FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 120186 times)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: August 13, 2022, 10:17:39 AM »

I have a job and a family to support  I don't rob my employer by posting on work time.

Do you have a job?  Or do you have all day to post?  If you want to disparage me you can at least answer that.

lmao, this pissy response is hilarious especially considering that you made more than 800 posts in the past 3 months while I only made 29 posts

I make the most of my weekends.  I'm going to respond to snarky attacks.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1101 on: August 13, 2022, 10:18:18 AM »

FORMER PRESIDENT TRUMP HAD A GENERAL DECLASSIFICATION ORDER, particularly related to the FBI's Crossfire Hurricane Investigation....

Now we know why they went in. Instead of asking for it when they were there in June they raided the thing two months later.

MEMORANDUM FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE
THE DIRECTOR OF THE CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY

SUBJECT:    Declassification of Certain Materials Related to the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane Investigation

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct the following:

Section 1.  Declassification and Release.    At my request, on December 30, 2020, the Department of Justice provided the White House with a binder of materials related to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Crossfire Hurricane investigation.  Portions of the documents in the binder have remained classified and have not been released to the Congress or the public.  I requested the documents so that a declassification review could be performed and so I could determine to what extent materials in the binder should be released in unclassified form.

I determined that the materials in that binder should be declassified to the maximum extent possible.  In response, and as part of the iterative process of the declassification review, under a cover letter dated January 17, 2021, the Federal Bureau of Investigation noted its continuing objection to any further declassification of the materials in the binder and also, on the basis of a review that included Intelligence Community equities, identified the passages that it believed it was most crucial to keep from public disclosure.  I have determined to accept the redactions proposed for continued classification by the FBI in that January 17 submission.

I hereby declassify the remaining materials in the binder.  This is my final determination under the declassification review and I have directed the Attorney General to implement the redactions proposed in the FBI’s January 17 submission and return to the White House an appropriately redacted copy.

My decision to declassify materials within the binder is subject to the limits identified above and does not extend to materials that must be protected from disclosure pursuant to orders of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court and does not require the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information or any other materials that must be protected from disclosure under applicable law.  Accordingly, at my direction, the Attorney General has conducted an appropriate review to ensure that materials provided in the binder may be disclosed by the White House in accordance with applicable law.

Sec. 2.  General Provisions.   (a)  Nothing in this memorandum shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i)   the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii)  the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b)  This memorandum shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c)  This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

(d)  The Attorney General is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.

DONALD J. TRUMP

The Memorandum was issued January 19th 2021.

I’m not seeing how this is a “general declassification order”. It seems to be limited to a set of documents relating to Crossfire Hurricane/the Russia investigation.

Yes, "general declassification order" is a figment of 2016's imagination.  Read the order and it specifically applies only to the items in one binder, and with some limitations spelled out.

Trump: I’m choosing to formally declassify certain materials in one specific binder, except those that the FBI has advised against declassifying for security reasons

2016: aha! He clearly meant “Kid Rock can touch the nuclear football”
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1102 on: August 13, 2022, 10:21:27 AM »

Yes, "general declassification order" is a figment of 2016's imagination.  Read the order and it specifically applies only to the items in one binder, and with some limitations spelled out.
Maybe it was a really big binder?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1103 on: August 13, 2022, 10:29:36 AM »

citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #1104 on: August 13, 2022, 10:50:17 AM »

As I mentioned day ago, the American people electing him in 2016 gave him alot of power. Executive privilege is a very powerful thing.

Mediocre trolling aside, only a complete moron would believe the president can will his private citizen self government property, particularly after being fired by the electorate.

Government secrets, the White House, Air Force One, the Resolute Desk, the silverware, and busts of Abraham Lincoln belong to the people's government, not disgruntled former employees.

So the ACLU and every liberal hated the "Espionage Act" for decades, but now they like it to try and go after Trump?

I think the best result is to let the American people decide his fate at the ballot box.
citizenZ
citizenq
United States

« Reply #1105 on: August 13, 2022, 10:57:41 AM »

So the ACLU and every liberal hated the "Espionage Act" for decades, but now they like it to try and go after Trump?

I think the best result is to let the American people decide his fate at the ballot box.

So you're completely abandoning your previous nonsense argument?

I don't care what your strawmen or the ACLU think of the Espionage Act and I don't care what you think about handling a moron gangster who sends goons after his enemies.

Also pathetic that you're pretending this is about his candidacy. The American people did decide his fate at the ballot box and he abused the presidency in an attempt to take that power away from us because we fired him. King Loser hasn't announced a new candidacy and he should be equal under the law whether he does or not.

It will look like liberals are:

1. Persecuting him.
2. Afraid to run against him in another general election

It makes him into a martyr for about 1/4 of the population of the United States.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1106 on: August 13, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »

As I mentioned day ago, the American people electing him in 2016 gave him alot of power. Executive privilege is a very powerful thing.

Mediocre trolling aside, only a complete moron would believe the president can will his private citizen self government property, particularly after being fired by the electorate.

Government secrets, the White House, Air Force One, the Resolute Desk, the silverware, and busts of Abraham Lincoln belong to the people's government, not disgruntled former employees.

You ignored the question I asked you earlier, but I'm going to keep asking it until you answer:

Do you believe that Trump should be above the law?  Yes or no.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1107 on: August 13, 2022, 11:09:55 AM »

Game over.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1108 on: August 13, 2022, 11:15:58 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1109 on: August 13, 2022, 11:18:21 AM »

But why? (Hard-hitting and insightful political analysis, I know)

Why have those documents in the first place?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1110 on: August 13, 2022, 11:22:32 AM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1111 on: August 13, 2022, 11:22:52 AM »

But why? (Hard-hitting and insightful political analysis, I know)

Why have those documents in the first place?

The reason probably is that Trump is an idiot and also extremely arrogant . Just as how Nixon’s paranoia caught up with him with Watergate , it seems like Trump’s idiocy and arrogance is catching up with him .

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1112 on: August 13, 2022, 11:25:48 AM »

My guess is even if Trump gets convicted he would not be put in the regular prison system . The DOJ probably would use an abandoned military base or even a property of his and then just fence it off .
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1113 on: August 13, 2022, 11:35:07 AM »

About that Unitary Executive theory someone brought up earlier...

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1114 on: August 13, 2022, 11:38:11 AM »

Another thing here is that an official can have the legal power to do something and it can still be obstruction of justice if it is done with corrupt intent, i.e using executive power to stop an investigation into yourself.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1115 on: August 13, 2022, 11:45:35 AM »

It's a good point that if Trump can say he declassified the stuff, Biden can just say he reclassified it. And if there was no good reason for declassifying in the first place, then there is good reason for them to be reclassified.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1116 on: August 13, 2022, 11:52:56 AM »

I have a question for the people still going with the "Trump could mentally declassify these documents without telling anyone" schtick – what if Biden declassified these documents mentally without telling anyone? Do you see how stupid these things get if you reduce a type of document classification to a purely philosophical and fundamentally unknowable state of being?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #1117 on: August 13, 2022, 11:59:24 AM »

afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1118 on: August 13, 2022, 12:00:32 PM »

Nice!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1119 on: August 13, 2022, 12:01:51 PM »

This is ruining the Environment for Rs
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1120 on: August 13, 2022, 12:01:57 PM »

LMAO.  Name one.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1121 on: August 13, 2022, 12:03:03 PM »

Here's a thought to ponder in idle moments: this story keeps getting worse and worse for Trump.  What other shoes are waiting to drop?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1122 on: August 13, 2022, 12:03:44 PM »

More reason to do it, then!
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1123 on: August 13, 2022, 12:09:02 PM »

Aw, GM, it took me like five whole minutes to type that thought out on my phone Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1124 on: August 13, 2022, 12:10:42 PM »

Aw, GM, it took me like five whole minutes to type that thought out on my phone Tongue

Actually, that was me.  It was collateral damage when I was cleaning up the thread Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies