tax hikes and has done a bad job of trying to disprove that.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2018, 09:18:46 PM »

"Selfless"
Ernie Fletcher's 7th Television Ad (replayed)

Aired in Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, Minnesota, Colorado, Maine, and Michigan

Narrated by Former Lt. Gen. Terry Gabreski

"I served for our country on the frontlines, in the air force. I'm very proud of my service, being one of the first women to become a Lieutenant General."

"In the Air Force, we didn't work for medals. We got the job done."

"They did it because they cared more about duty than glory. They didn't hesitate. They acted selflessly."

"One of those soldiers is Ernie Fletcher, he was stationed in Alaska serving as a F-4E Aircraft Commander."

"He was awarded the Outstanding Unit Award because Ernie acted selflessly. Putting his country's interests above his own."

"If there was anyone I would want to lead the country, it would be Ernie because he's got the guts to lead this nation. He represents selflessness."

I'm Ernie Fletcher & I approve this message
adamevans
United States

« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:57 PM »

"A Leader"
Ernie Fletcher's 4th Television Ad (replayed)
Aired in South Carolina, Florida, Nevada, and Michigan

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher from the 2nd Presidential Debate

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #436 on: February 13, 2018, 09:51:37 PM »

Ernie's South Carolina GOTV Strategy

With Ernie looking in very good condition to win in South Carolina, the campaign is looking to outdo expectations and win 35% - 40% of the overall vote. The campaign is looking to attract disappointed republicans, social conservatives, Ron Paul supporters, and strong Christians to their campaign. Many of Fletcher's surrogates, including South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint, will be campaigning with campaign staff to get out the vote. The campaign is also looking to keep Republicans who are maybe mad with Upton's endorsement by claiming the Fletcher continued to be the most conservative in the race and would stick to those values in the case he gets to choose a VP Nominee. The campaign is also looking to attract Christie supporters who were shocked by the tax hikes in his time as Governor pointed out by Fletcher at the debate and several other interviews. Overall, the campaign will be working very hard to get Fletcher to exceed expectations and win with 35%+ of the vote.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #437 on: February 13, 2018, 09:52:53 PM »

"The Candidate You Can Trust"
Ernie Fletcher's 5th Television Ad (replayed)
Aired in South Carolina, Florida, Maine, Minnesota, Colorado, Missouri, and Michigan

Narrated by Ernie Fletcher

(pardon the extremely pixelated image)

"What I believed in the 90s"

"is that our country leader's spend too much time working to divide rather than to serve"

"And that we must focus on getting the job done rather than this useless rhetoric, and in Congress, I spent every day to get the job done."

"Today, I couldn't be more outspoken that this country needs some real leadership that sticks to their values. I'm tired of the talking, let's win the future."

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message
adamevans
United States

« Reply #438 on: February 13, 2018, 09:54:20 PM »

"He Served"
Ernie Fletcher's 3rd Television Ad (replayed)
Aired in South Carolina, Florida, Maine, Minnesota, Colorado, Missouri, and Michigan

Veteran #1: "We arrived in Vietnam in December, December 10th"
Veteran #2: "We were fighting in what was called Viet Cong. Some just called it North Vietnam."
Veteran #3: "I was there for more than a year, and by then, we had at least 75 wounded"

Veteran #1: "They broke through our lines. It was hell. We had about 52 wounded and 21 killed after the first year, maybe more. I was one of the 12 to come back home."

Veteran #2: "We had over 100 wounded at least and 62 dead. Vietnam was hell. Stuff like that, you just don't forget."

Veteran #3: "48 years ago, I had my helicopter shot down. I know several of the people I knew had died in combat. I can't believe I made it alive. Life after the war was tough. We didn't get thanked for our service. Never."

Veteran #2: "Corporal Ernie thanked me for my service. It was a... rewarding feeling. Especially coming from another veteran."

Veteran #1: "Takes a Veteran to understand a Veteran,"

Veteran #1: "And he is a Veteran."

Veteran #3: "He has a Veteran's best interest in mind. He knows when he makes foreign policy decisions that it affects lives. Ernie Fletcher is a Veteran's best friend. After all, he did serve."

Veteran #1: "And he said.. 'Thank you for your service.' tearing up"

I'm Ernie Fletcher and I approve this message.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #439 on: February 13, 2018, 10:54:39 PM »

Carolla final update

Carolla campaigned in South Carolina one last time in Clemson and relaxed in his hotel room watching the results.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #440 on: February 15, 2018, 07:28:20 PM »

Debate Winners:

GOP:

Congressman Jones being unable to join the debate, just four candidates made it to the debate stage in South Carolina, all giving what were considered to be spirited performances. The debate was, however, more defined by the constant back and forth between Paul, Christie and Fletcher, candidates who seemed determined to block attacks and inflict harm on their contenders. Isolation from the main fight meant Carolla was the least prominent candidate in the debate, but at the same time sustained no harm. Paul and Christie were involved in a bitter struggle over foreign policy, and Fletcher casted sustained doubts on Christie's records that forced the governor to play defence.

As a result, and despite very strong responses to the main questions, it was commonly agreed Christie emerged from the debate more wounded than his opponents, with Paul also sustaining a fair share of damage over foreign policy views which are unpopular with other candidates. This left Governor Ernie Fletcher as the last man standing, critically aided by the lack of wounding criticism of his views or record by most candidates and giving him a key boost before the primary.

DEM:

With Senator Clinton not attending the debate (which drew a fair share of criticism towards her), the Democratic debate essentially turned into free airtime for Vice-President Biden, a decisive, unprecedent commodity which could have been exploited to the full and given the Vice-President decisive momentum. It was therefore surprising to see the Vice-President make several gaffes or go all the way for the progressive vote, drawing much criticism over his remarks on the Civil War, Speaker Pelosi and particularly Justice Clarence Thomas. Being the sole candidate on stage Vice President Biden managed to secure his hold of the left of the party and continue inroads in some important demographics, but at the cost of scaring away many moderate voters to the Clinton camp, and potentially hurting the party's national polling. It remains to be sene which effect is stronger.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #441 on: February 15, 2018, 08:02:05 PM »
« Edited: February 15, 2018, 08:21:49 PM by Lumine »

Primary Analysis:

"What do we make of the past days in the Democratic primary?"

Pundit 1: Disappointing seems like the best word. Biden blew an excellent opportunity.

Pundit 2: Yes and no. It may hurt him in GE polling, but he has to win the primary first. His style of campaign over the past month or so could help him in South Carolina, and he absolutely needs that state to move forward.

Pundit 3: I think there's an honest question as to whether it may be too late. Biden is virtually not contesting Nevada, and with Clinton having settled there for the past days polling suggest her victory will be larger than expected. And that's three victories in a row.

Pundit 1: It's certainly Clinton's race to lose, this nomination. Biden has been closing the gap with substantial success, but I get the feeling it will take something important to truly change the game.

"And the Republicans?"

Pundit 2: Quite a fight they're having now. It's turning into a fiery contest.

Pundit 1: I think Christie's going to take the most damage out of this. Don't get me wrong, his campaign efforts are superb. But when you're forced to defend your record then your rivals are doing something right.

Pundit 3: I don't think it's doubtful that Fletcher will win this primary, but the margin will matter. Lest we forget, he has avoided significant attacks on his record, so his low recognition has allowed him to brand himself successfully.

Pundit 2: Indeed, I think he'll win as well. The margin of victory is the thing to watch.

Pundit 1: Can't believe I'm saying this, but don't count Ron Paul out of this one. His campaign efforts were not as good as Fletcher or Christie, but he did well in the debate and could give a surprise.

Pundit 3: And Christie?

Pundit 2: That's the real question. He has noteworthy advantages, particularly having much better quality and effect in advertising. It has to be seen whether he surpasses attacks on his record to do well here.

"I'm told we can finally make a projection for Nevada and South Carolina, let's go to the results

Primary Results:

"We can formally project Senator Hillary Clinton will defeat Vice-President Joe Biden at the Nevada Caucus, surpassing the margin projected in the polls and doing very well at delegate hunting. With the third consecutive victory for Clinton, all eyes will be on South Carolina and Florida now:

Democratic Nevada Caucus:

Hillary Clinton: 58.87% (21)
Joe Biden: 41.13% (15)

Democratic Primary:

Delegates:

Hillary Clinton: 63
Joe Biden: 57

Superdelegates:
(Not included in the delegate count above)

Hillary Clinton: 18
Joe Biden: 9

"And in the Republican primary, Governor Ernie Fletcher does indeed win a major victory by surpassing 37% of the vote. Governor Christie holds second place far away with 21%, and as Walter Jones suffers a tough blow to his aspirations Ron Paul rebounds to 13% following an effective campaign. This is certainly a major boost for the former Kentucky Governor, but it remains to be seen if he can sustain this momentum.

Republican South Carolina Primary:

Ernie Fletcher: 37.25% (25)
Chris Christie: 21.71% (0)
Walter Jones: 19.62% (0)
Ron Paul: 13.98% (0)
Adam Carolla: 7.44% (0)

Republican Primary:

Delegates:

Ernie Fletcher: 31
Chris Christie: 24
Ron Paul: 5
Walter Jones: 3
Adam Carolla: 2
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #442 on: February 15, 2018, 08:25:55 PM »

Turn Eight: Gunfight at the Sunshine State:
January 22nd to January 31st, 2012

In the News!

Fletcher triumphs in South Carolina
Can the anti-Christie candidate consolidate the conservative forces?

Decisive battles in South Carolina, Florida
Biden in need for a victory in SC, GOP challengers look towards Florida

Obama delivers 2012 State of the Union Address
President defends his record as his successor remains unclear

Right to Work arrives in Indiana
Indiana House passes controversial measure curbing unions

1.- Turn: This turn takes us to the end of January, and involves the Florida Primary (both parties) and the Democratic South Carolina primary. While the Democratic Primaries remain proportional (excepting super-delegates), Florida and its 50 delegates are winner take all. Not a prize to be ignored!

GE Polling

RCP Average:
2012 Presidential Election:

Generic Republican: 47%
Generic Democrat: 41%
Wesley Clark: 8%
Undecided: 4%

Primary Polling

RCP: Republican Primary:

Chris Christie: 29%
Ernie Fletcher: 27%
Ron Paul: 16%
Walter Jones: 13%
Adam Carolla: 12%
Undecided: 3%

Republicans: Fletchermentum?

Despite constantly well-planned efforts to secure the nomination, Governor Christie continues to face trouble to "seal the deal" as his rivals constantly attack his conservative credentials. With Walter Jones taking a substantial hit before the South Carolina primary, Governor Ernie Fletcher suddenly became the so called "conservative alternative" to Christie and shot up in the polls in the aftermath of South Carolina, giving him a credible shot at the nomination as Ron Paul and Adam Carolla make limited gains.

And yet, a crucial challenge lays ahead in the Florida Primary, a massive contest with much larger numbers of voters than past limited primaries. A victory in the Sunshine State not only would give the winner 50 crucial delegates, it provides a decisive chance for Christie and Fletcher to inflict serious harm to the loser.  It is also noteworthy for being the state in which Adam Carolla has focused the most, and should he upset Fletcher and Christie in this key battleground the race may become wide open.

RCP: Democratic Primary:

Hillary Clinton: 54%
Joe Biden: 43%
Undecided: 3%

Democrats: Two battlegrounds

A somewhat low key week after New Hampshire drama, Vice-President Joe Biden failed to fully exploit the advantages of a debate for himself, while at the same time making some gains among progressives and African-American voters. This was countered by Clinton being virtually uncontested in Nevada, delivering a third victory for the Senator and putting the Biden campaign in a decisive moment. All eyes are on Florida and South Carolina now, states that may determine whether Senator Clinton will sail to the nomination without further problems or whether Vice-President Biden can force a long contest, in which he has a significant chance at victory.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #443 on: February 15, 2018, 08:32:00 PM »

GOP Average Polling:

FLORIDA:

Chris Christie: 39%
Ernie Fletcher: 24%
Adam Carolla: 20%
Ron Paul: 15%
Walter Jones: 8%

NEVADA:

Ron Paul: 34%
Adam Carolla: 19%
Ernie Fletcher: 18%
Chris Christie: 15%
Walter Jones: 10%

MAINE:

Ron Paul: 29%
Adam Carolla: 16%
Ernie Fletcher: 14%
Walter Jones: 7%
Undecided: 5%

MINNESOTA:

Ernie Fletcher: 30%
Ron Paul: 24%
Walter Jones: 19%
Chris Christie: 12%
Adam Carolla: 9%
Undecided: 6%

COLORADO:

Ron Paul: 14%
Walter Jones: 13%
Adam Carolla: 12%

MISSOURI:

Ernie Fletcher: 38%
Walter Jones: 19%
Chris Christie: 19%
Ron Paul: 11%
Adam Carolla: 8%

ARIZONA:

Chris Christie: 28%
Walter Jones: 17%
Ron Paul: 13%
Adam Carolla: 10%

MICHIGAN:

Ernie Fletcher: 37%
Chris Christie: 25%
Walter Jones: 15%
Ron Paul: 10%
Adam Carolla: 7%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #444 on: February 15, 2018, 08:36:05 PM »

DEM Average Polling:

SOUTH CAROLINA:

Joe Biden: 52%
Hillary Clinton: 46%
Undecided: 2%

FLORIDA:

Hillary Clinton: 57%
Joe Biden: 39%

MAINE:

Hillary Clinton: 53%
Joe Biden: 41%

ARIZONA:

Hillary Clinton: 55%
Joe Biden: 41%

MICHIGAN:

Hillary Clinton: 49%
Joe Biden: 47%
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #445 on: February 15, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »

Endorsements from Turn Seven:

Christie: Paul Ryan.
Fletcher: Matt Blunt, The Greenville News.
Corella: Buzz Aldrin, Adrian Wyllie.
Paul: Peter Thiel, Jim Jordan.

Biden: Al Gore, Sherrod Brown.

Clark: Lowell Weicker, Gary Hart.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #446 on: February 17, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »

Schedule for Joe Biden

January 22, 2012

Meet Voters in Bonneau, South Carolina

Meet Voters in St. Stephen, South Carolina (with Jim Clyburn and John Lewis)

Meet Voters in Kingstree, South Carolina (With Jim Clyburn and John Lewis)

Meet Voters in Andrews, South Carolina (With Jim Clyburn and John Lewis)

January 23, 2012

Meet Voters in Georgetown, South Carolina (With Jim Clyburn)

Meet Voters in Loris, South Carolina

Speech at Brooks Stadium, Conway, South Carolina

A couple of days ago, the Republicans had their primary here, and what happened confirmed what I've been saying from the moment I stepped into the race, that there are only two serious contenders for their nomination, in Governor Christie and Governor Fletcher. Both have enormous flaws. Governor Fletcher was forced to deny rumors that he was considering Congressman Upton as his running mate, and has several scandals from his days as Governor of Kentucky, some of which ended with him being indicted. Governor Christie on the other hand, seems to think that being the nation's most abrasive Governor is a "badge of honor", and he regularly insults the members of the New Jersey Legislature, and his constituents. That is not a man who should be trying to negotiate with Congress, or with foreign governments.

Meet Voters in Atlantic Beach, South Carolina (With Al Gore)

Speech in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

It's nice to actually be in the lead somewhere for once... I don't recall being in the lead in any state in 1988, and I definitely wasn't anywhere near the lead at any point four years ago...but I need your help to keep it, and I'll need your help to carry the momentum from a win here on to Florida, Maine,
Arizona, Michigan and beyond.

Meet Voters in Mullins, South Carolina

January 24, 2012

Meet Voters in Marion, South Carolina

Speech at the Florence Civic Center, Florence, South Carolina

I know we've lost three in a row, but I still feel like we've got the momentum on our side. Remember, Senator Clinton refused to debate us last time around, and if she keeps doing that we will storm back and win an easy nomination!

Meet Voters in Manning, South Carolina

Speech at Oliver C. Dawson Stadium, Orangeburg, South Carolina (With Jim Clyburn and John Lewis)

I don't know what General Clark is doing in this race, other than trying to sabotage our party. If he wanted to run for President, he should have run as a Democrat, not as some "Holier than thou" Independent".

January 25, 2012

Meet Voters in Vance, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Santee, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Lighthouse Point, Florida (With Al Gore and Russ Feingold)

January 26, 2012

Meet Voters in Opa-locka, Florida (With Al Gore and Russ Feingold)

Meet Voters in Virginia Gardens, Florida (With Al Gore)

Meet Voters in Woodruff, South Carolina

January 27, 2012

Meet Voters in Cowpens, South Carolina

Cabinet Meeting, Washington D.C
January 28, 2012

GOTV/Phone Banking

Election Night Rally, Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, South Carolina (With Jim Clyburn, John Lewis, Al Gore and Phil Bredesen)

January 29, 2012

Meet Voters in Temple Terrace, Florida

Meet Voters in Winter Park, Florida

Meet Voters in Mount Dora Florida

January 30, 2012

Meet Voters in Neptune Beach, Florida

Speech at Doak Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, Florida

Florida is a state that has been and will be one of the most vulnerable to climate change, surrounded on almost all sides by coastlines, and facing the battering of rising waters and more powerful hurricanes. But what do Republicans like Marco Rubio, Ernie Fletcher and Chris Christie want to do to combat this threat? Nothing, because they don't believe in the science, or they think that "God will take care of it'. Look, you can be as spiritual as you want, but God is giving, us, man the tools to save ourselves. We have to use them, rather than waiting for him to fix it for us. That's not how this works.

January 31, 2012

GOTV/Phone Bank

Election Night Rally at Tropicana Field, Tampa, Florida (with all surrogates, except for John Kerry and Al Gore)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #447 on: February 17, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »
« Edited: February 17, 2018, 07:00:03 PM by DKrol »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
January 22 to January 31, 2012

January 22: Senator Clinton holds a victory press conference in Reno, Nevada to celebrate her victory in the Nevada Caucus. She thanks her supporters and her "excellent field team" for buoying her to such a large victory "in such a critical state". When asked about her odds in South Carolina, she responds by saying "We're going to contest every state. Whether or not we win every state - that's up to the voters". She was also asked if she was worried that missing the most recent debate hurt her chances. Senator Clinton responded with a chuckle, saying "I wish I could give the Vice President an hour and a half on prime time every night. It seems every time he talks, he puts his foot in his mouth". She went on to reference his weak debate performance, which included bizarre comments on the Civil War, former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, and Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

Following the press conference, Senator Clinton flies to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

January 23: Senator Clinton's day begins by making the rounds on the local media circuit, sitting down for interviews with the Sun-Sentinal and the Miami Herald and also appearing on WINK, WTVJ, and WMBB. She then holds a rally at the Reverend Samuel Delevoe Memorial Park with Florida Senator Bill Nelson and California Senator Dianne Feinstein. At the rally Senator Clinton talks about the importance of unity, "not just within the Democratic Party, but across the nation". She calls Vice President "a loose cannon, who could throw off our most stable geo-political alliances with just one of his trademark gaffes". At the rally in Fort Launderdale, Senator Clinton makes the pledge to have gender parity in her Cabinet.

After the rally, Senator Clinton, Senator Nelson, and Senator Feinstein drive to the Food Pantry of Broward County and spend two hours volunteering there.

January 24: The Clinton Campaign drives to Miami during the predawn hours of the morning. The day begins with a round-table breakfast meeting on gun control with local political and social leaders. Senator Clinton committs herself to "the cause of making sure only responsible people with a peaceful desire for a gun can get a gun". After the breakfast, she travels to the Francis W. Taylor Wildlife Management Area and goes on a tour of a portion of the property with Florida Fish and Wildlife officers. She uses the opportunity to make a pitch for the conservation of the planet "because it's the only one we've got" and calls on companies to adopt "protective, pro-Earth policies".

Senator Clinton then flies to Fort Myers and holds a rally at jetBlue Park at Fenway South, Spring Training home of the Boston Red Sox. At the rally, she highlights her many decades in public service, "shattering glass ceilings all along the way". The main theme of the night is shattering "the final, largest, toughest glass ceiling left".

January 25: After sleeping in Fort Myers, Senator Clinton catches an early-morning flight to Spartanburg, South Carolina.

She begins her tour of South Carolina with a visit at the BMW plant in Greer. While meeting with workers there she notes with joy that the plant was negotiated and opened during her time as First Lady, hearkening back to the economic successes of the 1990s. She applauds the workers for being "one of the highest producing BMW plants" in the world. Senator Clinton then gives a speech near the plant to re-explain her plan to revitalize the American economy, emphasizing the points of increasing tax relief for the middle class, instituting the Summer Gas Tax Holiday, and expanding job re-training programs for people "otherwise left behind by the evolving economy".

In the afternoon she tapes an interview, to appear on NBC News, with Andrea Mitchell.

January 26: Senator Clinton drives to Aiken, South Carolina where she holds a town hall meeting with veterans. In the evening she and former President Clinton meet with local African American and religious leaders in Barnwell, South Carolina to discuss increasing employment among African Americans and ensuring that "the triumphs of electing our first African American President do not" get tossed by the wayside once President Obama is out of office.

January 27: Senator Clinton begins her day at Clemson University, where she meets with students before giving a GOTV speech in the Fike Recreation Center. She emphasises the importance of young people turning out to vote "to send the message that young people are paying attention to this election and that they want their voices heard". In the afternoon she goes door knocking in the local area with Clemson University College Democrats and other "Youth for Hillary" South Carolina volunteers.

The Clinton Campaign's senior staff hold an evening strategy session with Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton at their County Headquarters in Greenville.

January 28: GOTV begins early, with Senator Clinton and Former President Clinton visiting various diners and breakfast joints across Richland County from 5 AM to 8 AM. Later in the morning, the Clintons then rally volunteers at South Carolina State Headquarters in Columbia and go door knocking for a few hours in Columbia's Forest Acres and Arcadia Lakes neighbourhoods. Senator Clinton then drives to Sumter, South Carolina, where she meets with local Democratic Party activists and does a few hours worth of phonebanking with them.

Senator Clinton, Former President Clinton, and the Clinton Campaign senior staff wait for results to come in from the Residence Inn by Mariott in Florence. Once the results are clear, Senator Clinton addresses her supporters at the Election Night rally at the Smith University Center at Francis Marion University. Regardless of the outcome of the night, the message is positive and serves to transition the campaign to Florida.

January 29: The Clinton Campaign kicks into full-gear in Florida the morning after South Carolina. Senator Clinton flies from South Carolina to Miami in the early morning hours, and hits the ground running with a speech on the tarmac, where she signals "the beginning of a new phase of the campaign", where the delegate totals and vote margins "really begin to take hold". She stresses her early successes in Iowa, where she had been behind, in New Hampshire, and in Nevada, where she far exceeded expections. She calls Florida "the crown jewel of the primary" and promises to "make up for the DNC's mistreatment of Florida" in 2008.

After her tarmac speech, Senator Clinton meets with voters at Miami's Tropical Park before traveling downtown to meet with innovators in the bio-tech industry at Jackson Memorial Hospital. She also makes a point of meeting with patients at the hospital.

January 30: Early in the morning, Senator Clinton rallies volunteers at the Clinton Campaign's Florida Headquarters in the Wynwood Art District of Miami. After making an hour's worth of phonecalls, Senator Clinton flies to Daytona Beach. Upon arrival in Daytona Beach, she gives a speech at Mainland High School, in which she talks about the importance of recognizing the impact of climate change and taking steps to ensure that "large swaths of our country - much of Florida - still exist in fifty, one hundred, three hundred years". After the speech, Senator Clinton meets with teachers and administrators at the school before going door knocking in the area with Florida Senator Bill Nelson.

January 31: Overnight, Senator Clinton drives from Daytona Beach to Jacksonville. She and Former President Clinton travel to various polling places across the city to meet with early voters. She brings with her boxes of doughnuts and cases of coffee, handing them out to Clinton Campaign volunteers as a thank you for their hard work. The Clintons then travel to Klutho Park, where they meet with voters before Senator Clinton gives a GOTV speech cementing the "critical nature" of a "tremendous victory" in Florida.

After the speech in Klutho Park, Senator Clinton flies to Tallahassee. She begins by going door knocking in the historic Frenchtown neighbourhood and then visits, with Former President Clinton, polling places across the city as the polls begin to close. The Clinton Campaign sends out a mass-text-and-email reminding voters that if they're in line when the polls close, they are required to be allowed to vote. Senator Clinton, Former President Clinton, Senator Bill Nelson, and the Clinton Campaign senior staff wait for results to come in from the Staybridge Suites in Tallahassee. Once the results are clear, Senator Clinton addresses her supporters at the Election Night rally at Doak Campbell Stadium on the campus of Florida State University. She makes note in her speech, regardless of the outcome, that Vice President Biden had been there the night before but that she was there "for the night that counts".
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #448 on: February 17, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing in Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #9
A Seat for Everyone at the Table, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #10
In Their Own Words, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with Biden on the campaign trail in 2012-

NARRATOR: Joe Biden has run a dangerous campaign based on division, hatred, and fear mongering. Just listen to him:

BIDEN: "I give my word as a Biden, that we will prevail, and that even if we do not, neither will Senator Clinton."

BIDEN: "If it means promising Kim Jong-Un we'll protect his regime for the duration of a Biden Presidency to get him to disarm his nuclear weapons, it's a trade I'm willing to make."

BIDEN: "I was wrong to not filibuster Clarence Thomas. I was wrong to allow Clarence Thomas a hearing on the Judiciary Committee. He does not deserve a place on the highest court on the land."

BIDEN: "It's not my fault Republicans in Congress were more interested in denying President Obama any achievement whatsoever, in what was obviously blatant racism. Seriously, we haven't seen anything this bad since before the Civil War."

- Scene shifts to Hillary on the campaign trail -

NARRATOR: Meanwhile, Senator Hillary Clinton has been running a committed, policy-driven, optomistic campaign for the future of our country:

HILLARY: "The way to end this crisis ... is to get illegal guns off the streets and keep guns out of the hands of unstable and dangerous people."

HILLARY: "I believe that every child is entitled to a good education, regardless of their skin color or economic status. We need to start our public education at a younger age."

HILLARY: "I want to build a country where every person has the full opportunity to take part in the beautiful American dream."

HILLARY: "That's how we're going to turn the economy around and get America back on track, by giving the American people the incentives that they need to increase their spending, increase their savings, and increase consumer confidence."

NARRATOR: You've heard from the candidates in their own words. Is it still a question at this point who would make a better President of the United States?

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #449 on: February 17, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »

Republican Presidential Debate-Live from Florida

Good Evening, I'm Megyn Kelly, and I'm the moderator for tonight's Republican Debate. I ask that our audience here be silent except for polite applause as our candidates walk onto the stage, which should be happening any minute now. This debate will have questions from me, and will allow the candidates to respond to any other candidate.

To Christie: You've according to my good friend Karl Rove, become the "establishment candidate" in the Republican field, with party insiders preferring your nomination. What do you have to offer that past "establishment" nominees didn't?

To Christie: You've only been Governor of New Jersey for about two years now. Do you believe that is enough experience to mount a successful Presidential Campaign and, if you win, serve effectively as President?

[To Fletcher:/i] As you are a lay minister who tried to make your church more evangelical, I have to ask, do you believe in Dominion Theology?

To Fletcher: Kentucky has one of the highest percentages of coal miners out of work.
What is your plan to put them back to work?

To Jones and Paul: What do you believe is the best approach to rebuilding Iraq?

To Jones: You've sided with the Democrats on raising the minimum wage. Does that make you an atypical Republican?

To Paul: Which remaining state do you think is your best chance at a victory?

To Carolla: Should you not win the nomination, what other candidate, Republican, Democrat or Independent, would you endorse?

To All: Do you believe our climate is warming, and if so, do you believe that humans share at least some of the responsibility?

To All: What type of tax cuts would you pursue as President?

To All:How do you propose to fix our deteriorating relationship with Pakistan?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies