Florida 2022 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:19:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Florida 2022 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49
Author Topic: Florida 2022 Megathread  (Read 57721 times)
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: October 14, 2022, 07:56:03 PM »

The county named is Orange County (Orlando)
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #976 on: October 15, 2022, 07:33:13 AM »

Marco Rubio won the state by 8 points in a year where Trump only carried it by 1 (2016). That shows that he had cross-over appeal. Yet almost every poll released this year has had Desantis with the bigger lead. I wonder why? This is not like in Texas where you can clearly see which actions of Abbott may have lost him moderate voters. In Florida, Rubio is actually more moderate than Desantis but seems to be doing worse. Is it just a testament to Deming's being a better candidate than Crist?   
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #977 on: October 15, 2022, 08:06:02 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2022, 09:11:20 AM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Marco Rubio won the state by 8 points in a year where Trump only carried it by 1 (2016). That shows that he had cross-over appeal. Yet almost every poll released this year has had Desantis with the bigger lead. I wonder why? This is not like in Texas where you can clearly see which actions of Abbott may have lost him moderate voters. In Florida, Rubio is actually more moderate than Desantis but seems to be doing worse. Is it just a testament to Deming's being a better candidate than Crist?    

Biden has no border policy the blue wall doesn't touch FL or TX and Rs aren't winning the H on their own it's heavily Gerrymandering Districts by SCOTUS just like Johnson isn't winning by himself he is still in trouble but SCOTUS heavily Gerrymandering WI, and if Gwen Graham runs against Scott who isn't Latino he can lose Scott isn't as popular as Rubio he never win his offices by 8 pts

Users think Gerrymandering has nothing to do with the Rs winning they are winning every Eday by themselves if that was the case why haven't the Rs cracked the blue wall because the South is Gerrymandering Districts, they would even in a year like 22 crack the blue wall and Rs have 0 chance as I previously said to win in 24 they wont crack the blue wall you need blue states not red states to win Prez that's why Trump lost in 2020
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #978 on: October 15, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »

DeSantis is just popular.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #979 on: October 15, 2022, 10:28:05 AM »

DeSantis is just popular.

He's still losing to Biden on the Natl polls
Junior Chimp

« Reply #980 on: October 15, 2022, 09:28:09 PM »

Democratic Data Consultant and Founder of MCMaps Matthew Isbell says Florida is "Gone" for Crist, says Dems need to do "Damage Control".
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #981 on: October 15, 2022, 10:24:38 PM »

DeSantis doesn't have a ton of charisma in person, but he has great instincts and knows how to project himself as a strong, sure leader. Rubio comes off as a robot, disingenuously gloms onto every new GOP fad-of-the-month, and has an unpleasant voice and weird mannerisms.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #982 on: October 16, 2022, 01:18:15 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2022, 01:31:09 PM by 2016 »

This is BROWARD COUNTY, FL a Democratic Stronghold where Hundreds of People lining up for Ron DeSantis Event

HOLY MAGNON!

P. S.: Crist is still going to win Broward County but not by that 70-30 margin he did in 2014.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #983 on: October 16, 2022, 01:34:27 PM »

2016 is so anxious about Eday and we are Early voting he needs to wait just like everyone else before all the races are called CBS has Rs 47/45 and Rassy has Rs ahead 48/41 but Fox news has D ahead 44/41

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1581662553419091968

I still. Optimistic because it's FL nothing is final until all the races are called what happened last time Trump said he did win this Election the night after Eday and he LOST
Junior Chimp

« Reply #984 on: October 16, 2022, 08:19:31 PM »

@Calthrina950,
One Picture says a thousand words

DeSantis comes over as very authentic especially to working families and the Working Class.
Yes, he is Governor of a big State but he foremost is also a dad to a young family.

Crist never can make such a case with no kids & his "Grey Hairs", lol Wink
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #985 on: October 17, 2022, 01:32:45 AM »

@Calthrina950,

DeSantis comes over as very authentic especially to working families and the Working Class.
Yes, he is Governor of a big State but he foremost is also a dad to a young family.

I don’t disagree that bringing out kids helps politicians, but I don’t get your “grey hairs” remark. Most of the senate and many governors have grey/greying hair. People can go grey very young
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #986 on: October 17, 2022, 09:47:15 AM »

I am still optimistic on FL, OH, NC, IA and SD Heidikamper wasn't supposed to win that poll showing Thune ahead 53)25 is false what happened to the other 20 percent and Jamie Smith is 4 pts behind and you guys are leading in OR and NH and VT but OK and SD and KS are leaning D Kelly of KS isn't down by double digits she is ahead by 2

That proves partisan trends don't matter

303 map 224/211 RH 52/47/1 S
Wave insurance 52 plus seats Trump and DeSantis are losing to Biden in all the 303 states but we still want to beat him in 2022 but that's wave insurance
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #987 on: October 18, 2022, 10:27:31 AM »

Southern Reactionary Dem
SouthernReactionaryDem
Rookie
United States

« Reply #988 on: October 18, 2022, 10:32:55 AM »

It might have something to do with the fact that DeSantis projects strength and, while not the highest charisma guy, is still masterful when it comes to optics. Rubio has the charisma of a wet paper bag, seems cowardly at times and just latches himself to the latest GOP establishment trend of the day.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #989 on: October 18, 2022, 10:45:01 AM »

@Calthrina950,

If Biden was doing this the MAGAs would say something extremely weird about him sniffing hair.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #990 on: October 18, 2022, 01:16:57 PM »

Charlie Crists Clown Car Democrats are now becoming DESPERATE, calling Casey DeSantis a "Gifter Girl".
Junior Chimp

« Reply #991 on: October 19, 2022, 04:55:30 PM »

Crists Campaign Manager quits less than 3 Weeks before Midterm Election:
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/565208-charlie-crist-campaign-manager-out-20-days-before-election/
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #992 on: October 19, 2022, 09:20:05 PM »

From the article

“Austin Durrer has departed the campaign to focus on a family matter,” campaign spokesperson Samantha Ramirez said.

Though the campaign faces long odds, the campaign insists Durrer’s departure has nothing to do with the state of the campaign.

Nice try though.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #993 on: October 19, 2022, 09:34:43 PM »

From the article

“Austin Durrer has departed the campaign to focus on a family matter,” campaign spokesperson Samantha Ramirez said.

Though the campaign faces long odds, the campaign insists Durrer’s departure has nothing to do with the state of the campaign.

Nice try though.
That's what all campaigns claim when something like this happens.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #994 on: October 19, 2022, 09:37:27 PM »

From the article

Nice try though.
That's what all campaigns claim when something like this happens.
I agree. Crist is facing very long odds and he knows it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #995 on: October 20, 2022, 06:44:56 PM »

Yeah it's over but as I have repeadily said its a 303 map,   anyways, the wave insurance seats are shrinking, Cook has WI as a Tossup but Gonzalez and Sabato has WI Lean R, we are gonna to pickup WI and PA and GA is gonna go to a Runoff for a 51)48/1 Senate but I am not changing OH Senate

There is no way Evers is the prohibited fav while Johnson outpolls Michels, with Kleefisch yes but not with Michels Chuck Todd said it's always WI ever Eday from now on even in 24 where Baldwin is up, it's WI, WI, WI
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #996 on: October 20, 2022, 08:07:57 PM »

"He's getting praised just for doing the bare minimum"

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #997 on: October 20, 2022, 08:14:57 PM »

Agreed, Governor DeSantis isn't the major threat that people make him out to be. I predict he isn't as conservative as his rhetoric may suggest.

Though, I feel like GOP Presidents are a lot more "conservative" than Democratic Politicians are "liberal". Is that just me being biased from a center-left perspective or do we agree on that? I mean, like completed policy-wise, I feel like GWB and Trump have gotten a lot more done than Biden and Obama to accomplish policies.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #998 on: October 20, 2022, 08:47:40 PM »

I was correct when I said Hurricane Ian would benefit DeSantis politically. Recent polls show that Floridians approve of his response, and we are now getting multiple polls with his leads extending into the low double digits.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #999 on: October 21, 2022, 11:12:07 AM »

Yesterday on FOX NEWS with Neil Cavuto the Crist Campaign effectivly ended.

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, although he stopped short of officially endorsing DeSantis, gave glaring & gloating praise to the FL Governor of his Hurricane Response. Jeb also delivered a blistered attack on Randi Weingarten, Karla Hernandez and their Teachers Union Cronies. Jeb said he likes what he is seeing from DeSantis when it comes to Education.

When you have Jeb Bush in your corner who is uniquely loved in FL you are winning as a Campaign and you lose when you don't have him.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies