COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:43:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 201
Author Topic: COVID-19 Megathread 5: The Trumps catch COVID-19  (Read 269281 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: April 24, 2020, 01:37:40 AM »

Bad news: Elizabeth Warren's brother has died from the virus. My deepest condolences Sad

Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #651 on: April 24, 2020, 01:53:04 AM »

How the  can anyone justify voting for such a dumb individual.
Smeulders
Rookie
Belgium

« Reply #652 on: April 24, 2020, 02:25:05 AM »

For anyone who still supports this guy, this is your wake-up call. Look at this. We deserve better than this.

Donald Trump actually predicted that the left-wing media will report him as misconstruing his enthusiasm for the results about UV sunlight and alcohols' effect on the Corona-virus.

It was not that bad if anyone watched the briefing. Donald was asking Dr Birx great questions about how best to use these new results.

The media was very excited about the results and asked a great question about sunlight.

"If sunlight is so great, then should we ask people to go outside more to avoid infection?"

We are not getting any interesting scientific discussion of these new results here. We are getting the "Tweet - I Hate Trump" brigade hijacking the thread daily with their political bent and missing some of the really interesting outcomes that were discussed today.

The effect of summer heat and humidity is worth discussing.

These are not "great questions". These are questions I would expect from an 8-year old who just learned UV-light and disinfectant are used to kill viruses on hospital equipment.

Even if they were great questions about speculative treatments, then a nationally televised press conference is not the place to ask them. It is the place for concrete information. Last time Trump talked about a speculative treatment people who actually needed that drug lost access because idiots inspired by Trump started hoarding (and taking) it. At least this time he didn't skip straight to declaring it a miracle cure. Let's hope that means this time no one will try to self-administer.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #653 on: April 24, 2020, 02:39:57 AM »

Someone’s getting in on this for her ‘24 run.

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #654 on: April 24, 2020, 05:33:36 AM »

It's hard to top everything he's said before, but Trump pretty much topped all the other stupid sh** he's said before yesterday by telling people to essentially inject clorox to cure the virus. My god we are doomed.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #655 on: April 24, 2020, 05:44:05 AM »

Are we sure about that? I thought that Mississippi or West Virginia would have the highest.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #656 on: April 24, 2020, 06:25:40 AM »

The only running that Haley is likely to be doing within the next four years involves being chased by an angry mob.

What?
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #657 on: April 24, 2020, 06:28:43 AM »

"I see the disenfectant knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we could do something like that? By... injection inside or... almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number and so I'd be interested to check that"

Denaturation and oxidation of healthy living cells.  Throwing off the very delicate pH balance of the blood and potentially inducing metabolic alkalosis.  A cascade of alkali necrosis as the agent enters the bloodstream.  

Good. Lord.  

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #658 on: April 24, 2020, 06:42:22 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 07:10:57 AM by GP270watch »

Starting to forget what it's like to not have a brain dead president who recommends we look into injecting bleach on live TV.

Somebody on Twitter posted a split between Trump and Angela Merkel explaining Covid-19 related topics, I had many thoughts but no words.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #659 on: April 24, 2020, 07:06:03 AM »

Starting to forget what it's like to not have a brain dead president who recommends we look into injecting bleach on live TV.

Somebody on Twitter posted a split between Trump and Angela Merkel, explaining Covid-19 related topics, I had many thoughts but no words.

And you couldn't really make the claim that Angela Merkel is an outstanding politician IMO, it's just that she is and acts like a normal human being.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #660 on: April 24, 2020, 07:15:22 AM »

Petition to shut this thread down and create

COVID-19 Megathread V: My Body, My Choice

[X] Tender

Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #661 on: April 24, 2020, 07:16:21 AM »

Petition to shut this thread down and create

COVID-19 Megathread V: My Body, My Choice

• Tender

Motion seconded

[ X] DTT
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #662 on: April 24, 2020, 07:31:21 AM »

The only running that Haley is likely to be doing within the next four years involves being chased by an angry mob.

What?

If Haley and McConnell get their way, there will be austerity riots.

Particularly the latter. I was absolutely disgusted when McConnell said that states should consider declaring bankruptcy. That only seems like it would exacerbate the economic troubles and further destabilize the market. Moreover, Republicans have paid disproportionate attention to small businesses, out of all the people and organizations needing assistance in this crisis. Now, small business is important, and needs a significant amount of assistance, but more aid ought to be directed to expand our testing apparatus, improve the inequities in our healthcare system, and provide firmer benefits guarantees for employees.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #663 on: April 24, 2020, 07:31:51 AM »

"I see the disenfectant knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we could do something like that? By... injection inside or... almost a cleaning, cause you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number and so I'd be interested to check that"

Denaturation and oxidation of healthy living cells.  Throwing off the very delicate pH balance of the blood and potentially inducing metabolic alkalosis.  A cascade of alkali necrosis as the agent enters the bloodstream.  

Good. Lord.  

Trumptinis get the job done in one shot. Guaranteed.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #664 on: April 24, 2020, 07:34:55 AM »

If they did contact tracing for stupidity, this is a good starting point.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #665 on: April 24, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »

Before suggesting injecting Lysol, he actually said "I'm not a doctor but I have a big you-know-what".

Not only dangerous, but supremely embarrassing.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #666 on: April 24, 2020, 07:47:06 AM »

Before suggesting injecting Lysol, he actually said "I'm not a doctor but I have a big you-know-what".

Not only dangerous, but supremely embarrassing.
Stormy Daniels would beg to differ.
JRP1994

« Reply #667 on: April 24, 2020, 08:36:52 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 08:40:31 AM by JRP1994 »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/lysol-manufacturer-warns-against-internal-use-after-trump-comments-n1191586?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

"WASHINGTON — The manufacturer of Lysol, a disinfectant spray and cleaning product, and the EPA both issued statements warning against any internal use after President Donald Trump suggested that people could get an "injection" of "the disinfectant that knocks (coronavirus) out in a minute."

"As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route)," said a spokesperson for Reckitt Benckiser, the United Kingdom-based owner of Lysol, in a statement to NBC News."
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #668 on: April 24, 2020, 08:41:16 AM »

A very stable genius.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #669 on: April 24, 2020, 08:47:37 AM »

Imagine if the news media displayed at all times the death counts for every other illness. No one would ever leave their home! Absolute fear mongering. Reopen the US economy.

Do Trump supporters understand the connection between death counts, death rate and transmission rate?

Their leader thinks injecting disinfectants could work to cure covid and windmills cause cancer. What do you expect?
forgotten manatee
bluecat
United States

« Reply #670 on: April 24, 2020, 08:49:19 AM »

I can't believe that as the US approaches 50,000 deaths and 1 million cases, the President decided to recommend UV bursts and disinfectant injections as promising methods to combat COVID. Just completely absurd. Impossible to believe that he is taking this seriously at all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #671 on: April 24, 2020, 08:50:03 AM »

Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #672 on: April 24, 2020, 08:52:48 AM »

SEIU Healthcare Wisconsin organized the placement of 1,300 candles on the Capitol steps Thursday, April 23, 2020, in recognition of every person in Wisconsin who has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

From an article about today's protest and last night's counter protest.

Here are two more pictures of the counter-protest, taken by the same photographer.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #673 on: April 24, 2020, 09:07:56 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 09:13:16 AM by GoTfan »

Why is no one talking about the fact that remdesivir has been proven to be snake oil?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #674 on: April 24, 2020, 09:11:09 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2020, 09:14:13 AM by GP270watch »

FDA cautions against use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for COVID-19 outside of the hospital setting or a clinical trial due to risk of heart rhythm problems

Why is no one taliing about the fact that remdesivir has been proven to be snake oil?

Outside of Wallstreet I think most people were skeptical of this drug.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 201  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies