Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:29:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 ... 557
Author Topic: Official 2022 Congressional Election Results Thread  (Read 292817 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6775 on: November 10, 2022, 04:55:26 PM »

Nevada actually is still accepting ballots for two more days, but I really doubt many are coming in now.
Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« Reply #6776 on: November 10, 2022, 04:56:04 PM »

Of course, most civilized nations are able to count mail ballots at election day or the day after, even if they start counting them at the closing of the polls.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6777 on: November 10, 2022, 04:56:29 PM »

The problem isn't that they weren't in by election day - it's that laws prevent them from being tallied before election day.

Why do Democrats across the western states refuse to change those laws?

Arizona House, Senate and Governorship are Republican controlled.

That’s one state out of like, the 5 that are having problems. Stop deflecting. Why do Democrats in CA, Oregon, Washington, Nevada refuse to change those laws?
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6778 on: November 10, 2022, 04:57:14 PM »

Young voter turnout can't be understated. Exits are now 34% 18-44, which is nearly identical to 2018 (35%). A ton of polls were predicated on terrible young turnout (CBS's model kept saying 27% 18-44)

The margins in the swing states were insane. Fetterman won 18-29 year olds 70-28%!

Keeping the campaign promise to forgive student debt mattered.
As progressives have been saying over and over, this is a winning issue.

Agreed - if it’s blocked like I expect - I wonder if that’ll hurt the Dems or help them (being able to point the finger at Republicans)
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #6779 on: November 10, 2022, 04:58:52 PM »

The problem isn't that they weren't in by election day - it's that laws prevent them from being tallied before election day.

That’s one state out of like, the 5 that are having problems. Stop deflecting. Why do Democrats in CA, Oregon, Washington, Nevada refuse to change those laws?

That's not a deflection. It's not a partisan problem insomuch as a geographic one. I'd prefer the votes be counted faster but behaving like this is some sort of solely Democratic problem is disingenuous.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6780 on: November 10, 2022, 04:59:39 PM »

Looks like Aaron Ford is behind in the NV-02 parts in NV-AG by only around 4000 votes. He has a great shot of winning the seat overall if the remaining Washoe mail ballots are anywhere like before.

From the worst performing Democrat winner in 2018 to the best performing now. Wow.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #6781 on: November 10, 2022, 04:59:46 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2022, 05:03:36 PM by Miscellaneous Top Secret Crumpets »

If the ballot isn't in by election day, it doesnt count.

End this sh**t.

No. We shouldn't allow the whims/prices of the post office or private mail carriers to determine which ballots get there on time and are counted and which ones are late and don't. When I voted in 2020, I sent my ballot in from the UK weeks before the election, and it barely got there by election day. If Washington had had this standard and I couldn't have afforded to have it express mailed, or if I had tried to use DeJoy's postal service, it would have been impossible for me to vote legally.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6782 on: November 10, 2022, 05:00:00 PM »

Presumably because people in those states don't see the current system as a problem and don't care if Republicans in other states do?
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #6783 on: November 10, 2022, 05:00:09 PM »

Young voter turnout can't be understated. Exits are now 34% 18-44, which is nearly identical to 2018 (35%). A ton of polls were predicated on terrible young turnout (CBS's model kept saying 27% 18-44)

The margins in the swing states were insane. Fetterman won 18-29 year olds 70-28%!

Keeping the campaign promise to forgive student debt mattered.
As progressives have been saying over and over, this is a winning issue.

Agreed - if it’s blocked like I expect - I wonder if that’ll hurt the Dems or help them (being able to point the finger at Republicans)

Now that you say this, we'll probably never know since you have an amazing gift for predicting things incorrectly.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6784 on: November 10, 2022, 05:00:13 PM »

Is this "Ballot Progress" page on the AZ SOS website any accurate?

https://apps.arizona.vote/info/bps/2022-general-election/33/0
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6785 on: November 10, 2022, 05:00:25 PM »

I wonder if Tony Evers won WI-03. Lions like it’d be really close.

I wonder if Dems goofed on WI-03. Van Orden only won by 4%.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6786 on: November 10, 2022, 05:00:57 PM »

That's not a deflection. It's not a partisan problem insomuch as a geographic one. I'd prefer the votes be counted faster but behaving like this is some sort of solely Democratic problem is disingenuous.

So is it a problem with the laws, or a problem with geography? And why do Democratic states have these problems much worse than Republican ones?
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #6787 on: November 10, 2022, 05:01:58 PM »

I wonder if Ron Kind is regretting retiring now.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #6788 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:06 PM »

Even more confusion w.r.t. AZ ballots remaining

I am generally very kind to the election runners here, but I am confused why it’s so difficult to provide the number of outstanding ballots, their “method” and party composition.
AZDem
Rookie

« Reply #6789 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:12 PM »

You mean in AZ where we've had 2 GOP governors and a fully crazy GOP house and senate since 2009? It's their fault things haven't changed, not the Dems. And even when Napolitano was governor from '02-''09 the house and senate were still full of GOP crazies and the only thing they ever really accomplished but passing yearly budget without cutting taxes.

The same crazies that are now screaming FRAUD! because the counting is taking the same amount of time is always does. Every close race since at least 2006 has taken a week or more to count. It's nothing new.

The GQP is just pissed because now every important race is close and they're losing their iron grip on the state and we're becoming more like CO.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #6790 on: November 10, 2022, 05:02:14 PM »

Kind probably would have narrowly held on based on what we saw elsewhere, but beyond that, Pfaff was probably the strongest Democrat.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6791 on: November 10, 2022, 05:03:13 PM »

You mean in AZ where we've had 2 GOP governors and a fully crazy GOP house and senate since 2009? It's their fault things haven't changed, not the Dems. And even when Napolitano was governor from '02-''09 the house and senate were still full of GOP crazies and the only thing they ever really accomplished but passing yearly budget without cutting taxes.

The same crazies that are now screaming FRAUD! because the counting is taking the same amount of time is always does. Every close race since at least 2006 has taken a week or more to count. It's nothing new.

The GQP is just pissed because now every important race is close and they're losing their iron grip on the state and we're becoming more like CO.

I’m not talking about AZ. I’m talking about CA, NV, OR, WA, where these problems are worst.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6792 on: November 10, 2022, 05:03:47 PM »

Presumably because people in those states don't see the current system as a problem and don't care if Republicans in other states do?
But it is a problem. The rest of the country thinks it’s a problem.

The 2020 presidential election couldn’t be called until Nevada finished counting. The Arizona senate race determined control. House control came down to several races in California.

Same thing is happening two years later. Who controls the United States government affects the entire world. If votes can be counted quickly, they should. Other US states and cities count quickly. Brazil, a nation of 215 million people, counts the entire vote in hours.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6793 on: November 10, 2022, 05:04:32 PM »

Per CNN, that batch will not be included in tonight's result.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6794 on: November 10, 2022, 05:05:46 PM »

This "Ballot Progress" page on AZ's SOS website appears accurate:

https://apps.arizona.vote/info/bps/2022-general-election/33/0

For example:

Greenlee is also shown a completed on the "Ballot Progress" page.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6795 on: November 10, 2022, 05:05:47 PM »

It begins:

Yeahsayyeah

Political Matrix
E: -9.25, S: -8.15

« Reply #6796 on: November 10, 2022, 05:06:13 PM »

On the other hand, most civilized countries don't have this ridiculously long transition/lame duck period, because they don't have to get to Washington on horseback, so these snail pace counts don't matter that much in essence. But, for demcocracy and the trust in institutions it would be clearly better to know who won the next morning and not somewhere at a random moment while doing last minute Christmas shopping.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6797 on: November 10, 2022, 05:06:41 PM »

I know PredictIt is wild so take them with a grain of salt. But Hobbs odds sky rocketed and Lakes fell …. Then all of a sudden a reversal back to original stance (Lake 68 / Hobbs high 30’s)

Did something change in that period or?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6798 on: November 10, 2022, 05:07:22 PM »

So do we all want to agree that there should be a NATIONAL standard for conduct of an election and counting ballots?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6799 on: November 10, 2022, 05:07:32 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 276 277 ... 557  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies