GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:07:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 145235 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: October 15, 2022, 11:57:02 AM »

As I have said many times in OH, WI, GA, NC Rs have to peel not white voters but Blk voters, the Rs disarmed themselves with blk voters when they Filibuster Voting Rights, and females are gonna vote out Collins in 26 because she Filibuster Voting Rights that wasn't on the ballot in 20 due to Biden wasn't in office , why do you think LePage and Poliquin are losing Angus King called Collins out and Ossoff for supporting 2006 version of Voting Rights but not for the People Act, Collins endorsed LePage and he is losing

The blk voters arent gonna vote for Walkers but white voters are and in that QU poll it had a gender gap with female voters

The reason why Rs are now favored in FL because Latinos not Blk people have solidified their support in 24 Scott is on the ballot and he isn't Latino like Rubio he can lose to Gwen Graham
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1376 on: October 15, 2022, 12:04:07 PM »

Watched it late and haven't read anyone else's commentary yet, but my impression is that Walker pretty much sucked. Not because he gave bad answers (he gave some bad and some good, and had some good one liners), but because he just seems like he's been hit in the head too many times. I think he managed to do no harm, which was important, but I doubt many people who were not planning to vote for him are now planning to do so. Maaaaaybe not completely crashing and burning will have exceeded the expectations of some (myself included l will have a marginal effect, but lean D remains lean D.

Respectfully, the man is currently going viral for pulling out a fake police badge. I have to disagree that he "did no harm."
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1377 on: October 15, 2022, 12:05:24 PM »

Cold take: Nobody gives a s**t about the debate and this changes nothing.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1378 on: October 15, 2022, 12:10:15 PM »

I think the media narrative in newspqpers/etc will help Walker slightly but if you Blue avatars expect a runoff to save him, you'll be very dissapointed
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1379 on: October 15, 2022, 12:17:41 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2022, 12:30:26 PM by Joe Republic »

Herschel Walker: "The healthcare that you get is the healthcare that you do if you are take the insulin, but take the insulin if you eat right, because Georgia has the abortions that we don't shouldn't be having and that's why we have all this inflation."  *holds up coffee coaster*

DT, Green Line and DTC:  "Haha cry more libs"
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1380 on: October 15, 2022, 12:18:41 PM »

Herschel Walker: "The healthcare that you get is the healthcare that you do if you are take the insulin, but take the insulin if you eat right, because Georgia has the abortions that we don't shouldn't be having and that's why we have all this inflation."

Again, the media is painting this as a win for Walker. For people that didn't watch the debate, it will influence them.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1381 on: October 15, 2022, 12:21:28 PM »

Was pleasantly surprised by some of Walker's performance. Obviously there was a still a good deal of idiocy to go around - the solution to rising insulin prices being cheap gasoline, the prop stunt, etc- but I entered with literally zero expectations, and he held Warnock's feet to the fire incredibly effectively on the abortion issue, he declared with no reservations that he would accept any outcome in November, and he didn't completely sh*t the bed. Obviously, accepting the result of an election is not something for which someone should be given much kudos, but it was still pleasing to hear in this day and age.

Somehow I don't think one side saying the issue should be with a woman and her doctor and the other side saying "why are you aborting babies instead of baptizing them" is going to be seen at parity with most rational people

Walker responding "You want taxpayer funding for abortion, so you're bringing the government right back into the room" upon Warnock saying the doctor's room was too small for a woman, her doctor, and the government was a fantastic rebuttal, and one that Warnock didn't even deny.

Warnock's position on abortion is something that I've always been very uncomfortable about with him. He's adopting the generic Democratic position on the issue, and I don't think I've ever heard him say that he was personally pro-life or that he didn't morally condone the practice. Yes, he's a Democrat, but he's also a pastor, and I've always struggled with how a man of God can support a practice such as that.

Which specific bible verse explicitly says abortion is against God's law?  In fact, I'll make it even easier.  Just cite for me a single bible verse that uses the word "abortion" in any context.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1382 on: October 15, 2022, 12:30:11 PM »

Herschel Walker: "The healthcare that you get is the healthcare that you do if you are take the insulin, but take the insulin if you eat right, because Georgia has the abortions that we don't shouldn't be having and that's why we have all this inflation."

Again, the media is painting this as a win for Walker. For people that didn't watch the debate, it will influence them.

That is good for Walker unless another kid pops out or abortion scandal happens before Election Day.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1383 on: October 15, 2022, 12:31:14 PM »

The amount of copium ITT from our resident D hacks/bloomers is really something to see. 

Walker did not win the debate, no matter how much you try to spin it.

The AJC disagrees with you. 

I wouldn’t say he won it. If anything, I’d say it was more of a draw.

I can understand the feeling that he was more direct in some of his answers than Warnock.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1384 on: October 15, 2022, 12:34:55 PM »

I think Republicans are mistaking the relief they feel, in that they’ve convinced themselves it’s right and worthy to vote for this dumpster fire of a candidate, will carry over onto the median voter who isn’t solely motivated by ensuring Republican control of the Senate. I mean, maybe there are really undecided voters who saw the debate and forgot all the reasons Walker’s an absurd candidate who attacks his wives and has serious brain damage? But you can’t prove that this is happening by Republicans taking their own temperature and each other’s and swooning over the results.
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1385 on: October 15, 2022, 12:36:23 PM »

I was genuinely thrilled by Kerry’s debate performance in 2004, not to mention Hillary’s in 2016. And they genuinely had good debate performances, it wasn’t just that they didn’t drool and babble on stage worse than usual.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1386 on: October 15, 2022, 01:12:33 PM »

The fact that Herschel Walker will get no less than 48% of vote is extremely sad.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1387 on: October 15, 2022, 01:17:47 PM »

When you see a black guy reach into his pocket:

Walker pointed a gun (whoops) a badge at the moderators

heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1388 on: October 15, 2022, 01:21:00 PM »

It looks like Walker won the debate. Looking forward to election night!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1389 on: October 15, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »

Someone texted me that Walker had taken out a gun in response to a question on law enforcement and I, being extremely stupid, posted that here without checking. But I'll say, this, Walker has a history of pointing guns at people!
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1390 on: October 15, 2022, 01:31:09 PM »

I was genuinely thrilled by Kerry’s debate performance in 2004, not to mention Hillary’s in 2016. And they genuinely had good debate performances, it wasn’t just that they didn’t drool and babble on stage worse than usual.
This proves debate performance doesnt matter lol.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1391 on: October 15, 2022, 01:36:41 PM »

I moved from supporting nobody to supporting Walker after this debate.

That's dumb.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1392 on: October 15, 2022, 01:42:07 PM »

I genuinely don’t know how this debate could improve your opinion of Walker, can you please elaborate?

I can understand if it didn’t change your opinion, or if you were supporting him before and continue to do so, but to go from undecided to pro-Walker? How?

DTC is a crazy person, that's how.

To me, what is crazy is completely ignoring how big of an issue inflation is in this country. One of the biggest reasons why I voted for Joe Biden is democrats have traditionally had a better record on inflation, and Trump contributed a lot to the national debt. But the second Joe Biden came into office, he implemented many policies that contributed to inflation an exacerbated it, such as the American Rescue Plan, the rent moratorium, expanded unemployment, $400 billion student loan debt removal, among other poorly thought out policies. But I suppose looking good in your circle is more important than being able to afford basic goods and services.

What are Republicans going to do to alleviate inflation?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1393 on: October 15, 2022, 02:07:53 PM »

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #1394 on: October 15, 2022, 02:15:10 PM »

I genuinely don’t know how this debate could improve your opinion of Walker, can you please elaborate?

I can understand if it didn’t change your opinion, or if you were supporting him before and continue to do so, but to go from undecided to pro-Walker? How?

DTC is a crazy person, that's how.

To me, what is crazy is completely ignoring how big of an issue inflation is in this country. One of the biggest reasons why I voted for Joe Biden is democrats have traditionally had a better record on inflation, and Trump contributed a lot to the national debt. But the second Joe Biden came into office, he implemented many policies that contributed to inflation an exacerbated it, such as the American Rescue Plan, the rent moratorium, expanded unemployment, $400 billion student loan debt removal, among other poorly thought out policies. But I suppose looking good in your circle is more important than being able to afford basic goods and services.

What are Republicans going to do to alleviate inflation?

Keystone XL pipeline, tax cuts to top brackets
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1395 on: October 15, 2022, 02:15:17 PM »

Herschel Walker: "The healthcare that you get is the healthcare that you do if you are take the insulin, but take the insulin if you eat right, because Georgia has the abortions that we don't shouldn't be having and that's why we have all this inflation."  *holds up coffee coaster*

Very cogent!
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1396 on: October 15, 2022, 02:30:16 PM »

The amount of copium ITT from our resident D hacks/bloomers is really something to see. 

South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1397 on: October 15, 2022, 03:01:07 PM »

Walker did not win the debate, no matter how much you try to spin it.

The AJC disagrees with you. 

Wooo, you really got him!
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #1398 on: October 15, 2022, 03:04:24 PM »

Was pleasantly surprised by some of Walker's performance. Obviously there was a still a good deal of idiocy to go around - the solution to rising insulin prices being cheap gasoline, the prop stunt, etc- but I entered with literally zero expectations, and he held Warnock's feet to the fire incredibly effectively on the abortion issue, he declared with no reservations that he would accept any outcome in November, and he didn't completely sh*t the bed. Obviously, accepting the result of an election is not something for which someone should be given much kudos, but it was still pleasing to hear in this day and age.

Somehow I don't think one side saying the issue should be with a woman and her doctor and the other side saying "why are you aborting babies instead of baptizing them" is going to be seen at parity with most rational people

Walker responding "You want taxpayer funding for abortion, so you're bringing the government right back into the room" upon Warnock saying the doctor's room was too small for a woman, her doctor, and the government was a fantastic rebuttal, and one that Warnock didn't even deny.

Warnock's position on abortion is something that I've always been very uncomfortable about with him. He's adopting the generic Democratic position on the issue, and I don't think I've ever heard him say that he was personally pro-life or that he didn't morally condone the practice. Yes, he's a Democrat, but he's also a pastor, and I've always struggled with how a man of God can support a practice such as that.

Which specific bible verse explicitly says abortion is against God's law?  In fact, I'll make it even easier.  Just cite for me a single bible verse that uses the word "abortion" in any context.

The Bible is actually pro-abortion.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1399 on: October 15, 2022, 03:45:08 PM »

I get its a political forum, but its weird how folks place such hyper-inflated significance on these debates
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies