2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 130
Author Topic: 2022 Primary Election Night Coverage Megathread (9/13 - GRAND FINALE - DE, NH, RI)  (Read 88054 times)
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3050 on: August 23, 2022, 08:37:01 PM »

So, we thinking Goldman will pull this one out?

I'm ready to call it for him. The needle isn't moving really as votes come in, so it seems precincts are being reported evenly district-wide, and the number of votes left is quite small. I don't see how Niou makes up a deficit of over 2,000 votes with just 16,000 votes left to count (and a majority of those going to non-Niou/Goldman candidates); she'd need to dramatically turn the tide.

I would to but the main questions I have are:

1. Is the vote we have in so far exclusively early/ED, ect. I don't think there would be a huge disparity between these voters in a D primary but who knows.

2. Were there really only ~50k votes cast? That number seems extremely low as someone who lived in the district and saw so many ads and campaign signs/events. Given NY's election incompetence, i wouldn't be suprised if these numbers change a bit.

Apparently there was some disproportion in the votes since Niou did close the gap a bit. Goldman is now up by about 1,200 votes with around 7,000 left to count. That still indicates a Goldman victory, but maybe I was too certain above.
Pink Panther

« Reply #3051 on: August 23, 2022, 08:37:25 PM »

Based NY-12 for dumping an Anti-Vaxxer.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #3052 on: August 23, 2022, 08:37:47 PM »

I'm ready to call it for him. The needle isn't moving really as votes come in, so it seems precincts are being reported evenly district-wide, and the number of votes left is quite small. I don't see how Niou makes up a deficit of over 2,000 votes with just 16,000 votes left to count (and a majority of those going to non-Niou/Goldman candidates); she'd need to dramatically turn the tide.

1. Is the vote we have in so far exclusively early/ED, ect. I don't think there would be a huge disparity between these voters in a D primary but who knows.

2. Were there really only ~50k votes cast? That number seems extremely low as someone who lived in the district and saw so many ads and campaign signs/events. Given NY's election incompetence, i wouldn't be suprised if these numbers change a bit.

Apparently there was some disproportion in the votes since Niou did close the gap a bit. Goldman is now up by about 1,200 votes with around 7,000 left to count. That still indicates a Goldman victory, but maybe I was too certain above.

There's more coming in from Manhattan (where Goldman leads by like 14%) then Kings.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3053 on: August 23, 2022, 08:39:25 PM »

And another dump right after I posted that leaves Goldman ahead by around 1,150 votes with only around 3,500 votes left to count (and more Manhattan than Brooklyn), so I'm calling this for Goldman.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #3054 on: August 23, 2022, 08:39:34 PM »

Niou's been making up ground these last few vote dumps. If that continues it'll be close

BIG MASSIVE DUMPS
Splash
United States

« Reply #3055 on: August 23, 2022, 08:40:28 PM »

ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3056 on: August 23, 2022, 08:41:25 PM »

And another dump right after I posted that leaves Goldman ahead by around 1,150 votes with only around 3,500 votes left to count (and more Manhattan than Brooklyn), so I'm calling this for Goldman.

Yeah Niou has no realistic path unless there's incompetence on NY's part as to how many votes are left (which is very much possible, wouldn't count on it though).

So Goldman won a primary in an Uber Safe D district with just 13k votes lol.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3057 on: August 23, 2022, 08:42:07 PM »

Sad
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3058 on: August 23, 2022, 08:43:15 PM »

Biaggi's campaign ended with her idiotic tweet about "Childbearing age women".
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3059 on: August 23, 2022, 08:43:33 PM »

Some great maps here:

theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3060 on: August 23, 2022, 08:43:46 PM »

Yeah Niou has no realistic path unless there's incompetence on NY's part as to how many votes are left (which is very much possible, wouldn't count on it though).

Maybe Niou will say something anti-Semitic after losing. It would be in character.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3061 on: August 23, 2022, 08:44:03 PM »

Biaggi's campaign ended with her idiotic tweet about "Childbearing age women".

Eh, it ended when the map got redrawn.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3062 on: August 23, 2022, 08:44:28 PM »

Maybe Niou will say something anti-Semitic after losing. It would be in character.

If she doesn't, I'm sure Nina Turner will pick up the slack.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3063 on: August 23, 2022, 08:45:28 PM »

Is NY-10 really nearly done counting? NYTimes has it at >95% but they seem to be incredibly off sometimes...
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3064 on: August 23, 2022, 08:45:38 PM »

It seems vaguely plausible that Niou nets 900 votes from the last few votes if they're all EDay. I'll say Likely Goldman?
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #3065 on: August 23, 2022, 08:46:33 PM »

Calling NY-4 D for Gillen!
Calling NY-19 D for Riley!
Calling OK-2 R for Breechen!

Uncalled:
FL-4 D
FL-22 R
OK-Labor Commissioner R
OK-Superintendent R
NY-1 R
NY-2 R
NY-3 D
NY-10 D
NY-22 D
NY-22 R
NY-23 R
NY-24 R
AK-SEN Slot 4
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3066 on: August 23, 2022, 08:46:56 PM »

Wow, Maloney's performance is terrible, Nadler's basically fought her to a tie in her share of the district!
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3067 on: August 23, 2022, 08:47:24 PM »

A bit ironic how Niou got just 11 votes in her home precinct (Goldman only got 22 though)
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3068 on: August 23, 2022, 08:48:33 PM »

A bit ironic how Niou got just 11 votes in her home precinct (Goldman only got 22 though)

Her successor in her Assembly seat refusing to endorse her did not help, I'm sure.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3069 on: August 23, 2022, 08:49:01 PM »

Is NY-10 really nearly done counting? NYTimes has it at >95% but they seem to be incredibly off sometimes...

It was at 95% at 47k in now we have 56k so they are def off, the question is just how much. If there's something like 10k more outstanding votes then Niou def has a shot but if it's basically done then Goldman wins
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3070 on: August 23, 2022, 08:51:47 PM »

Her successor in her Assembly seat refusing to endorse her did not help, I'm sure.

Her seat is the definition of Goldman's base (and the anti-defintion of her own base). Home to several very expensive high-rise Condos in lower Manhattan and is right next to wall street.

Again though I'm shocked that even in this type of precinct turnout was so bad. A total of 61 votes were cast even though if you just look at Niou's building there has to be at least  200-300 voting age adults.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3071 on: August 23, 2022, 08:51:58 PM »

NY-10 is gonna be super tight.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3072 on: August 23, 2022, 08:52:26 PM »

It was at 95% at 47k in now we have 56k so they are def off, the question is just how much. If there's something like 10k more outstanding votes then Niou def has a shot but if it's basically done then Goldman wins

And now it's at 60k lol. Niou is still 700 votes short.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #3073 on: August 23, 2022, 08:56:34 PM »

600 votes is very doable and NYT now thinks a lot more of the vote is out, like a few thousand. I'd still rather be Goldman but it'll probably be tight...
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3074 on: August 23, 2022, 08:57:07 PM »

All I've learned since 2020 is that % in estimates are all bullsh**t.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 ... 130  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies