Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 03:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread
« previous next »
Thread note
ATTENTION: Please note that copyright rules still apply to posts in this thread. You cannot post entire articles verbatim. Please select only a couple paragraphs or snippets that highlights the point of what you are posting.

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1176
Author Topic: Russia-Ukraine war and related tensions Megathread  (Read 955377 times)
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24950 on: August 04, 2023, 04:12:28 PM »

Crimean Bridge again!

Ukrainians apparently knocked the dragon’s teeth near Verbove too. Robotyne is being surrounded
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #24951 on: August 04, 2023, 04:29:48 PM »

Ukrainians apparently knocked the dragon’s teeth near Verbove too. Robotyne is being surrounded
You said a few weeks ago Andriivka and Klischiivka was a day away from collpasing, so who knows what this is supposed to mean.
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24952 on: August 04, 2023, 04:31:48 PM »

You said a few weeks ago Andriivka and Klischiivka was a day away from collpasing, so who knows what this is supposed to mean.

It’s a tough night for you and your master. I know. Get yourself some NyQuil and call it an early night there tovarish
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24953 on: August 04, 2023, 04:33:13 PM »

It’s a tough night for you and your master. I know. Get yourself some NyQuil and call it an early night there tovarish
I'm not a part of the Russian Armed Forces.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24954 on: August 04, 2023, 04:36:04 PM »

I seriously hope you're at least getting paid for this because if not it's sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #24955 on: August 04, 2023, 04:36:36 PM »

What's Putin's plan to keep the supply lines open to Crimea, Woody, when the half life of that bridge is even shorter, far shorter, than mine, with drones blowing away the Russian navy, and now the foe is getting near to dropping ordinance on the remaining rail and road lines to the beach resort on a daily basis? What's plan B per your sources? That is Russia's Achilles Heel - the land snatch they understandably love the most that is the hardest to defend.  Geography can be a harsh mistress. 
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24956 on: August 04, 2023, 04:40:39 PM »

No but you’re a western shill for them which is even worse. It’s more forgivable if you’re some buryat rando from Bumblefucк, Siberia who got pulled from your khrushchovka and thrown to the line since it’s not like you had a choice.

You’re in the west and openly cheerlead for a genocidal mad man/commie spy chief from the comfort and freedom of the USA. You’re either willingly stupid or legitimately evil; no war has been this black and white on morality since WWII
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24957 on: August 04, 2023, 04:48:21 PM »

No but you’re a western shill for them which is even worse. It’s more forgivable if you’re some buryat rando from Bumblefucк, Siberia who got pulled from your khrushchovka and thrown to the line since it’s not like you had a choice.

You’re in the west and openly cheerlead for a genocidal mad man/commie spy chief from the comfort and freedom of the USA. You’re either willingly stupid or legitimately evil; no war has been this black and white on morality since WWII
I don't look in terms of good and bad. I think people should just some killing one another, which means the best outcome is some peace negotiation ASAP, which unfortunately entails Ukraine giving concessions. Reality is that Ukraine is not getting anything major back through military means. That door closed the moment Russia signed it's partial mobilization.

Sooner or later you'll also realize this. Might take a few years but it'll come eventually.
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24958 on: August 04, 2023, 04:56:22 PM »

I don't look in terms of good and bad. I think people should just some killing one another, which means the best outcome is some peace negotiation ASAP, which unfortunately entails Ukraine giving concessions. Reality is that Ukraine is not getting anything major back through military means. That door closed the moment Russia signed it's partial mobilization.

Sooner or later you'll also realize this. Might take a few years but it'll come eventually.

That argument might work if you’re not out here boasting every time Russia takes a bombed out building in Bakhmut. You’re a shill and obviously pro-Russia.

Ukraine has the resolve to continue the fight and the hatred they harbor for Russia after centuries of oppression and genocides burns brighter than a supernova.

As Chechen freedom fighter Dzhokhar Dudayev said, When the Ukrainian sun rises, Russia will fall. That sun is rising and it is burning brighter every day

Back on ignore you go
Florida Man for Crime
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24959 on: August 04, 2023, 05:06:46 PM »

IReality is that Ukraine is not getting anything major back through military means. That door closed the moment Russia signed it's partial mobilization.

Reality is that the (Vietnamese/Afghans) are not going to take control of the whole of their country's territory from the (Americans/Soviets). That door closed the moment a superpower decided to commit to large scale troop deployments and send large numbers of conscripts to fight, showing a real major commitment to the war effort.

I mean imagine it, the Vietnamese/Afghans beating the Americans/Soviets. LOL!!! Never gonna happen. They had better sue for peace on whatever terms the superpower deigns to offer to them.
Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24960 on: August 04, 2023, 05:12:32 PM »

Looks like it might’ve been this big Russian tanker that got hit. Ukraine is sending a message the last 24 hours. The Black Sea is not Russias lake

EDIT: 1000 pages. Wow… the fact that we’re here after “Kyiv will fall in 72 hours” is a testament to the brave warriors in the AFU.

May victory be achieved and Putin depart for hell by the time we reach 2K
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24961 on: August 04, 2023, 05:18:17 PM »

IReality is that Ukraine is not getting anything major back through military means. That door closed the moment Russia signed it's partial mobilization.

Reality is that the (Vietnamese/Afghans) are not going to take control of the whole of their country's territory from the (Americans/Soviets). That door closed the moment a superpower decided to commit to large scale troop deployments and send large numbers of conscripts to fight, showing a real permanent commitment to the war effort.

I mean imagine it, the Vietnamese/Afghans beating the Americans/Soviets. LOL!!! Never gonna happen. They had better sue for peace on whatever terms the superpower deigns to offer to them.
Dude it’s the Russian military! They have endless manpower which is why they win every war they are in. Expect for the Russo-Japanese war, WW1, the Polish-Soviet war, the Vlora incident, Afghanistan twice (little known 1929 intervention and the more well known 1980’s one), and the first Chechen war. Actually now thinking about it Russia has a sh*tty modern military history despite its size and manpower
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24962 on: August 04, 2023, 05:28:55 PM »
« Edited: August 04, 2023, 05:32:44 PM by Torie »

Page 1,000. I fear it may hit page 2,000 before it is over.

I see it is already noted with a cup half full take rather than half empty take. I am a gloomy cuss these days. Pray for me Ukraine.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24963 on: August 04, 2023, 05:38:20 PM »

I see it is already noted with a cup half full take rather than half empty. I am a gloomy cuss these days. Pray for me Ukraine.
I’m generally one the most pro-UA posters here (most might go to Lykaon lol) and even I think this war is 2-3 years away from ending. Which one of the big reasons why I’m fine with UA taking this slower pace with the counterattack as they are by all accounts inflicting more losses on Russia than receiving and if they at minimum can either get in artillery/Himar range if not outright recapture Tokmak by end of November then this is a successful campaign
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #24964 on: August 04, 2023, 05:45:44 PM »

I see it is already noted with a cup half full take rather than half empty. I am a gloomy cuss these days. Pray for me Ukraine.
I’m generally one the most pro-UA posters here (most might go to Lykaon lol) and even I think this war is 2-3 years away from ending. Which one of the big reasons why I’m fine with UA taking this slower pace with the counterattack as they are by all accounts inflicting more losses on Russia than receiving and if they at minimum can either get in artillery/Himar range if not outright recapture Tokmak by end of November then this is a successful campaign

Did you find that US poll about cutting Ukraine loose a cold shower?
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24965 on: August 04, 2023, 05:48:35 PM »

You said around the start of the year that Ukrainians were going to cut the land bridge during the summer. Now it's suddenly Tokmak by November.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24966 on: August 04, 2023, 06:04:45 PM »

Did you find that US poll about cutting Ukraine loose a cold shower?
If multiple did yes but i won’t read into the CNN one in of itself
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #24967 on: August 04, 2023, 06:07:51 PM »

In the long-term a change in opinion like that isn't good but I doubt it would affect plans for more aid this year. I would be more worried about 2024, although I would hope an end to the war is at least within sight a year from now.
bilaps
« Reply #24968 on: August 04, 2023, 06:11:45 PM »

Looks like it might’ve been this big Russian tanker that got hit. Ukraine is sending a message the last 24 hours. The Black Sea is not Russias lake

EDIT: 1000 pages. Wow… the fact that we’re here after “Kyiv will fall in 72 hours” is a testament to the brave warriors in the AFU.

May victory be achieved and Putin depart for hell by the time we reach 2K

Kiev will fall in 72 hours being said by US officials and nobody else.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24969 on: August 04, 2023, 06:21:00 PM »

This might be something

Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24970 on: August 04, 2023, 06:31:59 PM »

This might be something

Must be big explosions if they’re being detected hundreds of miles away. For reference, it’s like when the collapse of the twin towers were detected by seismic equipment as far away as Maine and New Hampshire, so it checks out that a very sizable structure was involved

I for one can’t wait to see what the sunlight will reveal in the morning
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24971 on: August 04, 2023, 07:33:30 PM »

What a milestone. Page 1,000.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24972 on: August 04, 2023, 07:43:16 PM »

oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #24973 on: August 04, 2023, 07:48:52 PM »

In the long-term a change in opinion like that isn't good but I doubt it would affect plans for more aid this year. I would be more worried about 2024, although I would hope an end to the war is at least within sight a year from now.
Well the conditions for the end of the war are are now purely political involving a change of leadership in America or Russia:

I don't think that the Biden Administration will drop it's demand for Ukraine to join NATO if hostilities end, so Russia will still fight.

I don't think Russia can win the war with Putin as it's leader, so Ukraine will still fight.

There also can be no negotiations as long as Putin is in charge, because it would be politically unacceptable to the West.

Unless Zelenski marches to Moscow and topples Putin of course.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #24974 on: August 04, 2023, 08:51:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 994 995 996 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 ... 1176  
« previous next »
Jump to: