Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:23:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 236
Author Topic: Biden infrastructure/tax increase megathread  (Read 247935 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: July 26, 2021, 06:25:57 PM »

Trump doesn't think Rs are gonna get punished at the polls for Insurrection just like he did, the Rs are officeholders and he isn't anymore, the Rs can still be held accountable
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #701 on: July 26, 2021, 06:51:30 PM »

Trump honestly thinks that the Dems are going to just sit around and wait until 2022 for the GOP to regain a strong negotiating stance after they walked away bipartisan infrastructure deal lol

If the GOP ends up pulling a stunt like this the Dems will simply pass the bipartisan bill using reconciliation

The guy is surely underestimated as a politician when it comes to campaigning, but he is among the least competent politicians ever when it comes to the actual job of governing and legislating, to say the least.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #702 on: July 26, 2021, 08:38:05 PM »

Trump honestly thinks that the Dems are going to just sit around and wait until 2022 for the GOP to regain a strong negotiating stance after they walked away bipartisan infrastructure deal lol

If the GOP ends up pulling a stunt like this the Dems will simply pass the bipartisan bill using reconciliation

Trump lost the House and Senate for the Republicans. Trump is a loser.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #703 on: July 26, 2021, 10:43:49 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Republicans are trying to drag this out, I'm sure of it. I do think Portman wants a deal, but I do not think he intended to be finished by the August recess.

The only reason any Republican is workin on it, even if they privately want it, is to take the air out of reconcillation.

The "moderates" know reconcillation will happen. But if they drag this out until Septemeber, maybe Manchin will be less eager for a big budget bill by Oct 1st

That is the plan. That is why Schumer needs to force things out now
Buffalo Mayor Young Kim
LVScreenssuck

« Reply #704 on: July 26, 2021, 11:53:35 PM »

Republicans are trying to drag this out, I'm sure of it. I do think Portman wants a deal, but I do not think he intended to be finished by the August recess.

The only reason any Republican is workin on it, even if they privately want it, is to take the air out of reconcillation.

The "moderates" know reconcillation will happen. But if they drag this out until Septemeber, maybe Manchin will be less eager for a big budget bill by Oct 1st

This has, I think, been self-evident for a while. The only reason reconciliation isn’t just advancing on it’s own is because Manchin and Sinema want to feed their egos
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #705 on: July 27, 2021, 12:00:54 AM »
« Edited: July 27, 2021, 12:13:27 AM by Frodo »

Of course Republicans are stalling.  It's a tried-and-tested method that worked for them last time (spectacularly, I might add) in 2010, and they have little reason to believe it will turn out any less differently next year.  And of course we have the unvaccinated useful idiots out there (seemingly) doing everything they can to undermine the budding economic recovery in time for the midterms next year.  If I were a Republican, I'd be sitting at the table with an evil grin on my face as I 'negotiate' with my glowering Democratic colleagues over infrastructure, wearing them out and running out the clock, while passing on conspiracy theories about COVID to my constituents, and encouraging my Republican colleagues to do the same with theirs.  Sure many people will die, but what do I care?  I am not going to be blamed for it -Democrats are in charge, and they will be held fully accountable for circumstances that are out of their hands.  Circumstances that I am partly responsible for.

Isn't it wonderful?  Victory is almost assured.  I can practically feel the gavel in my hands.  Oh, and I haven't even touched on all the good work my colleagues in the legislatures have been doing to ensure our dominance.  Changing the rules and rigging elections so effectively that it will be a Sisyphean task for Democrats to overcome them, all while we accuse them of rigging the rules if they so much as dare counter us.       
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #706 on: July 27, 2021, 12:28:36 AM »

This has, I think, been self-evident for a while. The only reason reconciliation isn’t just advancing on it’s own is because Manchin and Sinema want to feed their egos
If I was Biden, I would funnle millions to the few holdouts. Kill the filibuster and pass the 6 trillion by the 4th of July. Have a big party. I mean put everything from free college to the public option to $15 to immigration and teacher pay increase.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: July 27, 2021, 01:24:03 AM »

We have a Senator named KYRSTEN SINEMA that is the lone holdout on the Filibuster whom is the lone holdout on the Fillibuster and she is an accessory to the Voter Suppression Laws, that why we can't get rid of the Filibuster, sue won't even go for a standing Filibuster
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #708 on: July 27, 2021, 01:41:52 AM »

I haven't been paying much attention lately, what's the status of this?  Is it expected to be a pretty smooth passage?  When do we expect voting to happen?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #709 on: July 27, 2021, 04:58:30 AM »

I haven't been paying much attention lately, what's the status of this?  Is it expected to be a pretty smooth passage?  When do we expect voting to happen?

Smooth like this street.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #710 on: July 27, 2021, 06:50:19 AM »

You know good and well Congress likes to put all it's spending nf proposals into Omnibus Spending bills at the end of the yr just like the Stimulus checks were put into last yr.

It will be passed in the Fall sooner or later just like the zdebt ceiling and Appropriation bills
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #711 on: July 27, 2021, 01:25:03 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #712 on: July 27, 2021, 01:30:44 PM »

Yeah and Sinema is blocking Filibuster reform and she can nuke it
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #713 on: July 27, 2021, 01:38:10 PM »

Rev Barber said before Aug Recess to pass Minimum wage, Immigration reform, VR, even SSA Reform and Stimulus and VR and Infrastructure the Reapportionment maps in OH, IA, NC, FL, and TX are gonna be R favored, if Sinema and Manchin don't relent

Just like it was in 201o where it knocked out Strickland as Gov and Kay Hagan as Senator

Stimulus cheques I mean 1K cheques, people are still suffering not just child credit, there are so many single people homeless and getting SSI with Housing crisis and need more stimulus
randomusername

« Reply #714 on: July 28, 2021, 10:49:43 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #715 on: July 28, 2021, 12:07:26 PM »

I won't celebrate until Reconciliation is passed, they have to come together over infrastructure, but unless Fracking is capped or reduced, I don't care how much infrastructure you pass we aren't gonna get rid of Brushfires
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #716 on: July 28, 2021, 12:18:06 PM »

Who bribed who and how?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #717 on: July 28, 2021, 12:33:15 PM »

Who bribed who and how?

They have to do something on Climate change but Environmenalists said since Reagan you can go with unlimited fracking, you must gap it or reduce it, that's why Climate change exploded under Trump, he had unlimited Oil production and why since 2008 we have been in Climate change Environment.
There isn't any vibes it's called Climate change

But, one reason why Manchin is Obstructing the VR and Filibuster is that he is still mad at Biden over FREEZING KEYSTONE
randomusername

« Reply #718 on: July 28, 2021, 01:36:07 PM »

Surely someone can primary her and still be electable in Arizona.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: July 28, 2021, 02:08:33 PM »

The reason why Mandela Barnes is gonna be the next Senator and so is Fetterman, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh have the oldest infrastructure and bridges and ready ads in the country, they need massage be infrastructure spending just like that bridge collapsed in FL

Most of WI is old stuff and need and update, that's why Ds will win WI and PA
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #720 on: July 28, 2021, 02:13:48 PM »

Surely someone can primary her and still be electable in Arizona.

In that case, kill the “bipartisan” bill.  No sense letting that piece of crap pass the Senate unless we’re getting something that’s actually…you know…good for the country out of it.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #721 on: July 28, 2021, 03:00:40 PM »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2021/07/28/arizona-sen-kyrsten-sinema-wont-back-democrats-3-5-trillion-reconciliation-bill/5402193001/

She probably supports 3.4 in the end.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #722 on: July 28, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2021, 03:59:01 PM by Bibi Be Gone »

Who gives a f***?  3.5 trillion reconciliation in exchange for her, Tester, and Manchin’s pet piece of crap was the deal, period.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #723 on: July 28, 2021, 03:07:16 PM »

God, I am in love with this woman.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #724 on: July 28, 2021, 03:40:58 PM »
« Edited: July 28, 2021, 04:05:25 PM by Frodo »

Then House Speaker Nancy Pelosi should declare this bipartisan infrastructure deal dead on arrival in the House citing the overwhelming opposition of the Progressive Caucus until Sinema reverses herself.  Make it so.  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 236  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies