GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:30:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 147
Author Topic: GA-SEN 2022 Megathread: Werewolves and Vampires  (Read 147070 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1875 on: November 29, 2022, 08:26:43 AM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1876 on: November 29, 2022, 09:12:50 AM »

Oh my
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1877 on: November 29, 2022, 09:16:31 AM »

Didn't GA R's make changes that intentionally push people away from VBM and toward in-person EV?  I know GA still technically has no-excuse VBM, but I think it's a lot more complicated now?

Other than reducing drop-off box availability, timeline of mailing out ballots and maybe restricting who can mail people ABM applications unsolicited (not sure about that last one), not really.

You can even apply for a mail ballot online (as I did, for the first time ever, for this runoff) via the SoS so long as you 1) are a registered voter, 2) have driver's license or SSN, 3) have access to a printer and scanner, sign and scan back in the application, and upload it directly back to the website:

https://securemyabsenteeballot.sos.ga.gov/s/absentee-ballot-request

This part is insanely overly complicated. You shouldn't have to print anything out and scan it back to apply for a VBM.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1878 on: November 29, 2022, 09:54:12 AM »

Voting by mail seems like such a risk for such an abbreviated runoff that I would hope the Warnock campaign is not promoting that.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1879 on: November 29, 2022, 09:55:23 AM »

Spectator
United States

« Reply #1880 on: November 29, 2022, 10:11:06 AM »

Voting by mail seems like such a risk for such an abbreviated runoff that I would hope the Warnock campaign is not promoting that.

I will say, the most promising thing for Warnock right now is that the people who didn’t vote in November that voted now skew overwhelmingly young and black/minority. So if he can get his prior voters out to the polls at a rate at least as good as Walker (if not better), he’ll be looking good.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1881 on: November 29, 2022, 10:13:35 AM »

Didn't GA R's make changes that intentionally push people away from VBM and toward in-person EV?  I know GA still technically has no-excuse VBM, but I think it's a lot more complicated now?

Other than reducing drop-off box availability, timeline of mailing out ballots and maybe restricting who can mail people ABM applications unsolicited (not sure about that last one), not really.

You can even apply for a mail ballot online (as I did, for the first time ever, for this runoff) via the SoS so long as you 1) are a registered voter, 2) have driver's license or SSN, 3) have access to a printer and scanner, sign and scan back in the application, and upload it directly back to the website:

https://securemyabsenteeballot.sos.ga.gov/s/absentee-ballot-request

This part is insanely overly complicated. You shouldn't have to print anything out and scan it back to apply for a VBM.

Yes, but keep in mind that about half of states still require that you physically mail in the ballot request form.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1882 on: November 29, 2022, 11:49:10 AM »
« Edited: November 29, 2022, 12:04:34 PM by Adam Griffin »

Alright, I don't know why SoS the past 2 days is putting out 2 batches of updates for each day - one at the usual evening time including most votes, and another the following morning - but it's getting old.

So far in the 2022 runoff election, 504,411 people have voted.

322,769 voted on Monday - breaking all one-day records. That includes 21,095 mail ballots processed yesterday (for most counties, this includes all ballots received post-Wednesday).

Quote from: Total EV as of 11/28
48.4% White
38.1% Black
9.8% Other
2.0% Asian
1.6% Latino

55.3% Female
44.3% Male

8.1% 18-29
6.6% 30-39
10.6% 40-49
33.0% 50-64
41.4% 65+
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1883 on: November 29, 2022, 12:02:05 PM »

10:30 AM Update
Monday:    63,454
Tuesday:   69,556
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1884 on: November 29, 2022, 12:10:49 PM »

Just voted, and if the line was any indication, I’m convinced 80 year old white people are the only thing keeping the GOP in contention. People behind me were blatantly violating the no political talk rule by talking about how Warnock was going to expand the SCOTUS to 13.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #1885 on: November 29, 2022, 12:15:36 PM »

Just voted, and if the line was any indication, I’m convinced 80 year old white people are the only thing keeping the GOP in contention. People behind me were blatantly violating the no political talk rule by talking about how Warnock was going to expand the SCOTUS to 13.

Yeah, this was another thing, the polling place I went to clearly had an overwhelmingly liberal clientele; the part of Fulton I was in was up north, probably marginally D by now but obviously sprinting left.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1886 on: November 29, 2022, 12:23:12 PM »

I voted for Warnock today.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1887 on: November 29, 2022, 12:25:22 PM »

Which county are you in?
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1888 on: November 29, 2022, 12:31:54 PM »

Which county are you in?

Columbia, but the more swingy part of the county. Decent amount of black people in line.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #1889 on: November 29, 2022, 12:41:12 PM »

People behind me were blatantly violating the no political talk rule by talking about how Warnock was going to expand the SCOTUS to 13.

That's the first I've heard of a rule about standing in line (or "on line" if you're in the New York area) banning political talk from people actually waiting. I would think that may violate 1st amendment provisions since it's the voters themselves talking, not a campaign (electioneering).
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #1890 on: November 29, 2022, 12:47:10 PM »

People behind me were blatantly violating the no political talk rule by talking about how Warnock was going to expand the SCOTUS to 13.

That's the first I've heard of a rule about standing in line (or "on line" if you're in the New York area) banning political talk from people actually waiting. I would think that may violate 1st amendment provisions since it's the voters themselves talking, not a campaign (electioneering).

In Louisiana "electioneering" is broadly defined as "any person" attempting "to solicit in any manner or by any means whatsoever any other person to vote for or against any candidate or proposition being voted on in such election." Wearing campaign merch or even talking about candidates (favorably or otherwise) is a no-go within 600 feet of a polling place. It may be the same in Georgia.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1891 on: November 29, 2022, 12:50:08 PM »

I don't believe the rule covers voters discussing political issues while in line (the rules cover things like campaign signs & banners, signature collection, candidate campaigning, etc - all within 150 feet of an outer precinct's walls and/or within 25 feet of a voter standing in line).
Spectator
United States

« Reply #1892 on: November 29, 2022, 12:50:28 PM »

In Louisiana "electioneering" is broadly defined as "any person" attempting "to solicit in any manner or by any means whatsoever any other person to vote for or against any candidate or proposition being voted on in such election." Wearing campaign merch or even talking about candidates (favorably or otherwise) is a no-go within 600 feet of a polling place. It may be the same in Georgia.

Yeah no political activity or even talk with 150 feet of a polling place
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1893 on: November 29, 2022, 12:52:30 PM »

There were signs at my polling place that said "Please do not talk about politics in line" or something similar.
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #1894 on: November 29, 2022, 12:55:07 PM »

Alright, I don't know why SoS the past 2 days is putting out 2 batches of updates for each day - one at the usual evening time including most votes, and another the following morning - but it's getting old.

So far in the 2022 runoff election, 504,411 people have voted.

322,769 voted on Monday - breaking all one-day records. That includes 21,095 mail ballots processed yesterday (for most counties, this includes all ballots received post-Wednesday).

Quote from: Total EV as of 11/28
48.4% White
38.1% Black
9.8% Other
2.0% Asian
1.6% Latino

55.3% Female
44.3% Male

8.1% 18-29
6.6% 30-39
10.6% 40-49
33.0% 50-64
41.4% 65+

How should this be interpreted? The share of African American and female turnout looks better than I recall seeing the early vote for the general election looking at any point. I'm sure it will go down, but is it likely to fall below general election levels?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1895 on: November 29, 2022, 01:25:33 PM »

As of now, close to two-thirds of early voters (322k) voted in the 2022 primaries.

Among those, the split is 58.1% D, 41.3% R.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #1896 on: November 29, 2022, 01:29:22 PM »

Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker described himself as living in Texas during 2022 campaign speech
“I live in Texas,” Walker said in late January of this year, when speaking to University of Georgia College Republicans. Walker was criticizing Democrats for not visiting the border when he made the comments. “I went down to the border off and on sometimes,” he said.

Earlier in the speech, Walker said he decided to run for Georgia’s Senate seat while at his Texas home after seeing the country divided.

“Everyone asks me, why did I decide to run for a Senate seat? Because to be honest with you, this is never something I ever, ever, ever thought in my life I’d ever do,” said Walker. “And that’s the honest truth. As I was sitting in my home in Texas, I was sitting in my home in Texas, and I was seeing what was going on in this country. I was seeing what was going on in this country with how they were trying to divide people.”

A CNN KFile review of some of Walker’s media appearances and events from 2021 and 2022 finds Walker appeared on Fox News and other conservative media from his Texas home at least four times after announcing his candidacy for Georgia’s Senate seat.

The interviews at his Texas home took place twice in September 2021 and in February and March of 2022. Before announcing, all of Walker’s media appearances on Fox News and on other conservative media, around 20 in total, took place in Texas.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1897 on: November 29, 2022, 01:32:09 PM »

The size of the cordon varies from state to state, but every one has a electioneering line beyond which you cannot actively try to convince others, put up signs, or wear political clothing/accessories.  Every year in almost every state there is some campaign that tries to push inside the cordon and the security need to be called forward.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1898 on: November 29, 2022, 01:39:47 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1899 on: November 29, 2022, 01:40:55 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 ... 147  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length