Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:17:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Forward? – A 2012 Election Game (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 26605 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: January 05, 2018, 03:17:41 AM »

Walter Jones 2012: American Principles

Speaking in Greenville, North Carolina, Rep. Walter Jones (R-NC) made the following remarks in his announcement speech for President:

I've decided to run for President of the United States not because I wanted to advance my career or to win special favors from lobbyists. I've had plenty of opportunities before, but I've said no to all of them. This campaign is about saving this great country I grew up in for our children and grandchildren. When we're burdened with this massive debt, people on the streets, perpetual wars, and a corrupt political establishment, ordinary Americans begin to lose hope in our system. They think nothing can be done. I'm here to tell you that this is the moment when we can reverse the tide and take back our country from those who think nothing of it and only for themselves. Together, we will make a difference, and we will win. Thank you, and God bless these United States.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »

Walter Jones Debate Responses

You must be logged in to read this quote.

All of us here on stage agree that Obamacare is not the way to go. This was a rushed bill with little input from the American people, and this is the worst kind of central planning imaginable. I would act swiftly to repeal Obamacare. With that said, we shouldn't leave people dying on the street. Society does have a role to protect those who have nothing, and I as President would look into ways that the federal government can strengthen protections for uninsured and at-risk Americans while maintaining the dignity of our free-market system. We need to think long and hard about what comes after Obamacare is gone. If we just go back to the way it was right before, then we'll have solved little about our healthcare system. It's time for some responsibility in our leadership again.

I come from a little town called Farmville, North Carolina. I learned the value of hard work from an early age, and I helped run my family's company for a number of years. That kind of upbringing and experience has taught me what it means to own a small business, to try and earn a decent living, and to make ends meet. I understand that both workers and small business owners haven't gotten the assistance they need. Wages have been stagnant for many years, and President Obama hasn't solved that problem. He also hasn't brought unemployment down to normal levels. If this keeps up, we'll see an entire generation displaced and worse off than their parents were. I admit I differ from my colleagues in certain ways. For example, we need to see an increase in the minimum wage in order to help out average Americans and boost demand in our economy. An average Republican won't be able to correct the ship after a recession like this one. That's why I'm running. We need new ideas and fresh faces in Washington.

It's simple: I did what few politicians do and admit I made a mistake. I made a mistake when I voted for a war that had no end. I made a mistake when I pushed for the deaths of thousands of American lives that could have been saved. I thought we were going into Iraq with the right intentions. Saddam Hussein was clearly a man who brutalized his own people. However, seeing the chaos unfold and the unexplained questions from the Bush administration made me question what we went into. After visiting the funeral for the son of a family in my district, I realized just what we had done--what *I* had done. Ever since then, I've done whatever I can in Congress to avoid repeating the mistakes we did in Iraq. General Smedley Butler said it best that war is a racket, and it should only be the final option. Americans don't deserve being subject to any further foreign adventures just because warmongers want regime change or to push their influence in a region. It's troubling to see so many here push for more aggression when we're talking about human lives at stake. War affects each and every one of us, and when we go to war, it must be done responsibly. That is the ultimate lesson of Iraq.

Closing statement:

This year, we have choices. We can choose to follow along the path of the donor class, who want crony capitalism, endless wars, and more of the same business we're used to. Those candidates are up here on this stage. 2012 is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to change Washington for the better, though. I'm running as a different kind of Republican. You won't see me cozying up to lobbyists, because I don't want their money. The establishment has tried to knock me out many times now, but I always come out standing because the people of my district know they have a congressman with integrity. I'll stand up for regular Americans whose voices have been left behind for years. I'll fix our VA system and take care of veterans who have been ignored for so long. I'll protect our entitlements like Social Security unlike those who wish to put a wrecking ball to it all. I'll put America first: both by stopping these horrible trade deals and by avoiding military entanglements like Washington warned us. If you want real change this election, I'm your guy. Thank you.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:00:02 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: September 1-30

September 1-5: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; reaching out to pro-life organizations; building campaign staff statewide, particularly rural areas.

September 6-12: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; multiple interviews with local radio stations; building campaign infrastructure with focus on grassroots enthusiasm.

September 12-20: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; interviews with local TV stations; building relationships with veterans groups; building campaign infrastructure with strong focus on northern SC, bordering Congressman Jones's district.

September 21-23: Congressional duties; interviews with CNN and Fox News; anti-war rally against Libyan intervention in Washington, D.C.

September 24-26: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; outreach to Latino and veterans groups; building campaign infrastructure with focus on rural areas.

September 27-28: Town halls and meet and greets in Minnesota; interviews with local radio and TV outlets; building up ground game for caucus.

September 29-30: Town halls in South Carolina; rally in Charleston; continued outreach with veterans groups; voter registration drive.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 10:12:46 PM »

JONES: NO TO LIBYA!

At an antiwar demonstration televised in Washington D.C., Congressman Jones made the following remarks:

Look at the death toll in Libya. Look at the damage suffered by the people. With our reckless foreign policy, we're leaving the Middle East worse off than it already was. This madness must stop now!

[. . .]

Mr. President, if you care about human rights and you care about seeing the well-being of the Libyan people, I beg you to show leadership and stop the carnage being waged by NATO. This is a dangerous path we're going down and we don't know the full ramifications of this conflict. It must end now or we will see the consequences 5, 10, and 20 years down the line. And we won't like it, folks.

[. . .]

The Iraq War has taught me many things. It made me realize that American men and women lose their arms, legs, and lives when we don't think through the consequences of bombs and bullets. I've put the photographs of the brave Americans who've lost their lives throughout my congressional office as a constant reminder that, while I'm still here on this planet, I must do the Lord's work and save lives. This is what is at stake here: not just American lives, but Libyan lives too.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »

Any decision to reduce our involvement in Iraq is a good one. To call this a "withdrawal," however, is taking the spin from the Obama administration as truth. Let's look into the details on this, folks. We're seeing combat troops leave the region, but in their place, we still have so-called peacekeeping troops on the ground. There are still over 15,000 of our men and women there. We have 5,000 defense contractors in Iraq no matter what. Why would we need these defense contractors if we're not engaging in conflict? It seems to be that President Obama wants to have his cake and eat it too. He wants to be known as the peace president when the hard work has yet to be done to bring peace in Iraq, and that's an absolute shame.

I changed my mind on the Iraq War because of what I saw on the ground there. We had no clear mission. President Bush never gave a deadline for when we would leave. Obama ran on fixing this mess, but he's only engaging in half-measures now. With a President Jones, withdrawal means withdrawal. I would take all of our troops back home and focus on our problems here at home. Think of how much bloodshed happened over this past decade when it could have been avoided. While we can't go back in time, our troops deserve better for the sacrifices they have made every step of the way. Instead of keeping them in the deserts, it's time we gave them new legs, better mental health treatment, and integrating them back into civilian life. That's our God-given responsibility as a nation.

Governors Romney and Christie both say that they've evolved on their opinion of abortion. That's all well and good. Here's where we differ, though: I have always been passionately devoted to the cause of life. In fact, that was the reason why I became a Republican twenty years ago. I grew up in a family of lifelong Democrats, so you can imagine how that might have gone. *laughs* My father grew ill and retired from office after serving in Congress as a Democrat for many years. As he was approaching his deathbed, I came up to him and told him, "I'm going to change my party affiliation." I was strongly concerned by the way that the Democratic Party was heading by that point. I rose my right hand to my Lord and Savior to make my pledge, and my father told me, "I understand that." A month later, he would pass away.

Since then, my convictions have only strengthened. I've made it one of my missions in Congress to protect the unborn however I can. I've introduced legislation to defund Planned Parenthood, limit abortion after 20 weeks, and establish stronger protections for abortion survivors and harsher penalties for those doctors. When you're in a position of power, it's your duty from God to cherish life. If we can't even hold to that standard as a nation, then I fear for the future. We as Republicans should make it clear that this is a top priority for us, and it certainly would be in a Jones administration. I've backed up my words with action and a lifetime of conviction.

Dissatisfied would be putting it mildly. *laughs*

Here is what's going on with the House leadership: They are systematically silencing and punishing conservative voices when we dare to speak out about our firmly held beliefs. In fact, Speaker Boehner even recently kicked me off from my spot in the Armed Services Committee because I voted differently than he would have liked me to on one or two bills. I thought the Republican Party was supposed to be a big tent of ideas. This isn't only happening to me, by the way. It's happening to plenty of my colleagues in the House, like Congressman Amash. When we call the rising debt an immoral beast and refuse to go along with the latest crony spending deal, we're only met with hostility from the leadership.

Here, I'll talk directly to the viewers at home: This goes to show that the Republican establishment doesn't give a damn about you. They'll take your votes for granted and vote to keep business as usual. We can't tolerate this anymore as a nation if we want to see things change for the better. There is so much anger out there, from Occupy on the left to the tea Party on the right, and these folks really agree on more than you may think. They want to see a better future for themselves and their children, and they know the root of the problem lies in Washington D.C. The leadership we have right now is like Medusa, and we must cut its head off to see it fall. We can't tolerate the Washington establishment anymore. That's why I'm running to make a difference.

Response to Congressman Paul:

Congressman Paul, you know we've been good friends for many years, and it's been an absolute pleasure to work alongside you. With that said, we have issues we can respectfully disagree on. I voted for those two lesser stimulus bills because the economy was in desperate need of life at that point, and they would have injected enough demand to start the recovery. We should never forget just how close we were to the entire financial system collapsing and leaving millions of innocent Americans with nothing in the process. I should note that I didn't vote for the $797 million stimulus package pushed by President Obama. You haven't stayed totally true to libertarian principles either, I might add. You are a big proponent of adding earmarks in bills, but I'm opposed to all pork barrel spending.

Closing statement:

Americans are angry. Americans want change. They want leaders they can actually trust, not just puppets for donors. For far too long, we've been used to the status quo, but 2012 is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to turn things around. I'm running for President because I have a record that defies the establishment time and time again. I refuse to play along with the House leadership's games, and while they may try to punish me, I never back down. I vote my conscience 100% of the time and I serve this duty knowing that I am accountable to the Lord at the end of the day. Integrity is what we need more of in Washington, and I would provide that. I'm not backed by big money; I'm running with the support of thousands of small donors. These are people who work regular jobs and wish to support their families. I'm accountable to these people, and I thank everyone out there for their support so far. This campaign is not stopping. It's only just beginning. Thank you, and God bless this country.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 01:12:42 AM »

Excerpt from CNN interview with Congressman Jones

Interviewer: What do you make of the rising Occupy Wall Street movement?

Jones: Well, this is fundamentally a very good thing. You may disagree with their ideas or their methods, and I certainly condemn the violence that has happened on some occasions. However, these are ordinary people standing up and demanding more from their government. They see that politicians work for big banks, prop up endless wars, and leave the middle class in debt while they continue to profit. It's a corrupt system to the core, and we need to clean out the people responsible for things like the War in Iraq and our last recession. You know, the Occupy people are really not much different from those who attend Tea Party rallies. Both want more accountability from their leaders.

Interviewer: You definitely sound more sympathetic to the protestors than many of your Republican rivals.

Jones: You could say that. But, like I said, the people who really deserve anger are our leaders who have failed us time and time again. It's no wonder that you're seeing protests everywhere now! Although I'm a Republican, we can't put everyone in neat little boxes. I would like to see the restoration of Glass-Steagal, for example, since banks were left off the hook after massive financial deregulation. We also need to end the policy of "too big to fail." Here's what I'll say to the viewers at home: If you want someone who can bridge the gap between Occupy and the Tea Party, I'm your guy. We need a political revolution in this country to right the ship, and that's what this campaign is about.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 01:44:51 AM »

Walter Jones Schedule: October 1-31

October 1-5: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; rally in Davenport; building contacts with Evangelical leaders; targeting pro-life voters; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters; campaign outreach in urban areas, particularly college students; voter registration drive.

October 6-12: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; rally in Carson City; outreach to Mormon leaders and voters in the east; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters; building inroads to libertarian organizations; outreach to veterans groups statewide; beefing up state campaign HQ in Las Vegas; voter registration drive.

October 13-21: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rallies in Mount Pleasant, Rock Hill, and Columbia; strengthening relationships with veterans groups; targeting pro-life voters; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters; multiple interviews with local TV and radio stations; intense campaign to attract Evangelical voters; building campaign infrastructure in the west; networking with local GOP branches; voter registration drive.

October 22: Congressional duties in Washington D.C.

October 23-24: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; interviews with local radio stations.

October 25-29: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rally in Hilton Head Island; fundraiser in Columbia; continued effort to rally Evangelical voters; persuading soft Paul and Carolla supporters; voter registration drive.

October 30-31: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; interviews with local radio stations; outreach to local GOP branches; persuading soft Carolla supporters.

Walter Jones Campaign Strategy
-Present candidate as *the* populist choice in the GOP field: uncorrupted, fighting the GOP establishment
-Make strong efforts to attract supporters of Trump and Palin as their candidacies fade
-Differentiate candidate from the 'libertarians' (Paul and Carolla) by highlighting unorthodox positions and pro-military stance
-Strong focus on small campaign contributions, attracting grassroots enthusiasm
-Harness the power of Occupy Wall Street and Tea Party to rally disaffected voters to the Jones campaign
-Trumpet strong pro-life stance through the primary states, particularly in Iowa and South Carolina
-Meet voters one-on-one on the campaign trail and make lasting impressions
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:18:07 AM »

Walter Jones Ad: Convinction

I'm Congressman Walter Jones.

You won't see me palling around with career politicians, or make promises to lobbyists for campaign cash. That's because I work for the average man and woman against the Washington establishment every day.

I vote on conviction. The only two groups who I'm accountable to are the American people and the Lord. In Washington, though, I'm considered dangerous. John Boehner and his cronies have kicked me off committees to try and silence my voice and many other conservatives.

I say let's take the fight to them and show that our voices will never be silenced. I approve this message because it's our time for a political revolution.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 02:51:09 AM »

Walter Jones Endorsements

Congressman Jimmy Duncan

"This man, Walter Jones, is the most honorable man I have had the distinction of serving with in Congress, ladies and gentlemen. You can take that to the bank. He is a true man of faith and you just can't replicate that. To have him as President would mean that we have real moral leadership in the White House again. He would be concerned with America first and foremost. I urge you all to take a look at his campaign. The man's record speaks for himself."

Former Congressman Virgil Goode

"Jones loves this country to the core. I've been with him in Congress and you can just tell who's sucked up in the system and who isn't. He never cared about being part of the Washington crowd because he knows it's the cesspool that's hurting this fine country. He's right on borders, he's right on trade, and he's right on the wars. We need a man like Walter Jones to bring America back to greatness again."
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:46 PM »

Columbia, SC:

You've seen the bickering from Romney and Christie recently, folks. Who's better on abortion? Who's tougher on terrorism? Who has a better track record? Here's what I can tell ya: I don't side with either. As a matter of fact, they're really just two sides of the same coin. They're backed up by the same corrupt Washington establishment and big-money donors that have brought us more debt, more spending, stagnating wages, and endless wars in the Middle East. They won't do a thing to improve your lives because they're not interested in that.

People ask me why I'm running when I haven't been noticed. I can tell you that I sense the momentum at this stage. People are beginning to wake up to my campaign's message that it's time for a real change in Washington. A President Romney or a President Christie will continue to leave Americans behind while enriching their friends. A President Jones will put a stop to that on day one. This campaign is about America First.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 05:54:34 PM »

Nuclear weapons are a scourge on humanity. In the wrong hands, they would devastate entire continents and wipe out millions in a matter of seconds. It's up to us to make sure that bad actors around the world aren't able to develop their own nuclear programs unchecked. Iran has that capability to unleash great harm. Think about this: Even if the Iranian government were to never deploy their nuclear arsenals, what if they happened to sell off their supply to rogue terrorists, keeping up with their reputation as the biggest sponsor of terrorism in the Middle East? That could be a catastrophe in the making like the world has never seen before. We absolutely must hold Iran's feet to the fire and keep them accountable.

With that said, the United States shouldn't be making any rash decisions either with respect to Iran. War is the last option for dealing with this and should always be. A preemptive strike would affect millions of innocent civilians and keep us in the Middle East for decades longer. So, I must sharply disagree with my fellow Republicans on the stage who beat the war drum. As President, I would bolster military sanctions on the Iranian regime, and I would use any platform we have to unite the world around one message: a nuclear Iran is unacceptable. We also can't rule out opening up negotiations with Iran, under the conditions that the United States comes to the door with strict conditions and there will be consequences if they break any deal. There is a chance, no matter how small, that we can find a breakthrough first before we explore any other options.

Ronald Reagan once said, "trust, but verify." This is how he handled the Soviet Union, and it paid off. That will be my approach as President as well.

I think we can all agree here that the excesses of big unions have to be held accountable for. They can't just expect to survive off of workers' dues without doing anything in return. But we should never forget that labor unions played a big role in creating the middle class we have today. They've helped men and women, Democrats and Republicans, whites and blacks throughout this country. There is a balance to be found between giving unions the keys to the city and choking them off from representing workers, which I fear right-to-work could do.

I stand with great Republicans like Teddy Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower, who understood the importance of unions in society. Heck, even Reagan once headed a major union. People have the right to come together and achieve common goals. We do it all the time in government here, and people do it in everyday life. The Republican Party should be known as a workers' party again if we want to keep the confidence of the American people, many of whom think Republicans only stand for big business. This is one thing I hope to change with my campaign.

This is a great question, and I'm glad you asked.

Whoever the Republican nominee will be, they'll have to represent the voices and opinions of millions of Americans. There is a wide range of views within our party, and the nominee must respect that and listen to them as well. What makes us Republicans, though, is that we all share some common values: the importance of liberty, the sanctity of life, and a strong national defense. Whatever our disagreements are, I'm sure we can all agree with those on this stage. Even those I have criticized, like Governor Christie, are still good family men in my eyes, and our disagreements are political. The nature of politics is coalition-building by definition. Republicans can work with Democrats on certain things, and vice versa.

Throughout my own political career, I have always stressed the need for the Republican Party to be more inclusive. That means bringing in people from different backgrounds, with different viewpoints, but who all can unite around the idea of a great America. When I have voiced my disagreements with the frontrunners on the debate stage, I aim to provide a voice for many Americans when they might not otherwise have that chance. As your nominee, it will be my responsibility to bring all of these voices together. No matter what, we can all agree that the path promoted by Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden is what we're standing against.

I am a conservative and proud of it. I don't hide who I am. However, the one thing I have always been credited with is my ability to reach out and find common ground with people.

Response to Governor Christie:

You know, Governor, you were the establishment candidate for Governor in the primary. The grassroots choice was Steve Lonegan. I'm not saying you didn't work hard to pull off your victory, but those are just the facts. What's also true is that you first were reluctant to run for President. It took people like George W. Bush, Henry Kissinger, and a number of big donors to convince you to run. That isn't really a record of working outside the system.

Meanwhile, I have had hundreds of thousands of dollars thrown at me in primary challenges by establishment candidates. Why? Because I dare to speak out and challenge the Washington consensus. I don't hide my record, and I'm quite proud of it, in fact. The people of my district know that I have always stood up for them instead of for the party, and I'll do the same for the nation.

Closing statement:

Who's got your back these days? It isn't the same old Washington politicians who promise you one thing today and ignore you tomorrow. These people will always be entrenched in the corrupt Washington system. We don't have to stick with that, though. I have had a long record of fighting against Washington and for the American people. My conservative values were instilled in me from a young age, and I know the plight of the average American who's lost all hope in politics. It's time we get people to be hopeful again. I'm Walter Jones, and I'm running for President to speak for you in the White House. If you elect me, I'll spend every waking moment defending American principles here and around the world. Join me, join my campaign, and join this political revolution. Thank you all.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 06:17:41 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: November 1-30

November 1-8: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; rallies in Concord, Keene, and Rochester; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; massive ramping up of campaign HQ; outreach to pro-life and veterans groups statewide; voter registration drive.

November 9-17: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; rallies in Ames, Cedar Rapids, and Des Moines; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; extended outreach to pro-life groups; campaign to attract college students to campaign; radio and TV interviews statewide; voter registration drive.

November 18-26: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rallies in Beaufort, Spantanburg, Florence, and Charleston; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; strengthening of relationships with Evangelical groups; new outreach to college students; emphasis on grassroots enthusiasm; voter registration drive.

November 27-30: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; rallies in Reno and Las Vegas; targeting former Romney supporters on issues such as abortion, immigration, and trade; persuading soft Trump and Palin supporters to cross over; outreach to Latino and Mormon groups statewide; campaign to attract college students; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; voter registration drive.

-Present candidate as *the* populist choice in the GOP field: uncorrupted, fighting the GOP establishment
-Reiterate commitment to basic Republican beliefs of life, marriage, defense
-Intense effort to attract former Romney supporters through issues of abortion, trade, and immigration; show admiration for Governor Romney on a personal level
-Make strong efforts to attract supporters of Trump and Palin as their candidacies fade
-Strong focus on small campaign contributions, attracting grassroots enthusiasm
-Reach out to soft Paul and Carolla supporters in states where they poll poorly to Jones
-Ramp up focus on rallies on the campaign trail to attract major attention to campaign
-Build up campaign network of Evangelicals and Tea Party members nationwide to bolster standing in early primary states
-Minor radio ad buys in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada promoting Jones as champion for veterans
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 06:25:09 PM »

Statement on Mitt Romney

While we have had our disagreements on the campaign trail, I wish Governor Romney the absolute best as he embarks on this next chapter in his life. I also offer my sincere condolences to his wife Ann, who is suffering from a terrible condition in multiple sclerosis. Anyone who has had to face a similar situation in their personal life knows the amount of grief and hardship involved, and it takes family and friends to persevere. I pray for the Romney family that they may find relief in these troubled times. May the Lord grant these fine people that opportunity.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 06:44:51 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Momentum

This is Congressman Walter Jones.

Why have establishment Republicans spent hundreds of thousands to take me out before? Because they know I stand up for my beliefs.

I'll do what's best for you, the American people. There are no big donors or lobbyists behind this campaign. This is 100% funded by everyday Americans with a hope for a better tomorrow.

Together, we can stand up to the Washington consensus. They fear they'll no longer be in charge if their people can't get in.

They're right. We have the momentum.

I approve this message because the only good unemployment is a Washington crook without a job.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 07:02:56 PM »

Governor Blagojevich was no exception to the rule. Far from it. He just happened to be one of the unlucky souls who got exposed for his misdeeds, but the fact of the matter is that this culture of corruption runs deep in the very fabric of Washington D.C. I've seen it with my own eyes while serving in Congress for a number of years. Many of these people running for office say one thing to voters, hold big promises, and act like they're above it all, when they just follow the crowd once they get in. Politicians are routinely paid off by big banks, insurance companies, foreign governments, you name it! Need I go on? *laughs*

So, this isn't new to Americans. It can be big and blatant, or it can be small and undercover, but the end result is still the same: People lose faith in the system, because they think nothing can be done to stop this. The establishment of this country has had its way for a long time because they've lied, cheated, and bullied their way into power. What's more, they have big money backing their goals and conspiring against the American people. It's time to finally stand up to these crooks and tell them their time in the front seat is over.

My record in the House shows I've got the fortitude to fight off corrupt politicians. I've had to do it all the time just to survive, and I always come out on top in the end. A President Jones will take that same approach to the White House. The biggest issue driving corruption by far is big money in politics, so I would seek real campaign finance reform: that means limiting campaign contributions by these big lobbyists and donors, and putting focus back on the small donors that drive grassroots campaigns. I would seek term limits on legislators so they can't build up their stature and power forever and be invincible to accountability. Finally, I would change the very culture of Washington from the bottom up. We need dedicated public servants, committed to the Lord, who would put country first and leave partisan politics aside.

If we can go all of that, by God, we might just solve the corruption problem once and for all.

If we want to move forward and grow as a party, we must leave the Bush years behind us for good.

I gave President Bush a chance. Many chances, in fact. I liked his original platform when he first ran in 2000, back when he was talking about "compassionate conservatism" and being responsible with our national debt. I was also arguably his biggest cheerleader for the Iraq War at first, because I believed we were trying to do good. So, what happened? What happened was President Bush not only deceived me, but he deceived the entire nation through his deeds.

Let's go through the record. The American public did not get the honest truth about why we were going into Iraq and staying there. Once we got in, and even after we toppled Saddam Hussein, we had no mission and we seemed set on staying there indefinitely. The Bush administration might not have been thinking very hard about the consequences of that, but we're talking about human lives here. I have written thousands of letters to families who lost their loved ones in the war, because I can only apologize and try to atone for my sins after my vote. The President never apologized for his decisions in Iraq.

Bush was also terribly reckless with spending. His first Treasury Secretary quit after being told by Dick Cheney that "deficits don't matter." Those words sure rung true in the White House, since they spent money like a drunken sailor and ran up our national debt by a few trillion dollars. This just won't be impacting us now, but it will impact our children and grandchildren for generations to come. We as conservatives must truly be conservative with how we spend, and President Bush failed in that regard time and time again even as he was campaigning as a fiscally responsible leader.

Is this really the making of a compassionate conservative? It sounds to me like Bush failed the American people time and time again. As long as we continue to defend this man and his administration, the Republican Party will have a big albatross around its neck for a generation. We can do better, and we will do better with new leadership. The reason why I first ran for President was to offer an alternative to Bushism. If you agree, then I ask that you consider me for your vote.

It's simple: I'm 100% behind what the Tea Party stands for. They want balanced budgets, cutting the debt and deficit, and more accountability in Washington. So do I. Many Republicans will claim they believe in the same thing, but I've put it in practice. That's the reason why I've fought off John Boehner and his gang in Congress, and it's why I have a big target on my back wherever I go in Washington. *laughs* To see a movement like the Tea Party spring up organically is a very good thing for our democracy, and I'll stand behind whatever shakes up the establishment.

You mentioned Governor Palin. I'm quite proud to have Sarah's endorsement, and she's really a fiercely independent leader along with being a conservative. When she ran in Alaska, she too ran against the entire establishment and managed to win as the underdog. Once she became governor, she acted on her promises, so it's no wonder she's been adored by many in the state. I would emulate Governor Palin should I be lucky enough to become President by actually meaning what I say and working on my promises from day one. She endorsed my campaign because she has her full trust in me.

I also recognize that when you get more attention, you'll get more critics. You're bound to come across disagreements in politics, but what I will say is that even people who don't entirely agree with me on foreign policy actually have quite a bit more in common with me than they think. I would rather build more roads in cities here than to build roads in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's the fiscally conservative approach: we could save so much of our taxpayers' dollars by focusing on our problems at home first than abroad. But what I'd like to hit home is that we don't always have to agree on the details when we agree on the big picture. Like Reagan said, "The person who agrees with you 80% of the time is a friend and an ally, not a 20% traitor."

Closing statement:

It's clear this campaign has the momentum. I want to thank all of the people who have stuck with me on this ride so far. For those who aren't supporters, I want to reach out my hand to you. Your voice is just as valuable to me, because we're all Americans are we're all in this together. If you're tired of the same old business in Washington, tired of the corrupt politicians, tired of the endless wars, tired of the skyrocketing debt, and ready for something new, then I am your voice in this campaign. We the People are able to change Washington, but it will take a team effort.

When I was polling at 2% and pundits laughed at my campaign, they didn't realize that regular Americans outside the beltway saw something different. Now they aren't laughing. We've already changed the dialogue of this race. Let's continue to shake things up. Thank you all, and God bless this fine country of ours.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: December 1-25

December 1-7: Town halls and meet and greets in Nevada; rallies in Henderson, Reno, and Las Vegas; massive outreach to Tea Party groups; continued outreach to Latino, Mormon, and veterans groups; beefing up campaign HQ in Las Vegas; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; establishing new campaign offices in rural counties; canvassing statewide with Governor Palin; voter registration drive.

December 8-16: Town halls and meet and greets in South Carolina; rallies in Myrtle Beach, Goose Creek, Conway, North Charleston, and Columbia; massive outreach to Tea Party groups; continued outreach to Evangelical and veterans groups; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; persuading soft Paul and Carolla supporters to join campaign; establishing new campaign offices in central South Carolina; canvassing statewide with Governor Palin; voter registration drive.

December 17-22: Town halls and meet and greets in Iowa; rallies in Davenport, Council Bluffs, Mason City, Sioux City, and Cedar Rapids; massive outreach to Tea Party groups; continued outreach to Evangelical and veterans groups; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; persuading soft Paul and Carolla supporters; grassroots campaign to attract disaffected, working-class voters; canvassing statewide with Governor Palin; voter registration drive.

December 23-24: Town halls and meet and greets in New Hampshire; rally in Concord; massive outreach to Tea Party groups; continued outreach to Evangelical and veterans groups; grassroots campaign to attract independent voters; multiple radio and TV interviews statewide; canvassing statewide with Governor Palin; voter registration drive.

December 25: Spending time with family in North Carolina.

-Continue loud, populist campaign message across the country
-Promote Sarah Palin's endorsement and feature her regularly in campaign rallies
-Make extended new outreach to Tea Party groups and supporters, stressing common ground and assuaging concerns on foreign policy
-Strengthen grassroots fundraising machine with regular "money bombs" staged nationwide
-Reach out to soft Paul and Carolla supporters in states where they poll poorly to Jones
-Promote campaign rallies in hopes of being televised and seen by millions
-Major radio ad buys in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada promoting Jones as a humble man of faith
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 07:52:01 PM »

RISE OF THE BARRACUDA

Speaking at a massively televised rally in Des Moines, Iowa, former Governor Sarah Palin made the following remarks in a speech endorsing Congressman Walter Jones:

Are you people ready for something new in Washington? Are ya tired of the same old, same old nonsense and bushwhacking from these career politicians? I'm behind Walter Jones because he represents a movement! It's a movement to make America strong and proud and fierce. We don't need people like Wicked Hillary or Goofy Ol' Uncle Joe up there, so why vote for someone who's old news just like them?

[. . .]

Let me tell ya: Walter's fighting the establishment every day. How do I know? I was there! I've done it. I've seen it. It's crazy business, folks! He can't be corrupted, he won't be corrupted, and he's the people's choice this election! He won't give you the spiel about being electable and blah blah blah like some people. He's in it to win it, and I'm gonna be there with him all the way!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Governor Palin Speaks

Well, hi there, folks! This is Governor Sarah Palin talking to ya straight from Alaska.

You know who I'm voting for this year? Congressman Walter Jones. Here's why all you good folks should, too!

He's a man of integrity. He's been fighting the corrupt Washington establishment from day one. He stands for what he really believes in, and ain't that a rare sight up there?

He's been fighting for our brave men and women in uniform. There's no one else like him who knows how badly the VA needs to be reformed.

He's pro-life and pro-Second Amendment, 100%, no questions asked. He's a proud conservative and a good family man.

And, you know what? He's never lost his roots. He stands for the proud, hardworking, average Joe out there who can't seem to get a break.

Isn't it just about time we had some real change in Washington? That's why I'm for Walter. What about you?

I'm Walter Jones and I approve this message.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 08:13:04 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Momentum

This is Congressman Walter Jones.

Why have establishment Republicans spent hundreds of thousands to take me out before? Because they know I stand up for my beliefs.

I'll do what's best for you, the American people. There are no big donors or lobbyists behind this campaign. This is 100% funded by everyday Americans with a hope for a better tomorrow.

Together, we can stand up to the Washington consensus. They fear they'll no longer be in charge if their people can't get in.

They're right. We have the momentum.

I approve this message because the only good unemployment is a Washington crook without a job.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 08:48:26 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Our Troops

These are the brave men and women who have sacrificed their lives for us in Iraq.

I honor them every day by keeping these pictures in my office.

These pictures remind me that when politicians in Washington make decisions, they often deal with life and death. It's up to us to make sure that they act responsibly, because when they don't, human lives are at stake.

I have written thousands of letters to the families who have lost these loved ones. There is no greater duty that I can think of than to let them know they're never alone.

We must not let our troops and their families down. We must fix our broken VA hospitals, improve the quality of healthcare, and lead them back into civilian life.

Although we can't change the past, the future is in our hands. It's our duty as Americans to take care of our veterans, for they are our brothers and sisters all under God.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »

Walter Jones Schedule: December 26-January 3

December 26
-Barnstorming in Newton, IA
-Barnstorming in Clinton, IA
-Barnstorming in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Waterloo, IA

December 27
-Barnstorming in Coralville, IA
-Barnstorming in Muscatine, IA
-Barnstorming in North Liberty, IA
-Rally in Ankeny, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Cedar Rapids, IA

December 28
-Barnstorming in Bettendorf, IA
-Barnstorming in Ottumwa, IA
-Barnstorming in Clive, IA
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Des Moines, IA

December 29
-Barnstorming in Dubuque, IA
-Barnstorming in Marion, IA
-Barnstorming in Urbandale, IA
-Rally in West Des Moines, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Sioux City, IA

December 30
-Barnstorming in Knoxville, IA
-Barnstorming in Storm Lake, IA
-Barnstorming in Indianola, IA
-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Council Bluffs, IA

December 31
-Barnstorming in Clinton, IA
-Barnstorming in Mason City, IA
-Rally in Iowa City, IA
-Interview with Fox News
-Voter Registration Drive in Cedar Rapids, IA

January 1
-Barnstorming in Johnston, IA
-Rally in West Des Moines, IA
-Rally in Ankeny, IA
-Voter Registration Drive in Des Moines, IA

January 2
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Interview with CNN

January 3
-Implementing GOTV statewide in Iowa
-Attending random caucus sites in urban and rural areas
-Various interviews with local Iowa stations
-Election Night Party in Des Moines, IA

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 06:40:49 PM »

Des Moines Register Endorses Walter Jones for President

Congressman Walter B. Jones is uniquely qualified to be the next President of the United States in these times. With a staggering economy, multiple international crises, a lack of trust in American institutions, Mr. Jones has shown the Republican electorate--and the nation--a new way to go forward from the malaise of the Obama administration. Mr. Jones is known as a man of integrity who is universally respected among his peers in Congress. He has shown both humility and leadership from his lesson learned in Iraq. Jones advocates a realist approach to foreign policy focused on rebuilding America rather than hostile nations abroad. He is a man of tremendous faith, guided by Christian principles throughout his life, and would create a humbler environment in the White House compared to the past few presidents. His candidacy is one that stands out, and which offers a clear contrast to the liberalism of Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden.

We at the Des Moines Register urge Iowans to caucus for Congressman Jones on Tuesday, January 3rd.

The endorsement will be heavily emphasized in campaign messaging and in local radio ads across Iowa leading up to the caucus.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 07:04:31 PM »

Surrogates for Jones: Iowa Caucus

Sarah Palin

Woohoo, Iowa! Caucus day is here, and ya know what that means? A bunch of these good-for-nothin' politicians are gonna be barnstorming and raising a ruckus, begging for your votes. How many votes do they really deserve, though? These folks have been causing the problems in Washington we average Americans are dealing with! Christie won't help ya, and Fletcher won't either. They're part of the swamp. But my man Walter Jones is the right kind of guy!

Walter is gonna take care of our proud men and women in the forces. He'll put an end to crony capitalism and Washington as we know it! He's just a fellow with tremendous character, and he'll put a stop to Obama and Hillary and all the rest of 'em! Can ya ask for anything better than that? So, go out there and caucus for Walter Jones, people!

Bobby Jindal

You know, when I ran for President earlier, it was to advance true conservative principles. Now isn't the time for me, but I decided to back someone who shared my ideals. That's why I'm strongly behind Congressman Jones. I look at Walter's record and he's got principle like no one else running. He's been for low taxes, lower spending, repealing Obamacare, and taking care of veterans. He's also a man of faith, you know. Politicians ordinarily don't really preach the word of God, but Walter Jones does, ladies and gentlemen. He's a Christian through and through, and he'll work to advance pro-life and pro-marriage principles in the White House.

I've been doing my part to making sure that this campaign goes full steam ahead. For all of my past supporters, I say this: If you live in Iowa, go out there for Walter Jones on Tuesday. Let's show Washington that they're about to have a big surprise on their hands.

Steve King

Everyone's been wondering: When am I gonna endorse someone? *laughs* Well, that time is finally here, and I'm firmly behind my colleague in the House, Walter Jones. He's just a gem of a person and I know this from working with him. Not only is he a conservative, but he's an honest one. He cares about this country deeply and that's why he's running for President, not to advance his career or get a big payout from lobbyists.

As you all know, one of my big issues is border security and immigration, and I can tell you this: Congressman Jones is the toughest candidate out there by far on the border. He'll put a stop to illegal immigration, clamp down on these gangs from Mexico and other countries, and fix our broken immigration system so it actually protects Americans. He's an exceptional candidate on all of the important issues.

Iowa is dear to my heart. I'm proud to represent the people of my district. Now, I tell everyone in my district and in the rest of Iowa to go out there and caucus for someone who will truly represent Iowa values. Walter Jones, January 3rd. I'll be there.

Michele Bachmann

Walter's a good friend of mine and he's a terrific Congressman. I say this as someone who's harsher on people in Washington like no other. But what makes Walter different is that he's really out there looking for you, the American people. He's a candidate for the people, by the people, and of the people. He won't listen to these government bureaucrats or lobbyists tell him what to do. He's fiercely independent and he'll put a stop to the big government spread by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.

For all you Tea Party people out there too, hear me out. Walter Jones is the right man for you. He'll put a stop to this rising national debt. He'll cut taxes and repeal the monstrosity known as Obamacare. Most importantly, he'll put America first in every decision he makes. We've got to be organized this election and find the right candidate for November. That means we can't pick a Chris Christie, Ron Paul, or Ernie Fletcher. Walter Jones is the only man who can win in November and actually get conservative principles done.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 07:20:05 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: Faith

I am a Christian.

This means more than words. This means I must stay true to my family, friends, neighbors, and God.

I count on the Lord to show me the right path in life. Though I may not always know what's ahead, I'm bounded by my trust in Him.

I try to serve God every day of my life, no matter what I do. I am not perfect. I have sinned. But, I try to repent and hope that I can reverse the pain I have caused others.

This is the philosophy of my life. It's been true as a husband, a father, a businessman, and a Congressman. If I'm elected President, I will be the same in the White House.

I will serve according to my faith.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 07:34:53 PM »

Walter Jones Ad: People of Iowa

These are the people of Iowa.

These are hardworking people. People who care for their families. People who go to church. People who help out in their communities.

These are people who know that change in Washington is needed. That's why they're supporting Walter Jones for President.

"Walter Jones is the only guy out there who really cares about people like me! All these politicians talk a good game, but he's out there stumping for the average guy. He's lived out here on these farms and he knows our struggle."

"Walter Jones respects our troops. He knows the cost of war back here, even in little Iowa. Who else talks about these issues the way he does? I served in World War II, and every veteran out there knows the struggle we have to face. A President Jones would take care of veterans like we deserve."

"Walter Jones would make sure farmers and small business owners like myself actually get the help they deserve. We've been strangled for too long out here from politicians who only care about our votes. Why don't we elect someone who actually means what he says the way Congressman Jones does? Then we get actually see this country get better!"

All of these Iowans agree: Walter Jones is the right choice for them.

I'm Walter Jones and I approve this message.

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies