FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:56:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114174 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: August 08, 2022, 06:39:08 PM »

What the Hell does the Orange Buffoon mean about "Hillary taking antique furniture from the White House"?
What is that?

It's just projection.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 07:30:32 PM »

Modern Republicans are 100% the villains. They actively work every day to attack LGBTQ rights, women's rights, worker's rights, democracy, the working class, the planet... should I go on?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 10:39:42 PM »

What happened to Law and Order and Thin Blue Line?

Yah it’s not good but republicans even in the tea party era were hostile to federal agents under the guise of local control

Republicans have four options:

- Support the police
- Be against the police
- Support the police when it benefits them, be against the police when it benefits them, but be honest about that being their position
- Support the police when it benefits them, be against the police when it benefits them, but pretend like they aren't massive hypocrites

They've been doing #4 for a long long time. Sadly, any of the other 3 options is more respectable and reasonable, but they won't switch away from #4.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 12:18:50 AM »

No correlation to my statement. Don't ever compare Trump & the Black Panther Party. That's it.

Both are horrible

Fred Hampton, despite his flaws, would have been 10 times better as POTUS than Trump was.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 02:54:49 AM »

The Fact is it was unacceptable for it to go on as long as it was and the protests stopped being justifiable when so many of them turned into riots as well.

What percentage of the protests turned into riots? I'm not asking that rhetorically, I want somebody to cite the actual percentage (or a ballpark estimate). Spoiler alert: the number is very low. The right wing media, pundits and politicians made it seem like the country was about to fall apart into anarchy, but that's generally not what actually happened.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 06:43:01 PM »

ITT: "You can't investigate or prosecute somebody for crimes if they have a lot of fans."

"... (but only if that somebody isn't on the left, because somebody like AOC or Biden should be locked up for crimes)"

They don't say it, but we all know they think it and would flip flop on it if the shoe was on the other foot.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 09:40:10 PM »

Okay so, I want to ask blue avatars :

Where is the line here? Unless it's treason, any accusation against Trump, no matter how serious, shouldn't be investigated by the FBI? What if the claims involved rape or human trafficking, and there was supposedly hard evidence at Mar-A-Lago? Do you think the FBI is being political to investigate it? Where is the line? What laws is Trump above and what laws isn't he? And of course, obviously Biden is above the same laws, right?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2022, 11:33:45 PM »

Trump isn't exactly subtle about the crimes he has committed or his shady business practices so this 'Shocked Pikachu' routine from the right-wing and corrupt establishment figures is pretty unconvincing.

They don't say it out loud, and maybe some of them don't consciously think it through, but the first thought process basically is "if you come after one of OUR leaders, regardless of how good your reason is, you're being political and waging a political war against us", but then at the exact same time, their other thought process is "if one of YOUR leaders does something wrong, they should be obviously be prosecuted because nobody is above the law".

They either don't understand their own cognitive dissonance, or they don't care about it. And Democrats are under no circumstances whatsoever allowed to use their cognitive dissonance as a reason to dismiss their arguments as irrelevant.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2022, 01:43:00 AM »

Trump could release the warrant publically.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 05:29:14 AM »

He also could’ve released his tax records in 2016. Did he? No. Will he release the warrant? Probably not.

Trump doesn’t do anything that would make him appear compliant, or humbled, or conciliatory in any way…It goes against his self image and more importantly, his self created image.

You're missing the point. Republicans on Youtube, Twitter and even here are losing their minds about how the FBI needs to release the details IMMEDIATELY and they have no right to hide the details from the public... but the reality is, they released all the information to Trump himself. If the people who support Trump think they have a right to know what this was all about, their orange god has the ability to tell them. There's no need for them to scream at the FBI to get the information. Pressure your cult leader to spill the beans.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2022, 03:44:57 PM »

DT: Not relevant!

Eric Swalwell tweeting about what's on his voicemail is still irrelevant, yes.

Have you ever heard of "cause and effect"?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 06:33:29 AM »

If Trump gets even a single vote after having been revealed to have stolen nuclear secrets, we have failed as a country.

Spoiler alert: He gets AT LEAST 40 million votes in the general (unless he's an Independent instead of a Republican).
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2022, 03:35:45 PM »

I'm a few hours behind on this... so wait, Trump actually called Obama in his statement "Barack Hussein Obama"? I can't believe I'm saying this but I thought Trump was beyond that at this point. I was foolish to have ever projected any sort of decorum onto him in my mind.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2022, 04:56:39 PM »

This will of course go nowhere, but it will be interesting to see who signs on to it.

Imagine if Biden was doing things as bad and illegal as Trump, and the Squad was introducing articles of impeachment onto everybody who was trying to hold Biden accountable. Imagine how Greene, Gaetz, Boebert, Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Crowder, etc would react.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »

This will of course go nowhere, but it will be interesting to see who signs on to it.

Impeach MTG.

Imagine if by a domino effect members of Congress start impeaching each other in an utterly partisan fashion? IE MTG votes to impeach Garland; someone votes to impeach MTG; till it gets to the point where Pelosi and McConnell try to impeach each other, leading absolutely nothing to be done in Congress.

Most Democrats aren't clown-ish enough to do something like that.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2022, 05:01:16 PM »

Imagine if by a domino effect members of Congress start impeaching each other in an utterly partisan fashion? IE MTG votes to impeach Garland; someone votes to impeach MTG; till it gets to the point where Pelosi and McConnell try to impeach each other, leading absolutely nothing to be done in Congress.

Most Democrats aren't clown-ish enough to do something like that.

Oh, I think you overestimate the Dems as well. Both parties are clown cars. The coming years are going to see a historic and absurd level of partisan impeachments in both parties.

Democrats don't impeach people for purely "left vs right" reasons in bad faith. I'm not saying it's never happened, but it isn't common at all.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2022, 02:35:47 PM »

The heart of the troll’s argument is that we should let our democracy die so the idiot mob doesn’t hurt us. It’s shameful, cowardly, and a betrayal of a quarter millennium of our country’s history.

If Trump supporters are willing to kill their neighbors because we don’t let them declare their crime boss daddy our owner, then our country will simply have to defeat another asshole rebellion.

It's even stupider than that, because they don't even believe that as an ideological argument. They believe "OUR cult leader should be above the law, but if the left were to have a cult leader, they should never ever be above the law and must answer for all of their crimes, real and imagined". Everybody knows that's what the real argument is, even if they won't say it out loud.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2022, 02:58:26 PM »

But why? (Hard-hitting and insightful political analysis, I know)

Why have those documents in the first place?

The reason probably is that Trump is an idiot and also extremely arrogant . Just as how Nixon’s paranoia caught up with him with Watergate , it seems like Trump’s idiocy and arrogance is catching up with him .

Did your account get hacked or something?!!

Listen I know some of you view blue avatars on here to be villains but we have very diverse views and nuanced views as well

I believe you have nuanced views that would surprise a lot of us here, and there’s probably a lot of common ground we could find if you had serious political leadership.

I’m sorry that you don’t have that, but you and other republicans need to be part of the solution. Your electeds are in cahoots with rich liars in news to create a constant siege mentality. You need to be willing to say “I’m not buying this latest boogeyman as a reason to accept leaders who will dismantle democracy.” You need to be willing to withhold your vote for more than just president, until they abandon these authoritarians and accept that democracy sometimes means losing.

Democracy isn't as important as owning the libs, killing as many people as possible in a pandemic and making sure trans kids don't feel safe or comfortable at school.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2022, 05:43:12 PM »

What happened to Scott Perry should scare everyone IMO!

Imagine you are travelling with your family and a bunch of FBI Agents show up and take your personal cell phone just because you are opposing the current Political Party in Power?

That's not the reason is was confiscated.
But nice fairy tale. What child's story book did you find that one in?
That is exactly why it was confiscated! He opposes the current Political Party and is a Trump Supporter.

Why wasn't Elise Stefaniks Cell Phone confiscated for example? Tell us.

The FBI doesn't sit down with reporters and answer questions like this during an active investigation. That's common knowledge. We are very likely find out why Stefanik's phone was taken at some point in the future, as this kind of information usually becomes available towards the end of active investigations, or after the fact. Again, this is very normal and standard protocol.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2022, 09:13:53 PM »

Old School Republican,
You know what struck me the most is the timing of this Search Warrant at Mar-a-Lago. Most of the sort of liberal Cable News saying the DoJ's Decision wasn't a Political One. How convinient!

BUT how can it not be when we are less than 85 Days away from the Midterms?

Do you have any thoughts on this?

I think either side will say it helped or hurt them once the Election is over.

"Politicians can commit crimes around election time and they can't be investigated for it because of the timing, or else it's a witch hunt. But only politicians I support."
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2022, 09:43:02 PM »

What the 3 of us (OSR, Fuzzy Bear and myself) are saying that the timing is highly suspicious!

What would be a non-suspicious timing? Why should the DoJ change its procedures to placate one political party?

As we all know very well, a "non-suspicious timing" for this doesn't exist. Republicans would find a way to explain why the timing was suspicious no matter what, OR, in a rare scenario where that's too difficult, they'll just move onto another talking point about why this was a witch hunt. Whatever "logic" or "reasoning" is used, it's designed to never ever arrive at the conclusion that Trump being under siege is justified.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2022, 10:07:53 PM »

It’s either we focus on the actual issue at hand, which is THE NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY OF OUR COUNTRY, or we get so side tracked by distractions and con artists waving red flags as if we were angry bulls, that we forget what is important and allow yet another brutal stab wound in Lady Liberty pour out until she passes from blood loss.

Protecting Lady Liberty is a secondary objective of the Republican Party. If you force them to choose between that and one of their primary objectives, they won't hesitate to cut her throat.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2022, 10:26:23 PM »

It’s either we focus on the actual issue at hand, which is THE NATIONAL SOVEREIGNTY OF OUR COUNTRY, or we get so side tracked by distractions and con artists waving red flags as if we were angry bulls, that we forget what is important and allow yet another brutal stab wound in Lady Liberty pour out until she passes from blood loss.

Protecting Lady Liberty is a secondary objective of the Republican Party. If you force them to choose between that and one of their primary objectives, they won't hesitate to cut her throat.
With all due respect, let’s wait and see what they say. Let’s see how they vote and whether they protest even with those who weee once rivals. It is unfair to make judgements now, some may have looked the other way before hoping someone else would fix it, but Lady Liberty is still limping on the sidewalk, alive but not for long.

Will you let your homeland die in the dark? I hear her screaming, beckoning your name now. She can see you, she raised you, she gave you everything you could have possibly hoped for.
Don’t be scared, look into her eyes and make up your mind.

I don't know why you think Republicans are going to prioritize liberty and justice over owning the libs, marginalizing trans people and using the Supreme Court to undo civil rights. I've seen very little evidence of that. Trump declared open war on democracy while DeSantis told each and every district in Florida that they weren't allowed to introduce public safety measures during a pandemic, even if their local governments wanted them.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 03:36:19 PM »

You cannot arrest Trumpy.

As soon as you throw him in the back seat of a Police Car, the USA will decay into Civil War.

So be it. Nobody is above the law.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2022, 08:15:08 PM »

This kind of goes without saying but literally anything Trump says should not be taken at face value without independent corrobation.

What on Earth is going on?
Were the passports taken during the raid or not? It can't be yes and no at the same time.
If this is trump just making sh*t-up, then it's so pathetic, and I hope the Orange Clown gets thrown in jail (when this entire thing is over).

They were taken and then returned.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies