GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:41:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 146552 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 27, 2022, 04:00:25 PM »

Hmm.

Yet another "privately in public" prognosis from Schumer that we always seem to get.

(*whispers* He's right though)

Right on all of it, or just Georgia?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1501 on: October 27, 2022, 04:01:40 PM »

Hmm.

Yet another "privately in public" prognosis from Schumer that we always seem to get.

Parts of it could have been "privately in public" and parts of it could have been sincere. We don't know.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1502 on: October 27, 2022, 04:02:36 PM »

I’m not convinced Fetterman is in a better position than Warnock, given everything and the fact that early voting trends are showing massive underperformance in D areas relative to 2020 (if you know where to look) but that Dems are holding their own in Georgia.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1503 on: October 27, 2022, 04:05:18 PM »

Hmm.

Presumably all of it, but I was referring to Georgia.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1504 on: October 27, 2022, 04:33:43 PM »

I’m not convinced Fetterman is in a better position than Warnock, given everything and the fact that early voting trends are showing massive underperformance in D areas relative to 2020 (if you know where to look) but that Dems are holding their own in Georgia.

Georgia require a runoff though, Dems can squeak out a victory in PA and that's it, but depending on where the votes came from and how the runoff turnout is, that wont be enough in GA.

That alone makes Georgia more difficult by default
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1505 on: October 27, 2022, 04:34:35 PM »

Georgia require a runoff though, Dems can squeak out a victory in PA and that's it, but depending on where the votes came from and how the runoff turnout is, that wont be enough in GA.

That alone makes Georgia more difficult by default
Ds would do better in a runoff imo.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1506 on: October 27, 2022, 05:02:08 PM »

Hmm.

The first state is Arizona.  There's a point where you can make out one of the women saying "Kelly's a nice man" right before Schumer comments about being in danger in that race.  There's also a bit toward the end when they're talking about Georgia where Schumer says they (Warnock) have a small lead, but it's not a Democratic state.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #1507 on: October 27, 2022, 06:19:29 PM »

Hmm.

Hmm.

Based on what, exactly? It's probably going to a runoff anyway.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1508 on: October 27, 2022, 06:26:47 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2022, 06:33:26 PM by Peter T. King Retirement Tour »

Hmm.

Hmm.

Presumably insider knowledge.

That said Pollster would you say a runoff or a outright Warnock win is more likely than an outright Walker win?
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1509 on: October 27, 2022, 06:28:55 PM »

Pollster is a literal pollster.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1510 on: October 27, 2022, 06:29:40 PM »

Hmm.

Hmm.

Presumably insider knowledge.

That said Politician would you say a runoff or a outright Warnock win is more likely than an outright Walker win?

He's a pollster, not a politician.  Don't insult him. Wink
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #1511 on: October 27, 2022, 06:46:56 PM »

I do not think there's a path to a Warnock 50% win on election night. Walker has been on a steady up and up in our trackers but is routinely falling short of 50% as well. The trendline looks good for him and if it continues he could do it, but I do believe a runoff is the likely outcome.

I expect Warnock to shift to base turnout mode rather than continuing the case against Walker in these final weeks. You can already see that in the Thanksgiving ad where he explicitly warns about the possibility of a runoff with no mention of Walker.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1512 on: October 27, 2022, 07:16:10 PM »

I do not think there's a path to a Warnock 50% win on election night. Walker has been on a steady up and up in our trackers but is routinely falling short of 50% as well. The trendline looks good for him and if it continues he could do it, but I do believe a runoff is the likely outcome.

I expect Warnock to shift to base turnout mode rather than continuing the case against Walker in these final weeks. You can already see that in the Thanksgiving ad where he explicitly warns about the possibility of a runoff with no mention of Walker.

Who do you think will win the most on election night?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1513 on: October 27, 2022, 07:17:23 PM »

Scary stuff
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #1514 on: October 27, 2022, 08:10:37 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/26/herschel-walker-polls-abortion-daily-beast/

What great journalism….

According to the RealClearPolitics polling average, Walker has regained all of the ground he lost mid-scandal, bringing the race with Democratic Sen. Raphael G. Warnock to a tie. He is now facing a new report from a second accuser that he pressured her into an abortion, too. But the effects of the first scandal have already worn off.

Could the Rasmussen and Trafalgar polls maybe have helped a bit? Lol
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1515 on: October 27, 2022, 09:55:36 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/26/herschel-walker-polls-abortion-daily-beast/

What great journalism….

According to the RealClearPolitics polling average, Walker has regained all of the ground he lost mid-scandal, bringing the race with Democratic Sen. Raphael G. Warnock to a tie. He is now facing a new report from a second accuser that he pressured her into an abortion, too. But the effects of the first scandal have already worn off.

Could the Rasmussen and Trafalgar polls maybe have helped a bit? Lol

It's maddening that outlets are running off purely GOP pollsters. Literally the only ones we've gotten in the last week are all GOP commissioned or GOP-adjacent.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1516 on: October 27, 2022, 09:56:57 PM »

.... there is absolutely no reason to compare D mail performance right now to 2020 (in PA). None at all. There were 3M mail requests in 2020. 1.3M right now. Completely different election.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1517 on: October 27, 2022, 09:59:08 PM »

.... there is absolutely no reason to compare D mail performance right now to 2020. None at all. There were 3M mail requests in 2020. 1.3M right now. Completely different election.
I see, so you believe that there is more to be found is subset cross tabs of historically inaccurate polls with cross tabs being extremely volatile to error due to their smaller size (only further exaggerating said poll errors) than actual voting data?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1518 on: October 27, 2022, 10:00:14 PM »

Can you elaborate a bit more (if possible)? Is Walker outright leading now on the tracker, or is it just him recovering from being down before?

I guess nothing should shock us these days but it would be absolutely shocking to me if Walker was in a better position after the last month.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1519 on: October 27, 2022, 10:01:34 PM »

.... there is absolutely no reason to compare D mail performance right now to 2020. None at all. There were 3M mail requests in 2020. 1.3M right now. Completely different election.
I see, so you believe that there is more to be found is subset cross tabs of historically inaccurate polls with cross tabs being extremely volatile to error due to their smaller size (only further exaggerating said poll errors) than actual voting data?

The actual voting data is what it is in PA this year. There is - once again - no historical comparison you can make. 2018 you cannot compare because we did not have easy access mail-in voting. In 2020, again, there were over *double* the mail-in requests across the state as there is now. So how on earth do you think there is a way to properly compare?
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1520 on: October 27, 2022, 10:16:35 PM »

When I use the generic chart, with no birth time, for Walker there is a T square in Walker's chart.

Walker's progressed sun is opposed by Neptune and squared by progressed Saturn. When your sun is negatively impacted by neptune and saturn .. it is generally very bad.

But let me look deeper into run off day for Georgia. That may be the more accurate day to use?

Problem is no one in the Walker or Warnock social media responded to me in regards to birthtimes.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1521 on: October 27, 2022, 10:24:03 PM »

When I use the generic chart, with no birth time, for Walker there is a T square in Walker's chart.

Walker's progressed sun is opposed by Neptune and squared by progressed Saturn. When your sun is negatively impacted by neptune and saturn .. it is generally very bad.

But let me look deeper into run off day for Georgia. That may be the more accurate day to use?

Problem is no one in the Walker or Warnock social media responded to me in regards to birthtimes.

That's very troubling. Candidates' tax returns, medical reports, and above all, birthtimes, should be freely available.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1522 on: October 28, 2022, 08:28:41 AM »

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7107

Buy now on Warnock if you don’t believe Trafalgar Rasmussen and the other junk!
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1523 on: October 28, 2022, 08:40:04 AM »

That's way too low on Warnock if for no other reason than the likelihood of a runoff.  I would say the same thing if the percentages were reversed; it would be too low for Walker in that case.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1524 on: October 28, 2022, 08:44:04 AM »

That's way too low on Warnock if for no other reason than the likelihood of a runoff.  I would say the same thing if the percentages were reversed; it would be too low for Walker in that case.

To a lot of people, GA is a "red state" and GOP will get their rightful win. PredictIt being $850 max per market per person leads to a lot of low info bettors and is easily to manipulate.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies