Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:45:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26302 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« on: January 03, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Schedule
September 1 to September 30, 2011

September 1 to September 4: Senator Clinton holds a series of events in New York City and the surrounding area. The schedule includes a meeting with members of the Center Against Domestic Violence, a tour of John Bowne High School in Queens, and a walking tour of New York City with members of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association of the City of New York. The Clinton Campaign has titled these events a "Listening Tour" that will help Senator Clinton "get to know the issues that are at the heart of the discontent in America". A fundraiser in the Hamptons was held, with former President Clinton in attendance.

September 5 to September 10: Senator Clinton's Listening Tour continued in New Hampshire. The Senator met with the Young Democrats of New Hampshire in Manchester and discussed the importance of youth turnout. She also visited several VFW and American Legion posts across the state, using the meetings to hear first-hand about the struggles veterans face in civilian life. Senator Clinton met with Governor John Lynch to discuss the budding drug crisis in the state. Senator Jeanne Shaheen joined Senator Clinton during her tour of the state.

September 11: Senator Clinton returned to New York City the morning of September 11 to attend a service at Ground Zero. After the service, she met with first responders from the attack and families of victims. No campaign events were held.

September 12 to September 21: Before leaving New York City, Senator Clinton went to Zuccotti Park and met with members of the Occupy protest in an effort to get a better grasp of their positions. She then took an Amtrak to Washington, D.C. for Senate business. Senator Clinton did not take part in any campaign events, but campaign offices were opened and field staff were hired.

September 22 to September 28: The Clinton Campaign's Listening Tour shifted to Florida at the end of September. Senator Clinton held meetings with Cuban refugees and discussed the state of Cuban-American relations. She took part in a roundtable discussion on climate change with Floridians affected by recent hurricanes, such as Ike and Rina. The Senator also attended a meeting of the Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. Florida Senator Bill Nelson joined Senator Clinton during her tour of the state.

September 29 and September 30: Senator Clinton flew to Nevada after leaving Florida. She began with a tour of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, where she met with members of the Student Government Association. She also attended a meeting of the College Democrats of UNLV and a meeting with several college administrators, discussing the rising cost of higher education with both groups.

On September 30, Senator Clinton held her first true rally of the campaign at Sam Boyd Stadium in Whitney, Nevada. She used the Whitney speech to promote her economic agenda, calling it "a plan for the working class". She laid out her proposal for tax cuts for the middle class, increasing penalties for companies with off-shore accounts, and introducing the summer Gas Tax Holiday. Senator Clinton lamented the Obama Administration for "listening to the financal analysts who say the economy is back on track. If the President and his staff actually got out into the street and talked to real people, they'd know what I've been saying for years. The Great Recession is not over. The stock market is abysmal. People are suffering. I'm here today to offer my hand, to help life up every America let down by this White House."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
September 2011 Debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Clinton: If there's one thing that the American people can agree on, it's that this economy isn't working. For far too long, jobs have been scarce and even if you can find work, wages have been stagnant. Too many Americans are having to take on either extra shifts, or start second or even third jobs to pay the bills. This cannot last. Our economy must be fundamentally changed to work for everyone in the 21st Century. That is why I've proposed a three part strategy to get the economy back on track. First, we need to cut taxes on the middle class, to give people the freedom to either save some money or pay off some bills. Second, we need to pursue companies with secret off-shore accounts and aggressively punish them for avoiding their taxes. Third, we will create the summer Gas Tax Holiday, to help the American people save on gas during the busiest gas consumption season. These three steps, together, are the beginning of truly ending the Great Recession and restoring confidence in the American economy.

Clinton: Well, let me tell you. I met with members of the Occupy Wall Street Movement in New York the other day. Like many people, I'd heard about the Occupy Movement and I wasn't really quite sure what to make of them, so I took the time to go hear it directly from them. They're fed up with being ignored. That's their message, plain and simple: listen to us. Well, I'm listening to you. We need to have a discussion on income inequality in this nation. We need to make sure that every person actually has the opportunity to succeed by ending the continual cycle of poverty in America. I urge everyone in the Movement to remain calm and peacefully excercise your right to assembly. Your occupation of Zuccotti Park has made a statment, now work with us, work with me, to take your concerns and make it into a strong fiscal policy.

Clinton: Libya has been a problem for the United States and, really, the free world since Muammar Gaddafi came to power in 1969. The Libyan regime has supported militant forces, invaded other African nations, and caused the deaths of 270 people, including 190 American citizens, through its support of terrorists. The UNSC and NATO have authorized a No-Fly Zone over Libya and we are under an obligation to take part in that mission, as a member-state of the United Nations and NATO, and as a champion for human rights around the globe. The No-Fly Zone and naval blockade are the minimum steps we must take with regard to Libya. The minimum, however, is not what we should do. As the only remaining global superpower, we have an obligation to lead, but not an obligation to go it alone. Within hours of assuming office, I will be in contact with Prime Minister Cameron and President Sarkozy to develop a global course of action. I will not take any option off the table at this time, but I would be strongly resistive of putting American boots on the ground.

Clinton: To dismiss my candidacy as "an unnecessary division" to to white wash over the issues in this country. The economy has not recovered; people are loosing their jobs and those with jobs are struggling to pay the bills and put food on the table. Healthcare has not been fixed; there are people dying in their homes because they cannot afford to see a doctor or to fill a prescription. Iraq has not been stabilized; our soldiers, the Middle East, and the world are less secure and less safe now than they were when this President took office. My campaign is not an unnecessary division, it is completely necessary to give a voice to the voiceless and to remind this President that he is responsible to the American people, that they will hold him to account for his shortcomings.

Clinton: My campaign isn't about making life easy for the Democratic Party or for this President. My campaign is about giving a voice to the American people who this President has ignored. My campaign is about delivering people the hope and change that this President promised them, but failed to come through on. My campaign is about finally breaking the highest glass ceiling in the world and finally proving to every little girl in America that yes, you can become President if you're a girl. I'm not running for President of the Democratic Party, I'm running for President of the United States of America and I'm going to do what's in the best interest of this country. I've done it my entire career and I'm not going to stop now. People know who I am and what I stand for, and I stand by my record of accomplishment and progress.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 08:17:48 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #1
Hillary for America, Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Florida

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton: Lawyer, advocate for children, First Lady of the United States, Senator from New York, candidate for President

- Scene cuts to a 9/11 First Responder mowing his lawn -

MAN: Hillary fought for the rights of first responders from September 11th like me.

- Scene cuts to a family of four sitting around the dining room table -

WOMAN: Hillary fought for the Children's Health Insurance Program for kids like my son.

- Scene cuts to a senior citizen playing cards -

WOMAN: Hillary fought to protect our social safety net for seniors like us.

- Scene cuts to a father playing in the yard with his two daughters -

MAN: Hillary fought to advance women's rights for girls like my daughters.

- Scene cuts to Hillary at various moments during her career -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I've done a lot of things during the course of my career. As a young lawyer, I fought for civil rights laws to be enforced in South Carolina. As a postgraduate, I became one of the two female faculty members at the University of Arkansas Law School and helped found Fayetteville, Arkansas' first rape crisis center. As First Lady of Arkansas, I secured federal money to expand health care access in the most rural communities. As First Lady of the United States, I pressued Congress to act on children's health insurance. As a Senator from New York, I've worked with Democrats and Republicans to put America first.

- Scene cuts to Hillary walking down a quiet street near her New York home-

HILLARY: I've done a lot in my life, but the proudest moments have come while standing up for the American people. I've done it in the courtroom, I've done it Arkansas, and I've done it in the Senate. Now, I want to do it from the White House. I'm running for President and I hope you'll come with me on this journey.

- Scene cuts to Hillary For America logo and legal information -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): I'm Hillary Clinton and I approve this message.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »

October 1 to October 31, 2011

October 1 to October 3: Senator Clinton continues her campaign swing through Nevada. She meets with public school employees in Reno, visits the Nevada State Railroad Museum in Carson City, and talks with local religious leaders in Sunrise Manor. The Senator uses this time in Nevada to discuss her immigration policy, laying out the core tennants of her platform: protections for children brought to the U.S. illegally by their parents, establishment of a clear path to citizenship, and the humane removal of aliens who pose of violent threat to the community.

October 4 to October 7: Senator Clinton takes a train from Nevada to California. The Senator takes meetings with families of people convicted of minor drug possessions in Fresno, speaks at the California Veterans Assistance Foundation in Bakersfield, and tours the Bird Medical Technologies facility in Palm Springs. A fundraiser in Los Angeles is also held, with former President Clinton.

October 8 to October 13: Senator Clinton flies from California to Washington, D.C. for Senate business. Senator Clinton did not take part in any campaign events, but campaign offices were opened and field staff were hired.

October 14 to October 21: Senator Clinton takes her campaign back to New York. A rally is held in Buffalo with Governor Andrew Cuomo to announce his endorsement of the Senator. The pair then meet with M&T Bank employees to discuss banking reform. She then holds a town hall meeting at the public library in Glens Falls before meeting with College Democrats at the University of Albany. At a press conference in Poughkeepsie, Senator Clinton calls on the Occupy Protesters in Zuccotti Park to "remain calm and civil, to cooperate with authorities, and to continue to develop a coherent and concise policy". She adds "I want to work with you on fixing our broken system, but I can't do that if you're in jail." The Senator and the Governor attend a fundraiser in Nassau Bay.

October 21 to October 25: Senator Clinton returns to New Hampshire for another phase of her Listening Tour. She begins with a town hall meeting in Rochester and then holds a series of meetings on environmental conservation in Berlin with Senator Jeanne Shaheen. Senator Clinton goes to the University of New Hampshire and does an interview with WUNH, the student radio station on campus. She uses this opportunity to talk about her plan to make higher education more affordable, including going after predatory loan companies, expanding loan forgiveness programs for public sector employees, and protecting students from "viscous" for-profit schools.

October 26: Senator Clinton drives to Boston. She holds an event at Faneuil Hall to receive Mayor Tom Manino's endorsement. At the event, she applauds Menino's work with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and stresses her commitment to ensuring "the only people with guns are the people who should have guns".

October 27 to October 30: The Clinton Campaign moves to South Carolina for the first time. With former President Clinton by her side, Senator Clinton meets with African American community leaders in Columbia, public school children in Mount Pleasant, and workers at Coastal Corrugated, Inc. in Myrtle Beach. On Sunday, October 29, the Clintons attend service at Mt. Zion AME Church in Greeleyville, which President Clinton dedicated in 1996.

October 31: Moving from South Carolina to Florida, Senator Clinton is joined by Senator Bill Nelson. The pair of Senators meet with voters at Big Pink diner in Miami and then hold a town hall meeting with senior citizens at Bay Oaks Historic Retirement Residence. At the town hall, Senator Clinton pledges to protect Social Security, reforming it to give benefits to people who leave the workforce to care for retired loved ones, and preserving the retirement age at 65.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 10:46:32 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
October 2011 Debate

Clinton: Our environment is the most important policy issue, in the grand scheme of things, because of the tremendous impact it has on our ability to survive as a species on this planet. I'll give President Obama some credit here, he's done a lot of good work on protecting the environment. We should continue that work that he's begun, holding polluters accountable and continuing our dialogue with other countries to develop a global solution to climate change. But where President Obama hasn't done such a good job is protecting the people who lose their jobs because of the transition to a greener society. We need to invest serious federal money into re-training coal workers into new roles in a new economy. I'm serious about this: we cannot go green and leave the hardworking men and women of coal country high and dry. I'm willing to committ $30 billion to the revitalization of coal communities, through job training, small business development, and infrastructure investment.

Clinton: I have a clear, three-point immigration plan. First: We need to protect children who, through no fault of their own, were brought to this country illegally by their parents. How can we punish a child who knows no other home than America and send them to the country they were born in? Second: We need to establish a clear pathway to citizenship, similar to the one that President Obama promised in 2008 but has failed to deliver on. What I'm proposing is a 13-year process, where people who came here illegally but is in good standing with the law and their community can pay a fine and some back-taxes and have the opportunity to become a citizen opened to them. President Obama made this one of his campaign promises but, like so many promises of his, failed to make it into policy. Third: We need to conduct humane removals of illegal immigrants who have committed violent crimes and pose a threat to their community. There are some people who come here and do harm and we just can't have that. I believe in making America a kind and open nation, but we can't be taken advantage of.

Clinton: I think it comes down to experience. I've spent the last 12 years in the United States Senate, crafting our national policy and steering the course of the nation. As First Lady, I spent 8 years representing our country on the world stage. As First Lady of Arkansas, I spent 12 years managing the relationship between the State government and the Federal government. I know how to make legislation, I know how to pass legislation, and I know how to balance the needs of a State with the needs of the Federal Government. We need a President who can hit the ground running on Day One, utilize the post-election political capital to kick start an administration, and make the most out of the First 100 Days. Governor Bredesen has never spent a day in Washington. I'm not going to write-off his experience in Tenneessee, making laws and passing legislation there, but there's a world a difference between the Teneessee State Legislature and the United States Congress.

Clinton: This election is about so much more than personalities. Sure, I would like it if you liked me. But that's not what our elections are about. The Presidency of the United States is far more importance than the popularity contests that decide Prom King. We need a President with strong, well-thought out policies and a plan to impliment them. We need a President who understands the demands of the office. We need a President who can start working on Day One. We don't need a President who you want to have a beer with, we need a President you trust to respond when the phone rings at 3:00 AM.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 04:54:29 PM »

Bredesen's reply to Senator Hillary Clinton the debate

Excuse me, Senator, if I can speak? I have to say that I'm not a Senator and I agree, I don't have the experience of Washington behind me. That's a fact. But, I've been a governor since 2002 in Tennessee and there I saw the issues of Tennessee first hand. I was mayor of Nashville and there I helped the city become greater than you think.I was the head of a small businesses that now has over 6000 employees and growing and I started it on my Kitchen table. Senator Clinton, I haven't been in Government for a year so I might be a tad rusty but in 2010 I traveled TN and Appalachia and saw the policies that the government in Washington was doing to them and I am sure you don't know how real Americans in the South are doing after the 90s. Senator, you claim to be fighting for the American citizen but have you ever taken time off to look at the states and travel them to talk to the people there? I have and I met a 30 year old man who worked in the coal mine in West Virginia. I won't name him but he said he was afraid that since I was a Democrat I would want to get rid of his job. I asked him how his family was doing, his answer of them just getting along and that the job in the coal mine is the only way he can pay the bills broke my heart. I promised to him that I would try my hardest to make sure he keeps his job and won't use it. That is Appalachia, Senator Clinton. That is the America you claim to know but you really don't. And, forgive me for bringing up harsh memories, but I must remind you that the American people rejected you in 2008. What makes you think they would want you 4 years later?

Thank you for letting me respond.

Clinton: Governor, this is a charge I've faced my entire career: that I'm a big city liberal who claims to be a champion of rural, working class voters. And every time I respond the same way. Most of my life, I lived in Arkansas, a rural, Southern state. Actually, Governor, Arkansas is more rural than Tennessee is. I've traveled to every corner of the Natural State, during my 12 years as First Lady of Arkansas and since, and I've seen first hand the struggles of rural communities. That's why I pressured the Federal Government and secured federal funds to expand access to medical facilities in the most rural communities of the state. Even more than that, Governor, there's more to New York than the City. 60% of the state's population live outside of New York City. That's nearly 10 million people. I've represented every citizen of the State of New York - from cities like New York and Buffalo and rural communities in the Adirondacks - equally over the last twelve years. As you and the American people at home just heard, I have a comprehensive plan to respond to the transition to a greener economy without leaving coal workers in the cold.

You brought up 2008. Well, let's talk about it then, Governor. The American people did not "reject" me, as you claim they did. Thousands of voters in Florida and Michigan were told their votes didn't count. Michigan received no representation at the DNC in Colorado, Florida received half of the votes it should have. If you include the votes from the hardworking men and women in Michigan who came out to vote despite them being told by the DNC their votes didn't matter, I won the popular vote nationwide. If Michigan and Florida had been treated fairly, maybe 2008 would have happened differently. But I don't have a time-machine, so there's no speculating about what could have been. There was no overwhelming rejection by the American people of my campaign in 2008 that you claim there was; there was a rejection of my campaign by the Democratic Party establishment, through superdelegates and the unfair treatment of Florida and Michigan, two states critical to any Democratic General Election victory.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #2
A Plan For Working Families, Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, New York, Maine, Arizona, and Michigan

- Scene shifts to various clips of families getting ready for work in the morning, driving to school, parents at work and kids at school, coming home at the end of the day, sitting and watching TV at night, and parents putting the kids to bed -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): All across this country, families are struggling because they don't have the resources they need or the opportunities they deserve. The economy has not recovered from the Great Recession and many families are still suffering. That's why we need a comprehensive plan to address the needs of working families. My platform calls for the largest middle class tax cut in history, to give people more freedom with their money. My administration will aggressively pursue companies that export jobs and keep their money in off-shore accounts, to keep our businesses fair. My plan recognizes that education is the key to opportunity, which is why we will work to create better public schools for our children and increase federal aid for adults returning to school. Together, we can build a country that works for working families.

Hillary Clinton Ad #3
Ready for the Job, Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, Arizona, and Michigan

- Scene opens with generic clips of global conflict, including riots, armed men in jeeps, and similar scenes -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Riots, rebellion, and tension rock the global landscape. Every day, there is a new crisis for the President to respond to. The White House operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and the President needs to be able to handle anything that may come up.

- Scene cuts to Hillary Clinton in Armed Forces Committee meetings, Hillary Clinton with world leaders as First Lady and Senator, and Hillary Clinton meeting with military and police leaders -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): No one is as qualified to step up to these challenges as Senator Hillary Clinton. As First Lady, she stood on the world stage and declared "women's rights are human rights". She aggressively pursued human rights legislation and fought for the rights of women and girls across the globe. As Senator, she's spent twelve years on the Armed Forces Committee, standing up for out active duty soldiers and our veterans.

- Scene cuts to Hillary Clinton on the campaign trail in New Hampshire, speaking at a VFW -

HILLARY: We need to remember that we are the most powerful country on the face of the earth. We have control of the largest nuclear force ever seen. The rest of the world looks to us in times of crisis. A President needs to be calm and stable, and be able to respond to the crises that come across the President's desk on a daily basis with a cool mind and steady hand.

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton is ready for the job of being President on Day One.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 02:07:29 PM »

November 1 to Novmber 30, 2011

November 1 to November 4: Senator Clinton continues her campaign visit to Florida. With Senator Bill Nelson, she holds a rally at Lockhart Stadium in Fort Lauderdale to discuss her plan for economic recovery, pleding to "actually deliver the economic recovery that" President Obama promised. She highlights the aggressiveness in her plan to combat "predatory companies" and protect "the American worker". While still in Florida, she meets with retirees in Orlando and recent immigrants in Miami. Senator Nelson joins her as often as his schedule allows.

November 5 to November 7: Senator Clinton takes a train from Florida to Georgia. She holds a breakfast meet-and-greet in Macon with local Democratic Party volunteers. Then the Senator drives to Atlanta for a sit-down interview at CNN headquarters with Wolf Blitzer before giving a major speech on foreign policy at the historic Fox Theater.

Clinton labels her foreign policy as "strong, active, and involved." She calls for the strengthening of America's international alliances, the rebuilding of "confidence in American exceptionalism", and pursuing "a global solution to the global problem" of terrorism. Turning to recent issues, she condemned the attack on the British Embassy in Iran and called on Iran to "ends it nuclear program once and for all", leaving the conversation open as to what the punishment for Iran might be.

November 8 to November 10: Senator Clinton flies from Georgia to Virginia. In Virginia, she holds a press conference with Virginia Senator Mark Warner to accept Senator Warner's endorsement. At the event she calls Senator Warner "one of the best and brightest minds" in the Senate on financial services and applauded his work after the financial crisis. The Senators tour the Salvation Army headquarters in Alexandria, and Senator Clinton visits with employees of Inova Health System.

November 11 to November 14: Senator Clinton drives from Virginia to Washington, D.C. to participate in some Senate business. She holds a press conference with California Senator Diane Feinstein to accept Senator Feinstein's endorsment. Senator Clinton praises Senator Feinstein's "massive advancement of women's" and LGBT rights during her career.

November 15 to November 17: The top Clinton Campaign staffers and surrogates meet with Senator Clinton at her Chappaqua home to discuss campaign messaging and strategy. Senator Clinton, President Clinton, Senator Feinstein, Senator Nelson, Senator Shaheen, Senator Warner, Governor Cuomo, and Mayor Menino hold a massive Democratic Party fundraiser in New York City.

November 18 to November 22: The Clinton Campaign returns to New Hampshire. Senator Clinton and Senator Shaheen swing through the state, holding six town hall meetings in five days, speaking to voters in Manchester, Laconia, Nashua, Concord, Salem, and Portsmouth. Senator Clinton also goes on the New Hampshire Diner Tour, visiting iconic locations like the Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, Mary Ann's Diner in Derry, and the Tilt'n Diner in Tilton. The emphasis of this series of campaign stop is to fight the image of Senator Clinton as an elitist.

November 23 to November 28: The Clinton Campaign takes a Thanksgiving break. Senator and President Clinton spend the holiday at their Chappaqua home with Chelsea and Marc.

November 29 and November 30: Senator Clinton returns to the campaign trail with her first visit to Iowa. She meets with high school students in Des Moines to discuss the rising cost of higher education and then holds a rally in Newton. Senator Clinton also goes door-knocking with campaign volunteers in Mason City.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:24 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
November 2011 Debate

Clinton: I believe that every child is entitled to a good education, regardless of their skin color or economic status. We need to start our public education at a younger age. Studies have found that students who attend a prekindergarten program are better developed socially, have an easier time grasping new concepts, and generally perform better on later standardized tests. We need to increase funding to Head Start, to make sure that some children aren't going into kindergarten inherently disadvantaged. Once we get kids into K-12 schools, we need to make sure they have good teachers. We need to increase subsidies to grad school students becoming teachers and we need to continue the policy of forgiving student loan debt to teachers who work in our hardest school districts. It's also important that we make sure every child has access to computer science education, because that's where the future of our economy is. It's going to be expensive, but this is the commitment we have to make as a society to our future.

With regards to higher education, I've spoken on this before many times. We need to increase loan forgiveness programs for public sector employees, like police officers and firefighters, to incentivize students to go into these critical fields. We need to go after predatory loan companies that take advantage of students and trap them in cycles of debt. For-profit schools are also at fault for the higher education crisis in this country, because men like Donald Trump and his "Trump University" are interested in increasing their bottomlines, rather than increasing the level of knowledge of the students. For-profit universities exist to make money, not to education students, and they often lure prospective students in with exhaustive aid packages that are mostly made of loans with astronomical interest rates. Tackling for-profit schools and increasing access to non-profit and state-run colleges and universities will put so many more young adults on better, safer, and more strudy paths into adulthood.

Clinton: I'm going to unite the Democratic Party through my campaign. I've presented, and will continue to present, the strongest vision of the United States. My plan will increase jobs, raise wages, promote a safe military, and increase confidence in our country. I'm not going to pander to the Democratic Party in order to secure their support; I'm going to present a hopeful and constructive plan for America and the Democratic Party can get in line, or they can vote for the Republican nominee. My campaign is about winning over the majority of Americans with the best proposal for our country, not about winning over the majority of Democrats with the most concessionary propsal, and I'm not going to change my message and beliefs to suit them.

Clinton: First off, my family and I haven't really lived in one state for a long time. I was raised in Illinois, Bill and I moved to Arkansas and then to Washington, and we've been in New York since 1999. New York is a cosmopolitan, international state. It's built by people of all different backgrounds. I chose to run for the Senate in New York in 2000 because of that reason, because its a state of bold ideas and even bolder people. By 2000, we hadn't really lived in Arkansas for eight years, nine years if you count the year on the campaign trail. If D.C. had a Senator, maybe I would have run there. But D.C. lacks a voice in the Senate, or any voting representation in Congress despite having to pay federal taxes, and I turned to New York. New Yorkers accepted me with open arms in 2000, they did it again in 2006, and they'd do it again in 2012 if I were running again. This isn't a political issue anymore, it's been settled by the people of New York several times. What is an issue, and what no one's talking about, is dealing with the issue of representation for the people of the District of Columbia.

Clinton: In his closing statement, Governor Breseden said something that I found interesting. He said in 1990s, we had a centrist President and America thrived under that President. What Governor Breseden left out there, I think you'll all remember, is that that centrist President is the guy I'm married to! Maybe Governor Breseden forgot, or he just didn't want to give my family any credit. Folks, I wasn't hiding in the East Wing while my husband was in office. I had an office in the West Wing, I played a key role in vetting nominees, and I crafted and advocate for several policy positions, including healthcare. When he was running in 1992, my husband's campaign promised "two for the price of one." Well, think back to the 1990s. Think about the prosperity we had. Think about the security we had. If you liked the 1990s while my husband was in office, you're going to love the 2010s if I'm in office.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 04:39:04 PM »

Hillary Clinton Interview
November 2011

Blitzer: Welcome to The Situation Room, I'm Wolf Blitzer. Joining me in an exclusive interview is Senator Hillary Clinton, who has been leading an aggressive campaign against President Obama for the Democratic nomination and has just taken the lead in the critical states of New Hampshire and Florida. Senator, welcome.

Clinton: Thank you, Wolf.

Blitzer: Senator, Governor Breseden just launched an attack ad against you. Let's watch it now.

- Ad airs -

Clinton: Oh boy, here we go again.

Blitzer: Any response?

Clinton: Vince Foster was a friend of mine, and a friend of my husband. He was a good worker in the White House and a very nice guy. We were so, so distraut when we learned about his death. There were three investigations into Vince's death: one by Robert Fiske, one by the Senate Banking Committee, and one by Ken Starr, no friend of my husband or our administration. All three investigations found that there was no basis for a homicide charge and confirmed what we all knew: Vince had been battling suicide and took his life. To stir up this mud from 1993 is disturbing and deeply upsetting.

Blitzer: What do you think this ad, which Governor Breseden himself put his name on, says about Governor Breseden and his campagin?

Clinton: I'll leave that commentary up to the American people, but this is certainly not the kind of discourse that a potential President of the United States should be engaging.

Blitzer: I'll have more of my exclusive interview with Senator Hillary Clinton coming up after this.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:43 PM »

Hillary Clinton Interview
November 2011

Blitzer: I'm back with Senator Hillary Clinton. Senator, let's turn to policy for a moment but then I have more from Governor Breseden, who's just finished speaking on another network, that I want to get your take. Senator, in the most recent Democratic Presidential debate, you brought up the issue of D.C. Statehood, saying you would run for the Senate in 2000 in Washington if it had representation. Is D.C. Statehood a fight worth having?

Clinton: Is ensuring that 693,000 American citizens have representation in their government a fight worth having? Yes, I think it is. We fought a revolution in this country, at least in part, based on the idea of no taxation without representation. Well, for more than half-a-million people living in D.C., they're paying taxes without representation, without a voting representative in either House of Congress.

Blitzer: Why now? What makes 2012 - 2011, excuse me - the year to take up this issue?

Clinton: It's not a new position, or a new fight. My husband and I endorsed the movement in 1993, during our first year in office. This has been issue that I'd like to talk about, and I've been trying to talk about for years, but it's hard to talk about an issue if reporters don't ask about it.

Blitzer: Let's return to Governor Breseden. He's just wrapped up speaking to MSNBC's Rachel Maddow. In his interview, he brings up remarks you made in 1996 regarding "superpredators", alleging you used the term to describe African American youth. Let's watch the tape.

- Tape plays -

Blitzer: Can you explain that remark?

Clinton: Well Wolf, this isn't really news. I've addressed this event many times during my career. To clarify, I never - never - say that African American youth are superpredators. What I said, if you actually listen to the tape, is that the United States needed to take a hard-line approach to street gangs, drug cartels, and violent crime, the kinds of people that may be called superpredators. I was not calling African American youth superpredators, I was using a term that other people had used to described violent criminals, people with a lack of emotional understanding and sympathy. I then also went on to say that we needed to try to heal these criminals, to bring them back in touch with their humanity. While I didn't use the term as Governor Breseden seems to suggest, I can understand why someone may be upset about the term and I do apologize for that.

Blitzer: Governor Breseden also brings up your time on the Watergate investigation and your relationships with various White House staffers during your husband's administration. Senator, do you want to comment on those allegtions before our time is up?

Clinton: I can't spend my time responding to every conspiracy theory that's put out there. I'm running for President on a platform built around bold ideas and strong action, I wish we could have had more time to talk about that platform.

Blitzer: Senator, thank you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2018, 06:12:10 PM by DKrol »

Hillary Clinton Press Release
November 2011

- Campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri -

In 1993, Deputy White House Counsel Vince Foster killed himself in Virginia. It was a tragic time for all who knew Vince, including then-President Bill Clinton and the First Lady, Hillary Clinton. Vince had been under significant stress in the White House Counsel's Office and, as many people had noticed, was battling with depression. Over the years, six investigations into Vince's death were held, with the biggest three being by White House Special Counsel Robert Fiske, the Senate Banking Committee, and White House independent Counsel Kenneth Starr. All six investigations came to the same conclusion: Vince ended his own life. None of these investigations, no matter how conclusive, have failed to dissuade conspiracy theorists, first in right-wing tabloid magazines, then online chat rooms, and now, it seems, Governor Phil Bredesen. To continue to dig up the tragic suicide of Vince Foster is disappointing and disheartening. To continue to attempt to blame Senator Clinton or former President Clinton for Vince Foster's death is sickening. Senator Clinton calls on Governor Bredesen to retract his remarks and issue an apology to both herself and her husband, as well as the family of Vince Foster.

Governor Bredesen's controversial remarks, however, do not end with his allegations about the death of Vince Foster. In an interview with Rachel Maddow of MSNBC, Governor Bredesen brought up what he claims to be a shocking, secret video of then-First Lady Clinton calling "African American youth superpredators". This video, despite Governor Bredesen's claim, is not a secret that has been hidden in a vault for many years. It was on CSPAN in 1996, and Senator Clinton has responded to it many times. If you actually listen to then-First Lady Clinton's remarks, what she said was:

"But we also have to have an organized effort against gangs. Just as in a previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels, they are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators — no conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first, we have to bring them to heel."

In no way, did then-First Lady Clinton call African American youth "superpredators" as Governor Bredesen claims. She was laying out an anti-crime platform for the second term of her husband and used the term "superpredator" in reference to violent criminals who lack conscience and empathy. It is Governor Bredesen who applies this term to African American youth, not Senator Clinton. Senator Clinton does, however, recognize the term may cause displeasure and upset people. For that, she apologizes and calls on Governor Bredesen to do the same.

Governor Bredesen continued to present controversial conspiracy theories about Senator Clinton in his interview with Rachel Maddow. Among these other conspiracy theories that Governor Bredesen pushed is that idea that Senator Clinton, as a young assistant counsel in the Watergate investigation, obstructed justice to keep President Nixon in office in order to advance the goals of the Democratic Party. It was Senator Clinton that did much of the research for the investigation into the history of impeachments and the historical basis for pursuing such actions against President Nixon. There is nothing further from the truth than what Governor Bredesen is claiming. Senator Clinton calls on Governor Bredesen to retract his claim and issue an apology to Senator Clinton.

Governor Bredesen, on top of making ugly remarks about the suicide of a friend of President and Senator Clinton, on top of making allegations that Senator Clinton is racist, on top of claiming that Senator Clinton obstructed justice in the Watergate investigation, attacked Senator Clinton for her relationship with White House staff during her husband's presidency. This attack is baseless. Many people who worked with then-First Lady Clinton in the White House have followed her through her career afterwards, working with her in the Senate, on her 2008 campaign for President, and on her current campaign for President. Senator Clinton has always had a strong relationship with the people working around her and continues to have such relationships. Senator Clinton calls on Governor Bredesen to apologize for making such a baseless claim.

This is the final comment from the Clinton Campaign on these claims from Governor Bredesen. Senator Clinton is focused on running a campaign to secure equal pay for female employees, increasing the number of well-paying jobs and turning the economy around, and promoting a more secure nation. Governor Bredesen appears to be running a campaign based on peddling conspiracy theories from the deepest corners of the internet. These are the kinds of comments Senator Clinton would expect from Breitbart and Steve Bannon, not from a candidate for the President of the United States and a former Governor. Senator Clinton believes the American people are smart enough to recognize this themsevles.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 10:15:55 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #2: A Plan For Working Families will air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, Michigan, New York, and Ohio.

Hillary Clinton Ad #3: Ready for the Job will air in Iowa, New Hampshire, Florida, Michigan, New York, and Arizona.

Hillary Clinton Ad #4
Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow, Airing Nationwide

- Scene begins with various clips of Hillary Clinton as First Lady -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton was more than just a First Lady. She was considered by many to be a co-President with her husband. During their eight years in office, Hillary championed human rights, the environment, and children's healthcare. Despite being in a normally ceremonial office, Hillary was fighting for the American people.

- Scene shifts to various clips of Hillary Clinton as a Senator -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton has been more than just your average Senator. She's been a leading voice in the Senate on a variety of issue. More than 70 bills and resolutions she co-sponsored were signed into law, many of them occurring under a Republican President. As a Senator, she's fought for the rebuilding of New York City after September 11th, increasing broadband internet access for rural communities, and protecting healthcare for our veterans. While serving as a Senator for the State of New York, Hillary has been fighting for the American people.

- Scene shifts to various clips of Hillary Clinton campaigning for President -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Hillary Clinton isn't a candidate of empty rhetoric. She has a real plan to bring back American jobs and increase consumer confidence. She has a real plan to protect Appalachian jobs while moving to a green economy. She has a real plan to make sure everyone can see a doctor when they're sick. Before a single vote has even been cast, Hillary is ready to continue her fight for the American people.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 06:47:15 PM »

Hillary Clinton Press Release
November 2011

- Campaign Communications Director Jennifer Palmieri -

It takes a big person to recognize that they are not the best person for a job and to stand aside. Senator Clinton, former President Clinton, and the entire Clinton Campaign commend President Obama for withdrawing from the Democratic nomination for President out of the best interest of the country and the Democratic Party. Senator Clinton especially commended President Obama for recognizing that "there are still great challenges facing the American people" and that running for President would "unfairly distract from addressing those challenges". Former President Clinton, being one of the few people who can actually say they understand what President Obama is going through, echoed his wife's remarks.

In his address to the nation, President Obama also cited the state of the Democratic Party as part of his reason for stepping out of the race. Chief among the problems for the Democratic Party is that fact that a candidate for President of the United States spewed vile, right-wing conspiracy theories as campaign rhetoric. When challenged on his conspiracy theories, the candidate alleged that his campaign had been infultrated and corrupted by agents of the far-right website Breitbart News. While the credibility of Mr. Bredesen's claims is well in question, the very fact that a candidate for the most powerful office in the world would say such things in any capacity - be it as the result of a mass conspiracy or as his own thoughts - is an insult to democracy. While Mr. Bredesen has apologized and redacted his remarks, Senator Clinton feels that such remarks have no place in American public discourse. Because of this, Senator Clinton calls on the Democratic National Committee to bar Mr. Bredesen from participating in the next debate of Democratic candidates.

Mr. Bredesen has invited himself to join the Clinton Family for Christmas. Unfortunately, the Clinton Family has had long-standing plans for the Christmas holiday and have to decline the offer.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 07:04:21 PM »

Bredesen Reply to Senator Clinton before debate ends

Hold on for a brief moment before we end this here debate. Senator, you are sounding like you would be the next Jack Kennedy. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy. There were just as much scandals as there was prosperity during Bill's time in office and at the end, Not when Bush was elected but in the last few years your husband was in office, the prosperity stunted and then began a steady downturn into the recession that we all know and hate today. Now that I think about it, I consider myself more a Kennedite Democrat than a Clintonite Democrat now. Mrs. Clinton, were you responsible for the years that the properity of our country was stunted? As you said, it was two for the price of one in the 90s. well, by god, if the end of the 2010s with you as President happens with a major economic recession, then by god, I'm out!

Clinton: Governor, this is a lie and you know it. The current economic recession has been caused by the reckless de-regulation of the last Republican Administration. President Clinton left office in 2001 with a budget surplus, a strong and safe nation, and a strong economy. Unemployment was just over 4%, one of its lowest points going back to the 1990s. Our country was on the cusp of an economic boom, centered around the new technologies of the Internet. My husband had his own personal shortcomings, we all know about those, but he was a hell of a President and it's disingenuous to suggest anything else.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »

December 1 to December 25, 2011

December 1 and December 2: Senator Clinton continues her campaign visit in Iowa. She is joined on the campaign trail by Former President Clinton and Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow. The trio travel to various farms and ranches in Benton and Tama Counties to discuss Senator Clinton's plan to support rural and agricultural communities. Senator Clinton and Senator Stabenow also hold a town hall meeting at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa after a day of meeting with students and coordinating youth turnout for the Iowa Caucus.

December 3: Senator Clinton takes a train to Chicago from Iowa. During the brief stop in Chicago, Senator Clinton holds a lunch meeting with leading African American community leaders to discuss a solution to Chicago's homicide crisis. Coming out of the meeting, Senator Clinton declares "the way to end this crisis ... is to get illegal guns off the streets and keep guns out of the hands of unstable and dangerous people." From Chicago, Senator Clinton flies to Colorado.

December 4 to December 7: In Colorado, Senator Clinton holds a press conference in Denver with Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper to accept Governor Hickenlooper's endorsement. Following the press conference, Senator Clinton and Governor Hickenlooper visit the U.S. Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. At the Academy, Senator Clinton applauds the cadets for "their dedication to their country" and their "willingness to give the highest measure of devotion." Senator Clinton also tours the Qwest Communications Company office in Denver, meets with students brought to the U.S. illegally in Boulder, and holds a rally at the Two Rivers Convention Center in Grand Junction. She also does some Christmas shopping at Innisfree Poetry Bookstore in Boulder.

December 8 to December 15: Senator Clinton flies from Colorado to Nevada for another campaign swing through the Silver State. While in Nevada, Senator Clinton holds several town hall meetings across the state: in Henderson, Carson City, Elko, and Fallon. She also visits a shooting range in Elko. While at the shooting range, she stresses that her gun control policy is designed to keep "especially dangerous" guns out of the hands of "dangerous people", not to stop normal people from being able to go out shooting with their friends or hunt. Senator Clinton does not actually fire any weapons at the visit. Before leaving Nevada, Senator Clinton meets with students at Great Bason College in Elko and gives a speech there on her plan to revitalize the American economy.

December 16 to December 20: The Clinton Campaign moves from Nevada to Arizona. Early on the schedule is a visit to the U.S.-Mexico border with border control agents to "get hands-on experience with the complex issue" of illegal border crossings. She meets with leaders of the Navajo Nation to discuss the relationship between the Navajo and the Federal government, as well as visiting Dine College. Senator Clinton also gives a speech in Mesa on healthcare reform, where she applauds the "starting point" of ObamaCare but stresses "the importance of creating a more fair system that works for everyone". Her plan includes the expansion of CHIP, bringing down out-of-pocket costs, and pressuring each state to expand Medicaid access.

December 21: Senator Clinton flies from Arizona to Arkansas. Senator Clinton holds a rally at the University of Arkansas to rally centrist and conservative Democrats to her cause. She uses the rally to take a hit at Governor Bredesen, calling him "a conspiracy theorist right out of Breitbart HQ", and tying him to Vice President Biden, saying "anyone who would accept [Governor Bredesen's] endorsement is not the kind of person we need in the Oval Office."

December 22 and December 23: After the Arkansas rally, Senator Clinton flies from Arkansas to South Carolina. She and Former President Clinton tour Pelham Road Elementary School in Greenville and meet with students. Senator Clinton speaks after the tour to discuss the need for increasing funding to school districts "so that every child has a fair chance to succeed." She also meets with local Democratic Party officials and then goes door-knocking in Charleston with Democratic Party voluneers.

December 24 and December 25: Senator Clinton, former President Clinton, Chelsea, and Marc spend Christmas Eve volunteering at a soup kitchen near their Chappaqua home. They spend Christmas Day together in Chappaqua.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 04:13:19 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with clips of children looking at TV screens, as audio of various quotes from Joe Biden run in the background -

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking.

- Scene shifts to Biden speaking in Missouri in 2010 -

BIDEN: Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya.

- Scene shifts back to children looking a TV screens as audio of various quotes from Joe Biden run in the back ground -

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): This is a big f**king deal!

BIDEN (VOICE OVER): An hour late, oh give me a f**king break.

- Scene shifts to Biden campaigning in 1987, next to Neil Kinnock campaigning in 1987, playing with a few seconds difference between Kinnock and Biden -

KINNOCK: Why am I the first Kinnock in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Why is Glenys the first woman in her family in a thousand generations to be able to get to university? Was it because all our predecessors were thick?

BIDEN: ... Why is it that Joe Biden is the first in his family ever to go to a university? Why is it that my wife who is sitting out there in the audience is the first in her family to ever go to college? Is it because our fathers and mothers were not bright? Is it because I'm the first Biden in a thousand generations to get a college and a graduate degree that I was smarter than the rest?

- Scene shifts to children, looking away from the TV and up at their parents, who look very concerned -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Is Joe Biden the example we want to set for our children?

Hillary Clinton Ad #6
Why Are You Running?, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with generic clips of Joe Biden campaigning -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Why is Vice President Biden running for President? Is Joe Biden running to correct the problems of the Obama Administration? Is Joe Biden running to bring back jobs for the American people?

- Scene cuts to a shot of Biden's announcement press release, with the following line highlighted -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): "I give my word as a Biden, that we will prevail, and that even if we do not, neither will Senator Clinton."

- Scene cuts to black and white pictures of Joe Biden looks dejected -

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Maybe Joe Biden is running because he thinks Senator Hillary Clinton is unqualified, or that he could do a better job than her?

- Scene cuts to video of Joe Biden speaking in 2008 -

BIDEN: "Make no mistake about this. Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be Vice President of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."

NARRATOR (VOICE OVER): Why is Joe Biden running for President? To stop Hillary Clinton, who even he recognizes is more qualified than he is.

- Scene shifts to cheery clips of Hillary Clinton campaigning -

CLINTON (VOICE OVER): I'm running for President because there are too many young girls who don't believe they can be President because they are girls. I'm running for President because there are too many people struggling to just get by. I'm running for President because our country deserves our best. I'm Hillary Clinton, and I'm running for President because I have a bold vision for our country and a record of getting things done.

Hillary Clinton Ad #7
Why I Like Hillary, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens with a middle-aged woman sitting on a couch with a cup of coffee, looking at the camera -

WOMAN: This is my favorite part of the day: the kids are off to school, my husband is at work, and I've got my "me time" before my shift starts. It's a great time to just think about the day. On the news every night, they talk about the Presidential election. Romney, Christie, Feingold - I guess Biden is running now, too.

But you know what? I really like Hillary. I don't know, there's something about her. She seems honest and open, and I know she's a role model for my little girl. She's got all that experience from being First Lady and Senator, and I know who she is. She's a strong woman and I like that, but there's something more: she's a qualified woman.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 11:16:36 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
December 2011 Debate

Clinton: North Korea is a global issue that requires a global response. We must build an international coalition to press strong sanctions on the North Korean regime, to isolate the Kim family's regime from their vast personal wealth and force Kim Jong-Un to listen to the cries of his people. The United States cannot impose strong-enough sanctions on our own, we need Russia and China to stand with us and actually work to meaningfully implement those sanctions. If economic sanctions, implemented honestly by a strong global coalition, fail to reign in the destructive desires of the Kim regime, then we need to make sure our allies in the region are safe and our interests protect. This could range from U.S. support for expanded missile shield programs in Japan and South Korea, to an increased American military presence in the region. But I hope that this can all be avoided and that Kim Jong-Un is a more reasonable man than his father and grandfather, a man that we can sit down and talk with.

Clinton: I've been an advocate of trade liberalization since my earliest days in public life. We need to be an active member of the global economic community. I think this is an unequivocal position, every economist worth their salt will tell you that free trade is good for consumers. It brings low-cost products into the market, increases competition on products, and allows each country to find what they excel at and do it well. As President, I would work with our friends in Asia and in Europe to develop new and strong trade agreements that benefit Americans, as consumers and employees. Is every free trade agreement we're currently in perfect? No. And as President I will work to fix some of the flaws in our free trade system to make it more free, more fair, and more honest.

Clinton: You know, at these debates a lot of the questions directed to me are about politics rather than policy. I find that very disappointing, because I think the American people are smart enough to make their choice for President of the United States off of a candidate's policies and history, rather than a rehearsed answer on a debate stage. I think that supporters of President Obama - like all voters - will take a look at my record, take a look at my campaign and my platform, and realize that I am the most qualified candidate for the job, and I have the best plan for our country. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm not going to pander my campaign to any specific sub-set of the electorate in order to pick up a few votes. I'm going to run a campaign based on the best ideas and the most qualified people.

Clinton: I'm running a campaign for President for all Americans. My campaign is based on a platform of strong ideas and bold change for our country. I think the American people have gotten to see this over these last four debates. I think the American people have seen that I have a plan to create jobs. I think the American people have seen that I have a strong foreign policy that will keep America safe. I think the American people have seen that I am ready to restor pride and confidence in the United States of America.

Clinton: Mr. Vice President, I'm going to respond to a couple of things you've said tonight. Let's begin with your claim to be one of our Pary's leading foreign policy experts. I won't contend that you don't have a wealth of experience on foreign policy issues through your decades of service on the Senate Foreign Relations committee. Your statements in this debate, however, call that expertise into question. You said that you would support a deal to protect Kim Jong-Un's regime in exchange for the halting of the North Korean nuclear program. Really, Mr. Vice President? You would support a regime, against the will of the North Korean people, that has a brutal track record of starvation, famine, corruption, and oppression? Mr. Vice President, I'm open to discussions with Kim Jong-Un, but to promise his regime four-to-eight years of U.S.-backed stability is ridiculous and irresponsible. You also said you'd be willing to commit to an invasion of North Korea. That kind of warmongering is not the discourse of a foreign policy expert.

I also want to talk about your "malapropisms", as the debate moderator has kindly called them. You've said they're part of who you are, which I'll accept as legitimate, but do you have any remorse for the impact your words have? Do you regret saying some of the things you've said over the years? Do you feel bad about blatantly plagiarizing during your 1988 campaign for the Presidency? How can we be sure you won't have one of your "malapropisms" while on the phone with Vladimir Putin, or Hu Jintao, or even Kim Jong-Un, if relations are established? I also think your choice of language, Mr. Vice President, to far too crass and unprofessional for a President of the United States. Making light of the serious medical procedure that is a lobotomy? Using Governor Christie's physical appearance as a political attack? That's just shameful, petty, and wrong.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »

Biden response to Clinton

The fact is Senator, that what we're doing in North Korea isn't working, and that a new approach is needed. I think that backing in exchange for them giving up the nuclear weapons they already have is a fair deal, especially if it means we don't have to invade them.

On the subject of my malapropisms, of course I have had remorse about some of them after the fact. The Neil Kinnock fiasco left me haunted for years. But what about some of the stuff you've done, like your kissing Suha Arafat after she accused Israel of using poison gas on Palestinians, or your your roles in Pardongate?

Clinton: Mr. Vice President, the United States cannot prop up brutal, oppressive dictatorships. Never. The United States has down that in the past and it is not a trend we should continue. What you're suggesting, Mr. Vice President, is that we spend our resources to protect a regime that has captured American pilots and sailors, put Americans into labor camps, and still may hold hundreds of Americans and South Koreans as POWs from the Korean War. Mr. Vice President, to support that regime would be to spit in the face of the very ideals America stands for - freedom of the press, freedom of association, freedom of movement, freedom of expression, free and fair elections - to say nothing of the sacrifices made by thousands of Americans during the Korean War.

I had hoped that Governor Bredeseen withdrawing would have ended the conspiracy theories at these debates but it seems the Vice President has taken up that cause along with Governor Bredesen's endorsement. Let's talk about the incident with Suha Arafat in 1999. In the Middle East, a subtle, gentle kiss is the equivalent of a handshake in the United States. I was an official representative of the United States of America as First Lady and I gave Suha the respect that an official representative of this country gives a foreign dignitary. There was no secret meaning of the kiss, there was no endorsement of her message. I would also like to point out, as I have many times before, that the translation I was hearing through my ear piece was far less offensive that what was reported once I was back in the country. The kiss was a sign of polite respect, not an indication that I was supportive of her remarks.

With respect to Pardongate, as the far-right calls it, this is really a conspiracy theory right out of the woodwork. My husband issued 450 pardons during his term in office. That was a lot compared to his immediate predecessor, but very normal when looking at the general trend of the use of presidential pardons. Ronald Reagan gave more than 350, and Jimmy Carter gave more than 500 in his single term. A few of the pardons drew special controversy, but the only investigation into a pardon found no wrongdoing on the part of my husband or his administration. Pardongate is just another sad attempt by a candidate for President to take me down by peddling Breitbart-esque conspiracy theories.

You know, you see this every time someone runs against me. They bring up something so minor, so inconsequential that happened 10, 20, 30 years ago, that I've been cleared of any wrongdoing in, and they sharpen their knives on it despite it having no basis. Let's have a debate on policy - on healthcare, on economy policy, on education - not a fight over these minor hiccups from decades ago that do nothing but stir the pot and get the right-wing Internet trolls fired up.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

December 26, 2011 to January 3, 2012

December 26: Senator Clinton remains near her Chappaqua, New York the day after Christmas, sitting down for various national media interviews.

December 27: Senator Clinton flies to Manchester, New Hampshire. In Manchester, she meets with AARP members at a morning breakfast. She tours Memorial High School in the afternoon before a large rally at the Verizon Wireless Arena in the evening. Senator Clinton is joined at the rally by Senator Jeanne Shaheen, Governor Andrew Cuomo, and Mayor Tom Manino. At the rally, Senator Clinton declares "We have a movement building here folks. It began in New Hampshire, it spread to Florida, and Nevada, and all over the country. Now we're going to Iowa. But I'll be back!" After the rally, Senator Clinton flies to Iowa.

December 28: Landing in Cedar Rapids, Senator Clinton holds a press conference on the tarmac with Senator Tom Harkin to accept Senator Harkin's endorsement. In his remarks, Senator Harkin says that there is a "Clinton wave" building in Iowa that's going to "put her over the top" in the Caucus. Senator Clinton points out that it was Iowa that ended Joe Biden's 2008 campaign.

Senator Clinton and Senator Harkin tour Mount Mercy College in Cedar Rapids and then hold a town hall meeting with college students at the College's Hennessey Recreation Center. The pair of Senators then drive to Iowa City and hold a rally at the famous Hancher Auditorium.

December 29: Senator Clinton begins her day in Iowa City. She and Senator Harkin are joined by Congressman Dave Loebsack, who also gives Senator Clinton his endorsement. The trio visit Hamburg Inn No. 2 and have lunch there before traveling to Davenport, where they visit the Putnam Museum. Senator Clinton then gives a special interview with NBC News.

December 30: Senator Clinton drives overnight to Council Bluffs. In the morning, she and former President Clinton meet with voters at Duncan's Cafe, then they meet with school children and their parents at Abraham Lincoln High School. Senator Clinton gives a speech on support for rural communities in nearby Neola at the Historic Phoenix Theatre.

December 31: Senator Clinton briefly crosses over into Blair, Nebraska after three days in Iowa. She meets with local Democratic Party volunteers to discuss the importance of getting out the vote "in every state", not just the early states. In the afternoon, she returns to Iowa to hold a town hall meeting in Randolph at the American Legion Post. That evening, joined by Senator Harkin, she holds a rally at Sidney High School in Sidney.

January 1: The New Year begins with a national conference call with state leadership to discuss "moving the campaign into the year of the election." The Clinton Campaign announces that Amanda Renteria, Chief of Staff to Senator Debbie Stabenow, will begin serving as State Operations Coordinator, to work as the main liaison between the national campaign and the state GOTV efforts.

Senator Clinton and Senator Stabenow meet with voters at Dordt College in the afternoon. In the evening, Senator Clinton, former President Clinton, Senator Harkin, Congressman Loebsack, and Senator Stabenow hold a fundraiser in Sioux Center.

January 2: Joined by Congressman Loebsack, Senator Clinton visits Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa to promote her education plan. She emphasis her plan to "reign in predatory loan companies" to make higher education accessible. When a student asks her about free community college for every citizen, Senator Clinton doesn't completely write the idea off, saying "It's worth looking into. We've got to find a way to pay for it, first." Senator Clinton visits Twin Galaxies before leaving Ottumwa, to discuss the importance of emerging technology in the "rebuilding of the American economy."

In the evening, Senator Clinton sits down with the Des Moines Register Editorial Board for a free-ranging, on-the-record discussion to run in a special section before the caucus. In the interview, she reiterates her belief that "Vice President Biden is spouting far-right conspiracy theories in an effort to pick up a handful of votes from people who just simply hate me." She also calls the situation in Libya "concerning" and calls on a strong, international response to the crisis "that brings stability to the lives of the Libyan people."

January 3: Senator Clinton begins Caucus Day in Polk City, Iowa. She meets with voters at an assisted living community, and makes a plan for campaign volunteers to get the seniors out caucus sites in the evening. During the drive to Ames, Senator Clinton makes GOTV calls from the back of her car. Once in Ames, Senator Clinton meets with College Democrats at the University of Iowa and makes sure they have a GOTV plan, setting up rides from campaign staff for students without cars. She also holds a town hall at the Ames Public Library with Senator Harkin.

As the sun begins to set, Senator Clinton and Senator Harkin fly to Waterloo, Iowa for their final round of campaigning. They hold a large GOTV rally at the Waterloo Center for the Arts, where they're joined by Congressman Loebsack and Senator Stabenow. As caucusing begins, the Clinton Campaign moves to the Isle Casino Hotel in Waterloo to watch results come in.

Once the results of the caucus is clear, Senator Clinton, Senator Harkin, Congressman Loebsack, and Senator Stabenow drive to the Brown Derby Ballroom in Waterloo to meet with supporters.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 10:49:56 PM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing Nationwide

Hillary Clinton Ad #6

Hillary Clinton Ad #8
Iowa's Choice, Airing in Iowa

- Scene opens with clips of Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Senator Tom Harkin -

HARKIN: I've worked with the Clintons over the course of my career. They're good people. They're caring people. They're regular folks from hardworking families, just like you and me, and they understand rural communities like Iowa. Hillary Clinton's got a strong head on her shoulders and she'll make the tough decisions in the White House. That's why Hillary Clinton is my choice.

- Scene shifts to clips of Hillary Clinton and Dave Loebseck -

LOEBSACK: The Clintons have always been friends to agricultural communities like ours, here in Iowa. They've stood by America's farmers since Bill was Governor of Arkansas. Now, Hillary has a strong plan to support agriclutural communities across the country, by supporting farm-to-table local sourcing, fighting GMOs and Big Agriculture, and inceasing access to high-speed broadband access. That's why Hillary Clinton is my choice.

- Scene shifts to the Des Moines Register logo -

NARRATOR: The Des Moines Register called Hillary Clinton "extremely steady", "well prepared for the duties of the job", and "uniquely qualified to hit the ground running." They applauded her "tough stances on crime, terrorism, and the economy." They called her "the best choice for Iowa."

- Scene shifts to Hillary Clinton campaigning across Iowa -

NARRATOR: Hillary Clinton -  the choice of Senator Tom Harkin, Congressman Dave Loebsack, the Des Moines Register, and many Iowans across the state. Make her your choice on Caucus Day.

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:28 PM »

January 4 to January 10, 2012

January 4: Senator Clinton holds a victory rally in Des Moines, Iowa to thank supporters for "the tremendous victory" in the Iowa Caucus. She then flies to South Carolina.

January 5: Senator Clinton holds a breakfast meeting with local union workers in Rock Hill, South Carolina. She pledges her continued support for "protecting the American worker" while also promoting "free and fair trade" by reforming various trade agreements to "create the maximum benefit." She then meets with leaders of the African American community in York to discuss "getting kids off the streets, into schools, and into successful, high-paying careers." In the evening, Senator Clinton and former President Clinton hold a town hall meeting at the American Legion post in Tega Cay.

January 6: The Clinton campaign drives from Tega Cay, South Carolina to Charlotte, North Carolina. Senator Clinton holds a large rally with Senator Mark Warner and former President Clinton at Charlotte Convention Center. Senator Clinton tells the crowd that "South Carolina will be the defining moment of the campaign." If she can win South Carolina, Senator Clinton says, "that's the ballgame." After the rally, the Senators and former President tour Carolinas Medical Center and meet with patients. Senator Clinton then flies to New Hampshire.

January 7: The day begins early, with Senator Clinton making several appearances on early morning, drive time radio programs. She also does a sit down interview with John McElveen of WMUR News. She then gives a speech at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College in Manchester, where she talks about "painting a bold and progressive vision" for the country, where "every person has the full opportunity to take part in the beautiful American dream." Senator Clinton also attends a fundraiser for the New Hampshire Democratic Party with Senator Jeanne Shaheen in Nashua.

January 8: Senator Clinton holds a roundtable discussion over breakfast in Concord with local business leaders to discuss "bringing the Live Free or Die spirit" nationwide. After breakfast, she drives to Woodstock, Vermont to give a speech to local Democratic organizers at Woodstock Union High School. She returns to New Hampshire in the evening. She holds a rally in Berlin, a former industrial town, to talk about making "free trade work for everyone" and bringing back "exported jobs."

January 9: Senator Clinton begins the day with a tour of the U.S.-Canada border at the Pittsburg-Chartierville Border Crossing. She then crosses into Canada to speak with a group of Canadian business leaders in Montreal about "working together to create a freer, fairer, and stronger" relationship between the two countries. She also meets with a group of First Nations representatives and listens to their plight, pledging to work, as President, to "increases aid and services for all native peoples." Senator Clinton then flies back to New Hampshire, landing in Portsmouth.

January 10: Joined by Senator Shaheen, Senator Clinton attends an AARP meeting in Portsmouth in the morning. The pair then meet with service men and women at Pease Air Force Base before holding a rally in Laconia. Senator Clinton spends an hour in the early afternoon door knocking with supporters in Moultonborough before driving to Concord to hold a rally on the steps of the New Hampshire State House. In the evening, the campaign's official election night rally is at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 02:36:46 PM »

Hillary Clinton Debate
January 2012 Debate

Clinton: I think our economic direction depends entirely on how this election shapes up. If we put the Republicans back in the driver's seat at this point, we're risking sliding backwards into another recession. If we put a pro-growth Democrat into the White House, we've got a really strong chance of turning the trend around and getting people back to work, increasing take-home-pay, and promoting savings. That's how we're going to turn the economy around and get America back on track, by giving the American people the incentives that they need to increase their spending, increase their savings, and increase consumer confidence.

Clinton: I support same-sex marriage. I think it is a fundamental human right to be able to express ones love through the bonds of marriage and I think that we should allow people, same-sex couples, to do just that. I voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004 and I said in 2006 that, if a future Governor and Legislature of New York went forward with same-sex marriage legalization, I'd be in support of it. Look, I'm going to be honest with you, I think my husband made a mistake when he signed DOMA into law. I think that was the wrong decision and it set a dangerous precedent for opposition to same-sex relationships. I think that this is an issue that should be handled at the state level, but I personally think that every state should allow same-sex marriages.

Clinton: We have a gun violence epidemic in this country. In 1999, I stood with my husband in the Oval Office when we were briefed on the Columbine massacre. As a nation, we promised to never let something like Columbine happen again. But since then, we've seen school children, teachers, and administrators shot and killed dozens of times. At Virginia Tech, at Red Lake, at Northern Illinois University - all over the country, we've watched as horror has unfolded. We need to address this crisis with vigor and commitment, so we don't lose an entire generation to senseless violence. We need stricter background checks, to make sure that people who shouldn't have a gun can't get a gun, we need to increase access to mental health services, to catch potential gun violence perpetrators before they can committ their crimes and get them the health they need. We also need to have a national discussion on the role of violence in film, and on TV, and in video games. I support the Second Amendment, but I more importantly support keeping the American people safe at home, and at work, and at school.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 07:39:26 AM »

Hillary Clinton Ad #4

Hillary Clinton Ad #5
In His Own Words, Airing in New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Maine, and Michigan

Hillary Clinton Ad #6

Hillary Clinton Ad #9
An Seat for Everyone at the Table, Airing Nationwide

- Scene opens on various clips of diverse Americans going about their lives: shopping at the grocery store, sorting through mail, driving to work, taking public transportation. In every shot, there is a child watching the adult as they go through the day -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): It is 2012. Almost 100 years ago, women won the right to vote. Forty years after that, African Americans were freed from the chain of Jim Crow laws to gain the franchise. But still today, women make up just 20% of elected officials in the United States Congress. Representation of people of color is even worse. We've taken steps to improve this disparity over the years, and we've made great progress, but there's still more we have to do.

- Scene cuts to Hillary interacting with young girls and minority children -

HILLARY (VOICE OVER): That's why I'm working to make sure that everyone in this country has a seat at the table. That means fighting for fair election laws, stopping partisan gerrymandering, and giving every child the hope that they too could one day become President of the United States of America.

Only then will the words of our founding document ring true: We hold these trueths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal...

Hillary Clinton Surrogate Schedule
January 4 to January 10, 2012

Senator Jeanne Shaheen campaigns with Senator Clinton in New Hampshire.

Senator Bill Nelson rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Florida.

Mayor Tom Menino leads fundraising efforts in New England.

Governor Andrew Cuomo leads fundraising efforts in New York.

Senator Mark Warner campaigns with Senator Clinton in South Carolina.

Senator Dianne Feinstein leads fundraising efforts on the West Coast.

Governor John Hickenlooper rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Nevada.

Senator Debbie Stabenow rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Senator Tom Harkin rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Congressman Dave Loebsack rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Michigan.

Governor Brian Schweitzer rallies Clinton Campaign volunteers in Nevada.

Governor Dannel Malloy appears on various news programs to support the Clinton Campaign.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 04:39:37 PM »

Hillary campaigns in Nevada, continuing to use many of the same talking points she has so far in the campaign. She especially stresses her comprehensive immigration reform plan and her schemes for higher education. All Western surrogates campaign in Nevada with her, while Eastern surrogates focus on South Carolina and fundraising. Hillary does not participate in the debate, citing scheduling conflict.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies