Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:49:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
Author Topic: Kristi Noem gets in Twitter beef with Lil Nas X over shoes, souls  (Read 27385 times)
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2021, 10:18:23 AM »

Except they have.

Stick to the pearl-clutching stuff and the gun fetish. Conservatives are in over their heads when they try to debate actual policy.

Cases in France, Germany, and Italy are near record highs.

If you really are a libertarian, you would be for 'open borders.'

Nice appeal to purity.

Purity? It's consistent with libertarian philosophy.

Are you one of those pick and choose Libertarians only really concerned with taxes and guns?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2021, 10:27:18 AM »

Except they have.

Stick to the pearl-clutching stuff and the gun fetish. Conservatives are in over their heads when they try to debate actual policy.

Nice appeal to purity.

You mean countries that aren't under lockdown right now?

Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2021, 10:42:09 AM »

Except they have.

Nice appeal to purity.

Are you one of those pick and choose Libertarians only really concerned with taxes and guns?

Dude his signature says "Ron DeSantis 2024."
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2021, 10:46:19 AM »

Except they have.

Nice appeal to purity.

To be fair,  I never mentioned what my views were on the border crisis.  All I said was that it was a more important issue than Lil Nas X worshipping Satan and acting like a weirdo.  Live and let live is my motto.  If you want to bully people for not agreeing with your views, you are the problem.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2021, 10:49:19 AM »

And your signature is an image idolizing Che Guevara 🤮

Yes, we get it, you support communism
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »

Except they have.

Nice appeal to purity.

To be fair,  I never mentioned what my views were on the border crisis.  All I said was that it was a more important issue than Lil Nas X worshipping Satan and acting like a weirdo.  Live and let live is my motto.  If you want to bully people for not agreeing with your views, you are the problem.

Asking you questions is bullying?

I didn't mention my views either. You do, however, refer to it as a 'crisis.'
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2021, 10:59:03 AM »

And your signature is an image idolizing Che Guevara 🤮

Yes, we get it, you support communism

So you puke whenever you see an image of Abe Lincoln? Never mind, you might actually be a perfect fit for the L party.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2021, 11:03:22 AM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.
"Kween"? Why are you describing a man as a queen? He's not trans
are you like 12 or something? serious question
Nope. I am a 22 year old. Actually, I teach 6th grade Social Studies in Tennessee. I graduated college (UTM) May 2020. I'm finishing my first year teaching 11-12 year olds.

I haven’t checked, but urban dictionary is probably good for more info about “yas kween” or “yas queen.”
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2021, 11:30:24 AM »

I immediately regret checking this thread. Why do I do this to myself?

BTW fun fact everyone:

Last night I was high as a kite on Delta 8 and reading this thread during that and I laughed so hard. I found it hilarious. Then the next morning I was like "uh, what?" reading it and remember finding it funny.

Well I took a bunch of Delta 8 again and am reading it now and am laughing and finding it funny. So if you aren't finding this thread fun, you know what you have to do...
Yeah so I'm not finding it as funny now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2021, 11:32:21 AM »

Regardless:

I am not seeing why we should feel sorry for a guy who just sold a bunch of thousand dollar sneakers and no doubt made a ton of money prior to that too. Because Kristi Noem was mean to him on Twitter? People are mean to me on Twitter all the time and I've never made a dime from my posts on it.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2021, 11:58:27 AM »

Eight pages about a Twitter feud between the worst governor in America and the "Old Town Road" guy? Seriously?

The best part is the people who apparently have no idea what you're referring to when you call him the "Old Town Road" guy!  But, opinions must be shared, nonetheless.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2021, 12:06:10 PM »

This is a very very rare occasion where Noem is correct.

You're kidding, right? She's having a moral panic about satanic shoes. She needs to get a grip.
Quote from: Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Brtd is officially forbidden from ever listen to Emo music other than from Christian bands ever again.
Lots of the greatest non-Christian emo bands of all time had Christian members. Like Chris from Mineral, Jeremy from Sunny Day Real Estate, etc. Even if they weren't explicitly Christian the members were still acting through Christ and glorifying Christ with the sheer amazing music they created. Also a lot of members of my church's band play in non-Christian bands as their main bands. However this is not the case if the music is against Christ (like black metal.)

There are Christian black metal bands:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antestor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horde_%28band%29
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2021, 12:06:50 PM »

Eight pages about a Twitter feud between the worst governor in America and the "Old Town Road" guy? Seriously?

The best part is the people who apparently have no idea what you're referring to when you call him the "Old Town Road" guy!  But, opinions must be shared, nonetheless.

Guilty, but thanks to Gov. Noem, I know him now.
Pouring Rain and Blairing Music
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2021, 12:09:50 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2021, 12:46:15 PM by Quislings Anonymous »

Well, I guess if she's doing this it keeps her busy instead of mismanaging her state.

That was always my thought with Trump’s golfing tbh.

Edit, so I don’t double post:
Also this guy had a much better reply than Noem, that's for sure:

You mean, like the video in which Lil Nas X defeats Satan?

I haven't seen his video. I know I'll hate his music anyway so why bother.

Classic evangelicalism.
“I hate X”
“Have you any idea what X even is”
“No and I don’t want to”

I’m reminded of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood here:

Rick Dalton: Come on, now. You ever seen a a-an Italian Western, huh? They're awful. It's a f[Inks]ing farce.

Cliff Booth: Yeah? How many have you seen? One? Two?

Rick Dalton: I've seen enough, all right?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #214 on: March 30, 2021, 02:43:33 PM »

That album has Kanye’s best Kanye-isms. I’m personally fond of “You see there’s leaders and there’s followers but I’d rather be a dick than a swallower.”
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #215 on: March 30, 2021, 03:57:04 PM »

This thread has been a series of unending trainwrecks.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #216 on: March 30, 2021, 04:04:26 PM »

My advice still stands:

BTW fun fact everyone:

Last night I was high as a kite on Delta 8 and reading this thread during that and I laughed so hard. I found it hilarious. Then the next morning I was like "uh, what?" reading it and remember finding it funny.

Well I took a bunch of Delta 8 again and am reading it now and am laughing and finding it funny. So if you aren't finding this thread fun, you know what you have to do...
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #217 on: March 30, 2021, 04:28:47 PM »

My advice still stands:

BTW fun fact everyone:

Delta 8 truly is a wonderful thing. If the feds crack down, I'll lose my mind.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #218 on: March 30, 2021, 04:32:54 PM »

My advice still stands:

BTW fun fact everyone:

Delta 8 truly is a wonderful thing. If the feds crack down, I'll lose my mind.

Haha yeah, I don't even care that much anymore about legalizing marijuana in a state where I live, because ingenuity managed to create something even better. Canadians are missing out if no one decides to start producing it there.

Also I wouldn't worry about anything, it's pretty clear that the writing is on the wall in regards to if more prohibition is going to happen instead of it being reversed.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2021, 05:36:27 PM »

There are many many MANY LGBT people who love God and would be appalled by Lil Nas X's antics here. He DOES NOT speak for all LGBT people.

Probably true, but the rest of us are yaaaas kweeeeen. You can reject Lil Nas X if you like. Don't listen to his music, block him on Twitter. It's fine. It won't be hard. I'm old enough to remember Satanic Panic round 1 and when Madonna humped Satan for straight sex, so this is all entertainment now.
"Kween"? Why are you describing a man as a queen? He's not trans
are you like 12 or something? serious question
Nope. I am a 22 year old. Actually, I teach 6th grade Social Studies in Tennessee. I graduated college (UTM) May 2020. I'm finishing my first year teaching 11-12 year olds.

God bless those poor kids
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #220 on: March 30, 2021, 05:49:31 PM »

Regardless:

I am not seeing why we should feel sorry for a guy who just sold a bunch of thousand dollar sneakers and no doubt made a ton of money prior to that too. Because Kristi Noem was mean to him on Twitter? People are mean to me on Twitter all the time and I've never made a dime from my posts on it.

The issue isn't about feeling sorry for anyone, but actually a well Justified eye-roll over a state governor instigating a chickensh**t culture War nonsense internet Feud like some high schooler.

Or perhaps just as eyeroll worthy, in today's Republican Party such attention whoring will play well among the presidential primary voters she's clearly playing for.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #221 on: March 30, 2021, 05:57:34 PM »

Regardless:

The issue isn't about feeling sorry for anyone, but actually a well Justified eye-roll over a state governor instigating a chickensh**t culture War nonsense internet Feud like some high schooler.

Or perhaps just as eyeroll worthy, in today's Republican Party such attention whoring will play well among the presidential primary voters she's clearly playing for.

But I bet if I replied in the exact same way and my tweets somehow went viral and got picked up here people would say the same thing, even though I have zero reason to cares about Republican primary voters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #222 on: March 30, 2021, 06:16:06 PM »

Gov. Noem is in the right on this issue, and I give major props to BRTD for standing up for her in this thread against the waves of people attacking him for actually caring. Yeah, satanic shoes aren't the most pressing issue in the world. Still, nobody should be in the business of normalizing or rehabilitating Satan's image and society should not be treating this as if it were something perfectly normal. That this is being written off as not a big deal speaks directly to the profound spiritual malaise that this country faces.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #223 on: March 30, 2021, 06:20:25 PM »

Gov. Noem is in the right on this issue, and I give major props to BRTD for standing up for her in this thread against the waves of people attacking him for actually caring. Yeah, satanic shoes aren't the most pressing issue in the world. Still, nobody should be in the business of normalizing or rehabilitating Satan's image and society should not be treating this as if it were something perfectly normal. That this is being written off as not a big deal speaks directly to the profound spiritual malaise that this country faces.
You're right. Maybe they'll normalize and rehabilitate Darth Vader's image next.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #224 on: March 30, 2021, 06:21:47 PM »

1. Satan is not real. Even a lot of Christians don’t believe there is literally a red guy with horns who lords over a fiery underworld, and there isn’t much in the Bible to support that. Most of that conception of Satan comes from Dante’s Inferno, Milton’s Paradise Lost, and various Looney Tunes cartoons. It’s not a real thing and it’s embarrassing for real live adults to not only believe in it but have a moral panic over it (AGAIN).

2. It ISN’T a big deal. They are shoes. With nonsense symbols on them that only mean as much as you make of them and have power if you give it to them. They aren’t magic spells with power of their own. And as noted, there is even a reference to scripture about defeating Satan (which Lil Nas X does himself in the music video).

3. Musicians have been using “Satanic” imagery to be edgy for decades. I fail to see how Lil Nas X using it in an extremely campy, tongue-in-cheek music video that climaxes in him literally killing the Devil somehow says something especially grave about a moment of uniquely “profound spiritual malaise” the country is supposedly facing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies