The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:03:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: The War of the Three Kingdoms (Rules and Sign Ups)  (Read 7397 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »

OK folks, we have a problem. For the second turn in a row, I received no orders from the English Parliamentarians or the Holy Roman Empire. I also received no orders from Royalist Ireland.

What do I do?
You should put them as automats, like what Spamage was doing.

This. IDK who Spamage is, but I agree
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2018, 01:22:15 PM »

I’d recommend crushing victories for Charles, Mountgarret and Scandinavia followed by some recruitment, possibly for new characters (Eg Fairfax or Cromwell could emerge in crisis?)
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2018, 11:46:58 PM »

I wouldn't mind joining as someone should you need new people
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »

Would you like to take over as The Earl of Essex and the English Parliamentarians?
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2018, 12:19:05 PM »

Would you like to take over as The Earl of Essex and the English Parliamentarians?

I'd be down yeah, just need a recap of what be going down with them and some time to make a turn order.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2018, 12:28:47 PM »

I'd be down yeah, just need a recap of what be going down with them and some time to make a turn order.

Ok.

The Parliamentarians have done nothing so far, after responding to Charles I declaring war on them. Last turn, a swift Royalist campaign into the Southwest secured Bristol and several Cornish towns for the Royalist cause. The Parliamentarians lost a major ally when their Scottish commander, the Marquess of Argyle, declared himself King of an independent Scotland. The French, Dutch, Spanish, and Holy Roman Empire have largely ended the Thirty Years War, although Sweden is still at war with the Holy Roman Empire. The Spanish are facing several nationalist revolts at home and the Dutch have made a series of power moves to claim the largest functional colonial empire in the world.
ASPN
Dr_Novella

« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »

Ok.

The Parliamentarians have done nothing so far, after responding to Charles I declaring war on them. Last turn, a swift Royalist campaign into the Southwest secured Bristol and several Cornish towns for the Royalist cause. The Parliamentarians lost a major ally when their Scottish commander, the Marquess of Argyle, declared himself King of an independent Scotland. The French, Dutch, Spanish, and Holy Roman Empire have largely ended the Thirty Years War, although Sweden is still at war with the Holy Roman Empire. The Spanish are facing several nationalist revolts at home and the Dutch have made a series of power moves to claim the largest functional colonial empire in the world.

Alright. I sent you a pm for private info, then I'll work on a turn.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2018, 02:24:07 PM »

Is the next turn being prepped?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2018, 02:40:41 PM »

I'm still mulling over options. Yes, now we have an active Parliamentary England, but the HRE and Royalist Irish are still critical players in this time period.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2018, 04:02:35 AM »

We made do without Royalist Irish in turn one? And HRE could be npced through inactivity as Parl Eng were last turn...waiting too long might risk testing patience of existing active players?
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2018, 01:54:44 PM »

We made do without Royalist Irish in turn one? And HRE could be npced through inactivity as Parl Eng were last turn...waiting too long might risk testing patience of existing active players?

This. It's best to post this turn rn and have the inactivity of the HRE be taken as having a bad effect on them.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2018, 12:46:27 PM »

After much thought, I've come to a conclusion to end the game. I am not the great games-master that Lumine is, and my limited abilities have certainly hurt this game. There is also the issue of inactivity among the playerbase. From the moment the game began, there have been issues with inactivity among players who should be key to this period and the game. For these reasons, and others, this game is over.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2018, 12:56:07 PM »

I might as well offer up a Replacement idea then via polls.
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »

I might as well offer up a Replacement idea then via polls.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=285020.msg6091553#msg6091553 check here for the idea
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »

After much thought, I've come to a conclusion to end the game. I am not the great games-master that Lumine is, and my limited abilities have certainly hurt this game. There is also the issue of inactivity among the playerbase. From the moment the game began, there have been issues with inactivity among players who should be key to this period and the game. For these reasons, and others, this game is over.

I can understand the frustration, Dkrol, these games are not easy and inactivity (as a well as a not having high morale as GM, which tends to happen to me) can be a serious problem. However, I personally think you did a very fine job, I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the game, and I want to thank you for providing such fun and creativity while the game lasted.

I sincerely hope you will host another game someday!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2018, 01:35:26 PM »

I can understand the frustration, Dkrol, these games are not easy and inactivity (as a well as a not having high morale as GM, which tends to happen to me) can be a serious problem. However, I personally think you did a very fine job, I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the game, and I want to thank you for providing such fun and creativity while the game lasted.

I sincerely hope you will host another game someday!

Thank you for the kind words, but I think I'll be returning to TL writing for the forseeable future.
Garlan Gunter
United Kingdom

« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2018, 06:37:43 AM »

I'm very sad about this and shall keep my Montrose signature for the mo as a memento!

I really enjoyed it while it lasted and I'd like to have a go at hosting a slightly different game in the same period; I think I'll wait however until after the current ASOIAF one, in terms of my time as well as quite an active board already

Would there be interest? Might it be worth chucking some ideas into the planning thread? Basically my variant would be more British Isles focussed with as much scheming as campaigning

Anyway thanks for what we had DKrol - and Argyll - enjoyed sparring even for a little!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies