FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:09:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120580 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: August 13, 2022, 01:13:50 PM »

Who cares how many votes Trump got? How many people watched the Cosby Show at one point or another? Popularity doesn't make you above the law, no matter how much conservatives wish that were the case.
Honestly people who love bringing up his votes seem to be making more of a threat of how many Americans will do violence if Trump is held accountable than an argument that his votes make him above the law
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #1151 on: August 13, 2022, 01:17:38 PM »

Who cares how many votes Trump got? How many people watched the Cosby Show at one point or another? Popularity doesn't make you above the law, no matter how much conservatives wish that were the case.

If Trump was a crazy with 3,000 supporters, it's one thing.

President of the United States who lost with 74 million votes and is currently leading for the nomination of one of the two major parties and in some cases, leads general election polling?

That's a whole different story.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1152 on: August 13, 2022, 01:20:47 PM »

How far will some people go to excuse anything Trump does?

How low will they sink?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1153 on: August 13, 2022, 01:22:38 PM »

President of the United States who lost with 74 million votes and is currently leading for the nomination of one of the two major parties and in some cases, leads general election polling?

I still don't care. If he's a criminal then he deserves to be locked up.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1154 on: August 13, 2022, 01:25:56 PM »

I still don't care. If he's a criminal then he deserves to be locked up.

Exactly.

What’s the logic here? That if a murderer murders someone, but he’s very popular, he shouldn’t be punished?
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1155 on: August 13, 2022, 01:41:48 PM »

So would you say the same thing about Hillary Clinton and her emails?   Why not the hesitancy back then?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1156 on: August 13, 2022, 01:44:54 PM »

So you're still saying Trump is above the law because he's popular.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1157 on: August 13, 2022, 01:46:42 PM »

My guess is even if Trump gets convicted he would not be put in the regular prison system . The DOJ probably would use an abandoned military base or even a property of his and then just fence it off .
Maybe to assuage Trump's ego, we can give him the Napoleon treatment and just make him Emperor of Niihau. He got 100% of the vote there, so he could be surrounded by fans for the rest of his life.

You realize he starts 2024 with the Republican Nomination, and a minimum of 74 million voters and 235 electoral votes, right?

That's a pretty poor reflection on those 74 million.

It's also a completely unjustified assumption that he would start with the same level of support he had in 2020.  Trump lost electoral votes and share of the popular vote from 2016 to 2020, so he could certainly do the same from 2020 to 2024.  In fact, polling suggests that he likely would do so.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1158 on: August 13, 2022, 01:51:24 PM »

My guess is even if Trump gets convicted he would not be put in the regular prison system . The DOJ probably would use an abandoned military base or even a property of his and then just fence it off .
Maybe to assuage Trump's ego, we can give him the Napoleon treatment and just make him Emperor of Niihau. He got 100% of the vote there, so he could be surrounded by fans for the rest of his life.

You realize he starts 2024 with the Republican Nomination, and a minimum of 74 million voters and 235 electoral votes, right?

It's also a completely unjustified assumption that he would start with the same level of support he had in 2020.  Trump lost electoral votes and share of the popular vote from 2016 to 2020, so he could certainly do the same from 2020 to 2024.  In fact, polling suggests that he likely would do so.

He actually went from 46% in 2016 to 47% in 2020.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #1159 on: August 13, 2022, 01:53:39 PM »

He went from 62 million in 2016 to 74 million in 2020. Assuming lower turnout, less mail in voting due to COVID being over, I still say he should win 75-80 million votes in 2024.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1160 on: August 13, 2022, 02:01:36 PM »

He actually went from 46% in 2016 to 47% in 2020.

I mean of the two-party share.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1161 on: August 13, 2022, 02:02:03 PM »

He went from 62 million in 2016 to 74 million in 2020. Assuming lower turnout, less mail in voting due to COVID being over, I still say he should win 75-80 million votes in 2024.

I suggest you consider a career in something other than political forecasting.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1162 on: August 13, 2022, 02:02:33 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1163 on: August 13, 2022, 02:07:16 PM »

I'm not going anywhere near "Truth" Social, so does anybody know if Trump has in any way denounced the shooting at the FBI building in Ohio, or the massive increase in death threats leveled against Bruce Reinhart (and his synagogue), Garland, or the FBI agents who conducted the raid?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1164 on: August 13, 2022, 02:20:52 PM »

Ok, but Biden is going to increase from 82 million to 93-97 million votes, so by your own estimation, Trump is going to do even worse in 2024 than he did when he lost in a record landslide in 2020. Damning evidence of his irrelevance. 
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1165 on: August 13, 2022, 02:35:47 PM »

The heart of the troll’s argument is that we should let our democracy die so the idiot mob doesn’t hurt us. It’s shameful, cowardly, and a betrayal of a quarter millennium of our country’s history.

If Trump supporters are willing to kill their neighbors because we don’t let them declare their crime boss daddy our owner, then our country will simply have to defeat another asshole rebellion.

It's even stupider than that, because they don't even believe that as an ideological argument. They believe "OUR cult leader should be above the law, but if the left were to have a cult leader, they should never ever be above the law and must answer for all of their crimes, real and imagined". Everybody knows that's what the real argument is, even if they won't say it out loud.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1166 on: August 13, 2022, 02:37:27 PM »

But why? (Hard-hitting and insightful political analysis, I know)

Why have those documents in the first place?

The reason probably is that Trump is an idiot and also extremely arrogant . Just as how Nixon’s paranoia caught up with him with Watergate , it seems like Trump’s idiocy and arrogance is catching up with him .

Did your account get hacked or something?!!

Listen I know some of you view blue avatars on here to be villains but we have very diverse views and nuanced views as well
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1167 on: August 13, 2022, 02:58:26 PM »

The reason probably is that Trump is an idiot and also extremely arrogant . Just as how Nixon’s paranoia caught up with him with Watergate , it seems like Trump’s idiocy and arrogance is catching up with him .

Listen I know some of you view blue avatars on here to be villains but we have very diverse views and nuanced views as well

I believe you have nuanced views that would surprise a lot of us here, and there’s probably a lot of common ground we could find if you had serious political leadership.

I’m sorry that you don’t have that, but you and other republicans need to be part of the solution. Your electeds are in cahoots with rich liars in news to create a constant siege mentality. You need to be willing to say “I’m not buying this latest boogeyman as a reason to accept leaders who will dismantle democracy.” You need to be willing to withhold your vote for more than just president, until they abandon these authoritarians and accept that democracy sometimes means losing.

Democracy isn't as important as owning the libs, killing as many people as possible in a pandemic and making sure trans kids don't feel safe or comfortable at school.
Anti-Trump Truth Socialite JD Vance Enjoying Juror
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #1168 on: August 13, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »

It's also a completely unjustified assumption that he would start with the same level of support he had in 2020.  Trump lost electoral votes and share of the popular vote from 2016 to 2020, so he could certainly do the same from 2020 to 2024.  In fact, polling suggests that he likely would do so.

Over 20% of your posts contain the words "74 million". 10/46. You could at least be slightly more creative with your trolling.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1169 on: August 13, 2022, 04:14:55 PM »

I think this is the ultimate “but her emails” moment.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1170 on: August 13, 2022, 05:24:16 PM »

super6646
Canada

« Reply #1171 on: August 13, 2022, 05:26:00 PM »

Never said I viewed y’all as villains. Hell, I use to be a trump support and solidly centre-right in my views myself (I’m more towards the centre nowadays imo). I’m just genuinely shocked to see you say that.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1172 on: August 13, 2022, 05:29:53 PM »

Never said I viewed y’all as villains. Hell, I use to be a trump support and solidly centre-right in my views myself (I’m more towards the centre nowadays imo). I’m just genuinely shocked to see you say that.

If you'll go back and read OSR's responses throughout the thread, you'll see that his responses have been far from inflexible support of Trump.  Give credit where it is due.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1173 on: August 13, 2022, 05:35:55 PM »

From 2015 up until today, we have had to suffer under this Incompetent, treasonous dunce.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1174 on: August 13, 2022, 06:21:21 PM »

"Don't prosecute Trump, his supporters might react negatively" is perhaps the most reprehensible defense I've seen here.

It implies that Trump supporters devoid of agency and that we must all walk on eggshells to avoid risking their wrath, as if they're a rabid dog that might attack us if we look at it the wrong way. It also implies that if someone has enough supporters, they should be effectively above the law.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies