FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:50:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: FBI search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago (Update: Trump Indicted!)  (Read 114132 times)
Yoda
United States

« on: August 08, 2022, 06:46:34 PM »

The walls are closing in..

Part 3456.

Yawn.

Yeah, a federal judge signing off on the surprise raid of the home of a former president under criminal investigation is no big deal at all!

I'm hoping the judge that signed off on the search warrant is a trump appointee.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 07:07:26 PM »

He'll never see one second in a cell. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

Perhaps, but at least his passport could be confiscated in the meantime given he is a flight risk.  So if he has plans on fleeing to Dubai or someplace else that has no extradition treaty with the United States, he might want to consider doing so in the not-too-distant future...  

This reminds me...what do we make of the revelation that Giuliani purchased plane tickets in cash last month to Switzerland? He is currently under subpoena to come testify to the grand jury in Georgia investigating trump's voter fraud in 2020. Is Giuliani a flight risk?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 07:27:23 PM »

He'll never see one second in a cell. Not that he doesn't deserve it.

Perhaps, but at least his passport could be confiscated in the meantime given he is a flight risk.  So if he has plans on fleeing to Dubai or someplace else that has no extradition treaty with the United States, he might want to consider doing so in the not-too-distant future...  

This reminds me...what do we make of the revelation that Giuliani purchased plane tickets in cash last month to Switzerland? He is currently under subpoena to come testify to the grand jury in Georgia investigating trump's voter fraud in 2020. Is Giuliani a flight risk?

since when can you buy plane tickets with cash in this day and age?

Good question. I'm just going off of what I read here

https://www.businessinsider.com/rudy-giuliani-medical-procedure-travel-grand-jury-georgia-fulton-county-2022-8
Yoda
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2022, 10:31:13 PM »

No the reason why we are unable to deal with Trump is cause nobody has found a way to break his popularity with right of center voters in this nation . Do that and he is finished

It probably says a lot about the moral character of right-of-center voters that they still support Trump in spite of/because of everything he's done, no?
Well, when it comes to Popularity it's not as easy to diminish it as ya'll think it is.

Take Serbian Tennis Superstar NOVAK DJOKOVIC. The Australian Govtm tried to diminish his Popularity by deporting him from the Country in an unprecendented move because the then Immigration Minister Alex Hawke thought he would stir up the Anti-Vax Movement. ONE MAN. Laughable from my Point of View.

Djokovic is now more popular than ever before.

He stood his Ground. Everyone assumed he would take the Vaccine by now. Guess what: He didn't. He is even sacrificing not taking part in Tournaments in order so that doesn't have to take the vaccine.

Trumps Voters have a similar mindset. They would go over broken glass to support him if they have to no matter what he does.

What is your source/evidence for this claim? I've played tennis since I was a kid and I am a huge tennis fan. I record every major and watch most of the matches, and I even catch most of the non-major tier 1 Master's tournaments across the world. I get an alert from ESPN and read about every little thing that happens in the tennis world.

IMO and experience, Djokovic's antics have really worn thin with the other players and fans. Most fans hate how he thinks he is special and doesn't have to comply with vaccine mandates like everyone else. They hate his excuses when he loses and hate his comments about how his wife "doesn't have to work" unlike other players. I've only noticed a steady, slow decline in like and respect for him from tennis fans over the years so I'm curious what you're basing that assertion on.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2022, 10:39:44 PM »

Even Larry Hogan tweeted this :

Why do we "deserve to know all the facts as soon as possible?"

If this had happened to anyone else besides trump, would people be saying that the public "needs to know all the details and they need to know them now?"

Calm tf down. This is an investigation like any other. The facts will come out at trial like they do with any other defendant, which let's be honest trump likely will be sooner rather than later if it got to the point where the FBI searched his residence.

I'm not sure I've ever in my life seen a news event that spawned sooooooooooo many stupid takes as I have from Mar-a-Lago being searched for stolen materials.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2022, 10:45:45 PM »

Also dems the FBI investigating a crime managed to unite Andrew Yang, Mike Pence, Larry a Hogan, Andrew Cuomo and Donald Trump. LOL

Fixed for you. The FBI is overwhelmingly republican men, btw. Saying that a rich, powerful politician being held accountable for crimes is uniting other rich, powerful politicians and cable news media figures is not the own you think it is.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 11:53:48 PM »

We will find out in due time -- when a criminal trial is underway or when a plea bargain is about to be made. As a practical solution, I would be satisfied with Trump leaving this country and never returning, as was appropriate for Ferdinand Marcos in the Philippines.  

I get the sentiment, but if exiled from the country, trump would likely end up in Russia or Saudi Arabia (as no first world democracy would take him), where he would spill every state secret he was privy to as President. This would be a national security nightmare. It's much, much, much better for the U.S if he were to end up in prison.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2022, 01:35:42 AM »

If Trump was mishandling classified information, then yes, the FBI should go retrieve that information.

If Trump was in possession of classified information, there's no reason that couldn't have been resolved cooperatively (or at most with a subpoena.)  Trump voluntarily surrended 15 boxes of documents to the National Archives back in January. 

You're absolutely right. Why did trump not comply with the subpoena? Why has he dragged his feet on this for well over a year? Why did it have to get to this point?

Yoda
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2022, 03:45:01 AM »

Oh, also worth noting a big talking point among the Trump supporting crowd right now is that there was some report the FBI agents went through Melania's closet, so of course we have to assume they were all perverts and/or crossdressers who wanted her clothes. Sigh.

As if Melania actually lives there lol

She's likely been living at her own undisclosed location with the pool boy for a while now.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 11:02:42 PM »

One thing is for sure: We are going to reign in Merrick "Craptastic" Garland if Republicans take over the House.

Merrick Snarkland, you are fired.

The House of Representatives does not have the power to fire the Attorney General, cry harder.
The House of Representatives does have the Power to impeach Merrick Garland and I think he will be impeached should Republicans have House Control in January.

Of Course he always could resign before he is impeached.

I actually think Pelosi should hold a vote on MTG's articles of impeachment asap. Let's let republicans go on record that they would try to impeach a law enforcement officer for investigating crimes and retrieving stolen government property.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 11:08:48 PM »

Bidens life in the WH will become very miserable just like Garlands life at the DoJ.

Republicans will absolutely do the same thing Democrats did to the Trump WH.

The current Administration will face a lot of Investigations from COVID Mask & Vaccine Mandate overreach to Afghanistan withdrawal, etc, etc, etc. I would suspect.

The House Freedom Caucus & America First Members won't mess around with McCarthy. If he doesn't do what they say he will not be Speaker.

My guess is actually that there will be a compromise among House Republicans and Steve Scalise will become Speaker.

Yeh, but these "investigations" and show hearings in the House won't embarrass the side that you think they're going to embarrass. The only thing they'll accomplish is to show the country how childish and stupid the republicans are when you give them power.  Think the House under Newt Gingrich but waaaaaay worse.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »

But those previous investigations were under previous administrations; Garland can hardly be blamed for how they were conducted.  If you think the consequences for Clinton and Berger were too light, then why would it be a good idea for them to set a precedent for subsequent investigations?

I don't think the outcome for Clinton was too light, but she seems to have been afforded a great deal of investigative and prosecutorial deference that Trump isn't getting.  Keeping classified information on an unsecured email server is functionally equivalent to keeping it at Mar-a-Lago.  It appears in neither case was there an intention to transmit or leak classified information to bad actors. 

You're comparing apples to oranges here. Clinton did not act in any way, shape or form act the way trump has acted throughout this entire investigation. She never hoarded reams of physical documents she knew she was not supposed to take at her personal residence nor did she refuse to give those imaginary documents (again, that she didn't have) back to DoJ when ordered to do so. There is not one piece of evidence saying that Hillary Clinton ever shared or showed a piece of classified information to anyone whatsoever, while there have been reports of trump waving around classified secrets like trophies at Mar-a-Lago to impress the republicans who come there to kiss his ring.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2022, 05:38:40 PM »

Imagine throwing your life away for donald f****** trump. Just.......incomprehensible to me
Yoda
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2022, 05:42:24 PM »

You cannot arrest Trumpy.

As soon as you throw him in the back seat of a Police Car, the USA will decay into Civil War.

So be it. Nobody is above the law.

This, but also, I think our resident incel trump cultists vaaaaaaaastly overestimate the number of Americans willing to commit violence and die b/c their orange god got caught doing serious crimes.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2022, 11:56:40 PM »

How likely am I to get a visit from the FBI if I view that linked google drive with the leaked doc?

lmao
Yoda
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2022, 08:42:12 PM »

Trump aides think a family member informed on him to the FBI because agents knew where to find a specific leather case, report says

Aides to former President Donald Trump believe that a member of his family may have tipped off the FBI about the presence of classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, The Guardian reported.

Multiple sources close to Trump told the publication that after the August 8 search of Trump's resort in Palm Beach, Florida, aides began speculating about who could have been speaking to the agency.

Speculation initially focussed on Trump's political aides and resort staff at Mar-a-Lago, the outlet's sources said, before shifting to those closer to Trump.

According to the sources, some aides were convinced that only a family member would have known to point agents to a particular leather-bound box, as well as knowing the location of Trump's safe.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-aides-suspect-family-mar-a-lago-informer-guardian-2022-8

Damn that's wild. I wonder where one of trump's children learned to be such a self-centered, disloyal, backstabbing, dishonest piece of garbage? It is a mystery.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 09:28:45 PM »

I just got home from a long day so I'm just finding out about trump's idiot lawyers releasing that letter. LMAO what on God's Green Earth convinced them that was a smart move?
Yoda
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2022, 01:12:58 AM »

And even if Trump did commit some crime...

But this would set an extremely dangerous precedent because if it applies to Trump, then it would need to apply to Biden or Desantis or President Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, etc. etc.  

Future presidents would be free to commit crimes without reprisal.  And it would also open up the treacherous discussion of what crimes are "permissible".  

No one has as many staunch supporters as Trump and we both know very well that if the Democrats go down this path, things will not end well. Trump's personality, his staunch supporters and the current polarized climate are exceptional.

You don't seem to understand that none of this scares Merrick Garland, and thank God for that. trump committed a very, very serious crime. Garland, by his own standards he has laid out repeatedly, now has little choice but to charge trump. This isn't some weak campaign finance law that was violated. This is compromising human intelligence sources. He's gonna get charged, and the MAGAtards can riot and do another 1/6 if they want to go to prison.

Word of warning to you and your fellow MAGA terrorists, though.....

this time, the Capitol will be defended.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2022, 08:33:43 PM »

Graham is laying the groundwork for violent protests.

He's essentially telling the MAGA troops to gear up and be ready to move.

What Graham said was obviously atrocious and clearly intended as a threat rather than mere prediction, but I'm not at all worried about this actually happening as some in the media seem to be. I'm pretty sure most of the Proud Boys, Three Percenters and Oath Keepers (besides the ones that aren't already in prison) are all paranoid as hell since 1/6 and assume that they are being monitored by the FBI and/or they have been flipped on by their fellow domestic terrorists trying to save their own skins. DoD, DoJ and DHS are now controlled by Biden appointees who will not let any violent trump supporters who do try to do another 1/6 to get anywhere close to a federal building or to hurt anyone.

I can see some random losers in full TactiCool cosplay showing up to state capitols with AR-15's and standing there in all their obese glory. That's about it.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2022, 01:34:16 AM »

JFC this is insane....

The only question in my mind is who does trump flip on now when he is convicted to keep himself out of prison?

Putin? MBS? Kushner? Flynn? Giuliani? Meadows? Graham? Kash Patel? The ten House R's that all asked for pardons? The possibilities are almost literally endless.....
Yoda
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2022, 01:36:37 AM »

Here's a good one from that thread.

Who goes to the FBI and points the finger at the other party first? trump or his lawyers? This is simply wild to me. In the span of a few short weeks I've gone from thinking trump will never be held accountable for anything to now wondering not if he will be convicted but if he'll die in prison or not.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 01:37:42 AM »

On a lighthearted note

That carpet should be a misdemeanor charge on top of everything else.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2022, 10:12:22 PM »

Well I guess that settles the question of whether outsiders had access to these documents.

I simply cannot fathom how an attorney can be this dumb. Did she not just make herself a fact witness? trump's fondness for airhead, pretty lady lawyers is going to be his undoing.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2022, 02:04:59 AM »

Checkmate FBI

I see this little trumpling's tweets every now and then on my feed, and they are probably the most (excuse me as I dip my toe into the alt-right bro/incel jargon pond) beta, cuck, sycophantic, cringe, downright pathetic musings I have ever seen in my life. Like bro get a goddamn life outside of your cult leader.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2022, 05:29:54 PM »

This country desperately needs democrats to pack/expand the Courts. We are in for rulings like this for decades if we don't. If we care about democracy, it is simply something that HAS to be done.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies