Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:44:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 49
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 57672 times)
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: September 05, 2022, 05:27:15 PM »

Lol at people who insisted Crist would be better than Fried. He's easy to paint as a fraud, a career politician, and picked one of the worst running mates I've ever seen. He would be lucky to lose by just 10 points
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #776 on: September 05, 2022, 07:34:47 PM »

Why do y’all even try to argue with this olawakandi fool? Can’t y’all see he’s a bot account?

even a doubting Thomas will become a believer upon seeing miracles take place
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #777 on: September 05, 2022, 08:13:47 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2022, 08:17:04 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Why do y’all even try to argue with this olawakandi fool? Can’t y’all see he’s a bot account?

even a doubting Thomas will become a believer upon seeing miracles take place

The maps are blank on EDay , there are no ratings if Rs can overperform polls and 538 had us favored to net gain H seats in 2020 and we lost seats we won Ak and NY we can win OH, NC and FL I expect the Rs to win the H that's not gonna stop us from winning OH, NC and FL SEN ANS AND FL GOV

Guess what in 2012 Rs had 241 H SEATS and we won WV, MT, OH and FL Sen
Buzz

« Reply #778 on: September 06, 2022, 01:30:48 PM »

Junior Chimp

« Reply #779 on: September 06, 2022, 01:39:16 PM »

I agree!

On the other side 100 % from Crists Ads have been negative.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #780 on: September 06, 2022, 01:53:44 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2022, 01:57:28 PM by RussFeingoldWasRobbed »

With this running mate selection, I'm calling it. DeSantis outruns Rubio
Junior Chimp

« Reply #781 on: September 06, 2022, 02:29:50 PM »

@RussFeingoldwasrobbed,

Crist caught lying through his teeth

Even the Interviewer is questioning what Crist is saying.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #782 on: September 06, 2022, 05:09:01 PM »

I agree!

This really seems like the reverse of a lot of places where Dems are the ones running the more "positive" campaign compared to Republicans. Yes you can attack the current administration but you also have to have a sense of optimism for the future and explain why folks should re-elect you if you want to win. That's exactly what DeSantis is doing.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #783 on: September 06, 2022, 05:12:22 PM »

Personally, I hope Dems likely loss here will help combat the notion that the best way to win a governors race is to run a former governor, who in this case had many chances to win statewide but didn't. People like Christ and McAuliffe really lack charisma and yet the Dem establishment treats them like gods.

I would argue this is why Dems are doing so well in many of these key Senate races, their slate of candidates is relatively young, charismatic, and generally seem more down to earth, especially when compared to certain GOP candidates.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #784 on: September 06, 2022, 07:55:03 PM »

I agree!

This really seems like the reverse of a lot of places where Dems are the ones running the more "positive" campaign compared to Republicans. Yes you can attack the current administration but you also have to have a sense of optimism for the future and explain why folks should re-elect you if you want to win. That's exactly what DeSantis is doing.
Crists Team is consistently hammering DeSantis with Ads that he is being a facist, etc. 100 % negative Ads. DeSantis said recently he would not go down that road. His Team seems confident of his record as Governor particularly on COVID & the Economy.
Unelectable Bystander
« Reply #785 on: September 06, 2022, 08:18:33 PM »

Personally, I hope Dems likely loss here will help combat the notion that the best way to win a governors race is to run a former governor, who in this case had many chances to win statewide but didn't. People like Christ and McAuliffe really lack charisma and yet the Dem establishment treats them like gods.

I would argue this is why Dems are doing so well in many of these key Senate races, their slate of candidates is relatively young, charismatic, and generally seem more down to earth, especially when compared to certain GOP candidates.

This is an interesting comparison and probably a really good one. Two ex-governors who come off as boring and uninspiring but “electable”. Oddly enough, they both faced younger republicans who are far more energetic and relatable than most politicians in the party.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #786 on: September 06, 2022, 08:53:19 PM »

Democrats did this back in 2016 as well in the Senate Races. Nominating Ted Strickland, Evan Bayh and it did not work back then.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #787 on: September 06, 2022, 09:09:03 PM »

Democrats did this back in 2016 as well in the Senate Races. Nominating Ted Strickland, Evan Bayh and it did not work back then.

A lot of times, a state party will end up going with a retread candidate because they just don't have a good bench. That was true for Strickland, Bayh, McAuliffe, Crist and Feingold.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #788 on: September 06, 2022, 09:45:57 PM »

I would argue the difference is that Strickland and Bayh were just kinda seen as "default establishment" candidates even if they were younger.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #789 on: September 06, 2022, 10:24:36 PM »

RollRoons & Progressive Moderate
I really have to laugh at Crist, this is comical. He is basically begging for money, BEGGING

He knows the Race isn't tied!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #790 on: September 07, 2022, 06:25:47 AM »

It's not over until we get results on EDay as I have said many times Gillum was six pts ahead of Crist after he won the primary and Lost DeSantis 8 pt lead is not safe and neither is Vance 5 just because it's TRAFALGAR

Shapiro was ahead not too long ago 51/39 and now he is leading an R internal 1
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #791 on: September 07, 2022, 07:42:34 AM »

DeSantis and Rubio only up 2 not 8 ha
Junior Chimp

« Reply #792 on: September 07, 2022, 12:42:47 PM »

Progressive Moderate,
Nice Bonus when you have an Authentic Young Wife like Casey DeSantis taking to Female Voters, Moms with Children especially

I am honest I am absolutely adoring her.
If DeSantis wins Re-Election it will be because he overperforms with Female Voters.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #793 on: September 07, 2022, 01:04:13 PM »

Progressive Moderate has an R nut map  Rs aren't winning 54 seats

Ryan is winning +9 so much for VANCE  Laughable margins
Woody Woodpecker laugh 😂😂😂😂
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #794 on: September 07, 2022, 03:54:11 PM »

Progressive Moderate,
Nice Bonus when you have an Authentic Young Wife like Casey DeSantis taking to Female Voters, Moms with Children especially

If DeSantis wins Re-Election it will be because he overperforms with Female Voters.

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes
Junior Chimp

« Reply #795 on: September 07, 2022, 04:01:53 PM »

Progressive Moderate,

Imagine actually believing this Roll Eyes
2018 EXIT POLLS
https://edition.cnn.com/election/2018/exit-polls/florida
DeSantis got 43 % of the Women Vote. New Poll shows him at 48 %. That's a 5 Percentage Points increase.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #796 on: September 07, 2022, 04:15:29 PM »

DeSantis is the pro-parent candidate in the sense that he's virulently anti-abortion and wants to force women to become parents.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #797 on: September 08, 2022, 10:53:06 AM »

RIP TRAFALGAR, IMPACT POLLS SHOWS DS SURGING BUT AT LEAST THEY HAVE PA AND WI LEAN D
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #798 on: September 12, 2022, 10:32:05 AM »

RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #799 on: September 12, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »

This is the new GOP. Lol at folks who think Nikki Haley/Tim Scott can win a primary!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies