Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:44:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0 (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Biden approval ratings thread, 1.0  (Read 289771 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2021, 03:14:54 PM »

Once the infrastructure bills are signed into law, it will go up again.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2021, 02:07:50 PM »

The public hast lost its collective mind if - any I say a big if - they actually want the Republican Party just remotely back in power. After what they have done the last couple of years, an anti-intellectual, anti-science, voter suppressing and racebaiting party that in large parts openly despises democracy and either embraced or downplayed an insurrection/coup attempt should have no business in governing and winning elections for the rest of this decade. For four years, they have embraced or ignored corruption, selfenrichment, utter neglance and gross incompetence at the highest levels of government. I can't really comprehend how anyone would want this back?

I know the Democrats aren't prefect and especially need to get better in explaining their policies, but come on. They're not remotely the same. Does anyone think Cuomo would have been gone as a Republican? Just to name one out of dozens examples. The Republican Party of today needs to be completely destroyed and then rebuild as a sane right of center, conservative party. And Trump and his cronies finally need to be held accountable for their wrongdoings.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 03:58:37 PM »

An important number:

More polls on issues:

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2021, 02:58:21 PM »

As I said a few weeks ago, it's going to go back up now that Afghanistan is finished and we're about to pass the infrastructure bill and a huge reconciliation package.

The only thing that could keep it down is if the Taliban captures some sympathetic American or SIV and makes a big deal about it.  You know the media's just frothing at the mouth to show an American getting executed and say "this is all because Biden abandoned Afghanistan."

Agreed. That's also why the claim the media is biased towards the Democrats is pretty much not true. They helped to elect Trump by giving so much airtime for ratings and cash. And I'm sure if he decided to stay in Afghanistan, the media would how polls the public supporting an exit all over again and accuse Biden of being a warmonger who makes decisions against the people's will.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 03:11:52 PM »

85-12% among Democrats is a bit unrealistic, isn't it? Who are these 12%? Progressives disappointed not more legislation is already passed? I fully understand that and wish more would already be in the books, but come on, there's not much Joe Biden can do than he's already.

Independets are kinda weird, as they voted for him by twelve points. Seems like (white) indies are pretty anti-incumbent regardless of party. Trump's numbers amon them were always in the tank and even Obama lost them in 2012.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 03:07:17 PM »

We are now almost back above water despite all of the negative news covfefe!

Could also be a small 9/11 rally around the flag bump in combination with the Afghanistan debacle fading away in the news.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2021, 01:39:26 PM »

Meh, looks like there's more to it than Afghanistan. But you can thank Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema as they are in the way of passing good legislation.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2021, 03:22:34 PM »

What’s the matter with this country?

We finally get a leader who isn’t a total nutjob after 4 years of lunacy and he’s underwater in approval.

Part of the explanation is certainly the lack of legislative successes thanks to Sinema and Manchin. Eight months in and there hasn't been a major legislation on the president's desk since March after he campaigned as the pragmatist who can get stuff done. People tend to overestimate the president's power in office, especially when it comes to making big changes that require legislation.

However, if they really want Trump back, the public has lost its collective mind.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2021, 05:26:43 AM »

I really don't get it. I always thought it's because not more gets done in congress, however, I'm not sure whether there's not more to it. Maybe Democratic policies aren't as popular as liberals and progressives in mostly academic circles (let alone Europe) think they are and Trump was basically just barely voted out of office because he was uniquely unlikeable and scandal-plagued figure. Maybe not even because of the latter, since no scandal seems to stick long term. I mean, he de facto supported a insurrection. After that you would assume that he and his party are out of business for the rest of the decade.

People may just not care about all these scandals as long as [Trump] represents their cultural convictions and as long as other problems like inflation, deindustralization and poor wages continue to exist. I personally still believe center-left policies are better to address these issues and Democrats do hilariously poor in selling their solutions.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2021, 05:25:51 PM »

I really don't get these numbers. You approve policies of this administration, you approve Biden's agenda but why in the hell you disapprove his presidency?

Yup. Dems are just hilariously inept in selling their accomplishments and policies.

FDR did extremely well.  People were concerned about the growth of the role of government, but not if it made life better for them or saved the system. Full-blown Gilded-era plutocracy was no longer available, so people who believed in plutocracy had to choose between the New Deal that staved off revolution, Hitlerism, or Stalinism. The choices are not so stark now. 
The electorate was 95% white then. There was no social media, cable television, or talk radio. Remove those changes and Biden does a lot better, too.

This is so tue

Unfortunately, in the era of social media facts don't matter, which is why 63% in the new WaPo-ABC poll said Biden has accomplished “not very much” or “little or nothing” so far in his presidency despite the fact the he is on currently track to beat both trump and bill Clinton when it comes to Major bills that he has successfully passed

Public perception and reality are vastly different. The same is true with congress, that has like -70% approval rating and most imcumbents still win reelection.

I also remember reports from Kentucky Trump voters why they voted for him although they depended on Obamacare. All of them said they never expected him to undo the bill, just fix fit. Clearly not what Republicans talked about ever since 2010.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2021, 03:19:30 PM »

I really don't get it. Yes, there needs to be more done about inflation and the Afghanistan withdrawl was messy, but come on. One of the lowest unemployment rates ever, competent vaccine rollout, major infrastructure bill passed instead of one infrastructure weeks after another, re-engagement with Western allies, a second major pience of legislation is about to be passed and no scandal concerning the president or his inner circle. Actually Biden's number should be a lot better.

Can you just attribute this to the Democrats messaging, or are these policies not that popular (contrary to polling on individual issues). Or - and I know this may read arrogant and lecturing - are people just ignorant and don't pay attention?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2021, 03:10:18 PM »

Good, though the House would still be lost for Democrats in this territory. Keeping the senate would be a real possibility here.

I think most important is controlling inflation now and do a better job in selling accomplishments, especially if/when BBB finally passes.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2021, 04:32:38 PM »

This guy drives me up a wall.

Yes Josh, completely ignore the more important fact that the exact same poll shows Biden's approval rating greatly improving.

I wonder whether these polls even mean much. Most people disapproving of him would answer "hurt" anyway, no matter what he did. The same was probably true for Trump in reverse as well.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2022, 02:30:15 PM »

Press X for doubt.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 02:40:53 PM »

HOLY sh**t.
Lol Quinnipiac is trash
Yes.. in that it has a extreme democratic lean.

Not anymore.  They did at one time, but they did some methodology adjustments and seem to have overcompensated.  For the past year or so they've been among the most R-friendly pollsters.

That said, it's useful to look at trends even for pollsters that lean to one side or the other.

Yeah, seems they have changed their methology, now producing extreme results in the other direction. Quinnipiac should just quit polling alltoghter.

With polarization and hyperpartisanship like in this time and age, it's virtually impossible for any president regardless of party to drop below the high 30s.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 03:00:42 PM »

From the same poll: only 33% of Americans want Trump to run again

If 2024 is a rematch, it could be worse than 2016 for historically disliked candidates

You would expect the Republicans get A LOT more than a point advantage in generic ballot with Biden at freakin' 33%. This entire poll is trash.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2022, 03:44:27 PM »

Tough numbers in a state Biden only lost by 1.34%. He seems to be getting drubbed badly in swing states, which is roughly what I expected. His numbers are likely being buoyed by monolithic support in Dem stronghold areas.

I'm not sure whether I buy these statewide disapprovals. If I remember correctly, they showed Trump in equally territory in many swing states in 2017-19, and he still won them in 2020 or came within five percent or far less.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2022, 03:56:56 PM »

Biden term is up in 2024 anyways this Midterm is gonna be a referendum usually per Gallup not always  if a Prez fails to make 50 percent he loses reelection and it's not gonna take much for Rs to win MI,, PA or WI again

So 304 freiwall has collapsed?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2022, 04:50:49 AM »

If Democrats weren't useless and stupid at branding it wouldn't be like this.

Indeed, even though inflation is a problem that Biden has limited control of, the economic growth and job numbers and lack of an actual scandal would suggest the president have a higher approval rating.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2022, 02:26:06 PM »

It will be interesting to see how long this lasts. Why is is that Biden's approvals have gone back up again? Is it because of Ukraine? Or perhaps because the pandemic is finally winding down? If Biden's approvals were to continue on this trajectory, it might reduce the extent of the electoral losses Democrats suffer.

Ukraine and his very strong State of the Union Address.

However, I think it will go down again at some point, especially if energy prices and inflation in general keeps going up.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2022, 04:59:12 PM »

ABC News/Ipsos (March 11-12)

Biden approval on...
COVID: 56/42 (was 50/49 in January)
Russia/Ukraine: 48/51 (was 41/56 in January)
Climate Change: 44/54 (was 47/51 in January)
Economic Recovery: 41/58 (was 42/56 in January)
Crime: 40/58 (was 34/64 in January)
Immigration: 39/59 (was 34/64 in January)
Inflation: 29/70 (was 29/69 in January)
Gas Prices: 28/70

https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2022-03/Topline%20ABC_Ipsos%20Poll%20March%2012%202022%209%20am%20Embargo.pdf

The fact that pollsters continue to ask about "approval" on issues such as inflation and gas prices is just .... mindboggling
What’s interesting is that. 77% support banning Russian imports even if it leads to higher gas prices

Yeah, that's pretty much the logic of voters. I know people use to mock Americans for being stupid, but it's not that much different Europe. People would support more spending on a lot items as well, though everybody already complains about paying too much taxes.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2022, 01:11:25 PM »

The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, March 26-29, 1500 adults including 1313 RV

Adults:

Approve 42 (-1)
Disapprove 48 (nc)

Strongly approve 18 (-2)
Strongly disapprove 38 (+2)

RV:

Approve 45 (nc)
Disapprove 49 (nc)

Strongly approve 20 (-2)
Strongly disapprove 40 (+1)

GCB (RV only): D 41 (-2), R 39 (nc)

I really wonder why Republicans are struggling in the generic ballot question. Even the Quinnipiac poll with Biden in the mid 30s had them just a single point ahead. Not that I think 2022 will be a very Democratic-friendly year at all, but it's still remarkable.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2022, 03:06:04 PM »

Quinnipiac, April 21-25, 1409 RV (2-week change)

Approve 40 (+5)
Disapprove 51 (-4)

Strongly approve 20 (nc)
Strongly disapprove 44 (-1)

This is Biden's best showing in this poll since early March.

In the same poll, Republicans have just a three point edge in the congressional ballot. Kinda suspicious. Quinnipiac as far as I know doesn't have a good track record in recent cycles.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2022, 03:24:26 PM »

Biden Approvals were never 33% in QU, Biden is gonna probably end up at 50% in all the polls by Eday Reuters had him at 45/50

The nation was far too divided at this point for any president to drop to 33% approval rating. Even Trump wasn't that low other than a few outlier polls.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2022, 03:25:48 AM »

Fox, CNN, and MSNBC should fire their entire pundit staffs and just air an olawakandi live stream 24/7 like The Truman Show.

Their ratings would go through the roof that make the God Emperor look like peanuts. Trump would be so jealous and start attacking OC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies