FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:21:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120650 times)
emailking
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: August 12, 2022, 07:13:04 PM »

Nicole Wallace, Joy Reid, and Chris Hayes have also been on vacation all week which has sucked because I keep wanting to hear their takes lol.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1076 on: August 12, 2022, 07:13:58 PM »

I hadn't put it together until just now, but Tucker Carlson has been on vacation all week.  No wonder Fuzzy Bear has been absent from this thread, and why conservatives at large have been either silent or scrambling for something to talk about.  Poor folks must be totally lost at sea!  Great timing for your vacay, Tucker. Roll Eyes

Rest at ease, I think tonight is the night Tulsi is covering for him, which should be just as much of a spectacle as Tucker's return.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1077 on: August 12, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »

Attacking a poster not here is infra dig. I dissent. I would far prefer that I were attacked in his stead, as one who is here. I mean that.
Red Velvet
Brazil

« Reply #1078 on: August 12, 2022, 07:38:36 PM »

I hadn't put it together until just now, but Tucker Carlson has been on vacation all week.  No wonder Fuzzy Bear has been absent from this thread, and why conservatives at large have been either silent or scrambling for something to talk about.  Poor folks must be totally lost at sea!  Great timing for your vacay, Tucker. Roll Eyes

Aren’t they saying it’s politically motivated?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1079 on: August 12, 2022, 07:40:33 PM »

Attacking a poster not here is infra dig. I dissent. I would far prefer that I were attacked in his stead, as one who is here. I mean that.

It's not like he's been banned, or is otherwise incapable of contributing his thoughts like he usually doesn't hesitate to do.  The bodies of the Uvalde children were still warm when he injected his "mah gunnns!!" opinions into that thread, for example.

However, and I say this charitably and earnestly, hopefully he's taking some time away from the internet this week for the sake of his own mental health.  It hasn't been a good week to be a loyal Trump supporter.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1080 on: August 12, 2022, 07:41:05 PM »

Well, since you asked...

Whattaya mean with that Latin stuff?  You calling us a bunch of pigs or something?  Talk American!!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1081 on: August 12, 2022, 07:47:57 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2022, 07:53:14 PM by Torie »

Well, since you asked...

Whattaya mean with that Latin stuff?  You calling us a bunch of pigs or something?  Talk American!!

About 3 score years ago, Bill Buckley taught this particular  Godless and church-less WASP that bon mot.  Sunglasses  I have become ever more insufferable since, and I relish going to hell for it. Oh yes, I find the American accent (and sadly I am saddled with the standard one, that originated in the upscale northern suburbs of Chicago of all things - who knew?), flat and boring. In my next life, I want to talk like David Cameron. And I prefer the term "boot" to "hood." Fancy that. Your turn.  Angel
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1082 on: August 12, 2022, 07:56:20 PM »

It's not like he's been banned, or is otherwise incapable of contributing his thoughts like he usually doesn't hesitate to do.  The bodies of the Uvalde children were still warm when he injected his "mah gunnns!!" opinions into that thread, for example.

However, and I say this charitably and earnestly, hopefully he's taking some time away from the internet this week for the sake of his own mental health.  It hasn't been a good week to be a loyal Trump supporter.

David Brooks tonight on PBS just mused the way I did on this very forum after consuming an edible. The odds are higher now that Trump will be elected POTUS from a jail cell. I think American voters by and large suck. So there.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1083 on: August 12, 2022, 08:00:18 PM »

Anybody who unnecessarily injects Latin into a conversation is engaging in argumentum ad verecundiam, and is persona non grata as far as I'm concerned.  Anyway, apologies for this non sequitur contribution to this thread.  Mea culpa.
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1084 on: August 12, 2022, 08:13:07 PM »

Disgusting but it’s also stunning  how they don’t understand Pinochet was literally the Chilean version of the “deep state” overthrowing a populist leader .

Yes, but we assume these brainless troglodytes are able to comprehend actual facts.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1085 on: August 12, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »

Well, Fox News is not reacting well.

“This is the judge in charge of the … of the warrant and we’ll see if he’s going to release it next. He likes Oreos and whiskey,” Kilmeade said.

See, again: FOX News keeps saying this like it's a bad thing.  

That sounds like a regular Friday night to me.  
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1086 on: August 12, 2022, 08:22:22 PM »

This seems like a stretch.

They're going to put Trump in jail for ten years for possessing unclassified documents?  That doesn't pass the smell test

I'm late to the party here but let me get this straight: according to you, Trump stole a bunch of documents which legally were supposed to return to the government upon his exiting office, including numerous top secret and nuclear documents; used his psychic legal powers asserted by the Heritage Foundation to declassify these documents, without ever communicating that they were declassified; stashed them in his beach house; refused to turn them over to the government for a year and a half, breaking a law which says that keeping government documents carries a legal penalty; and finally gets them snatched back once his beach house is raided. And the part of this saga you find objectionable is that the law Trump broke did not differentiate between government documents which were and were not declassified by Trump's mind powers.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1087 on: August 12, 2022, 11:00:45 PM »

Fuzzy usually employs the tactic of posting something, then responding a couple of times and when things get too tough for him, he bails on the thread and is never seen again in there.

It seems that in this case he fast tracked to bailing lol

I have a job and a family to support  I don't rob my employer by posting on work time.

Do you have a job?  Or do you have all day to post?  If you want to disparage me you can at least answer that.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1088 on: August 12, 2022, 11:11:13 PM »

Fuzzy usually employs the tactic of posting something, then responding a couple of times and when things get too tough for him, he bails on the thread and is never seen again in there.

It seems that in this case he fast tracked to bailing lol

I have a job and a family to support  I don't rob my employer by posting on work time.

Do you have a job?  Or do you have all day to post?  If you want to disparage me you can at least answer that.

As the old saying goes: Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime. So I post on Atlas on company time.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1089 on: August 12, 2022, 11:52:53 PM »

On a side note I notice that Politician also completely disappeared.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #1090 on: August 13, 2022, 12:10:17 AM »

lmao, this pissy response is hilarious especially considering that you made more than 800 posts in the past 3 months while I only made 29 posts
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1091 on: August 13, 2022, 12:17:18 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1092 on: August 13, 2022, 01:17:10 AM »

Republicans seem very... quiet over this. They were stampeding over one another to defend Trump as soon as the news of the raid had broke, but they've largely been silent now that we know what the FBI was looking for.

We're 35 pages into this thread, and Fuzzy Bear still hasn't posted anything in it yet.  He briefly posted in some other thread two days ago that the FBI is politicized and corrupt, but otherwise… *crickets*

Well, duh.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1093 on: August 13, 2022, 01:25:56 AM »

Seriously?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1094 on: August 13, 2022, 07:42:03 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2022, 08:07:09 AM by Sbane »

lmao, this pissy response is hilarious especially considering that you made more than 800 posts in the past 3 months while I only made 29 posts

Don't use logic and reason against Fuzzy. That's not fair!
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #1095 on: August 13, 2022, 08:43:17 AM »

I’m confused: How can Trump be so sure that he declassified the evidence that the FBI planted?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1096 on: August 13, 2022, 09:10:33 AM »

What's the general Republican voter consensus here?

Fuzzy and that ilk. I'm assuming they're excusing this, deflecting it, or ignoring it?

The typical pattern is a short sentence acknowledging there is a situation and then pivoting to Hunter Biden, Hillary Clinton, "crime in Chicago" or similar and what terrible, filthy, and vile people Democrats are for tolerating and encouraging them, and hypocrites on top of that.

It would be unexpected to see engagement on the situation itself or Trump's culpability.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1097 on: August 13, 2022, 09:39:25 AM »

FORMER PRESIDENT TRUMP HAD A GENERAL DECLASSIFICATION ORDER, particularly related to the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation....

Now we know why they went in. Instead of asking for it when they were there in June they raided the thing two months later.

MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE
THE DIRECTOR OF THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

SUBJECT:    Declassification of Certain Materials Related to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct the following:

Section 1.  Declassification and Release.    At my request, on December 30, 2020, the Department of Justice provided the White House with a binder of materials related to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation.  Portions of the documents in the binder have remained classified and have not been released to the Congress or the public.  I requested the documents so that a declassification review could be performed and so I could determine to what extent materials in the binder should be released in unclassified form.

I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible.  In response, and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review, under a cover letter dated January 17, 2021, the Federal Bureau of Investigation noted its continuing objection to any further declassification of the materials in the binder and also, on the basis of a review that included Intelligence Community equities, identified the passages that it believed it was most crucial to keep from public disclosure.  I have determined to accept the redactions proposed for continued classification by the FBI in that January 17 submission.

I hereby declassify the remaining materials in the binder.  This is my final determination under the declassification review and I have directed the Attorney General to implement the redactions proposed in the FBI’s January 17 submission and return to the White House an appropriately redacted copy.

My decision to declassify materials within the binder is subject to the limits identified above and does not extend to materials that must be protected from disclosure pursuant to orders of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and does not require the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information or any other materials that must be protected from disclosure under applicable law.  Accordingly, at my direction, the Attorney General has conducted an appropriate review to ensure that materials provided in the binder may be disclosed by the White House in accordance with applicable law.

Sec. 2.  General Provisions.   (a)  Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b)  This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c)  This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

(d)  The Attorney General is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

The Memorandum was issued January 19th 2021.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1098 on: August 13, 2022, 10:07:27 AM »

FORMER PRESIDENT TRUMP HAD A GENERAL DECLASSIFICATION ORDER, particularly related to the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation....

Now we know why they went in. Instead of asking for it when they were there in June they raided the thing two months later.

SUBJECT:    Declassification of Certain Materials Related to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct the following:

Section 1.  Declassification and Release.    At my request, on December 30, 2020, the Department of Justice provided the White House with a binder of materials related to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation.  Portions of the documents in the binder have remained classified and have not been released to the Congress or the public.  I requested the documents so that a declassification review could be performed and so I could determine to what extent materials in the binder should be released in unclassified form.

I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible.  In response, and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review, under a cover letter dated January 17, 2021, the Federal Bureau of Investigation noted its continuing objection to any further declassification of the materials in the binder and also, on the basis of a review that included Intelligence Community equities, identified the passages that it believed it was most crucial to keep from public disclosure.  I have determined to accept the redactions proposed for continued classification by the FBI in that January 17 submission.

I hereby declassify the remaining materials in the binder.  This is my final determination under the declassification review and I have directed the Attorney General to implement the redactions proposed in the FBI’s January 17 submission and return to the White House an appropriately redacted copy.

My decision to declassify materials within the binder is subject to the limits identified above and does not extend to materials that must be protected from disclosure pursuant to orders of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and does not require the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information or any other materials that must be protected from disclosure under applicable law.  Accordingly, at my direction, the Attorney General has conducted an appropriate review to ensure that materials provided in the binder may be disclosed by the White House in accordance with applicable law.

Sec. 2.  General Provisions.   (a)  Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b)  This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c)  This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

(d)  The Attorney General is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

I’m not seeing how this is a “general declassification order”. It seems to be limited to a set of documents relating to Crossfire Hurricane/the Russia investigation.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1099 on: August 13, 2022, 10:16:15 AM »

DONALD J. TRUMP

I’m not seeing how this is a “general declassification order”. It seems to be limited to a set of documents relating to Crossfire Hurricane/the Russia investigation.

Yes, "general declassification order" is a figment of 2016's imagination.  Read the order and it specifically applies only to the items in one binder, and with some limitations spelled out.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies