Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:48:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 292862 times)
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6650 on: November 10, 2022, 03:21:54 PM »

By the way, if Democrats indeed fall short of a single seat, you could also blame Charlie Crist instead of New York Democrats. He threw away a swing district in Florida for a vanity run that he could never win. Should have remained in the House and let some other sacraficial lamb lose to DeSandwich.

On the other hand, Andy Levin also could be blamed for running against fellow Democrat in super-safe district instead of running for a swing MI-10, which he would probably won
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6651 on: November 10, 2022, 03:22:13 PM »

ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« Reply #6652 on: November 10, 2022, 03:22:31 PM »

Nepotism wins? Or did Cuban-Americans just like Trump and reverted back to the mean?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6653 on: November 10, 2022, 03:22:40 PM »

Well, Biden will win primary very easily if he decides to run (very, very likely). He is effective leader for Democrats, relatively popular with base and relatively unpolarizating figure. There is no reason for him not to run (except health issues), and there is no reason for the base to reject him

Biden isn't that popular with the base... when compared to other Dems (he is popular compared to a Republican opponent).

He's not even winning the latest NH primary poll- I think he only has like 16% support... Buttigieg has 17% support and 4 or 5 others are spread out between Biden & Harris (who is 6th or 7th with single digit support).

And this will only continue to grow- bc the almost universal reason Dems give for not wanting him to run- is his age...  and he will be even older 2 years from now.
If Biden announces he’ll run for reelection, he’ll run unopposed. And his support from the party will rise dramatically, just like it did once he became the nominee in 2020.

Wasn’t there chatter among democrats back in 2011 for Hillary to replace Obama after his shellacking?

And realistically, who else would Democrats run? Harris and Buttigieg would lose in landslides. The country isn’t going to elect a gay man or a black women.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6654 on: November 10, 2022, 03:23:07 PM »

God help us all if Hobbs wins by something like 0.3%. Lake is gonna explode.

You know what? F ck her.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6655 on: November 10, 2022, 03:23:39 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2022, 03:27:12 PM by Mr.Phips »

By the way, if Democrats indeed fall short of a single seat, you could also blame Charlie Crist instead of New York Democrats. He threw away a swing district in Florida for a vanity run that he could never win. Should have remained in the House and let some other sacraficial lamb lose to DeSandwich.

On the other hand, Andy Levin also could be blamed for running against fellow Democrat in super-safe district instead of running for a swing MI-10, which he would probably won

How about Tom Suozzi making a suicide run for governor against Hochul in the primary?  Maybe he would have held NY-03.

Same goes for Kathleen Rice in NY-04.  Heck even Ron Kind probably would have held WI-03 given how close the actually race was as an open seat.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6656 on: November 10, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »

If Biden announces he’ll run for reelection, he’ll run unopposed.
Probably yes, or just with token opposition.

But I still hope that he decides against running.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6657 on: November 10, 2022, 03:25:21 PM »

Well, Biden will win primary very easily if he decides to run (very, very likely). He is effective leader for Democrats, relatively popular with base and relatively unpolarizating figure. There is no reason for him not to run (except health issues), and there is no reason for the base to reject him

Biden isn't that popular with the base... when compared to other Dems (he is popular compared to a Republican opponent).

He's not even winning the latest NH primary poll- I think he only has like 16% support... Buttigieg has 17% support and 4 or 5 others are spread out between Biden & Harris (who is 6th or 7th with single digit support).

And this will only continue to grow- bc the almost universal reason Dems give for not wanting him to run- is his age...  and he will be even older 2 years from now.
If Biden announces he’ll run for reelection, he’ll run unopposed. And his support from the party will rise dramatically, just like it did once he became the nominee in 2020.

Wasn’t there chatter among democrats back in 2011 for Hillary to replace Obama after his shellacking?

And realistically, who else would Democrats run? Harris and Buttigieg would lose in landslides. The country isn’t going to elect a gay man or a black women.

I think the country could be open to a gay man. Just not Buttigieg. My reasoning for it is that Polis had been the top vote getter two times a row in the past two Colorado midterms, and while Colorado is obviously blue, he’s still a proven winner even in some Trump-curious areas.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6658 on: November 10, 2022, 03:26:11 PM »

Even worse, James is now the governor in waiting in 2026.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6659 on: November 10, 2022, 03:26:34 PM »

Than who?

While I do think Biden wants a second term, I think he would gladly step aside if there was a prominent Democrat who could win.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6660 on: November 10, 2022, 03:26:47 PM »

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #6661 on: November 10, 2022, 03:27:32 PM »

I think the country could be open to a gay man. Just not Buttigieg. My reasoning for it is that Polis had been the top vote getter two times a row in the past two Colorado midterms, and while Colorado is obviously blue, he’s still a proven winner even in some Trump-curious areas.

US voting intention 2024: masc4masc?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6662 on: November 10, 2022, 03:27:54 PM »

Yes… ha ha ha… YES!

Yes.... fight, fight, fight!

But she said Ron DeSantis has BDE (Big D**k Energy) before... lmao.

Lake being a size queen is not mutually exclusive with her being a backbiting narcissist.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #6663 on: November 10, 2022, 03:28:00 PM »

Call it, CCM has this one in the bag. Harry Reid sends his regards.
new_patomic

« Reply #6664 on: November 10, 2022, 03:28:09 PM »

SCNCmod

« Reply #6665 on: November 10, 2022, 03:28:51 PM »

Not that its a very Bold prediction- But Wes Moore is highly likely to be a Dem Rock Star- and the Pres Nominee in 2028 or 2032. If he has a really successful 1st year- there could even be an outside chance that he is tapped to be the 2024 VP nominee (depending on the nominee... which Imo will def not be Biden).
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6666 on: November 10, 2022, 03:29:03 PM »

The country is def open to someone who is gay and frankly doesn’t care. But probably more “flamboyant” or “submissive” gay man.

Neither Polis or Buttigieg made it the centerpiece of their campaign, and they don’t come across as “stereotypically” gay if that makes sense.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6667 on: November 10, 2022, 03:29:30 PM »

Colorado is a very white state

Any gay man would lose a lot of black support in places like Detroit, Milwaukee and Philadelphia.

Of course, he wouldn’t win the primary either. African Americans aged 40+ basically pick the nominee and they are the most social conservative members of the Democratic Party. The media did everything they could to make Buttigieg the nominee yet went absolutely no where on Super Tuesday
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6668 on: November 10, 2022, 03:29:53 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2022, 03:41:35 PM by BlueSwan »

Than who?

While I do think Biden wants a second term, I think he would gladly step aside if there was a prominent Democrat who could win.
Whoever wins a highly competitive primary.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #6669 on: November 10, 2022, 03:31:22 PM »

Man, Polis would be America's first gay President AND its first Jewish President!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6670 on: November 10, 2022, 03:31:30 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6671 on: November 10, 2022, 03:31:39 PM »

America is still too prejudiced to vote for a twink unfortunately. However, with the overperformances of Polis and Fetterman, I think a bear would be formidable.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6672 on: November 10, 2022, 03:32:26 PM »

Apparently there's some drama and confusion surrounding the number of uncounted ballots in Clark County. Their spokesperson said 50k but that's much smaller than what people thought they had. Tough to know how to interpret that, and no recent updates from Washoe.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6673 on: November 10, 2022, 03:33:10 PM »

Vs (bi?) Ron DeSantis makes it
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6674 on: November 10, 2022, 03:33:22 PM »

The country is def open to someone who is gay and frankly doesn’t care. But probably more “flamboyant” or “submissive” gay man.

Neither Polis or Buttigieg made it the centerpiece of their campaign, and they don’t come across as “stereotypically” gay if that makes sense.

Definitely one of the posts of all time.

Again don’t mean this to come off in a bad way to anyone, just to truth. Idk what the right word is.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies