FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 06:16:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 131
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 122437 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: August 15, 2022, 04:14:38 PM »

If his passports were actually taken wouldn't that mean the DOJ is on the verge of charging him
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1401 on: August 15, 2022, 04:16:28 PM »

He still has his Russian passport, so it's ok.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1402 on: August 15, 2022, 04:16:43 PM »

If his passports were actually taken wouldn't that mean the DOJ is on the verge of charging him

Not necessarily.  I just read a possible innocuous explanation from a legal expert:

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1403 on: August 15, 2022, 04:21:08 PM »

Yeah, it's not like Trump is a flight risk, lol. If he ran away to another country, he'd be burying his own political life, and no country would even want to deal with that hot potato anyway.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1404 on: August 15, 2022, 04:42:25 PM »

Australian media have, just now, accidentally leaked one of the secret documents seized by FBI agents last week from Mar-a-Lago.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0kzFl5D2rM4UUIgvU6-_HHk_eeuB_-r/view?usp=sharing

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1405 on: August 15, 2022, 04:45:44 PM »

[/pre][/pre]
Australian media have, just now, accidentally leaked one of the secret documents seized by FBI agents last week from Mar-a-Lago.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o0kzFl5D2rM4UUIgvU6-_HHk_eeuB_-r/view?usp=sharing

I'm still mad they got rid of the Honey BBQ strips. Those things were to die for. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1406 on: August 15, 2022, 04:51:53 PM »

Wow. I don’t see how he can come back from this.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1407 on: August 15, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »

But those previous investigations were under previous administrations; Garland can hardly be blamed for how they were conducted.  If you think the consequences for Clinton and Berger were too light, then why would it be a good idea for them to set a precedent for subsequent investigations?

I don't think the outcome for Clinton was too light, but she seems to have been afforded a great deal of investigative and prosecutorial deference that Trump isn't getting.  Keeping classified information on an unsecured email server is functionally equivalent to keeping it at Mar-a-Lago.  It appears in neither case was there an intention to transmit or leak classified information to bad actors. 

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Clinton did not act in any way, shape or form act the way trump has acted throughout this entire investigation. She never hoarded reams of physical documents she knew she was not supposed to take at her personal residence nor did she refuse to give those imaginary documents (again, that she didn't have) back to DoJ when ordered to do so. There is not one piece of evidence saying that Hillary Clinton ever shared or showed a piece of classified information to anyone whatsoever, while there have been reports of trump waving around classified secrets like trophies at Mar-a-Lago to impress the republicans who come there to kiss his ring.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1408 on: August 15, 2022, 05:38:40 PM »

Imagine throwing your life away for donald f****** trump. Just.......incomprehensible to me
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1409 on: August 15, 2022, 05:40:07 PM »

Not necessarily.  I just read a possible innocuous explanation from a legal expert:

I came across this post and started crying at the injustice of it all. Poor Trump. He doesn't deserve to be treated this way. What a witch hunt. Can't a master con artist catch a break here? Jeeeez.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1410 on: August 15, 2022, 05:40:22 PM »

Doesn't hit as hard after literally tens of thousands of his supporters did this over vaccines and owning the libs.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1411 on: August 15, 2022, 05:42:24 PM »

You cannot arrest Trumpy.

As soon as you throw him in the back seat of a Police Car, the USA will decay into Civil War.

So be it. Nobody is above the law.

This, but also, I think our resident incel trump cultists vaaaaaaaastly overestimate the number of Americans willing to commit violence and die b/c their orange god got caught doing serious crimes.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #1412 on: August 15, 2022, 05:57:43 PM »

Doesn't hit as hard after literally tens of thousands of his supporters did this over vaccines and owning the libs.

The vaccine is a matter of personal choice though. Nothing to do with Trump or “owning the libs.” Myself I am terrified of getting it and dying from a complication. Hell, someone I know went into anaphylactic shock and almost died when they got it, with no history of such an allergic response. My roommate feels ever since she got it, she gets sicker easier and regrets getting it. Neither are Trump supporters or “conspiracy theorists.”
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1413 on: August 15, 2022, 05:57:59 PM »

From what I've learned from years of watching Death in Paradise, if they take your passport, you're either the murderer, or you're going to be in the room during the big reveal of who the murderer is so the detective can build suspense.

I love that show...  Smiley
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1414 on: August 15, 2022, 06:13:37 PM »

We already have two high profile cases of people who actually died for Trump, Ashli Babbitt and that guy who shot at the Cincinnati FBI headquarters and probably some other indirect examples too, like an January 6 defendant who committed suicide. And yeah...kind of unfathomable.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1415 on: August 15, 2022, 06:24:53 PM »

The vaccine is a matter of personal choice though. Nothing to do with Trump or “owning the libs.” Myself I am terrified of getting it and dying from a complication. Hell, someone I know went into anaphylactic shock and almost died when they got it, with no history of such an allergic response. My roommate feels ever since she got it, she gets sicker easier and regrets getting it. Neither are Trump supporters or “conspiracy theorists.”

The anaphylactic shock is likely related. The getting sicker and easier is likely mental and almost certainly not related to the vaccine.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #1416 on: August 15, 2022, 06:32:57 PM »

The anaphylactic shock is likely related. The getting sicker and easier is likely mental and almost certainly not related to the vaccine.

Anaphylactic shock is indeed a very rare side effect of the vaccine (and I mean VERY rare.  If I recall my adventures in the literature correctly, it's practically a one-in-a-million type thing). 
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1417 on: August 15, 2022, 06:47:38 PM »

CNN Commentator Scott Jennings says DoJ has to indict Trump or lose credibility

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-commentator-justice-department-indict-trump-lose-credibility-going-back

While the Article is from FOX the Comments come from Jennings himself (Clip Included).
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1418 on: August 15, 2022, 07:17:24 PM »

CNN Commentator Scott Jennings says DoJ has to indict Trump or lose credibility

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-commentator-justice-department-indict-trump-lose-credibility-going-back

While the Article is from FOX the Comments come from Jennings himself (Clip Included).

The DOJ doesn't need to worry about it's credibility with MAGA morons because it can just indirectly lock up all of its critics.
Average DMV voter be like:
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1419 on: August 15, 2022, 07:24:26 PM »

Seems like the passports didn’t end up being anything. They were swept up in the raid and then returned.
MiddleRoad
« Reply #1420 on: August 15, 2022, 07:26:39 PM »

Maybe the passports show something damaging, and Trump publicized that they were taken to preemptively claim his passport was altered when the FBI “stole it”?

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1421 on: August 15, 2022, 07:28:59 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1422 on: August 15, 2022, 07:30:19 PM »

This kind of goes without saying but literally anything Trump says should not be taken at face value without independent corrobation.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1423 on: August 15, 2022, 08:11:37 PM »

This kind of goes without saying but literally anything Trump says should not be taken at face value without independent corrobation.

What on Earth is going on?
Were the passports taken during the raid or not? It can't be yes and no at the same time.
If this is trump just making sh*t-up, then it's so pathetic, and I hope the Orange Clown gets thrown in jail (when this entire thing is over).
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1424 on: August 15, 2022, 08:15:08 PM »

What on Earth is going on?
Were the passports taken during the raid or not? It can't be yes and no at the same time.
If this is trump just making sh*t-up, then it's so pathetic, and I hope the Orange Clown gets thrown in jail (when this entire thing is over).

They were taken and then returned.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 131  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies