January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:02:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 [151]
Poll
Question: Will Trump be convicted in his DC January 6 case?
He will be convicted

He won't be convicted

He should be convicted

He should not be convicted

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: January 6th legal proceedings and investigations megathread  (Read 145413 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3750 on: May 18, 2024, 12:51:54 AM »

I wonder (seriously) if Rudy may have fled the country.  His life is pretty much in ruins if he stays in the U.S.

Perhaps his good friends from Russia took him out for a nice cup of calming tea?

CIA, other spy agencies told White House about Rudy Giuliani's dealings with alleged Russian agents (2020)

A New Rudy Scandal: FBI Agent Says Giuliani Was Co-opted by Russian Intelligence (2023
Redban

« Reply #3751 on: May 18, 2024, 07:29:11 AM »

Rudy served with papers last night
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3752 on: May 18, 2024, 08:35:40 AM »

Rudy served with papers last night

It's better than that, he tweeted bragging about evading his AZ indictment's service while at a Kari Lake advisor's home down here for his 80th birthday party before being served with his indictment roughly 30 mins. later just after guests had finished singing "Happy Birthday" & then deleting the taunting tweet, enabling the AZAG to post a clapback screenshot:

Steve from Lambeth
United Kingdom

« Reply #3753 on: May 18, 2024, 01:32:45 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2024, 03:37:05 PM by Steve from Lambeth »

I see Mayor Rudy
Hide behind his master
Four years' work in vain
Truth is hard to swallow
So he prays to God
Ultra-MAGA way
To live a lie
Live a lie
Live a lie

And he'll do his time
And he's done his crime
And he'll say to Jack
I'm alright

Because when they arrive
He - he gets a warrant
Party's unalive
They just took it lower
What this is for Mayes
I must now remind you
F-R-G
F-R-G
F-R-G

The Mayor's disgrace
Made all very open
Now he'll curse Kris Mayes
Turn from Arizona
But he conned the state
So he stuck his middle finger
To Phoenix
To Phoenix
To Phoenix

And he took his time
He's accused of crime
So he'll tell the judge
I'm alright

Because when they arrive
He - he gets a warrant
Party's unalive
They just took it lower
What this is for Mayes
I must now remind you
F-R-G
FOCK!
F-R-G
FOCK!
F-R-G

A-Z AG's D
A-B-C, 1-2-3
He's gonna rock in the jailhouse
Think about Kris Mayes like Al Capone
FOCK!
Scream at the sky
FOCK!
Refuse to cry
FOCK!
Stay G-O-P
And so Trumpy
He's so unfree
In there like "cop, what's up?
"N-Y-C me can treat your hands
"Bribes are not banned
"Everybody can
"I can give you, like, whatever
"Just name your price"
Fake electors are louder than The Donald found
Their freedom is on the ground
And soon Rudy's in the jail pound
Listen

Because when they arrive
He - he gets a warrant
Party's unalive
They just took it lower
What this is for Mayes
I must now remind you
F-R-G
F-R-G
F-R-G

Because when they arrive
He - he gets a warrant
Party's unalive
They just took it lower
What this is for Mayes
I must now remind you
F-R-G
FOCK!
F-R-G
FOCK!
F-R-G

Just F-R-G
FOCK!
F-R-G
FOCK!
F-R-G

F-R-Geeeeeeee
F-R-Geeeeeeee

I think like I forgot something
Lock someone
He's done the vote-stealing, right-stealing
I feel like he'll reprise his jack from them
Right lane like Old Mister Rossi
Mayes' aim is perfect like Hood, yeah
Period, like the Sherwooder

Nobody should be
Like Rudy G
So I will condemn
The things he did
'Cause we can't and should not live a lie
For our own gain

I am satisfied that the above content does not violate the lyricists' copyright in "Let It Rock," first performed in 2008.

In the US, the "fair use" statute - s.107 of the Copyright Act 1976 - does not explicitly allow parody in and of itself, instead establishing a series of tests. However, recent case law has stated that parody is an example of fair use (I offer only the most recent example here; other cases are available).

My post is intended to educate internet users at no cost about the service of Rudy Giuliani; "Let It Rock" is creative enough to warrant parody but the second fair use test is in practice often a distinction without a difference; my aggressive recycling of the lyrics is necessary to convey the point that Rudy Giuliani Did The Big Bad Naughty Thing And Will Get Laughed At By Everyone; and my post is unlikely to affect the market for the original song since Talk Elections is in no way a rap forum. I therefore post it with confidence.

In the UK, "fair dealing" with a work for the purposes of parody is explicitly legal under s.30A(1) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #3754 on: May 18, 2024, 08:05:00 PM »

As Steve Colbert pointed out earlier this week, all you have to do is replace the main character of this show with "Rudy Giuliani" since it's the same number of syllables:
https://youtu.be/Cq_Y4XzmUik?t=87

(oh, look who cameos in the middle of the show)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3755 on: May 18, 2024, 08:32:43 PM »

As Steve Colbert pointed out earlier this week, all you have to do is replace the main character of this show with "Rudy Giuliani" since it's the same number of syllables:
https://youtu.be/Cq_Y4XzmUik?t=87

(oh, look who cameos in the middle of the show)

I think a more apt comparison for Rudy would be:

Junior Chimp

« Reply #3756 on: May 30, 2024, 05:51:00 PM »

Very smart by the Roberts Court to wait to issue a Ruling on Immunity until a Guilty Verdict was reached in the NY Trail.

Yes, it's a different case here but I can almost guarantee you all now that former President Trump and future Presidents regardless of Party will get some form of "Immunity" so that these kind of flimsy bogus charges can't be brought in the future.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3757 on: May 30, 2024, 06:57:29 PM »

Very smart by the Roberts Court to wait to issue a Ruling on Immunity until a Guilty Verdict was reached in the NY Trail.

Yes, it's a different case here but I can almost guarantee you all now that former President Trump and future Presidents regardless of Party will get some form of "Immunity" so that these kind of flimsy bogus charges can't be brought in the future.

The inherent intelligence level of this post is a negative number.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3758 on: May 30, 2024, 07:00:28 PM »

Yet, it is still a possible outcome of this conviction.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3759 on: May 30, 2024, 07:18:00 PM »

Look, they are not going to give Trump Immunity on J6 (I don't think so) but it makes it at least resonable to give some form of Immunity to him & future Presidents so they can be protected from the kind of fishy & flimsy charges Bragg brought forward.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3760 on: May 30, 2024, 07:19:58 PM »

Look, they are not going to give Trump Immunity on J6 (I don't think so) but it makes it at least resonable to give some form of Immunity to him & future Presidents so they can be protected from the kind of fishy & flimsy charges Bragg brought forward.

Only total immunity gives protection against this.
I don't think there were enough votes for the total immunity opinion, but after this, the chances are higher.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3761 on: May 30, 2024, 07:28:47 PM »

I don't think there were enough votes for the total immunity opinion, but after this, the chances are higher.

Thomas and Alito will give Full Immunity. The Question is what ACB, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Roberts do. And ACB, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh may have second thoughts after seeing this Sham & Scam Trial.

Seeing Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, Durbin & Kate Bedingfield squirm after SCOTUS hands down a Ruling in Trumps favor will be glorious to watch.
mjba257
United States
« Reply #3762 on: May 30, 2024, 08:41:47 PM »

Thomas and Alito will give Full Immunity. The Question is what ACB, Kavanaugh, Gorsuch and Roberts do. And ACB, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh may have second thoughts after seeing this Sham & Scam Trial.

Seeing Hakeem Jeffries, Nancy Pelosi, Schumer, Durbin & Kate Bedingfield squirm after SCOTUS hands down a Ruling in Trumps favor will be glorious to watch.

I agree that president's should be immune from prosecution for frivolous, non-violent offenses that lack a clear victim. On that ground, the Manhattan case should be thrown out without question. The other cases, while I do have problems with some, at least involve serious allegations of wrongdoing, some of which had the potential to cause great harm to at least one person (i.e. classified documents falling into the hands of malicious actors seeking to cause harm to the US)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3763 on: May 30, 2024, 11:57:43 PM »

As is you being flattened by a meteor and never posting on Atlas again, but no matter how much we might hope for those respective goals, neither is remotely realistic
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3764 on: May 31, 2024, 12:00:23 AM »

I agree that president's should be immune from prosecution for frivolous, non-violent offenses that lack a clear victim. On that ground, the Manhattan case should be thrown out without question. The other cases, while I do have problems with some, at least involve serious allegations of wrongdoing, some of which had the potential to cause great harm to at least one person (i.e. classified documents falling into the hands of malicious actors seeking to cause harm to the US)

Whatever Imisinterpretation of the Constitution giving president's immunity from legitimate crimes like the one Trump was convicted of today to get you through the night and able to look in the mirror in the morning and say you're not a reprehensible person for supporting a convicted felon and serial sexual batter from being leader of the free world, you do you.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #3765 on: May 31, 2024, 02:12:10 AM »

He wasn’t President when he did that one.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3766 on: May 31, 2024, 02:58:40 PM »

emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3767 on: May 31, 2024, 03:52:25 PM »

That's too bad, but I think he'll get nailed in GA eventually. Possibly AZ too.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3768 on: June 01, 2024, 02:16:57 PM »

Special counsel Jack Smith again seeks Trump gag order in classified documents case

Special counsel Jack Smith has once again asked the federal judge overseeing the classified documents case against Donald Trump to impose a gag order against the former president, barring him from making statements about the law enforcement officers who searched his Mar-a-Lago resort.

The gag order request is focused on false or misleading statements Trump has made about the 2022 search of Mar-a-Lago, including that his life was in danger because of a policy in place around the use of deadly force during the search.

Prosecutors say Trump’s comments in recent weeks have “endangered law enforcement officers involved in the investigation and prosecution of this case and threatened the integrity of these proceedings.”

[...]
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3769 on: June 01, 2024, 02:19:41 PM »

If SCOTUS's Republican justices had any common sense, after Trump's conviction they'd look after their own asses, reject Trump's preposterous immunity claims ASAP and send his case back to Chutkan.
The guy is already a convicted felon, there in no need any more to shield him until election day.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 [151]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies